Group - Group C Battle Royale | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C Battle Royale

Which 4 Characters advance to the next round?

• Ajeel Ramal

Votes: 46 76.7%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Juvia Lockser

Votes: 6 10.0%
  • Kagura Mikazuchi

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 56 93.3%
  • Lucy Heartfilia

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Mard Geer Tartarus

Votes: 50 83.3%
  • Mirajane Strauss

Votes: 26 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizen

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Everybody has his own opinion. I don't really mind if you disagree, but to me it seems pretty obvious that Juvia should be the worst nightmare from Ajeel.

When is it stated that Ajeel is as strong as God Serena? Imo God Serena is a lot stronger.

Fair enough. I agree with you that Ajeel could take Juvia down with his Sands of Death. I'm not withdrawing my statement, I still think Juvia will have a chance to defeat Ajeel when she has the oppurtunity to hit him. Since this is a battle royale, Juvia could attack him from behind, since Ajeel has to focus on six other opponents. In a one-on-one battle, it would be different. Well, everybody has his own opinion. Even if Ajeel would defeat Juvia, I still wouldn't vote form him since I rank Laxus, Mira, Mard Geer and the Celestial Spirit King above him.
Hyberion mentioned it at the beginning of the Alverez arc, it went like this: "Yes...The greatest wizard in Ishgal,and he's now with... eleven others of equal stature!!!". Now this by no means guarantees that Ajeel is as strong as God Serena, but i think it's fair to say that is what Mashima is portraying here. By all means man have your opinion, i respect that. I was just trying to understand it better, and debate what i disagreed with.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think the top 4 is pretty straight forward here, but here's how I've voted.

First one I put through was Laxus. He's a Dragon Slayer, a powerhouse and he's got a feat of having August have to use his Barrier magic to protect Ajeel from a potential one-shot. Thats impressive no matter how you slice it, and given his other feats, Laxus going through is a no-brainer.

Second person I've put through is Ajeel. He's a Spriggan, and from what he's shown he would've beaten Erza if not for CiS/PiS. Thats pretty impressive imo, and with AOE in Sand World, he can really turn things in his favour in this battle royale.

Third person I'm putting through is Jura. He's got the best feats from a current member of the Wizard Saints to date, and he was shown to really be able to push Laxus in the GMG. Whether that remains to be the case is down to speculation, but he's definitely one of the strongest mages we've got in the group.

Last person I'm putting through is Kagura. She's an impressive swordswoman who's got great physical strength, endurance etc., showing she could kick Erza a fair few metres back in the GMG. And with Gravity Change as her ace in the hole which would render most people defenseless, she could take out a few mages just with that, so she would go through imo.

As for how I'd rank the rest of them, it goes Mard Geer, Mira, Juvia and last but not least Lucy.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India

First one I put through was Laxus. He's a Dragon Slayer, a powerhouse and he's got a feat of having August have to use his Barrier magic to protect Ajeel from a potential one-shot. Thats impressive no matter how you slice it, and given his other feats, Laxus going through is a no-brainer.

Second person I've put through is Ajeel. He's a Spriggan, and from what he's shown he would've beaten Erza if not for CiS/PiS. Thats pretty impressive imo, and with AOE in Sand World, he can really turn things in his favour in this battle royale.

Third person I'm putting through is Jura. He's got the best feats from a current member of the Wizard Saints to date, and he was shown to really be able to push Laxus in the GMG. Whether that remains to be the case is down to speculation, but he's definitely one of the strongest mages we've got in the group.

Last person I'm putting through is Kagura. She's an impressive swordswoman who's got great physical strength, endurance etc., showing she could kick Erza a fair few metres back in the GMG. And with Gravity Change as her ace in the hole which would render most people defenseless, she could take out a few mages just with that, so she would go through imo.

As for how I'd rank the rest of them, it goes Mard Geer, Mira, Juvia and last but not least Lucy.
Wait why Lucy last? She has CsK.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Wait why Lucy last? She has CsK.
Eh, I guess CSK could put her at 7th, but that aside she hasn't really got that much going for her even with the Stardress. Its not like she can use three spirits forever, she'd get tired out somewhat fast still, and if she tried any CQC she'd lose to literally everyone else on the list. CSK is really the only thing that keeps Lucy in this fight imo.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I didn't include CSK for Lucy because I didn't want her to break a key just for a battle like this. But if she could summon him in another way she'd make the cut with CSK. I'll think it over but for now I'll keep my 4 as is.

~Charging Lightning~

Reaction score
Country
United States
And what happens when Ajeel is hardened. Well, we could say he is paralyzed. He won't have a chance to fight any further then.
Ajeel's SAND gets hardened, not he himself. Ajeel would have to be completely made out of sand for him to actually harden when being hit by water. Just because Ajeel uses sand doesn't mean that his body works just like it.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
For Group C Battle Royale, the order in which I think the 4 characters that will advance to the next round are...

Laxus Dreyar
  • Fairy Tail's S-Class Mage (One of the Strongest Guild Members)
  • Overwhelmed Wahl (Spriggan Tier)
  • Defeated Pre-Timeskip Hades (Exceptional Feat)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Lightning Magic like Lightning Dragon's Roar, Lightning Dragon's Iron Fist, and Raging Bolt (Powerful Spells)
Ajeel Ramal
  • Spriggan 12 Member (Mid-Tier Spriggan)
  • Overwhelmed Erza Scarlet (Fight resulted in a Tie)
  • Caused Team Natsu to Escape (Survived a Frontal Assault)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Sand Magic like Sands of Death, Sand World, and Sand Body (Powerful Spells)
Mirajane Strauss [Tied]
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Versatility, Endurance, Stamina, Intelligence, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Takeover Magic like Satan Soul: Sitri, Satan Soul: Mirajane Seilah, and Satan Soul: Halphas (Powerful Spells)
  • Hype (No Appearance in Current Arc)
Kagura Mikazuchi [Tied]
  • Mermaid Heel's Top Mage (One of the Strongest Guild Members)
  • Overwhelmed Dimaria (Spriggan Tier)
  • Outclassed Wahl (Exceptional Feat)
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Endurance, Stamina, Intelligence, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Gravity Magic with Mastered Swordsmanship like Archenemy (Powerful Spells)

Asorx

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Lucy Heartfilia - She is smart. She can hide in ground with virgo star dress and wait for end battle or atack in good moment and kill. (Maybe in Cancer Star Dress)
Ajeel Ramal - He is very strong but stupid. He can do Sand World and all expect Lucy and Juvia(She can turn into water) can lost vs this.
Laxus Dreyar - I dont need to comment. xdd
Mard Geer - He is very smart and good tactic.
Kagura - I love her but vs Ajeel she cant do nothing. Only Gravity Magic but with this she can't kill him.
random order

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Ajeel's SAND gets hardened, not he himself. Ajeel would have to be completely made out of sand for him to actually harden when being hit by water. Just because Ajeel uses sand doesn't mean that his body works just like it.
So you think Ajeel won't get major damage from Juvia's attack while he did get major damage when he was hit by Erza's small water blade? Ajeel will scream in pain once Juvia attacks him. It's pretty logic.

For Group C Battle Royale, the order in which I think the 4 characters that will advance to the next round are...

Laxus Dreyar
  • Lightning Magic like Lightning Dragon's Roar, Lightning Dragon's Iron Fist, and Raging Bolt (Powerful Spells)
Ajeel Ramal
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Endurance, Stamina, and MP (Proficient Stats)
Mirajane Strauss [Tied]
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Versatility, Endurance, Stamina, Intelligence, and MP (Proficient Stats)
  • Takeover Magic like Satan Soul: Sitri, Satan Soul: Mirajane Seilah, and Satan Soul: Halphas (Powerful Spells)
Kagura Mikazuchi [Tied]
  • Excels in Attack, Defense, Speed, Endurance, Stamina, Intelligence, and MP (Proficient Stats)
I wonder why you didn't include Mard Geer. Since he has Memento Mori, he'll win this round with ease.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
  1. Laxus (Obvious)
  2. Mira (Bout to fight an S12, has training hype, and has Macro)
  3. Ajeel (Obvious)
  4. Lucy(CSK and Marin Gemini puts her in my top 4)
  5. Mard Geer
  6. Jura
  7. Juvia
  8. Kagura
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Laxus Dreyar
Ajeel Ramal
Mirajane Strauss [Tied]
Kagura Mikazuchi [Tied]
Kagura never overwhelmed Dimaria and she never outclassed Wahl. She was shaking in fear by just an S12 presence alone and would've been slaughtered by either one of them if they felt like it.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder why you didn't include Mard Geer. Since he has Memento Mori, he'll win this round with ease.
The power of Momento Mori was all hype and never shown, so that is why I don't consider Mard Geer to be that strong compared to the characters I mentioned. We've already seen Mard Geer lie with his words so the fact that he says it was designed to kill Zeref doesn't mean anything. Besides, Mard Geer was defeated by pre-timeskip Natsu and Gray. I have no evidence to assume he can beat any of the Spriggans or Ishgar's strongest mages.

Kagura never overwhelmed Dimaria and she never outclassed Wahl. She was shaking in fear by just an S12 presence alone and would've been slaughtered by either one of them if they felt like it.
Kagura has the feats to overwhelm Dimaria. She literally fought evenly despite being on the disadvantage due to a surprise attack. Also, when I say she outclasses Wahl, I'm talking about speed. The fact that Kagura sensed a strong power from Dimaria doesn't mean she was shaking in fear. Plus, there is no evidence that they would have slaughtered her.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I should make myself clear.

As you can see, Erza used a water sword against Ajeel during their fight.

Erza only had to use a small water sword to do major damage to him. There was only needed a small amount of water to slice him.

Now imagine what would happen if Juvia used this attack against Ajeel.

To me it seems pretty obvious that Ajeel will die as soon as he is hit by Water Nebula.

And if Ajeel has time to use Sand World before Juvia attacks him, she could use her strongest attack to make an open field in Sand World.

Just like Erza could with her small water blade.
Those are not the same thing. Juvia does have attacks on the level of Erza. It's not like having water automatically means Ajeel gets hurt. It simply bypasses his sand intangibility and when it does, it has to get past Ajeel's durability itself. First time, Ajeel deflected Jupiter. The next time he got hit by the Jupiter, it didn't even KO him. Erza had to attack again. He took Natsu's punch in Alvarez with little damage. Erza didn't do 'major damage with small water'. The water only served to bypass his intangibility and then her sword cut him. It's still a sword. Water nebula wouldn't even faze Ajeel even if he took that head on.

About Juvia opening a path in sand world, that's seriously overestimating Juvia. Firstly, Erza used Wind god's sword to blow away some sand. When Ajeel used Sand world, she was practically helpless. Zero visibility and no way to dispel the sand. You can't just say 'Juvia's strongest attack' as though that means anything if Ajeel uses Sand world.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
The power of Momento Mori was all hype and never shown, so that is why I don't consider Mard Geer to be that strong compared to the characters I mentioned. We've already seen Mard Geer lie with his words so the fact that he says it was designed to kill Zeref doesn't mean anything. Besides, Mard Geer was defeated by pre-timeskip Natsu and Gray. I have no evidence to assume he can beat any of the Spriggans or Ishgar's strongest mages.

Kagura has the feats to overwhelm Dimaria. She literally fought evenly despite being on the disadvantage due to a surprise attack. Also, when I say she outclasses Wahl, I'm talking about speed. The fact that Kagura sensed a strong power from Dimaria doesn't mean she was shaking in fear. Plus, there is no evidence that they would have slaughtered her.
Hitting Wahl's fodder rockets is far from outclassing. And the skirmish with Dimaria, Kagura was actually pushed back and Mari wasn't even trying. Kagura even said she found Dimaria's magic alone so overwhelmingly that she couldn't even hear the outside battle. They're is enough evidence to easily say she gets slaughtered by any S12 tier opponent. Kagura hasn't even surpassed Jura tier so yeah, she'd get murked going against an S12 tier.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hitting Wahl's fodder rockets is far from outclassing. And the skirmish with Dimaria, Kagura was actually pushed back and Mari wasn't even trying. Kagura even said she found Dimaria's magic alone so overwhelmingly that she couldn't even hear the outside battle. They're is enough evidence to easily say she gets slaughtered by any S12 tier opponent. Kagura hasn't even surpassed Jura tier so yeah, she'd get murked going against an S12 tier.
Well, you have your opinions, but I still stand by mine. First of all, Wahl's rockets aren't even close to fodder level. It was meant to annihilate most of Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel. It even killed a side character. You have to also take into account that Kagura sliced 5+ rockets within a few seconds time frame. Not just one. Notice how those rockets did even more damage than some of the attacks he used against Laxus. Second of all, Dimaria was clearly surprised by Kagura's skills when Kagura managed to block her attack. She even states it and then proceeded to use her Time Magic, knowing that she wouldn't be able to defeat Kagura without it. I honestly believe you are really underrating Kagura especially when you place Juvia above her. If anything, Kagura is easily on Erza's and Mirajane's level. Maybe just a little lower but the difference is almost negligible.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Hype? Why hype? The only reason how Natsu and Gray survived Memento Mori was because Gray demonized his body. In other words, it failed to destroy a demon. If Gray wasn't there it would've worked. In this battle royale the only one who could survive Memento Mori is Mirajane thanks to her Satan Soul.

Those are not the same thing. Juvia does have attacks on the level of Erza. It's not like having water automatically means Ajeel gets hurt. It simply bypasses his sand intangibility and when it does, it has to get past Ajeel's durability itself. First time, Ajeel deflected Jupiter. The next time he got hit by the Jupiter, it didn't even KO him. Erza had to attack again. He took Natsu's punch in Alvarez with little damage. Erza didn't do 'major damage with small water'. The water only served to bypass his intangibility and then her sword cut him. It's still a sword. Water nebula wouldn't even faze Ajeel even if he took that head on.

About Juvia opening a path in sand world, that's seriously overestimating Juvia. Firstly, Erza used Wind god's sword to blow away some sand. When Ajeel used Sand world, she was practically helpless. Zero visibility and no way to dispel the sand. You can't just say 'Juvia's strongest attack' as though that means anything if Ajeel uses Sand world.
You can't deny that her water sword didn't do major damage to Ajeel..

If Ajeel will be spammed by water, it's over with him.

Jupiter isn't super effective against him, water is. Facts.

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, you have your opinions, but I still stand by mine. First of all, Wahl's rockets aren't even close to fodder level. It was meant to annihilate most of Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel. It even killed a side character. You have to also take into account that Kagura sliced 5+ rockets within a few seconds time frame. Not just one. Notice how those rockets did even more damage than some of the attacks he used against Laxus. Second of all, Dimaria was clearly surprised by Kagura's skills when Kagura managed to block her attack. She even states it and then proceeded to use her Time Magic, knowing that she wouldn't be able to defeat Kagura without it. I honestly believe you are really underrating Kagura especially when you place Juvia above her. If anything, Kagura is easily on Erza's and Mirajane's level. Maybe just a little lower but the difference is almost negligible.
I call them fodder rockets bcs they were meant to clean up fodder. He didn't even put a thought into creating them. The rockets he use against Laxus were different and they were a named attack. Dimaria never stated or acted like she couldn't beat her without timestop(she was very chilled while Kagura was frozen by Mari's overwhelming magic)... as shown with her battle against DF Wendy and Sherria she could easily rekt Kagura in stats. Also her Time Magic is her magic she can easily access it and she likes to play around with people when she uses it so why would that be a indicater that she's even remotely serious? Mard Geer's are vines are what Dimaria Timestop is to her. She wasn't surprised at all she said "Not bad". Kagura is nowhere near Mira/Erza level she got defeated by a pre-1st-timeskip Erza which puts her at only high Seven Kin tier in the GMG. Juvia beat a 9D and 9D tier surpasses Seven Kin tier. There has been no indication Kagura has gotten significantly stronger and she was going to get one shotted by Neinhart if Jellal didn't save her.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
You can't deny that her water sword didn't do major damage to Ajeel..

If Ajeel will be spammed by water, it's over with him.

Jupiter isn't super effective against him, water is. Facts.
You're ignoring the fact that the water only served to allow Erza's attack through Ajeel's sand. She was using a sword and we know how powerful she is and her MP, hence why she did damage.

Also, Ajeel is much faster and agile than Juvia. Erza was barely keeping up with him and the first time she managed to land a hit that connected, it was because he got distracted. Juvia wouldn't even get the chance to hit Ajeel and even if she did, she wouldn't do much damage. Even after Erza's initial attacks and a head on hit by Jupiter, Ajeel still didn't go down.

Kagura sliced the rockets before they exploded. That doesn't say much except that she's quite fast. There was no single instance where Kagura actually blocked a rocket after it went off. As for Kagura blocking Dimaria, again, it's a reference to speed not strength for the most part. Kagura is fast and has good reaction/reflexes but that doesn't equate to being stronger than some.

Also, Dimaria didn't use time magic because she knew she couldn't win without it. She used time magic because she simpy has the ability and then she has a thing for embarrassing people apparently. Notice that she didn't lay a single cut on Kagura when she could've literally beheaded her. She just shredded her clothes and left her half naked. When Dimaria fought Cherria, she did the same thing. She stopped time again when Wendy came in later but even when Ultear came and unfroze their time, we saw that Dimaria was more than capable of handling both Cherria and Wendy and would've annihilated both of them if not for TO and god slayer magic advantage. Kagura was practically overwhelmed by just Dimaria's presence and the latter wasn't even trying. Kagura isn't even close to Erza or Mira. Erza defeated Kagura and Minerva both at GMG (and Kagura used archenemy). Also, Erza held her own against a spriggan and only needed a little help to defeat him even though he had a troublesome ability. That's something Kagura was never able to do.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
You're ignoring the fact that the water only served to allow Erza's attack through Ajeel's sand. She was using a sword and we know how powerful she is and her MP, hence why she did damage.

Also, Ajeel is much faster and agile than Juvia. Erza was barely keeping up with him and the first time she managed to land a hit that connected, it was because he got distracted. Juvia wouldn't even get the chance to hit Ajeel and even if she did, she wouldn't do much damage. Even after Erza's initial attacks and a head on hit by Jupiter, Ajeel still didn't go down.
Yes, her water sword allowed her to damage Ajeel. Isn't it obvious that Juvia will do major damage against him if she uses water. You can't deny it.

Juvia could have a chance to attack Ajeel. This is a battle royale, so she'll just need to use a spell against him once he is paying attention to someone else. Juvia could use her water body to stay alive during the first view minutes.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
If Mirajane shows feats to be on par with a Spriggan, then maybe I'll replace Mard Geer with her :).

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hype? Why hype? The only reason how Natsu and Gray survived Memento Mori was because Gray demonized his body. In other words, it failed to destroy a demon. If Gray wasn't there it would've worked. In this battle royale the only one who could survive Memento Mori is Mirajane thanks to her Satan Soul.

I'm not saying the attack is hype... We've already seen it so it is a feat. I'm saying the power of it is unknown; therefore, anything that we say about it would just be hype. It could have killed Natsu and Gray or it might have not even been able to kill Sting and Rogue. My point here is that we don't know just how effective it really was. Knowing that Mard Geer was capable of lying, this situation is very similar to Zeref telling Natsu that if he dies, then Natsu dies. We simply don't know.

I call them fodder rockets bcs they were meant to clean up fodder. He didn't even put a thought into creating them. The rockets he use against Laxus were different and they were a named attack. Dimaria never stated or acted like she couldn't beat her without timestop(she was very chilled while Kagura was frozen by Mari's overwhelming magic)... as shown with her battle against DF Wendy and Sherria she could easily rekt Kagura in stats. Also her Time Magic is her magic she can easily access it and she likes to play around with people when she uses it so why would that be a indicater that she's even remotely serious? Mard Geer's are vines are what Dimaria Timestop is to her. She wasn't surprised at all she said "Not bad". Kagura is nowhere near Mira/Erza level she got defeated by a pre-1st-timeskip Erza which puts her at only high Seven Kin tier in the GMG. Juvia beat a 9D and 9D tier surpasses Seven Kin tier. There has been no indication Kagura has gotten significantly stronger and she was going to get one shotted by Neinhart if Jellal didn't save her.
That doesn't make any sense at all. So attacks that are meant to take out fodders are weak? I've already explained to many other users that named attack or not, it tells us nothing of its power. By that logic, Natsu's unnamed attack against Alvarez fodders should be weaker than Lucy's Starshot...

Seriously? Anyways, just look at the destructive capacity of Wahl's rockets.

Definitely shouldn't be taken so lightly.

If you read my post carefully, I said Dimaria stated that Kagura's skills are not that bad. For a Spriggan to acknowledge that, it meant that they knew they couldn't go easy, especially since they all had the idea that Ishgar mages were fodders. Either way, Kagura was clearly a match for Dimaria. You may think otherwise, but it was shown and facts are facts. Without Time Magic, Dimaria would not have made Kagura escape. It's that simple.

I don't understand how you can say that there is no indication that Kagura is on Erza's level. Sure, we didn't see her train but she has feats to prove that she is Spriggan Tier (same level as Erza). We've seen nothing from Juvia and you can say she is higher than Kagura because she must have improved? This is just plain bias.

Kagura sliced the rockets before they exploded. That doesn't say much except that she's quite fast. There was no single instance where Kagura actually blocked a rocket after it went off. As for Kagura blocking Dimaria, again, it's a reference to speed not strength for the most part. Kagura is fast and has good reaction/reflexes but that doesn't equate to being stronger than some.
I never said Kagura was stronger than Wahl or Dimaria. I clearly stated that Kagura outclassed Wahl in speed and overwhelmed Dimaria in skills. Anyways, all my post says is that Kagura is relatively on par with those Mid-Tier Spriggans which is backed by feats. Plain and simple. As for strength, we have no reason to believe Kagura isn't on the level of someone like Erza. Besides, the fact that Kagura blocked Dimaria's attack means that they have similar strength. Just like when Erza and Kagura clashed swords in GMG. Their powers were quite similar. Had Kagura lost her grip and Dimaria flung her sword to the ground, then I would agree that Dimaria has greater strength. It has been shown and hinted many times. Meanwhile, Erza is capable of overwhelming Spriggans.

Also, Dimaria didn't use time magic because she knew she couldn't win without it. She used time magic because she simpy has the ability and then she has a thing for embarrassing people apparently. Notice that she didn't lay a single cut on Kagura when she could've literally beheaded her. She just shredded her clothes and left her half naked. When Dimaria fought Cherria, she did the same thing. She stopped time again when Wendy came in later but even when Ultear came and unfroze their time, we saw that Dimaria was more than capable of handling both Cherria and Wendy and would've annihilated both of them if not for TO and god slayer magic advantage. Kagura was practically overwhelmed by just Dimaria's presence and the latter wasn't even trying. Kagura isn't even close to Erza or Mira. Erza defeated Kagura and Minerva both at GMG (and Kagura used archenemy). Also, Erza held her own against a spriggan and only needed a little help to defeat him even though he had a troublesome ability. That's something Kagura was never able to do.
Except that Dimaria never commented on Wendy and Chelia's abilities. They were clearly fodders to her. On the other hand, Dimaria was actually surprised by Kagura. They were quite even in that battle. As for Kagura being overwhelmed, it was more like a shock as to how much MP the Spriggans possessed. Nothing there indicates Kagura losing her edge, let alone losing the battle. The only reason Erza beat both Kagura and Minerva was because of PoF. Plus, we don't know the outcome of the battle because the falling rock that was going to land on Kagura ended the fight rather quickly. Even so, Erza won that fight, so that Fairy Tail would win the game. Not to mention, Erza's power wasn't depicted accurately during the GMG because it fluctuated a lot.

This is where I don't understand what you mean. Kagura was never shown to hold her own against a Spriggan because she never had the chance. Each time, there was some intervention. Whether she was embarrassed about her clothes disappearing or Jellal pushing her away. She never had the chance to prove herself. From the way Erza talked to Kagura, it seemed like they were pretty much equals. I have reason to believe that Kagura can also beat a Spriggan with some assistance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.