Group - Group B | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B

Which 4 advance?

• Bloodman

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • DiMaria Yesta

Votes: 63 82.9%
  • Gildarts

Votes: 67 88.2%
  • Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 53 69.7%
  • August

Votes: 74 97.4%
  • Midnight

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Minerva

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Neinhart

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
He knows DiMaria can't beat him and DiMaria knows that as well. August would kill the others first and then beat DiMaria bcs it's easier to kill a horde of defenseless people then DiMaria than defeat DiMaria then fight a horde of mages.
Easier? Possibly. Smarter? Not really.
Sneak attacks work on everyone, and while August wouldnt die from getting stabbed in the back, it'd certainly piss him off. Killing Dimaria first makes the most sense. Plus its not like Age Seal goes away when Dimaria dies. August could quite easily kill her, maintain Age Seal himself and then kill everyone else while they're immobilized by his Age Seal. Far easier to kill Dimaria first to remove the possibility of a backstab and then proceed to kill everyone else at his leisure.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If Gray gets trapped in Dimaria's Age Seal, then it's over for her. August has no other opponent to deal with except Dimaria.

And yeah, I just reread your post. Totally misunderstood... I get it now though. You were saying how you skipped over everyone's post and wondered whether anybody pointed out that E.N.D was partially transformed in that fight. In that case, I'll put less spoiler tags around my post.
If four will advance, then would we really need to argue for the sole winner? But then again....

And true, August would be the sole winner of this group. Dunno if Gildarts can break out of the time seal though... can he? If so, he'd come in second place.

Most people's*
And I have sour experience with tourneys. FT can take offense to this as well for its very questionable writing and logic, but yeah.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Easier? Possibly. Smarter? Not really.
Sneak attacks work on everyone, and while August wouldnt die from getting stabbed in the back, it'd certainly piss him off. Killing Dimaria first makes the most sense. Plus its not like Age Seal goes away when Dimaria dies. August could quite easily kill her, maintain Age Seal himself and then kill everyone else while they're immobilized by his Age Seal. Far easier to kill Dimaria first to remove the possibility of a backstab and then proceed to kill everyone else at his leisure.
True but he doesn't need to one on one her first bcs he knows she can't win in the first place. They would go for the easiest kill first which are the people suspended in time then try against each other. DiMaria can't kill August with a backstab either bcs he has Eric's magic he could just hear her thoughts.

**Silver**

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Finland
August stomps Dimaria even harder than End:yodawg:yodawg the outcome doesent really change even if this (the others vs August) August still wins Easy-difficulty...

August---->End

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Here are the four I think advance:

1. August.
What can I say? Great magic power, and instantaneous copy magic make him the strongest mage in the whole group. No way he isn't getting through in this group as there just isn't enough fire-power in the group that could be able to drop him imo even if they all teamed up against him.

2. DiMaria Yesta.
I think DiMaria would advance due to Age Seal and her God Soul. She's a force to be reckoned with in the group as I reckon she could freeze just about anyone in this group with Age Seal except for August and she could pick off people one by one however she chooses.

3. Gildarts Clive.
Gildarts will advance to the next round due to his attack power. I think he should be able to take hits and deal some mean damage back to most so I think he'd get through.

4. Bloodman.
Position 4 was between Gray and Bloodman for me. If it was a 1v1, Gray would win because of his Devil Slayer magic but this is a group battle and things can play out differently. Bloodman should be able to avoid most physical damage considering his body is made up of magic barrier particles so it comes down to who is able to counter that and deal damage. Also given he has the curses/magic of all 9 demon gates, I think he has enough versatility to slide in just above Gray.

(⌐■_■)

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
My pick:
Dimaria tha bae
August tha forgotten son
Gildarts tha epic moustache
Neinheart tha fail hard

Honorable Mention: Gray :yodawg

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Bloodman, August, Minerva, Dimaria. With no plot armor it's just no way Gray or Gildarts beats Bloodman/Dimaria. Gildarts fighting August was pretty good until the ending ruined it but even Gildarts didn't win, August killed himself. Minerva is more of a biased pic

sardinestunasalmon

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Bloodman, August, Minerva, Dimaria. With no plot armor it's just no way Gray or Gildarts beats Bloodman/Dimaria. Gildarts fighting August was pretty good until the ending ruined it but even Gildarts didn't win, August killed himself. Minerva is more of a biased pic
Why can't Gildarts beat Bloodman?

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
How will he touch him?

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Crash happens on an atomic level so he can hit Bloodman. In Ice Trail Gild crashed light and light is made up of photons which is a particle smaller than an atom.
Although I agree u with that gildartz>bloodman but that feat isn't canon

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Although I agree u with that gildartz>bloodman but that feat isn't canon
Ice trail is canon as the story was oversaw by Mashima himself and helped written by him. All the side stories are canon, and I think this was stated somewhere just can't remember.

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, to be fair, Gray beat a Spriggan like Invel in his base form while using mostly CQC. Those feats are pretty impressive compared to the other people here in Group B.

If Gray were to activate his DeS form (the same one he used against END), and used actual Demon Slaying spells, I find it hard to believe that he would not be able to beat Bloodman.

Intangibility is barely a factor here because Gray can freeze anti-magic barrier particles. And since Bloodman's body is entirely made out of them, freezing Bloodman in solid ice shouldn't be exactly troubling for Gray. Especially since his DeS ice would be effective against Bloodman.

As for Gildartz, he was compared to the likes of God Serena and August.

There is no doubt that he would be one of the contestants to move on, in this stage... I understand the current arc has totally trashed protagonists like Gildartz and Gray, but let's be fairly realistic.

Gildartz and Gray have earned their place and have shown more than enough feats to be capable of advancing from this group.

And Minerva obviously falls short, as she could not even defeat a historia Spriggan.

The 2 FT mages here are in the elite-tier and have already outclassed their respective opponents, both of which were Spriggans. There's no comparison between these characters, as far as I'm concerned.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well, to be fair, Gray beat a Spriggan like Invel in his base form while using mostly CQC. Those feats are pretty impressive compared to the other people here in Group B.

If Gray were to activate his DeS form (the same one he used against END), and used actual Demon Slaying spells, I find it hard to believe that he would not be able to beat Bloodman.

Intangibility is barely a factor here because Gray can freeze anti-magic barrier particles. And since Bloodman's body is entirely made out of them, freezing Bloodman in solid ice shouldn't be exactly troubling for Gray. Especially since his DeS ice would be effective against Bloodman.

As for Gildartz, he was compared to the likes of God Serena and August.

There is no doubt that he would be one of the contestants to move on, in this stage... I understand the current arc has totally trashed protagonists like Gildartz and Gray, but let's be fairly realistic.

Gildartz and Gray have earned their place and have shown more than enough feats to be capable of advancing from this group.

And Minerva obviously falls short, as she could not even defeat a historia Spriggan.

The 2 FT mages here are in the elite-tier and have already outclassed their respective opponents, both of which were Spriggans. There's no comparison between these characters, as far as I'm concerned.
I doubt Gray's Des Magic will work on Bloodman because Bloodman also possess the same magic and their magic's will cancel each other's or Bloodman may eat Gray's Des Magic.

But anyway it did not influence my opinion and i voted for Gray to pass.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
[mod=XXEliteXXAceXX]As scheduled, Group B is now closed for discussions. However, voting will still be open until tomorrow (May 3rd, 12:00PM GMT). Thank you for your participation![/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.