Group - Group C Battle Royale | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C Battle Royale

Group C: Pick your top 4!

• Acnologia (Human Form)

Votes: 28 96.6%
  • Dogramag (Human Form)

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Erza Scarlet

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Kirin

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Larcade

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Madmole

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Sting Eucliffe

Votes: 3 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Voting Rules:
  • The group stage is a battle royale. The four fighters with the most votes in one group will advance.
  • You may vote for up to four (4) characters in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Discussion and voting will end on: August 7th

Character List, Info, and Limitations:
CharactersInfo and Limitations
Acnologia (Human Form)In human form
Dogramag (Human Form)In human form
Erza Scarlet
Jellal Fernandes
KirinHas Elexion's soul
Larcade
Madmole
Sting EucliffeCan use White-Shadow Dragon Mode at will

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Acno, Dogramag, Erza and Jellal for me.

Kirin is a strong contender, and if his atmospheric magic was developped I'd probably pick him over Jellal but it seems it was retconned to plain Lightning magic, or that it was just too weak to keep up with a serious Laxus caliber fighter (which Erza and Jellal both are)

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Top 3 are quite clear cut.
Acnologia (human) > Dogramag (human) >> Kirin > the rest.

Why Kirin > rest?
Because, for him to be defeated, Laxus needed a buff AND Kirin needed a nerf. The dude was pretty strong, one of two BDSK worth anything (the other being Suzaku)

Bit of a hard choice between Jellal and Erza. Both are in same tier, with Jellal maybe having a slight portrayal advantage due to him being portrayed as Laxus' equal (using portrayal here since Jellal has no feats allowing comparison at all, in the spinoff).
Ultimately, I end up choosing Jellal due to his versatility. Plus, he can fly around to not get stomped by Acno straight up.

So, my picks:
1. Acno (human)
2. Dogramag (human)
3. Kirin
4. Jellal

Tirl

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Top 3 are quite clear cut.
This is not about who is stronger. This is a battle royale.
Sting can survive by going into shadow. Larcade can floor everyone here below two dragons.
And what nerf did Kirin have?

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
This is not about who is stronger. This is a battle royale.
Sting can survive by going into shadow. Larcade can floor everyone here below two dragons.
And what nerf did Kirin have?
I know this is a battle royal, which was why I gave the last spot to Jellal.

I forgot about Sting's shadow mode, you're right, he cheese around this and outlast.
Larcade might be able to floor everyone except for the two dragons, but one of the dragons then one shot him for being an annoyance.

Kirin lost Elexion's soul and got nerfed in the process.

My new list:
1. Acno
2. Sting (hides and stalls)
3. Dogramag

4th position is a bit hard. Jellal can fly around at high speed and stall. But Kirin is outright stronger than him too, by a significant margin.
Depends on who Acno decides to take out. Probably Kirin cause he is a bigger threat due to being a DS and outright stronger.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Acno, Dogramag, Erza and Jellal for me.

Kirin is a strong contender, and if his atmospheric magic was developped I'd probably pick him over Jellal but it seems it was retconned to plain Lightning magic, or that it was just too weak to keep up with a serious Laxus caliber fighter (which Erza and Jellal both are)
Kirin was stronger than Laxus, he pretty much dominated the fight until Laxus got a buff while nerfing Kirin at the same time.

Yeah, the atmosphere magic retcon into lighting magic was WTF lmao (lets be real, it was a retcon)

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Acnologia and Dogramag are both out of the competition here. They are above all humans.

Then I can see Erza with her tremendeous stamina.

I was about to think about Larcade who can floor nearly everyone (humans) if he is not previously defeated by the strongest or Sting his nemesis). Due to stamina, I think Larcade should not last long. I think Kirin can last longer as he is a Laxus's clone.

Jellal is a good contender but he lacks of feats to see currently how strong he is. I can't see him Erza and Laxus's current (Diabolos) tier.

Aconologia, Dogramag, Erza and Kirin for me, with a special mention for Larcade's abilities.

Last edited:

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Honestly, I can see Larcade being taken out first. He is highly arrogant, I can see him trying to hax Acno and get the Serena treatment for his efforts.

Serious Acnologia could likely one-shot and gut anyone here (excluding Dogramag)

Dogramag is vastly above anyone not named Acnologia nor does anyone not named Acnologia have anything to meaningfully harm him.

I can see Sting (assuming he can fully control his new magic) hiding and biding his time, avoiding everyone if possible, if he does that he may be able to last long enough to make it to the top four. This is a battle royal, he has things in his arsenal to allow him to last if he hides and doesn't engage with anyone stronger than him.

Kirin, assuming he doesn't try to take on Acnologia and Dogramag and assuming the two Dragons focus on each other should be able to make it, he's one of the strongest here.

The thing with Jellal is he is highly fast, clever, and has very versatile magic with destructive AoE attacks.

Thinking of it now, I'm torn between Kirin and Jellal.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Like you say, it's Battle Royal and sure Sting can hide but in that so, Acnologia should focus only on Dragon Slayers and Dragons here.

Acnologia should one shot Kirin, Mardmole and Sting the time he goes in front of Dogramag.

Erza should last all another competitors due to her tremendeous stamina, while Jellal should try to resist Larcade's abilities, the time Acno destroys Dogramag.

In that so I should say : Acnologia, Erza, Jellal and Larcade should stand as the four. But I want the four strongest to compete, so : Acnologia, Dogramag, Erza and Kirin for me.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Honestly, I can see Larcade being taken out first. He is highly arrogant, I can see him trying to hax Acno and get the Serena treatment for his efforts.

Serious Acnologia could likely one-shot and gut anyone here (excluding Dogramag)

Dogramag is vastly above anyone not named Acnologia nor does anyone not named Acnologia have anything to meaningfully harm him.

I can see Sting (assuming he can fully control his new magic) hiding and biding his time, avoiding everyone if possible, if he does that he may be able to last long enough to make it to the top four. This is a battle royal, he has things in his arsenal to allow him to last if he hides and doesn't engage with anyone stronger than him.

Kirin, assuming he doesn't try to take on Acnologia and Dogramag and assuming the two Dragons focus on each other should be able to make it, he's one of the strongest here.

The thing with Jellal is he is highly fast, clever, and has very versatile magic with destructive AoE attacks.

Thinking of it now, I'm torn between Kirin and Jellal.
Yep, exact same for me.

Acno, Dogra and Sting are easy picks.

Picking between Kirin and Jellal is the real debate here

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Picking between Kirin and Jellal is the real debate here
I think Kirin is stronger, but Jellal's magic would be far more useful in this setting. He has heavy AoE, he is extremely fast and clever with variety. Sema by itself is a game changer if he can cast it assuming he's still Laxus tier.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I think Kirin is stronger, but Jellal's magic would be far more useful in this setting. He has heavy AoE, he is extremely fast and clever with variety. Sema by itself is a game changer if he can cast it assuming he's still Laxus tier.
Yeah, I think he can stall out by flying around at high speed.

The question is if Acno decides to target him or Kirin first.
Probably Kirin, since he is a bigger threat due to being stronger + being a DS

I'm inclined to pick Jellal, until I see a convincing argument against it

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Yeah, I think he can stall out by flying around at high speed.

The question is if Acno decides to target him or Kirin first.
Probably Kirin, since he is a bigger threat due to being stronger + being a DS

I'm inclined to pick Jellal, until I see a convincing argument against it
I've mentioned why I think Larcade gets eliminated relatively quickly, he'd try to hax Acno and get Serena'd for it. I think Acnologia would largely focus on Dogramag unless someone interrupts him. But, when he's done with the Earth Dragon God, he'd likely gun for any remaining Dragon Slayers, likely targeting Kirin first.

If Kirin tries to attack Acno, he'd get Serena'd, if he doesn't, he gets Serena'd first once Acno is done with Dogramag.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I've mentioned why I think Larcade gets eliminated relatively quickly, he'd try to hax Acno and get Serena'd for it. I think Acnologia would largely focus on Dogramag unless someone interrupts him. But, when he's done with the Earth Dragon God, he'd likely gun for any remaining Dragon Slayers, likely targeting Kirin first.

If Kirin tries to attack Acno, he'd get Serena'd, if he doesn't, he gets Serena'd first once Acno is done with Dogramag.
?? I think you replied to the wrong guy lmao

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
?? I think you replied to the wrong guy lmao
I was more using Larcade as an example from what I mentioned of him. If Kirin tries to attack Acnologia he definitely gets targeted from the start before Jellal. Apologies if the post was confusing.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I think many scenarios can be done :

- 1 : Larcade, being the arrogant Zeleph's ultimate weapon made to fight Acnologia, should engage him first and then will one shot to death by a boring Acnologia. Then Acnologia should engage the Dragon Slayers like Kirin, Mardmole and Sting, while Dogramag should have fun with Erza and Jellal.
Even a toying Acnologia should destroy all combine three faster than Dogramag should destroy the lovers (Jellal can resist with his speed and Erza's stamina can fight longer). As only the four are winners here, then,there will be Acno, Dogramag, Erza and Jellal by default.

- 2 : Acnologia directly attacks Dogramag. All people around are fighting in different place. Larcade uses his axe to floor all people bar Erza who is not affected by pleasure magic and should strike him with enough speed and power to defeat him, with enchant if in need. I can see Jellal destroying Mardmole with AoE Attacks combine with his speed while Kirin crushes Sting before engaging Erza and Jellal in a battle at three (like the 3 girls in GmG). I can see Acnologia killing Dogramag before the end of their battle. The four winners should be Acnologia, Kirin, Erza and Jellal.

In all scenarios, Acnologia, Erza and Jellal are here. I should give them my vote. For the last one, I still don't know between Dogramag and Kirin. Waiting to see commentaries.

Last edited:

Zelefomavis

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
@Kiki is Acnologia in character or is that considered emotional/psychological impediment ? I.e will he go for Dragons first and DS after before going for humans ?

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
@Kiki is Acnologia in character or is that considered emotional/psychological impediment ? I.e will he go for Dragons first and DS after before going for humans ?
Every char is in character. I think he will naturally since ds magic is 'threatening' and effective against him.

Sevently

Reaction score
Country
France
  1. Acno
  2. Dogra
  3. Jellal
  4. Kirin