Group - Group C | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group C

Group C: Pick your top 4!

• Cobra/Erik

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Gajeel Redfox

Votes: 37 86.0%
  • Hakune

Votes: 27 62.8%
  • Jura Neekis

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • Madmole

Votes: 23 53.5%
  • Makarov Dreyar

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • Minerva Orland

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Suzaku

Votes: 37 86.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
For Jellal, yes, Natsu used this average against him. But it was in different way : it was about collateral damage and not arrogance. Jellal is not as arrogant as the DG like Selene : during his chess game, he was unsure he could defeat Erza by strength so, he used tricks and feelings against her.
I honestly think Jellal could have defeated DF Natsu if he wasn't worried about his tower, he was focused on dodging and avoiding. Sadly, when he finally decided to go all out, Erza's gut slash suddenly decided to affect him. Abyss Break likely could have defeated Natsu.

But Selene and Ignia are true arrogant and this serve them.
Ignia's arrogance is probably going to be his downfall here, just like it would get him killed if he actually decided to attack Acnologia.

Minerva as well, before realizing she couldn't defeat both Erza and Kagura and wanted to weaken them forcing them to battle each other, before finishing the job. Good strategy even if it was unfair, but felt on a bone :).
Minerva was highly intelligent and used brains in that tournament, her downfall was backstsbbing Kagura and torturing Millianna.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
I honestly think Jellal could have defeated DF Natsu if he wasn't worried about his tower, he was focused on dodging and avoiding. Sadly, when he finally decided to go all out, Erza's gut slash suddenly decided to affect him. Abyss Break likely could have defeated Natsu.
Hard to say. Natsu, with Dragon Force, gained far stronger level in all stats to the point Jellal coudn't compete against in Close Combat. But yes, Jellal's meteor could put distance enough to engage a "Ougi". It's hard to say if Natsu could break through Abyss break (Natsu's potential was crazy enhanced by Etherion and we are aware of his crazy stamina under these circumstances) or not, so, in my opinion, it's more a draw as unaccomplished battle, rather than a victory.

The simple fact Mashima putted an handicap to Jellal's launch gave the fact that Jellal's spell was critical, a "Ougi". Still Natsu's Dragon Force's durability is still a hard counter. If he broke through, the result could be the same as what we have seen in the Manga. And with Natsu's limitbreak, I won't be surprise of it.

It's same as vs Jura in GmG. Jellal was below in stats as none of his attacks could damage Jura. But his Sema was interrupt, showing that it could be critical for Jura, even if he was stronger. But, as Jura's magic is earth magic manipulation, can't he manipulate the rock of the Sema until weaken-reduce it enough to survive the impact with his earth's Protection (like what countered Grand Chariot) ? If so, like vs Dragon Force Natsu, Jellal was doomed.

The two battles are similar in their ways. Mashima's clue gave Jellal some point in both while fighting two stronger opponents, but both were his ultimate chance before falling just after. I prefer seeing that as a draw game as we aren't aware of the true result in both situations. But I understand you and Grey Matter claiming Jellal's victory.

Ignia's arrogance is probably going to be his downfall here, just like it would get him killed if he actually decided to attack Acnologia.
For sure. Arrogance is their weakness.

Minerva was highly intelligent and used brains in that tournament, her downfall was backstsbbing Kagura and torturing Millianna.
Agree. She was very smart in that tournament, She was the brightest by far. She only made three mistakes by arrogance :
- torturing Lucy in front of the Guild during the Water Competition,
- torturing Milliana in front of Erza and Kagura.
- Trying to kill Kagura in her back in front of Erza.

But when I said she was cocky, she was sure to be strong enough to win against combine Erza and Kagura before realizing she couldn't after her Ragdo Ligora . Then, weakening a stronger foe is smart and strategic.

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Depends if Selene is using her full power or not. Vs Suzaku, by arrogance, she was playing, asking Suzaku to dance lol. So, still by arrogance, she nerfed her power as well and used perhaps 50% of her power. I still think Irene, with all her power, can resist a while against this amused Selene, just like she did with Acnologia who was enjoying it.

But I know we disagree about Irene's level ;).
Yea, I'm not arguing Suzaku > Selene either.

Suzaku is maybe 40-50% of Selene's full power. Selene lost only because he underestimated Suzaku

But 50% Selene alone is enough to no diff Eileen. Merc wasn't even half his power and no diff'd the entire x793 team Natsu with DS magic. While Eileen got one shot by x792 Erza with DS magic. And unlike Suzaku, Eileen hasn't displayed firepower anywhere close to injuring a DG.
The gap is far too high. 50% Selene annihilates Eileen.

Yea lol, we do disagree about Eileen's power level. Don't you think Eileen is 50% DG level? That's like saying she's close to 50% Acno in stats, ridiculous.

Just because Ignia is Igneel's son that doesn't mean he's as strong as him. That's like saying Cana is as strong as Gildarts just because she's his daughter.

Plus, let's assume Ignia is Igneel's tier, from what we know of Ignia's personality, he is way too arrogant and not as humble as his father, he would slip up or boast the moment he overpowers Acnologia, and that would be GG. Serena treatment.

But maybe he takes fights seriously, and if that's the case and if he is indeed as strong as his father then I will fully admit that he can push Acnologia to high diff. So far, I don't see any Dragon God pushing him past mid-diff, max.

There's also something going against Ignia, if he was so sure that he could beat Acnologia, he would have gone after him instead of staying in hiding.
Not when you combine with hype.
By hype, DGs are Acno tier. While Cana is confirmed fodder tier.

And the fact that Merc no diff'd x793 team Natsu without even half his powers adds value to that portrayal.
So does the insane feats from Aldoron

All I meant by my statement was that, it isn't inconceivable for a dragon to be close to Acno level in stats. When we already saw one in Igneel. Likely quite a few dragons existed at that level 400 years back too. What makes Acno unbeatable is his soul steal hax and near magic immunity. We know Acno beat Igneel using soul steal 400 years back, that's probably how he defeated other God tier dragons of the time as well.
Acno having God tier stats on top of his hax is just icing on the cake.

And no, GS gets one shotted by Acnologia, irrespective of whether GS is serious or not. Neither him or August could even perceive how fast Acnologia is. By the time they comprehended what had transpired, Acno killed Serena and reached far behind all of them.
And there is no way they tank an attack that powerful either.

Serious Acnologia one shots every single character in Alverez arc. Period.

Also, Acno isn't gutting Ignia like he did Serena.
Ignia is at least twice as strong as the Merc we saw, and Merc was no selling attacks from x793 team Natsu with slayer advantage. He's simply too durable to go down that easily to Acno, and is fast enough to block or dodge in all likeliness

Last edited:

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Suzaku is maybe 40-50% of Selene's full power. Selene lost only because he underestimated Suzaku
We agree. I think more around 40% as I don't think he is above Mercphobia.

But 50% Selene alone is enough to no diff Eileen. Merc wasn't even half his power and no diff'd the entire x793 team Natsu with DS magic. While Eileen got one shot by x792 Erza with DS magic. The gap is far too high. 50% Selene annihilates Eileen.
Because you still see Erza as the same since the beginning of the fight where, enhanced by Wendy, was powerless to the point Eileen made a flower with Blumenblatt and the end, where she crashed the Deus Sema with intention to sacrifice her live to save everyone on the Continent, praying Makarov to give her the strength to realize the impossible.

But I won't engage you. I know you will stay in your position and we can be cool without having same point of view :).

Don't you think Eileen is 50% DG level? That's like saying she's close to 50% Acno in stats, ridiculous.
No, I don't think she is that high. But if you think Suzaku is around 40% of Selene's power, and it's also my opinion, then, as she underestimated him, she used less than 40%, maybe more or less 1/3 of her true strength as he could cut through all her techniques. Acnologia played with Eileen just like Selene with Suzaku and, like her, was impressed until asking her name. But again, we will disagree :).

Our original point, with Orphan Prince, is that Arrogance makes allmighty people mistaken and low their true power level until being beaten by far weaker opponents. Like you said for Selene, where, this time, we agree. And same for Ignia, his arrogance can be a weakness making his downfall as well.

Last edited:

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
And no, GS gets one shotted by Acnologia, irrespective of whether GS is serious or not. Neither him or August could even perceive how fast Acnologia is. By the time they comprehended what had transpired, Acno killed Serena and reached far behind all of them.
And there is no way they tank an attack that powerful either.
Oh, I don't doubt that, anyone in x792 gets the Serena treatment by a serious Acno, what I meant was I think Serena wouldn't instantly die if he was on guard and if Acno wasn't as serious.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
We agree. I think more around 40% as I don't think he is above Mercphobia.
He wouldn't be regardless. Cause dragon Merc, even nerfed > 100% human Selene

I am talking about close to 50% human Selene.

If Dragon Selene doesn't stomp, all hype of DGs go down the drain

ecause you still see Erza as the same since the beginning of the fight where, enhanced by Wendy, was powerless to the point Eileen made a flower with Blumenblatt and the end, where she crashed the Deus Sema with intention to sacrifice her live to save everyone on the Continent, praying Makarov to give her the strength to realize the impossible.

But I won't engage you. I know you will stay in your position and we can be cool without having same point of view :).
Wendy only gave her DS magic, it wasn't a buff to stats
Even before Erza got POF, she was holding her own against human Eileen without help from even Wendy. Go re-read Erzza vs Eileen round 2. Eileen was also serious them

Sure ok

No, I don't think she is that high. But if you think Suzaku is around 40% of Selene's power, and it's also my opinion, then, as she underestimated him, she used less than 40%, maybe more or less 1/3 of her true strength as he could cut through all her techniques. Acnologia played with Eileen just like Selene with Suzaku and, like her, was impressed until asking her name. But again, we will disagree :).
He tanked/cut through her techniques because he was that strong.

She got "serious" and couldn't down Suzaku for unknown time.
Then she got bloodlusted, and Suzaku still tanked her angry attacks.

Sure. Maybe she didn't use her full power even while angry, but she certainly put more effort than Acno did to down Serena, and that same attack would one shot every single character in x792

Except Eileen isn't doing any damage to Acno.
It isn't simply "oh we have different interpretation of this". Are you trying to say that, Eileen, if Acno was careless, would've managed to down him bleeding and heavily injured? Because that's what Suzaku did, to someone who is at least somewhat comparable to Acno in stats.
I will stop after this, but just answer this - if Acno was careless, would Eileen have downed him heavily injured and bleeding?

I say she doesn't have the attack power to do so, demonstrably. In fact nobody from Alverez was powerful enough for that, August and Zeref included.
But Suzaku has, by feat.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh, I don't doubt that, anyone in x792 gets the Serena treatment by a serious Acno, what I meant was I think Serena wouldn't instantly die if he was on guard and if Acno wasn't as serious.
Non serious Acno couldn't even kill Wendy or catch Christina ship, so yeah. Serena would likely perform better than Jellal did. Jobber Acno is trash.

I'm pretty sure angry Selene put more effort on her spell than what Acno did to kill Serena. And Suzaku simply tanked it.

I say Suzaku has reached a point where Acno can't simply one shot him with random physical attacks, like he could to any character in x792. He could need to use his stronger spells and abilities to do so.

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I say Suzaku has reached a point where Acno can't simply one shot him with random physical attacks, like he could to any character in x792. He could need to use his stronger spells and abilities to do so.
Even if he can't give Suzuku the Serena treatment (which I think he can if he puts enough physical force into his strike), I think if he throws a full-powered roar Suzaku's way, God bye-bye Suzaku.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Wendy only gave her DS magic, it wasn't a buff to stats
Even before Erza got POF, she was holding her own against human Eileen without help from even Wendy. Go re-read Erzza vs Eileen round 2. Eileen was also serious them
Yes I know Wendy didn't boost her stats with DS magic.

I have read the fight many times. Even before her climax PoF (Deus Sema), after Wendy's fall, Erza was on higher determination to put Eileen's down, because Wendy was out and defenseless. Erza had to take the win to protect Wendy's body from Eileen who could take her again. She was already enhanced by her emotions to protect her protege and we saw she was on another level from the "flower Blumenblatt" one. Still Erza couldn't damage her mother but pushed her under entrenchment (Dragon Form to slap her away by anger). But this Erza was already stronger than the one with Wendy as her sidekick.

He tanked/cut through her techniques because he was that strong.

She got "serious" and couldn't down Suzaku for unknown time.
Then she got bloodlusted, and Suzaku still tanked her angry attacks.

Sure. Maybe she didn't use her full power even while angry, but she certainly put more effort than Acno did to down Serena, and that same attack would one shot every single character in x792

Except Eileen isn't doing any damage to Acno.
It isn't simply "oh we have different interpretation of this". Are you trying to say that, Eileen, if Acno was careless, would've managed to down him bleeding and heavily injured? Because that's what Suzaku did, to someone who is at least somewhat comparable to Acno in stats.
I will stop after just, but just answer this - if Acno was careless, would Eileen have downed him heavily injured and bleeding?

I say she doesn't have the attack power to do so, demonstrably. In fact nobody from Alverez was powerful enough for that, August and Zeref included.
But Suzaku has, by feat.
I am not comparing Eileen and Suzaku. For sure, I agree with you, Suzaku's feat is above Eileen's. I have no problem with that. If they battled, I should give my vote for Suzaku, even with my respect for Eileen. Like you say, yes, he was durable enough and strong enough to critically hurt Selene. It's an amazing feat and as I said in a previous post, I currently consider Suzaku as the strongest character seen in action since the beginning of the sequel.

No, Eileen couldn't take down Acnologia and she was aware of that. She knews that as she acknoledged him for centuries. She is indirectly his mother and is aware of all what he did in the past (slaughtering all the Dragons until being the King). In Albareth, she was here to stop his progression. Like you say, and I agree, no one in the previous Manga could hurt Acnologia, except Ignir.

But for what I have seen, I can't place Selene to Acnologia's level. She has the strength of her rank, sure, but Acnologia still remained the King. I am not sure Suzaku could slash through Acnologia's body like he did to Selene and we never know.

I am talking about close to 50% human Selene.

If Dragon Selene doesn't stomp, all hype of DGs go down the drain
Yes, I was thinking the same. I made mistake while writting by analogy with Merc. Sorry. I only took "Human's DG's" stats as well.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
But for what I have seen, I can't place Selene to Acnologia's level. She has the strength of her rank, sure, but Acnologia still remained the King. I am not sure Suzaku could slash through Acnologia's body like he did to Selene and we never know.
Neither do I.
But I do see human Selene 70% human Acno in stats at least. She has the portrayal for that

He probably can't cut down Acno like that, but he can make him bleed. Suzaku can give him a low diff instead of getting one shot

Even if he can't give Suzuku the Serena treatment (which I think he can if he puts enough physical force into his strike), I think if he throws a full-powered roar Suzaku's way, God bye-bye Suzaku.
Full power roar? Probably yeah. The attack that off'd Serena, nope.

That's my point.

Suzaku can give Acno low-mid diff instead of being one shot material, like everyone else before him was to Acno

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
Neither do I.
But I do see human Selene 70% human Acno in stats at least. She has the portrayal for that

He probably can't cut down Acno like that, but he can make him bleed. Suzaku can give him a low diff instead of getting one shot
Yes, possibly.

I think he can give him scratches if Acnologia underestimate Suzaku, just like with Selene's cheek. And yes, a low diff seems possible : his stamina and durability are incredible. Suzaku is a monster, for sure. ;)

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
The difference between a DG's power in human form and dragon form isn't as big as you guys are making it.

They aren't like Acno and Irene, who were human first and dragonized. No way nerfed Merc > 100% Human Selene and that wasn't certainly implied by MMerc himself when Selene was flexing.

Ronin31

Reaction score
Country
France
The difference between a DG's power in human form and dragon form isn't as big as you guys are making it.

They aren't like Acno and Irene, who were human first and dragonized. No way nerfed Merc > 100% Human Selene and that wasn't certainly implied by MMerc himself when Selene was flexing.
I don't know but the fact is that Dragon Acnologia and Dragon Irene were far stronger than their human forms. In all stats.

Nothing suggest that it is similar for the DG so you are perhaps right, but I still think DG are stronger in their Dragon Form as well. Perhaps with less mergin than the Dragon Slayers who dragonized but still.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Whilst I agree that the Dragon Gods aren't >= Acnologia, that still doesn't make them fodder.

Okay, show me one scan that proves Suzaku to be fodder then.
i am not talking about all the dragon gods, i'm talking about selene and if you agree that dragon gods aren't >=acnologia then why do u think that one shotting them is an impressive feat when we don't even know where to scale them?

take aldoron for example he is def not acnologia level and around base zeref level, once natsu entered igneel,ignia,atlas flame mode aldoron stood 0 chance against natsu and got no diffed by him, or one shotted but does not change anything. zeref on the other hand took multiple blows from igneel powered natsu, now sure natsu had more powerups against aldoron but he had more of igneels power against zeref then against aldoron, i personally do not believe that ignia is stronger then half dead igneel cause he knew that igneel died and where acnologia was but he did not bring himself to fight him probably cause he was to scared and wanted to act all tough to natsu saying that he is stronger then acnologia. so with those statements i don't see why half dead igneel can't just no-low diff ignia and natsu had a portion of both of there powers against aldoron which still means nothing because the difference between igneel and ignia is huge and atlas flame is fodder to them so his boost is irrelevant, so thats why i think that Natsus powerup against aldoron is >=< his powerup against base zeref and base zerefs performance was SO much more better against natsu then aldoron so base zeref is easily above aldoron but zeref himself confirmed that he is fodder to acnologia, another thing debunking the 2 statements of the DGS being on par with acnologia

Then theres mercphobia who got no-low diffed by a portion of ignias power and as i explained above ignia is nowhere close to igneels power so basically if mercphobia lost to a portion of someones power and that someone is nowhere close to half dead igneels strength and half dead igneel is >=< then tartaros acnoloigia then mercphobia is nowhere close to acnologias level at all

And i don't see why selene should be any different from them honestly so beating selene is not an impressive feat especially since u were getting toyed around by her for most the fight LOL

Orphan Prince

Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
i am not talking about all the dragon gods, i'm talking about selene and if you agree that dragon gods aren't >=acnologia then why do u think that one shotting them is an impressive feat when we don't even know where to scale them?
If you're talking about just Selene, you're talking about all Dragon Gods, they were stated to be relative to each other, and unlike Spriggans, we have no proof otherwise yet. Merc was nerfed from the start, and Aldoron was nerfed from the start and gradually grew weaker as the God Seeds was taken out.

take aldoron for example he is def not acnologia level and around base zeref level, once natsu entered igneel,ignia,atlas flame mode aldoron stood 0 chance against natsu and got no diffed by him, or one shotted but does not change anything. zeref on the other hand took multiple blows from igneel powered natsu, now sure natsu had more powerups against aldoron but he had more of igneels power against zeref then against aldoron, i personally do not believe that ignia is stronger then half dead igneel cause he knew that igneel died and where acnologia was but he did not bring himself to fight him probably cause he was to scared and wanted to act all tough to natsu saying that he is stronger then acnologia. so with those statements i don't see why half dead igneel can't just no-low diff ignia and natsu had a portion of both of there powers against aldoron which still means nothing because the difference between igneel and ignia is huge and atlas flame is fodder to them so his boost is irrelevant, so thats why i think that Natsus powerup against aldoron is >=< his powerup against base zeref and base zerefs performance was SO much more better against natsu then aldoron so base zeref is easily above aldoron but zeref himself confirmed that he is fodder to acnologia, another thing debunking the 2 statements of the DGS being on par with acnologia
You're right, Aldoron isn't Acnologia level, he went into hibernation because of Acnologia and awoke from said hibernation during his arc, but he's not as weak as you're making him out to be.

Then theres mercphobia who got no-low diffed by a portion of ignias power and as i explained above ignia is nowhere close to igneels power so basically if mercphobia lost to a portion of someones power and that someone is nowhere close to half dead igneels strength and half dead igneel is >=< then tartaros acnoloigia then mercphobia is nowhere close to acnologias level at all
Um, you do realize Merc was basically only <= half of his power, right? This implies that it would have taken Ignia powered Natsu at the very least mid difficulty to defeat a full-powered Mercphobia. You're making it sound like Mercphobia was at full power, hell, he wasn't even in his right mind, he was running off of instinct alone, which makes him a worse fighter than he otherwise would have been, look at Acno when he was on autopilot for example, he was just a mindless beast wreaking havoc, same with Merc.

And i don't see why selene should be any different from them honestly so beating selene is not an impressive feat especially since u were getting toyed around by her for most the fight LOL
It is an impressive feat because both Mercphobia and Aldoron were nerfed and took extreme difficulty to defeat. If it wasn't for Ignia, <=50% mindless Mercphobia would have stomped Team Natsu into oblivion, while Selene is at her full power, and in her Human Form her full power should scale to around nerfed Dragon Mercphobia.

Hexbend

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't know but the fact is that Dragon Acnologia and Dragon Irene were far stronger than their human forms. In all stats.

Nothing suggest that it is similar for the DG so you are perhaps right, but I still think DG are stronger in their Dragon Form as well. Perhaps with less mergin than the Dragon Slayers who dragonized but still.
That's the thing Acno and Irene are both dragon slayers and their dragon forms are essentially their DF. Of course they'll get a huge boost from it

Maybe they are stronger in their dragon forms not denying that, but clearly not by much, considering when Selene was flexing. Merc said this is the true power of a DG, basically implying the power Human Selene was using > Nerfed Aldo and Merc.

Kurumi Tokisaki

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Isn't this how Mashima writes fights most of the time. Only Tartarus fights were impressive. After that OP Opponent overpowers the other opponent. Once the latter gains a new ability/new move one-shots the former. This is the same in Eden zero as well. He knows how to build up hype but can't deliver on it. (Look at Atla's face Moster since ancient times 😂 😂 ) The real battle is Mashima vs Hype.

GL_Nova

Reaction score
Country
United States
Exactly, arrogance is what got Serena struck down so fast, maybe he could have put up a small (and I mean small) fight against Acno before being gutted.

And same with Selene, she probably could have stomped Suzuku if she took him seriously.

Ignia would likely make the same mistakes Serena and Selene did.
Ignia isn’t Selene. Let’s not forget that he was able to switch gears mid taunt and stop Natsu cold. I don’t understand why anyone would assume he’d make the same mistake as Selene. Unless he has her same mindset for some reason…is he her son perhaps?

As for Acnologia, if he was getting stronger to beat Acnologia and surpass him. What’s the rush? He should know exactly what kind of Slayer Acno is, and it’s not like there’s a reason to suspect anybody is going to beat you too it. Your dad the Dragon King lost to him and humans are woefully mismatched against a Dragon without what was assumed lost slayer magic. (Lmao right? Like are we at 20 yet?) I would want a healthy gap in my favor against a magic eating opponent too. An just as you reach your goal, and hit the power that you feel makes it totally a stomp in your favor. The lil brother you ignored and didn’t think about beats you too it….Which matched up exactly with what he told Natsu.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Isn't this how Mashima writes fights most of the time. Only Tartarus fights were impressive. After that OP Opponent overpowers the other opponent. Once the latter gains a new ability/new move one-shots the former. This is the same in Eden zero as well. He knows how to build up hype but can't deliver on it. (Look at Atla's face Moster since ancient times 😂 😂 ) The real battle is Mashima vs Hype.
Basically is how he writes most of the time but most of them time the characters usually get a plot powerup and we all know that suzaku has 0 plot

Kurumi Tokisaki

Reaction score
Country
Sri Lanka
Basically is how he writes most of the time but most of them time the characters usually get a plot powerup and we all know that suzaku has 0 plot
We'll for us readers it might seem POF and Plot but to Mashima those moments look cool. He literally has said himself in an interview that he doesn't care about logic in fights but what would make the reader go ''Wow that's cool". He is writing his fights for < 10-year-old kids only nude stuff for >18. That's way I see it.

Vex_Haid

Reaction score
Country
Canada
If you're talking about just Selene, you're talking about all Dragon Gods, they were stated to be relative to each other, and unlike Spriggans, we have no proof otherwise yet. Merc was nerfed from the start, and Aldoron was nerfed from the start and gradually grew weaker as the God Seeds was taken out.

Oh yeah i forgot that aldoron grew weaker the moment the god seeds died lol

You're right, Aldoron isn't Acnologia level, he went into hibernation because of Acnologia and awoke from said hibernation during his arc, but he's not as weak as you're making him out to be.

Yeah i guess i downplayed him to hard there :p

Um, you do realize Merc was basically only <= half of his power, right? This implies that it would have taken Ignia powered Natsu at the very least mid difficulty to defeat a full-powered Mercphobia. You're making it sound like Mercphobia was at full power, hell, he wasn't even in his right mind, he was running off of instinct alone, which makes him a worse fighter than he otherwise would have been, look at Acno when he was on autopilot for example, he was just a mindless beast wreaking havoc, same with Merc.

didn't merc go full power after natsu got the boost? cause i heard by some people that he did go all out

It is an impressive feat because both Mercphobia and Aldoron were nerfed and took extreme difficulty to defeat. If it wasn't for Ignia, <=50% mindless Mercphobia would have stomped Team Natsu into oblivion, while Selene is at her full power, and in her Human Form her full power should scale to around nerfed Dragon Mercphobia.
Lol once natsu got a powerup he two shotted aldoron (even if he was nerfed he still two shotted him just saying) same goes for half powered igneel, even tho they were both nerfed they still got negged tho btws honestly if you re-read the chapter then ignia natsu atleast low-mid diffed merc but yeah i think that i downplayed the dragon gods a bit to much there lol

but ill still wait a few more chapters to see if suzaku did beat selene

We'll for us readers it might seem POF and Plot but to Mashima those moments look cool. He literally has said himself in an interview that he doesn't care about logic in fights but what would make the reader go ''Wow that's cool". He is writing his fights for < 10-year-old kids only nude stuff for >18. That's way I see it.
I won't be surprised if he is writing for just 10 year olds cause i never once heard anyone swore in the anime and before the new season came out i only saw 1 drop of blood in the past 277 episodes + POF lol

Status
Not open for further replies.