Games - Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game?

steelwingcrash1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If I am not mistaken, its impossible to use Serus against Lapis because he reduces everyone's MP to 0/0. xD

Paper

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
You can just recover your mana. if not, you can always rely on healing items.

AL_Briton

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Honduras
Final boss of Metroid Prime for the game cube. Never finish the dame game...
Mike Tyson in Punch out hahaha, i almost broke my Nintendo control
Most bosses in DMC3, DMC4 bosses are very easy in comparison.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
The End (MGS 3)
Gaoh (Samurai Shodown 6)
Lucifer (SMTN)
Chaos (FF nes)
Yiazmat (FF12...for the time length alone -__-)

There are a couple more but I'm having some trouble recollecting right now...I usually have trouble with overall difficulty as oppose just bosses like GOW 2 Titan mode, DMC 3 Dante Must Die, Ninja Gaiden Master Ninja etc

Zeltrax

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Lucifer was a pain and freaking hard to kill in Devil Survivor.

I can't remember how many times I wanted to give up but I pressed on, thinking there might be a hidden scene/story/day in the game after I kill him.

..I was wrong :-_-

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lucifer was a pain and freaking hard to kill in Devil Survivor.

I can't remember how many times I wanted to give up but I pressed on, thinking there might be a hidden scene/story/day in the game after I kill him.

..I was wrong :-_-
SMT series has been known to contain hard bosses/enemies. Whenever Lucifer is in a game as a boss he's usually pretty annoying/hard. He was hard in SMTN because he was hard to damage ( you had to have your characters learn a specific passive ability) and he had a lot of HP, defeating him gave you the true ending for the game (the canon one).

More hard bosses

Omega (FF 5)
Freya (Star Ocean Until the End of Time)
Iseria Queen (Valkyrie Profile)
Queen Larsa (Mushihime-sama Futari) -__-

warbandit66

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Gill (Street Fighter 3: Third Strike)

That guy would bypass your guard with his attacks and stun you with little effort. To make things worse he would resurrect himself after K.O. if his super combo bar maxed out.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Dunno, when I get into a game it usually gets fairly easy halfway through and the bosses end up being easy. I played FFVIII where ultimecia was supposed to be the strongest around but even that was remarkably easier than what I expected(she was ranked in the 25 most dificult bosses according to IGN or whatever).

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
The Arishok duel in Dragon Age 2 as a Mage.
Ser Cathurien encounter in Dragon Age: Origins
The Harvester in Dragon Age Origins: Awakening

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dunno, when I get into a game it usually gets fairly easy halfway through and the bosses end up being easy. I played FFVIII where ultimecia was supposed to be the strongest around but even that was remarkably easier than what I expected(she was ranked in the 25 most dificult bosses according to IGN or whatever).
I agree with you. Usually bosses are only hard if you aren't prepared or intimately familiar with the game. Bosses that I tend to consider hard are those they require lots of additional leveling up, special items etc and have tonnes of hp to boot since its going to be a battle of endurance.

Square doesn't really make hard bosses in FF storylines, since they even want the most casual of gamers to be able to beat them. I never considered Ultimecia a hard boss. Omega Weapon was harder but I fought him/it under the cover of Holy War so lol

This arcade boss was annoying, what a way to eat away tokens -__-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQZuidKexBQ

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Atually the omega dude was not that easy. It took a long time overall. I guess it was not hard once you set the characters to be immune to death (basically getting past the first turn lol).

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States
I used the Holy War item, made my party invincible the whole battle (well its does wear off after awhile after which you just re-use...talk about cheap lol)

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
IMO, the hardest boss in a game will never com from a RPG. With the correct amount of time/xp/farming/ ... every BOSS is more than possible in a RPG (... and FF8 being a RPG & a game where invincibility was achieved via an item easy to get ...)

But with other games where reflexes/overall gamer skills are needed, you can find boss that are nearly impossible to beat.

Personnally, old shoot-em up is where you will find very hard games ... I usually got game over before the end of the first level in this kind of games ... so, I don't even talk about the end-boss

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
IMO, the hardest boss in a game will never com from a RPG. With the correct amount of time/xp/farming/ ... every BOSS is more than possible in a RPG (... and FF8 being a RPG & a game where invincibility was achieved via an item easy to get ...)

But with other games where reflexes/overall gamer skills are needed, you can find boss that are nearly impossible to beat.

Personnally, old shoot-em up is where you will find very hard games ... I usually got game over before the end of the first level in this kind of games ... so, I don't even talk about the end-boss
Can't say my experience with non rpg suggests such a thing lol. Most bosses from most games tend to end up having a pattern for the most part. Once you get that they are all the same.

cracker

Reaction score
Country
United States

In the end all bosses in every game are beatable unless for reason or other they are designed to be unbeatable and thats usually due to plot or something. Its true some bosses that require reflexes/ overall game skills are hard to beat, but they are some RPG bosses they will kick your asses regardless of time/xp/farming.

Yiazmat for FF12 is such a boss, its an rpg but without the right approach he'll kill a max party with best equipment...the dude has 50 mil hp -___-

And I lot of people didn't know about the Holy War thing during their first go through FF8, so Omega Weapon was a bitch for most. If memory serves, you got the item from card modding a very rare card in the game.

Can't say my experience with non rpg suggests such a thing lol. Most bosses from most games tend to end up having a pattern for the most part. Once you get that they are all the same.
I agree, just that sometimes some have some ridiculous pattern to get use to...to the average game r-type and gradius have some bosses that would make them weep and I'm not even touching the Mushihime-sama Futari topic -___-

Host Samurai

Reaction score
Country
Germany
For me the toughest boss that I fought was in God of War 2 the giant from Rhodes. In God of War 3 I have to say Hades and Zeus especially the latter. But the fight against Hades was memorable.

zelllogan

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
For me the toughest boss that I fought was in God of War 2 the giant from Rhodes. In God of War 3 I have to say Hades and Zeus especially the latter. But the fight against Hades was memorable.
I never could beat Zeus in God of War 3 ... and didn't beat the final boss of god of war 1 either ...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
The last boss in Legend of Dragoon. It was an RPG but the combat required timed button pressing.

Combine that with the fact that it took my lvl 80ish characters 3 hours and every healing item and mana potion in my inventory(and i had maxed out 99 of most stuff going into that fight) and you can imagine how brutal that battle was.

Man, if i had lost that fight at 2 hours and 30 mins in i never would have played that game again and probably smashed my controller into a thousand little pieces.

-----------

Also had some really tough Bosses in Sacred 2 playing on Niob. Where everything autolevels to like 10-20 levels higher then you.

Last edited:

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
There's a pretty tough boss in Gothic 2, when the expansion is installed...the Fire Dragon...and the reason is the terrain and the fact that it regenerates...for those who played the game...well you know regeneration is very valuable in gothic

HegemonKhan

Reaction score
Country
United States
hoy boy, this is a great thread, but there's so so so so so many bosses, that it's really hard to remember all of them, and than which were hard, lol.

------------------------------------

so, I'll talk about them more in general on the subject (until I find time to go and look up which were the ones I had trouble with, lol):

1. if bosses are beatable, they can be beaten, as they're static programs, and once you learn their programing, you can develop/adapt a strategy to win.

2. bosses can be hard, due to requiring a trick or tricks to beat them, they have to be played in a different way, or to use different means, than you normally do with normal bosses.

3. bosses can be hard, simply because they require you to level up much more than you expect you need to be in clvl.

4. for action games, obviously bosses are hard due to all the things you have to avoid being shot at you or whatever, multiple things to visually watch, can make such bosses hard.

5. for action games, also bosses can be hard due to poor or limited game play control of your character or whatever.

------------------------------

in general, most more recent games are extremely easy with very easy bosses, especially with RPGs, as they want you to be able to beat it, so you can play and enjoy the entire game and its story.

Now, for challenge, they'll through in special or hidden hard bosses, for challenge, but they are often side-quest and non-required bosses.

------------------------------

However, if you go back to NES games, it was all about difficulty, I mean what game nowadays gives you such satisfaction that you were just-even able to beat the game? NES games were extremely hard to beat, unlike later games, that went uber easy. Beating a NES game was such an accomplishment, as they were truly difficult to beat, as back then, they didn't care if people could not beat their games, got stuck, or complained about them being too hard and whatever.

Last edited: