Group - Group B Battle Royale | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Bluenote Stinger

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • DiMaria Yesta

Votes: 50 86.2%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 49 84.5%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • God Serena

Votes: 55 94.8%
  • Makarov Dreyar

Votes: 28 48.3%
  • Minerva Orland

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • Orga Nanagear

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Honestly, even if it isn't stated, hype should be very limited here. Perhaps even more than we usually do in the Domus Flau. After all, we're not discussing what we think the potential of each character should be. We should judge these fights mainly based on feats. The only time I would even accept hype as evidence is when it is strictly backed up by feats or has been stated/repeated numerous times (not just by the same person but multiple characters).

If I understood the rules correctly, as more chapters come out with more feats shown, then we will be able to use it in this discussion. So assuming in the next couple chapters that we see Gajeel use Dragon Force, it will no longer be considered as "hype". Similarly, since this tournament lasts for a couple months, if Hiro Mashima decides to match Gray up against a Spriggan and we see him use his "secret technique", then we can use it as evidence. For now, I won't assume Gajeel has Dragon Force or Gray has Demon Force, but there is still a possibility that we'll see it in the future.

I'm sorry, but none of the pages you posted shows that Minerva uses her ability to teleport. I don't know why you start about Yagdo Rigora, since that doesn't have to do a thing with Territory since it's another type of magic. Also, we're talking about the way Minerva teleports her self, not how she teleports others.

Let me clear this up:

As you can see, this is where she teleports her self. She teleporterd very fast, since she was gone as fast as Kagura turned her head at her. I don't know where you get the idea from that she needs a lot time to cast a spell to teleport herself, because this is the evidence that she can teleport in a blink of an eye.
It's really hard to see it on panel. I can't explain it any better than this. But here is the anime episode. I think they portrayed it quite accurately.

Fairy Tail [English Dub]

Fairy Tail [English Sub]

Wasn't sure whether you watch Dub or Sub so I'll post both. Look at how Miliana appears. It doesn't really look like a teleport to me. Also notice how Minerva disappears too. She literally walked into her own magic and used it as a way to escape.

Uhm..

Pretty close.
Well if we look at the size of the explosion compared to the surroundings, God Serena's attack is at least 2 times larger.

Not only is the size of Orga's opponent larger than God Serena himself but the AoE itself is already much smaller. Also, we have to take into account that God Serena is in the front of the explosion in his panel while the Orga's opponent is behind the attack.

Again, it won't defeat the others, but it will do a lot damage to them. Don't forget the way how Orga and Bluenote were defeated. In that case, Yagdo Rigora must do major damage to them.
I guess we'll just wait for Minerva to heal and rejoin the battle because as of right now, I'm still not convinced that she wields much power.

She doesn't need to teleport others in a battle royale.

There is only one way to explain Territory, and that's space. Just like Ultear's magic is time, her magic is space. She can almost do everything with it.
Except Minerva's Territory Magic an only cover so much space at a given point in time. That is why I don't think she has that much of an advantage here. Even so, if we're going by the logic that Minerva can win by just teleporting herself or hiding, then what stops spatial magic users like Marin from doing the same? Or Lucy's Gemini if they can copy Marin? I mean would they be one of the finalists? I don't think it works that way.

Uhm, I don't see where it's stated that she couldn't use her Requip thanks to Marin? She just couldn't use it because she was trapped in Ajeel's sandstorm.
After Marin was stepped on, we saw Lucy regain her magic. At the same time, Erza gained hers as well so I think we have reason to believe that it was Marin's doing.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
It's really hard to see it on panel. I can't explain it any better than this. But here is the anime episode. I think they portrayed it quite accurately.

Fairy Tail [English Dub]

Fairy Tail [English Sub]

Wasn't sure whether you watch Dub or Sub so I'll post both. Look at how Miliana appears. It doesn't really look like a teleport to me. Also notice how Minerva disappears too. She literally walked into her own magic and used it as a way to escape.
First of all, that way of using her magic seems more like filler to me since it's in the anime and not in the manga. Second, even if she needed to teleport that way, it wouldn't stop her from doing it. She'll just switch places with the opponent that's far away from her so she'll have all the time. Anyway, it's literally shown in the manga that she can teleport in a blink of an eye.

Well if we look at the size of the explosion compared to the surroundings, God Serena's attack is at least 2 times larger.

Not only is the size of Orga's opponent larger than God Serena himself but the AoE itself is already much smaller. Also, we have to take into account that God Serena is in the front of the explosion in his panel while the Orga's opponent is behind the attack.
I wouldn't say 2 times larger, but I agree with you that God Serena's spells are a lot more powerful (since he uses multiple elements as well).

I guess we'll just wait for Minerva to heal and rejoin the battle because as of right now, I'm still not convinced that she wields much power.
I'd pray for that.

Except Minerva's Territory Magic an only cover so much space at a given point in time. That is why I don't think she has that much of an advantage here. Even so, if we're going by the logic that Minerva can win by just teleporting herself or hiding, then what stops spatial magic users like Marin from doing the same? Or Lucy's Gemini if they can copy Marin? I mean would they be one of the finalists? I don't think it works that way.
Marin would go through this battle royale with the same ease as Minerva. But just as I said before, it would be pointless if they'd hide themselves in an one-on-one battle because there wouldn't be an outcome. Minerva won't solo someone as God Serena or Di Maria.

After Marin was stepped on, we saw Lucy regain her magic. At the same time, Erza gained hers as well so I think we have reason to believe that it was Marin's doing.
But so there are reasons to believe it was the sand storm that blocked her Requip. Since it's never stated, it isn't sure.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Here is the result!
God Serena - 55 votes
DiMaria Yesta - 50 votes
Erza Scarlet - 49 votes
Gajeel Redfox - 32 votes

Makarov Dreyar - 28 votes
Minerva Orland - 14 votes
Bluenote Stinger - 4 votes
Orga Nanagear - 0 vote

Serena, DiMaria, Erza, and Gajeel advance to next round.

Status
Not open for further replies.