Group - Group D | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Group Group D

Which 4 advance?

• Ajeel

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • Elfman

Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Gajeel

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • Invel

Votes: 49 57.0%
  • Jacob

Votes: 24 27.9%
  • Larcade

Votes: 70 81.4%
  • Wall

Votes: 41 47.7%
  • Zeref

Votes: 85 98.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
This is a stacked group - one third of the Savage Six, 5 Spriggan 12's and the legendary Black Wizard.

Still I consider Zeref, Larcade and Gajeel locks for progression. Wall is my next pick. After that it would be a toss-up between Invel/Ajeel/Jacob. So this group really has 7 legit contenders.

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
After reading some posts, I'm changing my votes to Zeref, Invel, Gajeel and Jacob. Reason being that Larcade will likely get taken out by Zeref really quickly, which also detracts from Wahl since his opponents won't be suffering from Larcade's hax.
Gajeel (i assumed he was able to enter DF at will since it wasn't triggered by an external source in his fight against Bradman)
Actually I think it was, he "metabolized the minuscule amount of iron present in the magic barrier particles".

JuraNeekis>Gildarts

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Lamia Scale
1. Larcade Dragneel - Clearly the strongest on the list here without a doubt he has multiple spells that can kill you in an instant thus his ranking on this list. In my opinion he can one shot everyone on this list.

2. Invel Yura - To be honest, this Mage deserves to be her just because of the respect he has from zeref and the dedication to his cause. If gray didn't think Juvia was dead he would have lost to this guy hands down. However Nakama Power Ups do what Nakama Power Ups do am I right? This guy in my opinion has the potential of mid diffing Gildarts.

3. Wall Eechto - He would have wrekt Laxus if freed wouldn't have left Jutsu shiki barrier for laxus. He would destroy him no problem.

4. Jacob Lessio - He fought natsu and lucy with ease until the whole guild came back. Came close to killing everyone in fairy tail, and is the greatest assassin in the world. Basically a killing machine.

5. Ajeel Ramal - His fight with erza showed us that he had potential, he would have killed erza if it would not be for the Jupiter cannon. And his ultimate ability is impressive. However him later bein taken out by the combined effort of Elfman and Lissana made his feats crash down harder then my girl did on me which is really hard.

6. Gajeel Redfox - Beat Bradman with extreme difficulty which I not easy to do. Not enough strength to be on the top 4. Even though his DF is relevantly good.

7. Zeref - In my opinion he is a really weak character prior to the time he got fairy heart. He was getting 100-0 by natsu twice. Admitted inferiority to Acnologia. If we are talking the new Zeref then he would be first and everyone would shift down a spot.

8. Elfman Strauss - Are you kidding me. How is he even in this thread XD Prettyvirrelevant an weak character for the people on this list. Outranked here. This forum could have changed to another character to make it more fair.

Although in my opinion Jura Neekis of the WS could one shot everyone apart from Larcade. :D

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
After reading some posts, I'm changing my votes to Zeref, Invel, Gajeel and Jacob. Reason being that Larcade will likely get taken out by Zeref really quickly, which also detracts from Wahl since his opponents won't be suffering from Larcade's hax.

Actually I think it was, he "metabolized the minuscule amount of iron present in the magic barrier particles".
Holy shit, you're right ! Thanks dude, i really should re-read old chapters onne of these days :derp
That was the reason why i thought (and still think) what we've seen from Gajeel wasn't Dragon Force but just a usual i-eat-an-element-and-i-power-up kind of power-up from him.
Well, in that case i'm really starting to doubt Gajeel passes this battle.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well if it is not DF then Gajeel isn't going to pass this round.

As @MLG Bradman made a good point,it may not be a DF after all.So should i change my vote to Wahl instead.

HybridTheory

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
01 - Zeref Dragneel
02 - Etherious Larcade
03 - Gajeel Redfox
04 - Invel Yura
05 - Wall Eehto
06 - Jacob Lessio
07 - Ajeel Ramal
08 - Elfman Strauss

Cosmicstar

Reaction score
Country
United States
Jacobs transport one shots everyone who doesn't posses spacial negation magic. Nobody in this group has shown that ability.

Invel freezes everybody. Give him the benefit of the doubt on Ajeel.

After those two I really don't know. I do know however that Elfman is a non factor. Same with Gajeel.

Unnamed Namesake

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This is a stacked group - one third of the Savage Six, 5 Spriggan 12's and the legendary Black Wizard.

Still I consider Zeref, Larcade and Gajeel locks for progression. Wall is my next pick. After that it would be a toss-up between Invel/Ajeel/Jacob. So this group really has 7 legit contenders.
This group may have seven legit fighters, but it only has ONE LEGIT MAN!

Gryffindor

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Likely in the minority, but I don’t think Gajeel has access to DF at all.
1) It was never stated to be Dragon Force. Bloodman referred to the new mode as Jet Black Iron. Throughout the series, every time a character has accessed Dragon Force, there has been a statement confirming it.
For Natsu: Against Jellal, Erza confirmed it was DF, against Zero, Zero himself confirmed it was DF(I think, I don’t recall this one that well), against Mard Geer, Mard himself confirmed it was DF, and most recently against Zeref, Mavis confirmed it was DF. Hiro likes to make it obvious to the readers when it’s Dragon Force even when it isn’t necessary, we know when Natsu has entered DF because of the visible scales on his body yet Hiro still adds the statement confirming the obvious.
The same applies to Wendy, against Ezel, Carla confirmed it. Against Avatar, Lucy confirmed it. It wasn’t confirmed against DiMaria, Irene, or Acnologia, but it’s obvious because of the hair change (the shading style changes)and the addition of wings on her ankles. Plus it would become too repetitive to acknowledge considering the amount of times Wendy has used DF compared to everyone else(referring to this arc).

2)I remember comments stating that the flashback of Sting telling Gajeel he had finally activated Dragon Force pretty much confirm he had entered the mode.
This is a mistranslation, Sting’s comments were about Gajeel experiencing motion sickness and finally becoming “one of them”. The flashback portion with Sting in it was from the Chariots event during the GMG. The Crunchyroll translation confirms this. I could be wrong but I'm sure I'm remembering it correctly, unfortunately I don’t have access to the official translation of Chapter 487, but maybe someone can provide it.
Gajeel’s entire flashback was centered on how he was always left out or left behind in everything involving a Dragon Slayer(the natural ones) despite being one himself. Natsu and Wendy had an exceed while he didn’t, everyone experienced motion sickness but him, and with Wendy finally attaining DF, he was the only one to still not access it. But with Levy suffering from the MBP’s, he decided that he no longer cared about any of that, he only cared about protecting her. My interpretation of that whole scene is that it’s something unique to his character in that his priority is no longer strength or being “one of the guys(DS)”, he only cares about Levy so I’m honestly expecting him to never get DF as that is the direction his character took.

3)As for ripping Bloodman apart with sheer punches, it isn’t because he became grossly overpowered. It’s because of the nature of Bloodman’s body composition(see @MLG Bradman post). He’s made of MBP and was immune to physical attacks, but with Gajeel chaging his magical properties to adapt to Bloodman, Gajeel was able to rip apart the particles that made up his body, which is why when Gajeel punches him, you see visible holes in Bloodman.
Plus every time a DS has accessed DF from external means, it’s been via ethernano if I recall correctly(Etherion and FACE-the 2 devices that kept Alvarez in check), why would consuming minuscule amounts of iron lead to the large increase of power that comes with Dragon Force?

Anyway, my point isn’t to say Gajeel isn’t strong. He certainly is and he’s definitely in contention to move on from this group. It’s just to say he doesn’t have DF. It isn’t a deal breaker (at least not for me), I’m pretty dang sure Gajeel can drop a team of Elfman and Lisanna, who in turn beat a Spriggan who is in this group, I’m pretty dang sure Gajeel won’t get dropped by Gray the way Invel did, pretty sure Gajeel can give Natsu a fight far better than the one Jacob can, plus like @MLG Bradman said Gajeel can probably eat Wall lol.

Zeref and Larcade are automatic votes for me. The last 2 votes will be between Gajeel/Invel/Wall/Ajeel/Jacob, but leaning to a three-way between Gajeel/Invel/Wall.
Sorry Elfman:p

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
@Gryffindor I'm glad i'm not the only one advocating the fact that what we've seen isnt DF Gajeel. Thanks for the post =)

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Jacob stealth and kill everyone or use teleport. He is pretty much like Dimaria.

1. Zeref
2. Larcade
3. Gajeel
4. Jacob

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
  1. Zeref
    • Easily the most OP person (why was he even allowed in the tournament honestly?).
  2. Jacob
    • Stealth will let him hide his presence while the others duke it out.
  3. Invel
    • One of the most lethal. Wide AoE, good hax, and cunning skills is why I put him on the list.
  4. Ajeel
    • Before you guys go crazy and say I'm crazy for picking a guy who Elf and Lis beat, Ajeel has shown the most maneuverability out of everyone here. His ability to assimilate into the ground and he can use SW means he can hide anywhere and attack from anywhere which makes him very hard to beat in a battle royal. Out of everyone beside Zeref he's the hardest to hit.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Ajeel, Gajeel, Larcade, and Zeref. Last two, for obvious reasons. Gajeel is pretty good. I don't remember anything about Ajeel though.

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Zeref, Gajeel, Larcade, Wahl in that order.
Gajeel imo can def go DF at will, dude cant be the only DS who cant activate DF. If Wendy can do it, he should be able to, but if worst comes to worst he can take a bite out of Wahl.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zeref, Gajeel, Larcade, Wahl in that order.
Gajeel imo can def go DF at will, dude cant be the only DS who cant activate DF. If Wendy can do it, he should be able to, but if worst comes to worst he can take a bite out of Wahl.
Just because Wendy can do it doesn't mean he can too. He even admitted it before he defeated Bloodman. Not to mention there's no guarantee that power up he used to beat him is permanent nor has it been claimed that's DF

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just because Wendy can do it doesn't mean he can too. He even admitted it before he defeated Bloodman. Not to mention there's no guarantee that power up he used to beat him is permanent nor has it been claimed that's DF
Gajeel had yet to taste Dragon Force before his fight with Bradman, now that he has he should be able to activate it. No guarantee but imo its pretty much certain. the original Dragon Slayers are all gonna do something later in the manga, and they're all gonna be in Dragon Force when they do it imo.

Star Frost

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gajeel had yet to taste Dragon Force before his fight with Bradman, now that he has he should be able to activate it. No guarantee but imo its pretty much certain. the original Dragon Slayers are all gonna do something later in the manga, and they're all gonna be in Dragon Force when they do it imo.
Natsu and Wendy had needed an external source to activate theirs but couldn't do it again until they trained (with the exception of Natsu doing it in Tartarus which he could only maintain it for a short time). Maybe it'll the same for Gajeel which how he did it is the same way how he defeated Torafuzar which that one was temporary. Gonna have to wait and see if it is permanent so until then it should be known to be temporary.

Holt

#1 Ranker
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Easily the toughest group..or well, the one where it's hardest to pick who advances. Asides for Zeref (making it through) and Elfman (not making it through), there aren't any other particularly obvious picks. Anyway Zeref aside, I'll need to pick 3 more, so here's my reasoning...Besides Zeref, Larcade is the next strongest in this group imo. He showed enough of this strength when he used his fingers to block Kagura's sword and also when he fought sting...and he did also take a blast from Zeref despite being wounded already without dying. However, his magic will affect all here except Wall, and though it won't be a serious threat to Zeref, I believe it would still be an inconvenience (Zeref did tell him to stop in the past) and considering Zeref will have the easiest time taking him out, I'd wager that's precisely what he would do. Also, even if zeref didn't take him out, everyone else besides wahl will likely target him due to his magic. Either way (though mostly because of Zeref), I'd say Larcade doesn't go through.

As for Gajeel, regardless of if that was DF or just another mode, I wouldn't say he can do it at will. Conditions were needed for him to activate that mode, and he is unlike wendy and Natsu who at least showed DF before the timeskip and thus can be argued that they learnt or practiced activating it. He even admitted as much in his fight. Without it, he is just a cut above elfman in this battle, so although he is a favorite of mine, I'd say he doesn't make it as well. I mean, Invel tanked Ice devil slayer hits, Mira barely beat Jacob though he kept closing his eyes. Ajeel did best Erza one on one, and Wall went toe to toe with Laxus for the most part so there isn't anyone besides Elfman here that Gajeel can defeat without DF or a superior mode, and I doubt he can do it at will. Wall being a machias is a possible food source but Wall will simply switch to beams and lasers that don't utilize iron, and I'm not giving Gajeel a pass on being able to eat Wall himself.

That leaves, Invel, Wall, Ajeel and Jacob. Of these 4, I would go for Ajeel falling short. Or perhaps I should say he is the least likely to advance even with the use of Sand world. Wall's weakness could bring water into play, and he does have heat seeking missles as well as the ability to lock onto a target. Jacob's transport and stealth will basically allow him slip through most of the battle unhindered even if he doesn't do much. Invel has his powerful ice magic which was enough to freeze Natsu's flames and Natsu himself (compared to Natsu blasting Ajeel's sand). So by means of elimination, I would go for Zeref, Invel, Wall and Jacob. Well the last option could really be Jacob or Gajeel tbh, but for reasons stated, I'll go with Jacob. I do look forward to see more points for each participant though. It was hard enough picking 4 and my mind is hardly set of the options

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Natsu and Wendy had needed an external source to activate theirs but couldn't do it again until they trained (with the exception of Natsu doing it in Tartarus which he could only maintain it for a short time). Maybe it'll the same for Gajeel which how he did it is the same way how he defeated Torafuzar which that one was temporary. Gonna have to wait and see if it is permanent so until then it should be known to be temporary.
It might be temporary, but imo it isnt. At this point in the manga Gajeel should be at a level of power where he can activate it himself, and him being the only Eclipse Dragon Slayer to not be able to also seems incredibly unlikely. So i personally, will be treating it as permanent.

Status
Not open for further replies.