Games - Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game? | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Hardest Boss you've ever fought in a game?

zelllogan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
LOD ... I had no trouble with the endboss and I certainly wasn't at that level . Weird.

Kokuryuu

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Any boss in The King of Fighters saga, especially Rugal.

TheMoa

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Aries from GoW.... he wasn't that hard, but I got in a slump. I was so pissed with the weapon change and his counters that I wasn't thinking straight... I was just dying out here for hours.
Then my brother forced me to take a break(his console). When I come back I just beat the crap out of Aries in the second try(what make more pissed since he wasn't that hard).

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Either Ruby or Emerald Weapon from FF7. Cloud was such a bad-ass character back in the day.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I have to say that the The Harvester from Dragon Age(one of the expansions) was the hardest...hours and hours of gameplay went into defeating that ugly mofo...and the first part wasn't even that hard...I mean getting rid of the main body is not that difficult....but dealing with the second part, where all sorts of tough skeletons appear...:faint

Delbi

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
That God damn T-rex in the first Turok and half the bosses in the 1st Ninja Gaiden for Xbox take the cake for me.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Can't say my experience with non rpg suggests such a thing lol. Most bosses from most games tend to end up having a pattern for the most part. Once you get that they are all the same.
Play the orginal Ninja Gaiden for Xbox on Hard and get back to me.

kakashi919

Reaction score
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
Super Contra final boss or Ruby Weapon from FF7.

Ruby Weapon was just... :fail

jamesem92

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
England
I found Ozma in Final Fantasy IX to be tough.
However if you did the sidequest before hand, Doomsday (one of his toughest moves) can actually benefit you, if you use equipment that absorbs shadow.
The move that gives you the status effects made it awful.

Both the weapons in Final Fantasy VIII took me a while as well. With Omega, the patterned move set meant it was more a case of just healing at the right time, and quick enough between attacks.

... Luckily Pheonix rescued me in all three of those fights.

I also found Onox's dragon form at the end of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons tough, but I was 9 during my first playthrough. Although he's supposed to be one of the hardest Zelda bosses.

Gantzter127

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I don't know actually... Maybe Raam from gears of war 1 on insane difficulty when I was like 13 or something, it'd be so easy now, I just gotta find the disk.

mak123

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Jimpachi from tekken 5. I hate him!

REN KOUEN

Reaction score
Country
United States
without a doubt the omega weapon on FFXII or yiazmat (more for the time than anything else)

those two are not only rediculously difficult (even for a level 99 party) but on FFxii its harder to make your team dominant like the older games (you could basically build an invincible team in FF7, 8 or 10) but you would think you could at least beat some of these bosses at level 99 unless my brothers party just wasnt built right

personally i never played ffxii that much but, i did try to beat these two bosses with my brothers party, it wasnt happening :(

---------- Post added at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 AM ----------

I found Ozma in Final Fantasy IX to be tough.
However if you did the sidequest before hand, Doomsday (one of his toughest moves) can actually benefit you, if you use equipment that absorbs shadow.
The move that gives you the status effects made it awful.

Both the weapons in Final Fantasy VIII took me a while as well. With Omega, the patterned move set meant it was more a case of just healing at the right time, and quick enough between attacks.

... Luckily Pheonix rescued me in all three of those fights.

I also found Onox's dragon form at the end of The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons tough, but I was 9 during my first playthrough. Although he's supposed to be one of the hardest Zelda bosses.
yea i admit that ozma from ffIXwas a badass, but i used amarant freya eiko and zidane and took him out at level 67

i just used the attacks with freya (dragon crest) amarants chaakra ability and zidanes dyne attack to take 9999 every chance i could and spammed eiko's pheonix summoning
and i barely won but im sure if my level would have been higher than 67 the fight may have been a bit easier, the hardest thing about ozma is that his attacks are so random, so depending on what attack pattern he has he is either beatable or unbeatable, regardless of what you do

about omega in ffVIII this guy was REALLY hard, i just spammed the lion heart, the angelo limit break with rinoa, and tried to use ever GF that i had and i was also bailed out by the phoenix flame, the amazing thing about phoenix in FFVIII is that you can only cast it with a phoenix pinion , and then later in the fight phoenix may or may not appear on his own so after omega wiped my party out with that mageto flame attack or whatever its called, i saw the drop and the phoenix flame

i was amazed , and i used a megalixer a her drink or two and wound up winning the fight, once again by the skin of my teeth

Kamui

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Xigbar boss battle in Kingdom Hearts BBS on Terra's story. I'm a noob and I'm probably making it way harder than it should be but meh.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Well, I never beat nemesis in FFX so that would be it. Though I never tried more than a couple of times because even one try could take about an hour and you still wouldn't be close to beating him. The only other boss whom I remember giving me trouble is demise from skyward sword in the trial battle. It took me quite a few times to get it right. I would like to say a few more superbosses from FF but in the end they are all easy with the right gear or weapons for the most part. Except penance, you are assumed to have the best weapons, gear and pretty much max level to have a reach chance....

Temperance

The Red Spear
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
France
It is litteraly The Nameless King in Dark Souls 3:gwah
I never beat him, though I wouldn't refuse any advices :errr

EmberSpirit

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I am not counting RPG bosses that require stats.
Also not counting games that are difficult for the sake of being difficult.

That leaves either Absolute Radiance or Nightmare King Grimm from Hollow Knight.

BlackTiger

Banned
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Jinpachi Mishima. That foot stomp stunned my character several times and that fire beast from his mouth mostly 1 hit ko my character

SonOfDaws

Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
It is litteraly The Nameless King in Dark Souls 3:gwah
I never beat him, though I wouldn't refuse any advices :errr
Wow... Best of luck with Midir then :lmao

Him or Slave Knight were undoubtably the ones I had the most trouble with. Frieda is up there too, but she was more annoying than hard

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Darkeater Midir is also one of the toughest bosses in video games, I agree.

Equaling Heaven

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Miguel - Chrono Cross.
Magaki - The King of Fighters XI.
Kurt Zisa - Kingdom Hearts.
Darklurker - Dark Souls 2.
Ares - God of War.
(Blind Run) Ozma - Final Fantasy IX.
Yogg-Saron - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.
Weapon's Refrain - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood.

Static

Reaction score
Country
India
Miguel - Chrono Cross.
Magaki - The King of Fighters XI.
Kurt Zisa - Kingdom Hearts.
Darklurker - Dark Souls 2.
Ares - God of War.
(Blind Run) Ozma - Final Fantasy IX.
Yogg-Saron - World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King.
Weapon's Refrain - Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood.
Darklurker was pretty awesome and hard :XD although he is definitely in my top 3 hardest bosses of Dark Souls, I personally found Sir Alonne to be the most difficult to fight because of his speed. And if we include BS bosses, then no one even comes close to the level of BS'ery of Lud and Zallen.