Quarterfinal - Holo vs Hinata Hyuuga | Page 6 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Holo vs Hinata Hyuuga

Who wins?

• Holo

• Hinata Hyuuga

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti Hero 3:16

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I nominated a supporting character but her personality was present. Supporting characters are sometimes better than mains. What are Hinata's goals? What are her fears? What motivates her? What does she do in her spare time? I've only seen snippets of Naruto and I can tell you I know nothing about Hinata. :s
Hinata definitely was more likable than sakura who was annoying stupid idiot and shoved down our faces imo.

Reaction score
Country
United States

Is he ur source of inspiration for tht name ?
Correct by far the biggest icon and megastar of prowrestling.
I grew up watching these guys.
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
:huh: But I m not pure enough to write tht holy book.

1-Her goal was to be an independent person and overcome her weakness of being timid and get to the stature where she can walk besides Naruto as equal. She also wanted to eliminate tht hate betn mains and branch families and make things alright with NEJI.
2- She fears /ed a lot of things. The Team 10 disbanding possibility, losing her sister, the very fundamental basic of confrontation, the fear to hurt others etc
3- The motivation tht Naruto who was regarded as failure made his way up with his constant not giving up attitude and she was inspired from him as she shared same fate there with her being labelled as incapable and failure too.
4- :hurrShe makes scarfs, used to play with her sister HANABI, went around looking at village without informing etc. Now, she visits the NEJI's grave, teaches HIMAWARI things, goes to market to buy things , goes to her father's house, and also takes care of his son BORUTO.

There is a lot to her shown in many diverse mediums.
What is her greatest fear and how has she delt with it?

Take Working!! For example, one character doesn't speak and is super shy because she is afraid of saying the wrong thing. She also over analyses and doesn't know how to communicate. It affected her relationship with her daughter and her husband had to create a guild book to understand her. She wasn't in the manga much but that personality was way more than Hinata. I mean her goals are pretty generic and lack lustre.

lakhan220

Reaction score
Country
India
You sit there and you thump your Bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16... Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass!

Good, he is one of the best of attitude eras. The best era there was in WWE. :errr Most of the current ones are scrubs.

What is her greatest fear and how has she delt with it?
Well, I have described it in my post before abt her fear. She was the failure and how she decided tht she would change the status quo despite being branded failure. The dilemma she suffered due to her gentle nature, hesitation to hurt others and the prime requirement of HYUUGA clan's head to be stubborn, staunch and powerful totally clashed . After being discarded, her fear to how she did not want to feel a rejected one and how she cope uped with it is quite shown.

Inspired from actions of NARUTO, she decided to follow her own path..She quite a number of times failed at tht too as noted by KURENAI. She would suddenly lose motivation to fight, show compassion to her opponents, and at times no desire to win. Step by step, fight with NEJI, then training with him in ritual, her developing of new jutsu TWIN LIONS, etc all lead to her development within stages where she shedded apart one after another weaknesses.

So, I do think she has pretty well defined goal and her personality which was shaped accordingly in stages too. She was portrayed as a much original character to how a person faces different scenarios within certain point in times and deals accordingly.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
The point of it is that hate will and should be a part of the game, I'm not sure why you're dismissing it as though it's a cheap reason for losing. I understand how that can be unfair in Mirajane's case, but Erza and Natsu of all a FT characters aren't unfairly affected by the FT hate because they practically birthed it. No offence to their fans. It's fine to like a largely hated character, hence my avatar and sig. But it's also fine to hate them if you can back it up.
Ah, I see. Just to be clear, I was asking because I didn't understand what you were trying to say, and that it wasn't an attack or criticism on your post.

It is a cheap reason for losing. I mean, I don't regret voting against FT, but it is cheap when it should be about who the better waifu is. I mean, if Erza is a better waifu, then there's no reason for her to lose to whomever she's going up against.
Didn't Owen Hart fuck Austin up for life though? :heh

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Guys, make sure your posts are relevant to the topic at hand please which is who is the better waifu ;)

Reactions: Sky

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would say holo should win this given erza should have beaten hinata.

Luca Blight

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Vatican City State
Ah, I see. Just to be clear, I was asking because I didn't understand what you were trying to say, and that it wasn't an attack or criticism on your post.

It is a cheap reason for losing. I mean, I don't regret voting against FT, but it is cheap when it should be about who the better waifu is. I mean, if Erza is a better waifu, then there's no reason for her to lose to whomever she's going up against.

Didn't Owen Hart fuck Austin up for life though? :heh
No offense taken! Did I sound defensive? :P

If you dislike/hate someone, then they're bad wives from your perspective regardless of their characteristics or physical features. Erza's hotness or Hinata's gentleness won't be of much value when you dislike like the characters themselves!

These slang terms don't have a concrete definition. Everyone is interpreting "Waifu" their own ways, but to me the meaning is straightforward:
"An anime/manga/game girl you want to marry." (the reason is irrelevant)

Going by "stereotypical kind wife" standards, Hinata stomps most characters here including Holo. Otherwise it's entirely subjective. If you vote against Erza despite seeing her as a superior wife, then yes, that would be an unfair and strange thing to do!

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
No offense taken! Did I sound defensive? :P

If you dislike/hate someone, then they're bad wives from your perspective regardless of their characteristics or physical features. Erza's hotness or Hinata's gentleness won't be of much value when you dislike like the characters themselves!

These slang terms don't have a concrete definition. Everyone is interpreting "Waifu" their own ways, but to me the meaning is straightforward:
"An anime/manga/game girl you want to marry." (the reason is irrelevant)

Going by "stereotypical kind wife" standards, Hinata stomps most characters here including Holo. Otherwise it's entirely subjective. If you vote against Erza despite seeing her as a superior wife, then yes, that would be an unfair and strange thing to do!
No, just wanted to be clear as I didn't like my tone. :s

Not necessarily. I like Erza and Lucy, and I feel they'd have made better waifus than their competitions (maybe except for Hinata). Waifu in my definition is what would make the best wife, not necessarily the girl you wanna marry.

I'm not sure if Hinata can stomp most characters, other than probably being the most quiet/meek and most subservient. I don't know in Holo's case though, so I went with Hinata as I knew her most. /on topic

Status
Not open for further replies.