Group - Group D | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D

Which 4 advance?

• Ajeel

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Elfman

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Gajeel

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • Invel

Votes: 49 57.0%
  • Jacob

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Larcade

Votes: 70 81.4%
  • Wall

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • Zeref

Votes: 85 98.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomburst

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
It might be temporary, but imo it isnt. At this point in the manga Gajeel should be at a level of power where he can activate it himself, and him being the only Eclipse Dragon Slayer to not be able to also seems incredibly unlikely. So i personally, will be treating it as permanent.
Well if Gajeel was powerful enough to activate DF on his own, he would have done so against Bloodman, no? And it's not like he's gotten any stronger since then. IMO it's simply not logical to give Gajeel DF for this tournament, so unfortunately my choices are going to have to exclude him.

Zeref
Larcade
Invel
Jacob

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I think Gajeel has DF. If the slayers have to face Acnologia at some stage, it would he hilarious if Gajeel was the only one without DF.

Well if Gajeel was powerful enough to activate DF on his own
It's not a testament of power, surely. I mean Gajeel wipes the floor with Wendy and Tartarus Natsu.

Gajeel has always been the last one, even said so when talking about Dragon Force.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Well if Gajeel was powerful enough to activate DF on his own, he would have done so against Bloodman, no? And it's not like he's gotten any stronger since then. IMO it's simply not logical to give Gajeel DF for this tournament, so unfortunately my choices are going to have to exclude him.

Zeref
Larcade
Invel
Jacob
Why? Its not like he'd be able to hit Bloodman anyway. That aside, he'd never experienced Dragon Force before that moment.
I dunno how Dragon Force works exactly, but if people like Tartaros Natsu and current Wendy can enter it at will, current Gajeel should definitely be able to do the same, it just wouldnt make sense for him not to.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Gajeel has DF. If the slayers have to face Acnologia at some stage, it would he hilarious if Gajeel was the only one without DF.

It's not a testament of power, surely. I mean Gajeel wipes the floor with Wendy and Tartarus Natsu.

Gajeel has always been the last one, even said so when talking about Dragon Force.
I just used the term power because Seven777 used it in the comment I was responding to, but my point still stands. If he was able to activate DF on his own there would have been no need to eat the MBP from Bloodman. And since Gajeel has made no progession in power or skill since then I just don't think it makes sense. That's like saying Natsu was able to activate DF by himself ever since his fight against Jellal, or against Zero.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
We don't actually know if the form Gajeel used against Bloodman was Dragon Force, or not. I'm open to the possibility of it being dragon force, because of the scale patterns. However, strictly speaking, it was never referred to as dragon force. Keep in mind that the particles actually eats away at the ethernano within Gajeel's body, so it probably didn't give Gajeel a large amount of magical power. Also there was only a tiny amount of iron in the particles, so he probably didn't gain a massive power-up in that regard either. I wasn't under the impression that Gajeel received a massive boost in magical power upon eating the particles, but merely that he gained the ability to damage the particles.

Depending on whether or not the kurogane form is actually Dragon Force, Gajeel may have had an increase in attack power. This is speculation until further clarification. As of right now, I'm considering kurogane Gajeel's feats against Bloodman as being close to what he can do with his own power.

Boomburst

Reaction score
Country
United States
Why? Its not like he'd be able to hit Bloodman anyway. That aside, he'd never experienced Dragon Force before that moment.
I dunno how Dragon Force works exactly, but if people like Tartaros Natsu and current Wendy can enter it at will, current Gajeel should definitely be able to do the same, it just wouldnt make sense for him not to.
Tartaros Natsu could enter it at will because Tartaros Natsu was a fair bit stronger in terms of power and skill compared to OS Natsu, who needed Jellal's flames in order to enter it at the time. Wendy can enter it at will because Wendy is significantly stronger in terms of power and skill compared to Tartaros Wendy, who needed to absorb ethernano in order to enter it at the time. When we first saw Wendy enter DF at will after the timeskip, Lucy expressed surprise at it and Wendy (or Carla, I don't really remember) responded with something along the lines of "We haven't been sitting around this whole year doing nothing." This pretty strongly implied that entering DF at will was something Wendy only achieved during her training, not an ability she gained automatically after her fight with Ezel.

The same can't be said for Gajeel, however, whose power and skill hasn't changed in the slightest since his fight with Bloodman. Personally there isn't enough evidence for me to just hand Gajeel a free powerup that IMO would significantly boost his chances in this tournament.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We don't actually know if the form Gajeel used against Bloodman was Dragon Force, or not. I'm open to the possibility of it being dragon force, because of the scale patterns. However, strictly speaking, it was never referred to as dragon force. Keep in mind that the particles actually eats away at the ethernano within Gajeel's body, so it probably didn't give Gajeel a large amount of magical power. Also there was only a tiny amount of iron in the particles, so he probably didn't gain a massive power-up in that regard either. I wasn't under the impression that Gajeel received a massive boost in magical power upon eating the particles, but merely that he gained the ability to damage the particles.

Depending on whether or not the kurogane form is actually Dragon Force, Gajeel may have had an increase in attack power. This is speculation until further clarification. As of right now, I'm considering kurogane Gajeel's feats against Bloodman as being close to what he can do with his own power.
Yea, Hiro was a little unclear on what exactly the nature of his black iron mode was. Personally I'm leaning towards it being DF but I think it's definitely up for interpretation.

Axiomus

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Canada
For me, Zeref, Larcade, and Gajeel are a given in this match. The toss-up would be between Wall, Jacob, and Invel as they are all average Spriggans. Wall is the best fighter, Jacob has the best hax, and Invel is a fair balance. For this tournament, I have chosen to only use 3 out of my 4 votes.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Tartaros Natsu could enter it at will because Tartaros Natsu was a fair bit stronger in terms of power and skill compared to OS Natsu, who needed Jellal's flames in order to enter it at the time. Wendy can enter it at will because Wendy is significantly stronger in terms of power and skill compared to Tartaros Wendy, who needed to absorb ethernano in order to enter it at the time. When we first saw Wendy enter DF at will after the timeskip, Lucy expressed surprise at it and Wendy (or Carla, I don't really remember) responded with something along the lines of "We haven't been sitting around this whole year doing nothing." This pretty strongly implied that entering DF at will was something Wendy only achieved during her training, not an ability she gained automatically after her fight with Ezel.

The same can't be said for Gajeel, however, whose power and skill hasn't changed in the slightest since his fight with Bloodman. Personally there isn't enough evidence for me to just hand Gajeel a free powerup that IMO would significantly boost his chances in this tournament.
I agree with everything in the top paragraph. Yes, Natsu gained DF cause he was well beyond his OS self and yes Wendy didnt gain the ability immediately after her battle with Ezel, she achieved it because of her enormous leap in strength and skill over her year of training.

Dont agree with the bottom paragraph however, he doesnt need to increase in strength from when he fought Bloodman, because he was already well beyond Tartaros Natsu and current Wendy's strength. And as Axiomus pointed out, its also questionable that the MBPs actually boosted Gajeel's strength, considering they're poison. Is the tiny amount of iron contained in them really enough to trigger Dragon Force? Despite the fact that MBPs eat Ethernano, the source of magic? Seems more likely(to me at least) that Gajeel triggered Dragon Force through his emotional struggle while just using the MBPs to alter the property of his magic so he could hit Bloodman. Bloodman did say that changing the properties of Gajeel's element was the sole purpose of eating MBPs.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
just used the term power because Seven777 used it in the comment I was responding to, but my point still stands. If he was able to activate DF on his own there would have been no need to eat the MBP from Bloodman. And since Gajeel has made no progession in power or skill since then I just don't think it makes sense. That's like saying Natsu was able to activate DF by himself ever since his fight against Jellal, or against Zero.
Fair enough.

However Gajeel may have progressed far enough that he can use it now. His senses for example have improved (over the timeskip).

We don't actually know if the form Gajeel used against Bloodman was Dragon Force, or not. I'm open to the possibility of it being dragon force, because of the scale patterns. However, strictly speaking, it was never referred to as dragon force
It'd be long odds for it not to be Dragon Force. At least in Gajeel's mind - he was thinking about being last in activating Dragon Force. This is the probably the best we could get outside Bloodman saying "Dragon Force?!"

Jko

Reaction score
Country
United States
Larcade hype is dead, and he is just self hype at this point as August's whole spiel was about himself. He's middle of the S12 pack, but I don't see him on high tier level. His best magic is pleasure and the only person here we know has done the deed is Zeref so it's useless. I honestly don't see how he gets through, tbh he just wasn't that noteworthy.

**Silver**

Reaction score
Country
Finland

even Laxus and God Serena doesent have acces to Dragon Force ???:cheez:cheez

LaGOAT

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
u know whats funny second gen DS has always been Superior to 1st and 3rd not until natsu went DF against zeref is when finally that cycle broke. but i do think that was DF from gajeel or else we would have known plus its a temporary power up logically speaking he should have it but he has to show it
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Larcade hype is dead, and he is just self hype at this point as August's whole spiel was about himself. He's middle of the S12 pack, but I don't see him on high tier level. His best magic is pleasure and the only person here we know has done the deed is Zeref so it's useless. I honestly don't see how he gets through, tbh he just wasn't that noteworthy.
he also has hunger and sleep he can pretty much no diff any1

Globear

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Australia
So I'm um new but I'd still like to vote and I'm not very good at power stuff but I'm gonna try!

Well Zeref obviously I mean he's super strong, experienced and invincible (at least currently)
Then Gajeel, I'd put him up with the s class wizards in terms of strength and we know they're up there in terms of power particularly if he has access to df.
Third would be Wall/Whal/Wahl since he almost got the better of Laxus and stuff
Fourth Jacob because Jacob can overpower anyone +.+ I believe in him!

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
Reaction score
Country
India
So I'm um new but I'd still like to vote and I'm not very good at power stuff but I'm gonna try!

Well Zeref obviously I mean he's super strong, experienced and invincible (at least currently)
Then Gajeel, I'd put him up with the s class wizards in terms of strength and we know they're up there in terms of power particularly if he has access to df.
Third would be Wall/Whal/Wahl since he almost got the better of Laxus and stuff
Fourth Jacob because Jacob can overpower anyone +.+ I believe in him!
Nice to see here Globie.I am the King.

But don't you think Jacob has attitude problem.He should cast Transport but he rarely does.

Globear

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Nice to see here Globie.I am the King.

But don't you think Jacob has attitude problem.He should cast Transport but he rarely does.
Hu Hu +.+

Well perhaps a little bit of an attitude problem but he sure has the power capability to be like BAM and I personally think here that's where it counts? Unless I misunderstand something of coursies.
Besiiiddeess dear Jacob would definitely use it where it counts.
*Im also assuming it takes alota magical power.

Raven

Registored User
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Hu Hu +.+

Well perhaps a little bit of an attitude problem but he sure has the power capability to be like BAM and I personally think here that's where it counts? Unless I misunderstand something of coursies.
Besiiiddeess dear Jacob would definitely use it where it counts.
*Im also assuming it takes alota magical power.
I voted jacob because he one shot them all. He will ruleeeeee

+.+

Asorx

Reaction score
Country
Poland
1. Jacob. No one have boobs so he beat them so easy :hip
2. Larcade
3. Zeref
4. Gajeel or Invel i dont know :-_-

Globear

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I voted jacob because he one shot them all. He will ruleeeeee

+.+
Besides from Zeref since he's currently viewed as undefeatable (minus whatever Mavis says) but yes +.+
I think Jacob is very bery underated 90% of the time
Globearisms =-=

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
1. Zeref
2. Wall
3. Jacob
4. Gajeel

I would put Invel there but his "instant" freeze won't work because he was doing that off guard, same with Ice Lock and Ice Slave.

it wouldn't work on Wall because he is not human and Gajeel blitzes him before he even does that.

Larcade gets stomped by anyone.

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
This one is first difficult one so far to judge because we have a lot of fighters around the same lvl—in cases like this, technique, hax, intellect, survivability would have to be considered.

1) Zeref (obviously)
2) Larcade (3rd strongest S12)
3) Jacob (disappears & *claps* is too haxx)
4) Ajeel (great power, plus sand world has great AOE & applications which is suitable for fighting many combatants at the same time)
5) Gageel (his DF and shadow is pretty good, but I question his sustainability in Iron Dragon Force and stamina)
6) Invel (he's pretty good for a secretary of the S12, he has decent hax & armour, but his combative skills are lacking, probably because he is a secretary).
7) Wall (has potential to be above with his analytical prowess & technology but otherwise too straightforward forward in his method of approaching combat, especially against a sea of haxx and good techniques).
8) Elfman (talk about out of place lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.