Group - Group D | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D

Which 4 advance?

• Ajeel

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Elfman

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Gajeel

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • Invel

Votes: 49 57.0%
  • Jacob

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Larcade

Votes: 70 81.4%
  • Wall

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • Zeref

Votes: 85 98.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
To be fair to Larcade, Exceeds have never been consistent power wise, one only needs look at Happy surviving a city busting explosion or pulling back a bloodlusted IgNatsu.

Magical exhaustion and the like doesn't seem to affect it, at least not majorly, since Natsu was basically affected exactly the same as Rogue.
That's Happy who has consistently been shown as a tank the entire series so the other exceed can't scale from Happy. Also it was Frosch who is by far the weakest exceed ever, and weakest character in the series so literal fodder negated Hunger.

Magical exhaustion does mean something as mages get their superhuman physicals from their MP. It was already infered this back in Tenrou when Laxus took Hades hit with no magic, and when SO boosted everyones stats by an increase in MP. Natsu was still conscious and just sat there listening to Larcade while he could've just attack Larcade any time and KOed him. The attack can't even put down a person with zero MP yet it is supposed to actually put down Natsu? RIP literally killed no one so it's effectiveness sucks as it's easily overpowered by just will power alone.

Nemispelled

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, Group D is by far the weakest Group out of all 4 of them.

Regardless, here are my choices:

1. Gajeel

Wahl

Invel

Zeref

Everybody else gets dropped. Elfman, Ajeel, and Jacob are obviously eliminated.

And Larcade isn't as impressive as he was initially hyped up to be. After we found out that August is the child of Zeref, then Larcade has lost all credibility. His feats are underwhelming, his intelligence is poor, and his performance was ludicrous.

It makes sense now. All of Larcade's hype and portrayal from the beginning, actually belonged to August. Including the "only his mother can beat him" statement.

With the above "assumption" withdrawn, Larcade has absolutely no hype on his side.

And because his performance was worse than acceptable, he does not advance on my list.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
That's Happy who has consistently been shown as a tank the entire series so the other exceed can't scale from Happy. Also it was Frosch who is by far the weakest exceed ever, and weakest character in the series so literal fodder negated Hunger.
The other Exceeds may not be able to scale to Happy but Frosch is featless apart from resisting Hunger, so who's to say Frosch isn't a Happy-tier plot tanker? Besides, Yukino, Kagura and Sting were all being affected by Hunger. This is a case of POF IMO.
Natsu was still conscious and just sat there listening to Larcade while he could've just attack Larcade any time and KOed him. The attack can't even put down a person with zero MP yet it is supposed to actually put down Natsu? RIP literally killed no one so it's effectiveness sucks as it's easily overpowered by just will power alone.

Natsu had to repeatedly hit himself to stay awake and Sting had to enter the shadows to keep himself from falling asleep, and even when Sting was in the Shadows he was still only safe for a seemingly short amount of time. I fail to see how you can say it's effectiveness sucks.

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

Magical exhaustion does mean something as mages get their superhuman physicals from their MP. It was already infered this back in Tenrou when Laxus took Hades hit with no magic, and when SO boosted everyones stats by an increase in MP. Natsu was still conscious and just sat there listening to Larcade while he could've just attack Larcade any time and KOed him. The attack can't even put down a person with zero MP yet it is supposed to actually put down Natsu? RIP literally killed no one so it's effectiveness sucks as it's easily overpowered by just will power alone.
Expect he pulled back a bloodthirsty BDKM natsu. And also it's PIS he can attack while some1 is being affected by RiP like when he told zeref to kill natsu and while natsu was fighting RIP. Plus show me a panel that frosh was able to with stand hunger? Don't remember that

Last edited:

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
The other Exceeds may not be able to scale to Happy but Frosch is featless apart from resisting Hunger, so who's to say Frosch isn't a Happy-tier plot tanker? Besides, Yukino, Kagura and Sting were all being affected by Hunger. This is a case of POF IMO.

Natsu had to repeatedly hit himself to stay awake and Sting had to enter the shadows to keep himself from falling asleep, and even when Sting was in the Shadows he was still only safe for a seemingly short amount of time. I fail to see how you can say it's effectiveness sucks.
Bcs he doesn't have any feats thus he's fodder. We can't give him feats he clearly doesn't have. Yukino is fodder as well. Like I said tho a little bit of will power will overpower it. As soon as Sting saw Frisch do it he regained his senses willed through it.

Yeah he had such a hard time that's why he was still awake on his feat watching Zeref and Larcade talk the entire time. He clearly could be killed him long before he fell asleep. RIP leaves him wide open as well as he needs his hand out to do it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Expect he pulled back a bloodthirsty BDKM natsu. And also it's PIS he can attack while some1 is being affected by RiP like when he told zeref to kill natsu and while natsu was fighting RIP. Plus show me a panel that frosh was able to with stand hunger? Don't remember that
Happy not Frosch so idk why you're even bringing that up Happy >>>>>>>>>>>> Frosch. No Larcade can't attack others while RIP was in effect and Natsu could've killed him. It's when he talked about eating with Rogue which brought back Sting to his senses.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Bcs he doesn't have any feats thus he's fodder. We can't give him feats he clearly doesn't have. Yukino is fodder as well. Like I said tho a little bit of will power will overpower it. As soon as Sting saw Frisch do it he regained his senses willed through it.

Yeah he had such a hard time that's why he was still awake on his feat watching Zeref and Larcade talk the entire time. He clearly could be killed him long before he fell asleep. RIP leaves him wide open as well as he needs his hand out to do it.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Happy not Frosch so idk why you're even bringing that up Happy >>>>>>>>>>>> Frosch. No Larcade can't attack others while RIP was in effect and Natsu could've killed him. It's when he talked about eating with Rogue which brought back Sting to his senses.
proof?? natsu was struggling to stay wake how is he gonna do that when he was punching himself? huh? what do u mean he cant attack??he attack sting when using hunger. so frosch>>yukino because he withstand hunger??? u till havent shown me when frosch was able to withstand hunger

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
We can't give him feats he clearly doesn't have.
So instead we deny Frosch's showing? Also, both Frosch and Lector resisted Hunger, and both resisted it for friendship reasons (Frosch didn't want to eat without Rogue and Lector stopped midway through when he realized he was biting Sting). Larcade himself looks confused when Frosch resists Hunger, so it's clearly not something that happens very often.
Seeing as how everyone in the tournament is trying to win at all costs, no one will have any Friendship moments, so Hunger should affect them all similarly to how it worked on Yukino, Kagura and (at first) Sting. As far as I'm concerned, this is solid proof that power levels have virtually no effect on whether Hunger works or not. In fact, that would make sense given how Pleasure affected Zeref.
Yukino is fodder as well.
As I've pointed out, power level doesn't seem to gauge whether or not you'll be affected by Larcade's hax.
Like I said tho a little bit of will power will overpower it. As soon as Sting saw Frisch do it he regained his senses willed through it.
That's the thing though. Initially, Sting couldn't resist it, it was only after Lector stopped that he came to his senses. And even then, he was still being affected by Hunger. As I said above, since everyone here is trying to win at all costs, they shouldn't get any inspiration to try and break Hunger.
Yeah he had such a hard time that's why he was still awake on his feat watching Zeref and Larcade talk the entire time.
You can stand and still be on the verge of falling asleep. :-_-

Natsu was struggling to keep his eyes open, so yeah, he was having a hard time watching Zeref and Larcade.

We saw the same thing happen to Sting, he only managed to escape by entering the shadows, and even then, Rogue warned him that he only had a limited amount of time to beat Larcade before his senses would start to dull again.
He clearly could be killed him long before he fell asleep. RIP leaves him wide open as well as he needs his hand out to do it.
I really struggle to see how Natsu could have "easily" killed Larcade when he was having to smash himself in the face to stay conscious. Also, Larcade having to keep his hand up isn't that bad considering that everyone bar Wahl and Zeref will be in the same position as Sting/Natsu: incapable of striking back.

Am Shegar

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Zeref, Larcade, Inbel, Gajeel. I suppose those four can be fast enough to blitz Jakob before he will use tansport. Zeref without FH is beast, with FH is God. Larcade can RIP anyone and I suppose his hax will work on all of them because it worked on Natsu. Inbel and Gajeel can be haxed by Jacob but I prefere to think they can make it with raw power. Wahl Ajeel and Elfman do not have power to stand DF Dragon Slayer so they will not pass.

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Harder but still obvious:
  • Zeref
  • Larcade
  • Gajeel
  • Invel
I agree with Axiomus, Invel is an ice Ajeel and vice versa Ajeel is a sand Invel. I gave it to Invel cause once Ice Slave is on you I think your done, His ice legit burns your skin, true kamui gives him good enough defense (except against a triggered Gray) which gives Invel pass for me, aoe blizzard can give him an advantage in his element, More pros than cons. Gajeel immediately gets in only due to his dragon force cause if not alot of other people would pass over him, if not everyone

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Top 4 Participants in Group D

1) Zeref Dragneel

This one is an obvious choice. Zeref is arguably the strongest mage in the whole tournament. So he shouldn't have any problems in this group especially since we already saw him one-shot Larcade with an unnamed spell.

2) Wall Eehto

I'm going with Wall here because he is the best combat-wise and has great maneuverability. One thing we have to keep in mind is that he fought a weakened Laxus. So his feats weren't as impressive as they seemed... But, if we take his Etherion into account, he should make it through. Also, he should have enough time to cast it, especially with a chaotic battlefield going on. Don't get me wrong though. If this were a one-on-one battle, I wouldn't give it to him (mainly because his defense is pretty weak).

3) Ajeel Ramal

Probably one of the more underrated Spriggans. His battle with Erza wasn't his full potential because he was restricted in terms of spells. And his loss against Elfman + Lisanna was just Hiro Mashima wanting to make the storyline move forward.

Anyways, in a battle royale, I would argue that Ajeel has the most advantages. "Sand World" gives him the ability to move around undetected. And "Sands of Death" has such high AoE that it would be great for crowd control. The reason why I ultimately placed Ajeel above Invel is because his sand absorbs moisture, so in theory, Invel's ice should have no effect. Plus, he broke out of Gray's ice, meaning he should be able to do the same to Invel's insta-freeze.

4) Invel Yura

Despite having the least amount of feats, I think he would make it in this group. His "Ice Lock" will definitely come in handy considering he could take two opponents at once. Not to mention, his "Ice Kamui" should buy him enough time to survive while the rest duke it out amongst themselves. Again, if this were a one-on-one fight, he probably wouldn't win just because his attacks were sort of lackluster. His only strong point is making it hard for his opponents to hit him (as well as defense).

5) Gajeel Redfox

Trust me, I tried thinking of every possible way to make him advance, but I couldn't. I have to be fair here since I didn't count external sources of power for WSDM Sting (Rogue's power). Without Dragon Force, I don't see Gajeel beating any of the opponents above. But with DF, he should have definitely moved on.

6) Larcade

I'm going to be pretty honest here. Larcade never really impressed me. His light blades were deflected by Kagura and he pretty much got one-shotted by Zeref's unnamed spell. I understand Zeref is leagues above everyone else but to get one-shotted is pretty disappointing. His magic is also a disadvantage in this group (kind of like Dimaria). Assuming it works on the majority here, it probably wouldn't be enough to put down Zeref. And even if it did, Wall wouldn't be affected so it will ultimately come down to Wall vs Larcade, and at that point, the winner is pretty much decided.

7) Jacob Lessio

Jacob is a rather weak Spriggan. None of his feats were outstanding for a Spriggan and his stats are pretty low (especially intelligence. His only advantage is this group is: No Females.

8) Elfman Strauss

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on him and Lisanna beating Ajeel. If was off-paneled so it could have played out in many different ways. For example, no magic was involved. Just CQC. Either way, like I said before, it was more plot progression than anything.

Biri Biri

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
The most exciting group so far with some very evenly matched characters. I am going to assess this base on the characters' peak potential displayed so far. And in no particular order, my choices are

Larcade

Probably due to the nature of his magic or personality, he doesn't get much appreciation around here. I, too, admittedly have mixed feelings for this guy, so I guess I should get the personal shit out of the way first. Some people have mentioned Zeref seemingly has a prejudice against Larcade, and will meet his demise quickly once his book gets destroyed. Which I find is a lazy and half-ass way to off a character, and I'm just not a big fan of it.

Quite frankly, this guy can pose a credible threat to anyone in this competition. Larcade has some of the most outstanding feats shown by the Spriggans. It's debatable if his magic can work on someone like Wahl, but despite that, the gulf in their abilities is so huge it's not even fair.

Kagura, with her blade sheathed, has the strength and agility to successfully cut down all of Wahl's rockets in mid-air before they could do more damage. And her reflexes allow her to block and parry a sudden attack from Dimaria, when the latter does not employ her time stopping technique.

She could cut through Erza's Adamantine armour which has been capable of blocking the blast from Jupiter cannon, an attack which contributed to Ajeel's defeat.

And with her sword unsheathed, Kagura has cleaved buildings and mountain cleanly

And this same girl was spiralling into despair when she couldn't even scratch Larcade and was turn into swish kebab by nothing but his strength, reflexes and durability.

It took Sting, who could negate his technique and consuming it to replenish his energy, to unlock a new form of power after receiving Rogue's magic and assistance from Kagura's intervention, and still has to actually think and figure out a way before finally beating Larcade. Then despite his defeat, this wounded bugger still made his way to the guild in shorter time than most, and made Natsu succumbed to the effect of his magic.

His magic could also affect Zeref, Gildarts and Irene. The only realistic way of eliminating Larcade would require a level of camaraderie and teamwork which I don't see plausible with this being a battle royale, and most keen to prove their might over one another.

Gajeel

As mentioned, I will be picking my choices from what I have seen at the peak of their strength, and while I can't be bothered if that was dragon force or equivalent which Gajeel used towards the end of his fight with Bloodman, it is his strongest form that's for sure.

When considering his strength, it was devastating enough for Gajeel to tear through Bloodman's defence with physical assault. And his speed lets him unleash a barrage of repeated strikes as he outpace and pulverize Bloodman. I can believe Gajeel is rapid and powerful enough to nab a spot as one of the last four standing.

Invel

It was a toss-up between Invel and Ajeel. And I chose to go with Invel eventually.

In terms of power, both are rather similar. Invel encased Fiore in glaciers and send a blizzard raging throughout the city, while Ajeel conjured tidal waves of sand and whipped up a sandstorm that enveloped Magnolia. But where Invel has the advantage is his mentality. He is careful and confident, not cocksure of his abilities, and he has some dangerous spells in his arsenal which I find tougher to guard against as they are not your conventional attacks.

We know Ice Lock turned Gray and Juvia against each other, and despite trying to resist Invel's order, it was to no avail. The end result was Juvia committing suicide to save Gray, only averted by plot. While Ice Slave messes with one's thoughts and make them follow Invel's bidding against their will. Invel has a successful track record of pulling off these spells as they are instantaneous. And with this being a battle royale and most participants likely to have their attention and focus divided, he can bust them out anytime on his desired targets.

His power is great enough to completely dominate Gray, and even visibly nearly freeze him despite his natural resistance to cold. He did froze Natsu's fire dragon slayer magic and proceeded to freeze Natsu, Lucy, Juvia, just like he did with Mavis before, and kept them out of battle for a duration of time. There is nothing stopping him from following through his frozen targets with subsequent attacks if he truly intends to go for the kill.

Physically, he is capable of effortlessly blocking one of Gray's attacks with his bare hand. And endure being sliced by Gray's devil slayer magic attack and shrugging it off to continue fighting.

He could block the second attack from Gray, once again with only a hand.

Invel is one of the most well-balanced fighters here, so he should advance too.

Zeref

At the end of the day, despite being largely overhyped, Zeref is still one of the most powerful mages. I'm more interested to see how powerful he is now at his current state, after absorbing Fairy Heart.

As for why I think those who don't go through fail to progress.

Ajeel

The guy is strong, and I actually feel he has the biggest case to contest for a spot. He has shown masterful control over his sand and can employ his magic in various ways, from reducing swords into sand, make monsters out of it and send them towards his foes, or create huge sandpit to swallow his enemies. He could also use his sand to detect his targets' whereabouts, and conjure sandstorm with a good mile radius on it.

However, though tricky, each and every move in his arsenal has shown that they can be countered.

His sand monsters were obliterated by Gray and Lucy. The golem was frozen by Gray, while Lucy shot the rest of them down.

Natsu could vaporise his sandpit with his fire.

The tsunamis generated from his sand were dispersed by Makarov's attack and Laxus' lightning

And when he assimilates into his sandstorm, Ajeel's maneuvrability becomes even more impressive. However, his sandstorm has its drawback as it reduces visibility to zero, including for Ajeel himself. He couldn't see anything around him save for what is in front of him, as Erza takes advantage of this to don one of her armour which emits light. This enables Bisca to hit him with Jupiter cannon as by the time he realise when the attack entered his range, he couldn't react in time to evade it.

Jacob

As far as Jacob goes, he is a skilled hand to hand combatant with good reflexes and some useful spells which he can use to exploit to some degree.

However, he lacks the firepower to come out on top of this. One of the main components of his magic that makes it challenging to beat him is his invisiblity, which can be negated by bright light, as shown when Loke employed his magic to pinpoint his location.

And Larcade is more than capable of rendering it ineffective.

Jacob is another one who did not live up to his billing and the lack of substance in his feats makes him an easy target.

Wahl

His magic is aesthetically impressive and something refreshing for a change, but ultimately fall short in strength.

Wahl could scan for his ememies weakness and create bots to exploit this. But his robots are only tailored to one specific weakness, and since he is using it on groups, it can be countered by the opponents switching out and easily beat the bots.

His feats in his fight with Laxus were largely blown out of proportions. Taking into account, Laxus attacks were all imbued with lightning which Wahl was completely immune to, and in addition, Laxus was also in a constant debilitating condition throughout their fight due to being affected by the MBP in his body. All the fanciful nukes and ra-ra explosions produced zero end results, as when the dust settled and the smoke has cleared, Laxus emerged unscathed and still put Wahl on the defensive, collapsing only due to his illness and health condition.

Wahl speaks like as if everything is to plan, but it was never the case. And despite having tremendous handicap in his favour, Wahl failed to capitalise and suffered a breakdown which drove his robotic circuits nuts once he is on the end of something unforeseen like Laxus bypassing his immunity.

Wahl would be decimated in similar fashion once his opponent has the upperhand.

Last edited:

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States
Top 4 Participants in Group D

1) Zeref Dragneel

This one is an obvious choice. Zeref is arguably the strongest mage in the whole tournament. So he shouldn't have any problems in this group especially since we already saw him one-shot Larcade with an unnamed spell.

2) Wall Eehto

I'm going with Wall here because he is the best combat-wise and has great maneuverability. One thing we have to keep in mind is that he fought a weakened Laxus. So his feats weren't as impressive as they seemed... But, if we take his Etherion into account, he should make it through. Also, he should have enough time to cast it, especially with a chaotic battlefield going on. Don't get me wrong though. If this were a one-on-one battle, I wouldn't give it to him (mainly because his defense is pretty weak).

3) Ajeel Ramal

Probably one of the more underrated Spriggans. His battle with Erza wasn't his full potential because he was restricted in terms of spells. And his loss against Elfman + Lisanna was just Hiro Mashima wanting to make the storyline move forward.

Anyways, in a battle royale, I would argue that Ajeel has the most advantages. "Sand World" gives him the ability to move around undetected. And "Sands of Death" has such high AoE that it would be great for crowd control. The reason why I ultimately placed Ajeel above Invel is because his sand absorbs moisture, so in theory, Invel's ice should have no effect. Plus, he broke out of Gray's ice, meaning he should be able to do the same to Invel's insta-freeze.

4) Invel Yura

Despite having the least amount of feats, I think he would make it in this group. His "Ice Lock" will definitely come in handy considering he could take two opponents at once. Not to mention, his "Ice Kamui" should buy him enough time to survive while the rest duke it out amongst themselves. Again, if this were a one-on-one fight, he probably wouldn't win just because his attacks were sort of lackluster. His only strong point is making it hard for his opponents to hit him (as well as defense).

5) Gajeel Redfox

Trust me, I tried thinking of every possible way to make him advance, but I couldn't. I have to be fair here since I didn't count external sources of power for WSDM Sting (Rogue's power). Without Dragon Force, I don't see Gajeel beating any of the opponents above. But with DF, he should have definitely moved on.

6) Larcade

I'm going to be pretty honest here. Larcade never really impressed me. His light blades were deflected by Kagura and he pretty much got one-shotted by Zeref's unnamed spell. I understand Zeref is leagues above everyone else but to get one-shotted is pretty disappointing. His magic is also a disadvantage in this group (kind of like Dimaria). Assuming it works on the majority here, it probably wouldn't be enough to put down Zeref. And even if it did, Wall wouldn't be affected so it will ultimately come down to Wall vs Larcade, and at that point, the winner is pretty much decided.

7) Jacob Lessio

Jacob is a rather weak Spriggan. None of his feats were outstanding for a Spriggan and his stats are pretty low (especially intelligence. His only advantage is this group is: No Females.

8) Elfman Strauss

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on him and Lisanna beating Ajeel. If was off-paneled so it could have played out in many different ways. For example, no magic was involved. Just CQC. Either way, like I said before, it was more plot progression than anything.
zeref oneshots characters when they are weaken that shouldnt be the reason why he is consider as fodder also he trash kagura without use magic which shows his physical feats. also he can use hunger or RIP to destory any1 (excluding zeref)

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
zeref oneshots characters when they are weaken that shouldnt be the reason why he is consider as fodder also he trash kagura without use magic which shows his physical feats. also he can use hunger or RIP to destory any1 (excluding zeref)
Still, if it came down to him versus Zeref or Wall, I have him losing. Zeref is way too strong and Wall is completely unaffected by his magic. Besides, I think Larcade's hype went down the moment we found out that he was in fact not a Dragneel and just a demon from the books of Zeref.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Still, if it came down to him versus Zeref or Wall, I have him losing. Zeref is way too strong and Wall is completely unaffected by his magic. Besides, I think Larcade's hype went down the moment we found out that he was in fact not a Dragneel and just a demon from the books of Zeref.
Huh? First time i'm hearing that. Why would it his hype go down if he's not a Dragneel? We learnt that he was not a Dragneel after his pathetic showings against Sting. His mediocre feats that fightt are the main reason why his hype went down tremendously, not the fact that he's not a Dragneel.
It's like saying August's hype went up after we found out he was the real Dragneel. No it did not.

XXEliteXXAceXX

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Huh? First time i'm hearing that. Why would it his hype go down if he's not a Dragneel? We learnt that he was not a Dragneel after his pathetic showings against Sting. His mediocre feats that fightt are the main reason why his hype went down tremendously, not the fact that he's not a Dragneel.
It's like saying August's hype went up after we found out he was the real Dragneel. No it did not.
Maybe it was just my impression, but I felt people held Larcade to a much higher standard when he was a Dragneel than when he was a mere demon from the Books of Zeref. And to a certain extent, I can see why. Being the son of Zeref and inheriting Mavis' MP is much more credible than being a mere demon. As for his feats against Sting, some people believe it was not pathetic at all. I myself, think WSDM Sting is pretty strong. But I also think Larcade is pretty weak because he his magic has no real means of putting someone down.

August is different. He had an immense amount of hype prior to being a Dragneel. So anymore hype was negligible. Larcade, on the other hand, had nothing to back him up. So being related to one of the most powerful characters in the series significantly boosted his power.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Maybe it was just my impression, but I felt people held Larcade to a much higher standard when he was a Dragneel than when he was a mere demon from the Books of Zeref. And to a certain extent, I can see why. Being the son of Zeref and inheriting Mavis' MP is much more credible than being a mere demon. As for his feats against Sting, some people believe it was not pathetic at all. I myself, think WSDM Sting is pretty strong. But I also think Larcade is pretty weak because he his magic has no real means of putting someone down.

August is different. He had an immense amount of hype prior to being a Dragneel. So anymore hype was negligible. Larcade, on the other hand, had nothing to back him up. So being related to one of the most powerful characters in the series significantly boosted his power.
For me, Larcade's hype didnt go down because he wasnt a Dragneel, it went down cause Zeref killed him like it was nothing. If Zeref doesnt give a shit if he's alive that means that "secret weapon against Acno" line was just a bunch of bullshit. And that line was really the only hype Larcade had, aside from putting himself up there with August and Eileen, which is also obviously not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.