Group - Group B | Page 10 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group B

Which 4 advance?

• Bloodman

Votes: 21 27.6%
  • DiMaria Yesta

Votes: 63 82.9%
  • Gildarts

Votes: 67 88.2%
  • Gray Fullbuster

Votes: 53 69.7%
  • August

Votes: 74 97.4%
  • Midnight

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Minerva

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Neinhart

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
no its mean that wahl was defeated be4 dimaria during her TS in real time we saw the clicking her teeth at the same time laxus was fighting wahl. its 1 of 2 things its either age seal didnt affected them or its as a limited range
After Wahl's fight Dimaria still doesn't activate her TS, she was talking with girls in that moment.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
After Wahl's fight Dimaria still doesn't activate her TS, she was talking with girls in that moment.
She first clicked her teeth on the chapter of when Laxus and Wall were still fighting: http://m.mangatown.com/manga/fairy_tail/v38/c472/14.html which does show the AOE of her Age Seal only scale just the battlefield since they along with Erza and Kagura who were going to the town of Hargeon to fight Neinhart weren't frozen. But yeah Wall was defeated before Dimaria was

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
Wendy has improved no doubt. But Irene was affected/weaken look what happen to gildartz. That could be the possibility why Wendy could stop that attack. Wendy isn't sprrigan tier but she can block sprrigan level attack. (Manly becuase of bs) this could mean that weaken human Irene>= full power dimaria.

Well, Irene still had her spell canceled by Wendy even when she was not affected by Larcade's magic.

I wouldn't say Dimaria having her attack blocked by Wendy makes her pathetic.

Wendy is actually very underrated... for the quality and amount of feats that she produced in this arc compared to everybody else... she deserved a lot more credit than she was given.

I'm not overhyping Dimaria, as I actually do think she is one of the best Spriggans around.

Unfortunately, my ranking still stays the same from the beginning. But that doesn't matter because both Gray and Dimaria pass in my book. And it seems that's the case with most people here too.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think its a matter of her time magic, as much as her also being in the top 4 of this group. Would you say Bradman is stronger than Dimaria? His intangibility isn't exactly active like with Keyes, it's passive. Proven by Gajeel actually pinning him down to that tree in his first attack. What's to say Dimaria can't achieve the same with her laser beams in Chronos form? Or even Age Scratch? (Stretching a little with the Age Scratch, but I think even if you were to scale the contestants in this bracket, Dimaria would still be in the top 4)
Something like this:
1.August
2.Gildarts
3.Gray/Dimaria
4.Dimaria/Gray
5.Bradman
6.Neinhart
7.Minerva
8.Midnight.
If it were a one-on-one battle, then I can see Dimaria having a chance. But in a battle royale, Bloodman has so many more advantages. He has intangibility, AoE attacks that restrict movement, and MBP's that weaken his opponent. I personally don't see Dimaria keeping up especially with all the firepower going on in this group. The only thing she has going for her is durability (but that is in Chronos form). Aside from that, her base form is completely useless in this fight, her laser beams can be deflected by anyone who is TO Sherria level or higher, and her nukes are somewhat lackluster. In order for her to advance, Age Scratch must be able to put down August, Gildarts, Gray, or Bloodman which I don't see happening.

Also, I sincerely apologize if I sound harsh towards Dimaria. I have nothing against her. I just don't see her coming out among the Top 4. I also feel like most of these votes for Dimaria are due to the nature of her magic and not her power. Had her Age Seal been restricted (which it technically is by August), she would have gotten less votes.

Last edited:

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
If it were a one-on-one battle, then I can see Dimaria having a chance. But in a battle royale, Bloodman has so many more advantages. He has intangibility, AoE attacks that restrict movement, and MBP's that weaken his opponent.
But wouldn't intangibility be the only issue here? About Bradman's MBP's, they only take out the opponent if they aren't strong enough. Proof of that being all of SaberTooth and Blue Pegasus's mages surviving his initial onslaught, and living to remark about how they fought '3 Monsters', one of those being Bradman. While we had people like Bill immediately being killed by Bradman, or those mages in 466 where he first showed up. I don't think Bradman's MBP's would have any effect on another Spriggan level mage, which would be Dimaria here.
His best attacks (the Nine Demon Gates's Curses) were able to be tanked by someone of Levy's calibre. And in a sense they are only as strong as the initial wielders of the Curses, shown by his DeS Roar being matched by Base Gajeel's Roar. I can see them taking out someone like Neinhart (and maybe Minerva/Midnight, but they wouldn't be up to scale with a Spriggan level opponent).
The Second Seal is a good argument I agree, as an attack that restricts movement. I actually have to admit that's my favorite Seal in his arsenal, but as for the rest of his attacks, I don't see how they'd take out a Spriggan level mage (which would be everyone in this bracket bar Midnight and Minerva).

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
But wouldn't intangibility be the only issue here? About Bradman's MBP's, they only take out the opponent if they aren't strong enough. Proof of that being all of SaberTooth and Blue Pegasus's mages surviving his initial onslaught, and living to remark about how they fought '3 Monsters', one of those being Bradman. While we had people like Bill immediately being killed by Bradman, or those mages in 466 where he first showed up. I don't think Bradman's MBP's would have any effect on another Spriggan level mage, which would be Dimaria here.
His best attacks (the Nine Demon Gates's Curses) were able to be tanked by someone of Levy's calibre. And in a sense they are only as strong as the initial wielders of the Curses, shown by his DeS Roar being matched by Base Gajeel's Roar. I can see them taking out someone like Neinhart (and maybe Minerva/Midnight, but they wouldn't be up to scale with a Spriggan level opponent).
The Second Seal is a good argument I agree, as an attack that restricts movement. I actually have to admit that's my favorite Seal in his arsenal, but as for the rest of his attacks, I don't see how they'd take out a Spriggan level mage (which would be everyone in this bracket bar Midnight and Minerva).
True, you've got a point. I will admit that Bloodman doesn't really have any means of taking down Dimaria. And it goes both ways. Therefore, I think 4th place will be determined based on survival since this is a battle royale. I've also seen good arguments about Gray being the one to go after Bloodman, ultimately leading to his defeat. But the reason I'm not a fan of these kinds of speculation is because I can easily argue Gray would be the one fighting Neinhart due to Ur's historia. Basically, there are many ways this battle can play out. And after reading all the comments, I will accept Dimaria winning this. However, I'm still voting Bloodman because I still think he has a better chance of surviving. Plus, knowing Dimaria, she will most likely use Age Seal. So far in the manga, she's used it every single time.
  1. Against Kagura
  2. Against Sherria + Wendy
  3. Against Brandish
  4. Against Lucy
The probability here is almost 100%...

Last edited:

Nemispelled

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Bloodman could have had a chance of pulling through, but I find it hard to believe in this case with a Devil Slayer like Gray present.

Already, that puts him at a slight disadvantage, while Dimaria doesn't have any known disadvantages. Especially since Gray has his "Demon Eyes"... he could instantly figure out who is physiologically a demon.

And let's not forget Gray's tactical capabilities and intellect... There is a very good chance he'd go for Bloodman first.

In any case, I don't see Chronos Dimaria being drastically inferior to Bloodman.

And since there is a disadvantage in this Group, particularly for Bloodman, I'm fairly certain Dimaria will pass. Unfortunately, Bloodman was just placed in the wrong group.

So despite a sudden shift in opinion towards Bloodman, I still stand by original judgement of Dimaria advancing.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
its funny cuz she gets no diff by bluenote but able to stop one of dimaria if not strongest attack with her enhancement :derp hiro logic :cookiehand
Bluenote > Irene :derp

its that simple.

Bluenote is a very big tank.

he can endure a lot. show me a panel where his durability is trash or his attack :-_-

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Bloodman was defeated by regular punches from DF Gajeel. Whether you think E.N.D can match that is up to you.

Well, according to Rule #4, all characters are fighting to win (meaning they are bloodlusted). Basically, to sum up my previous post, I was comparing Gray and E.N.D to show that he could in fact beat Dimaria.

Also, sorry about your brain cells. Maybe I should put spoiler tags around my whole post to make it even shorter... Nah.
Oh, I see.

Not necessarily bloodlusted. Gray could be fighting to win and still lose to Invel, but in his bloodthirsty, angry mode he two or three-shotted Invel. I haven't seen any proof that he could beat DiMaria if he gets trapped in her time seal, but I hope I/we're proven wrong.

Also, I feel like you misunderstood what I was saying about braincells and reading through countless of posts.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, I see.

Not necessarily bloodlusted. Gray could be fighting to win and still lose to Invel, but in his bloodthirsty, angry mode he two or three-shotted Invel. I haven't seen any proof that he could beat DiMaria if he gets trapped in her time seal, but I hope I/we're proven wrong.

Also, I feel like you misunderstood what I was saying about braincells and reading through countless of posts.
If Gray gets trapped in Dimaria's Age Seal, then it's over for her. August has no other opponent to deal with except Dimaria.

And yeah, I just reread your post. Totally misunderstood... I get it now though. You were saying how you skipped over everyone's post and wondered whether anybody pointed out that E.N.D was partially transformed in that fight. In that case, I'll put less spoiler tags around my post.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
If Gray gets trapped in Dimaria's Age Seal, then it's over for her. August has no other opponent to deal with except Dimaria.

And yeah, I just reread your post. Totally misunderstood... I get it now though. You were saying how you skipped over everyone's post and wondered whether anybody pointed out that E.N.D was partially transformed in that fight. In that case, I'll put less spoiler tags around my post.
Or instead of facing each other, they both can just kill every single one of those who are frozen but since this tournament lets 4 go ahead, they can just kill 4 and leave 2 be.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Or instead of facing each other, they both can just kill every single one of those who are frozen but since this tournament lets 4 go ahead, they can just kill 4 and leave 2 be.
But would August really trust Dimaria.. i certainly wouldnt. The moment he moves to take someone out Dimaria would probably stab him through the heart Brandish style, she's the only contestant here actually capable of hurting August(got a sword) would make more sense to take her out before anyone else. Plus im pretty sure the contestants are fighting to win, not to make the top 4.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
But that would be an unlikely scenario. The rules of this tournament state that everyone here is bloodlusted (meaning there are no teammates). If Dimaria and August were the only ones who could move, then they should be an immediate threat to one another. By working together and going on a rampage against everyone else, that would violate the rules and skew the results (since August + Dimaria is literally an unstoppable force).

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Due to Wall's nature of his Weakness Magic, he shouldn't be affected by her Age Seal which with his magic he can counter against it?
Wall couldn't even figure out what Red Lightning was... Don't see him countering time manipulation lol.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
But would August really trust Dimaria.. i certainly wouldnt. The moment he moves to take someone out Dimaria would probably stab him through the heart Brandish style, she's the only contestant here actually capable of hurting August(got a sword) would make more sense to take her out before anyone else. Plus im pretty sure the contestants are fighting to win, not to make the top 4.
He knows DiMaria can't beat him and DiMaria knows that as well. August would kill the others first and then beat DiMaria bcs it's easier to kill a horde of defenseless people then DiMaria than defeat DiMaria then fight a horde of mages.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Guys I reread the chapter dimaria is pathetic. Base Wendy was able to stop a full power attack from chronos dimaria with her enchantment :yodawg:yodawg
Wendy upped Sherria's defense and the enchantment still broke and Sherria almost died how is that weak? Wendy's enchantment gave Erza a huge boost in the Irene fight and saved Erza from dieing by Irene. She even countered a move by Irene via enchantment.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
The moment he moves to take someone out Dimaria would probably stab him through the heart Brandish style, she's the only contestant here actually capable of hurting August(got a sword)
@XXEliteXXAceXX ^This point.
Can't Dimaria use the sword to decapitate Bradman? Use Age Seal on him, then in frozen time she can just move to kill him like she was planning with Wendy and Sherria.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
@XXEliteXXAceXX ^This point.
Can't Dimaria use the sword to decapitate Bradman? Use Age Seal on him, then in frozen time she can just move to kill him like she was planning with Wendy and Sherria.
In theory, that would only work if her sword contained properties of magic barrier particles (like Gajeel when he defeated Bloodman). Otherwise, it should go right through him. The only way I can see Dimaria beating Bloodman herself is if she can stop time while using Chronos form. And if she uses her strongest nuke, she can obliterate his body.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
But that would be an unlikely scenario. The rules of this tournament state that everyone here is bloodlusted (meaning there are no teammates). If Dimaria and August were the only ones who could move, then they should be an immediate threat to one another. By working together and going on a rampage against everyone else, that would violate the rules and skew the results (since August + Dimaria is literally an unstoppable force).
I wanna throw somwthjng out for you to respond to.
Age seal takes up a huge amount of magic, one would assume, correct? Di Maria knows this and the most efficient way of dealing with this problem is to take out those affected by Age Seal so that she doesnt have to worry about sustaining it against August, since she knows it wont work on him.

This seems very logical and doesnt skew the rules at all.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wanna throw somwthjng out for you to respond to.
Age seal takes up a huge amount of magic, one would assume, correct? Di Maria knows this and the most efficient way of dealing with this problem is to take out those affected by Age Seal so that she doesnt have to worry about sustaining it against August, since she knows it wont work on him.

This seems very logical and doesnt skew the rules at all.
This indeed seems like a good strategy for Dimaria. But what would August be doing the whole time? Naturally, he would consider Dimaria a threat in this situation. Remember, he isn't invincible. Brandish's sword went right through him, so Dimaria should be able to perform the same feat. The only way I can see both of them getting out alive is if they trusted each other, meaning teamwork is involved. One has to fall. And it should be Dimaria.

An alternative scenario would be Dimaria not using Age Seal at all. Then she wouldn't have to fight August. But what is the chance of that happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.