Games - Honkai: Star Rail | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Honkai: Star Rail

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
This launched recently and I'm aware some of us are playing, was wondering if anyone else was. Plus makes more sense to discuss it here instead of the Genshin thread.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ive been playing, got my first 5*...Welt.

Im still only in Belobog but at Rank 18 or so. Im really tempted to just find a way to grind levels so I can at least increase the player rank so I can ascension everyone again.

Every story battle has been a nailbiter, and I cant win against any of the monsters guarding chests.

Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Ive been playing, got my first 5*...Welt.

Im still only in Belobog but at Rank 18 or so. Im really tempted to just find a way to grind levels so I can at least increase the player rank so I can ascension everyone again.

Every story battle has been a nailbiter, and I cant win against any of the monsters guarding chests.
Is Welt a disapointment for you? He's pretty daddy... (and he's pretty strong too)

I'd recommend building March and Natasha, both free units. Also, even if you do end up pulling Gepard, the MC is very great to use past level 25ish or so as he unlocks another form. The core of March-Natasha-MC-DPS can auto you through most of the content up until you start unlocking more endgame stuff.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Is Welt a disapointment for you? He's pretty daddy... (and he's pretty strong too)

I'd recommend building March and Natasha, both free units. Also, even if you do end up pulling Gepard, the MC is very great to use past level 25ish or so as he unlocks another form. The core of March-Natasha-MC-DPS can auto you through most of the content up until you start unlocking more endgame stuff.
oh yeah Natasha i did make after you suggested it, her healing is great especially combined with best boy berserker Arlan, he's my main DPS especially when he crits, just as powerful if not more so than Trailblazer.

Welt has been great, honestly, to me, it seems AoE is > single target hitters. But also I'm starting to also think that characters who follow-up attack as well are also very important.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
oh yeah Natasha i did make after you suggested it, her healing is great especially combined with best boy berserker Arlan, he's my main DPS especially when he crits, just as powerful if not more so than Trailblazer.

Welt has been great, honestly, to me, it seems AoE is > single target hitters. But also I'm starting to also think that characters who follow-up attack as well are also very important.
That's fine, since the MC is better in other roles anyways

Welt is one of the most flexible units in the game. His ability to slow enemies down and even imprison them can make not having a tank as much of a detriment. And his first major Trace increases damage dealt to a target. Plus his own damage isn't bad, despite being slotted in that debuffer support role.

Follow-up attacks can be, especially in the simulated universe etc.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Follow-up attacks can be, especially in the simulated universe etc.
Does simulated universe allow as much variety for team builds as the Abyss does in Genshin or is simulated universe more of a One Team build is the only solution.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Does simulated universe allow as much variety for team builds as the Abyss does in Genshin or is simulated universe more of a One Team build is the only solution.
Way more IMO. Simply because the way in which you can choose your own Path and those upgrade in different ways and through progressing through the skill tree you can upgrade them more than once as well.

Just now I finally completed World 5 via Abundance Path and was able to upgrade the Path Resonance to not only cleanse all debuffs, but it also got it's own place in the turn order so it'd heal and cleanse automatically. It allowed me to bench Natasha and bring Dan Heng since I was struggling with only having Seele as the main DPS in my team since the boss wasn't weak to Quantum. It also prevented the boss from being able to stack a ramping damage buff it built by attacking me since the Path Resonance would automatically heal and cleanse me after every turn.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Next character I am to get are Luocha and Luka...Luocha will be in the 2nd half of June, so I have quite a while to save, and Luka, I guess will be in 1.2, only reason I can guess for why they showed him already

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
this is my progress. wbu?

I have unlocked my blessings and curio index. Havent met Ruan Mei yet.

Have cleared every unlocked worlds and difficulties in Simulated Universe.
I hope one day we get playable Aeons. Need Nanook.

Anyway youve gotten tons of characters leveled up, ive been hyper focused on like just my main DPS (Arlan and Mr. Yang)

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
yes, with all those various battle conditions, I need to go versatile and break enemy weaknesses. speaking of Arlan, I used to use him a lot but he has HP-consuming skill which made me put him aside :(
It's a good thing since he's a net-positive character since he doesn't consume skill points. It requires a healer to be viable of course, but I think he might be even better when Luocha comes out since he has passive healing that also doesn't consume skill points.

His main issue though is his damage numbers are just too low. If they were more competitive you'd see him a lot more, especially with Seele.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Blade will be even more severe since both his abilities will cost HP

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I dont mind self-inflicting HP characters, helps with skill point management...especially since Arlan talent lets him recover enough HP.

In Simulated Universe, you can also manage HP with the right blessings or with having enough shield. (Nihility w the recover HP from DoT + HP recovery from weakness break).

Jing Yuan is alright but in some cases (against those mid bosses that you dont want to hit sometimes) he puts himself in a bad spot.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
I set this song on repeat in the express. Sounds cute

I set mine to Space Walk, the song in the Main Control section of the Herta Space Station. favorite chill song.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
1.2 Stuff

First, I pulled for BLade and got him in just 30 warps, I currently have about 294 ready for e6 Luka on the update...

Plot...so far incredible, im in the Scalegorge Waterscape so there is a bit more to get through.

Difficult, the Malefic Ape has to be the hardest enemy, but also, imo, this update has just been hard in general. Luocha feels totally essentially, so I regret not getting him. Natasha and others just cant keep up with the healing. I also had to go back to using Destruction Trailblazer...

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Luocha is very powerful since he can heal without spending SP. He's great with Blade and other Desctruction characters and if you use him and Blade together it unlocks double DPS teams since there's so much free SP

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Omg I finally got Yanqing!!! (standard warp). He and arlan were like the characters to get me into the game, so Im so glad.

Anyway, met my goal of 360 Warp Tickets for Blade, Kafka, and Luka...Goal on the 9th, is to get E6 Luka. He's so cute.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I was about 4 summons into my next pity, got lucky with the 50/50 and got Kafka, but I only pulled Luka once unfortunately. Can't pull more really since I want both IL Dan and Fu Xuan.... sigh

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
alrighty, did 190 draws and got E6 Luka, one Kafka, another Yanqing, and also the Kafla Light Cone. Still have 136 left, guess I can get Imbibitor Lunae

I may actually though need to spend time drawing light cones, seriously have more characters than I have light cones

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
alrighty, did 190 draws and got E6 Luka, one Kafka, another Yanqing, and also the Kafla Light Cone. Still have 136 left, guess I can get Imbibitor Lunae

I may actually though need to spend time drawing light cones, seriously have more characters than I have light cones
Kind of surprised you pulled for a waifu...

Light Cones are for whales IMO, there's plenty of 4star and f2p options that are serviceable.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Kind of surprised you pulled for a waifu...

Light Cones are for whales IMO, there's plenty of 4star and f2p options that are serviceable.
I needed e6 Luka to round out my cute boys team (Luka, Arlan, Yanqing) actually have great chemistry. I need Gepard though to complete my dream team. Probably wil select him or Yanqing once I reach 300 on the standard banner.

I got too many characters too close together, so I havent done anything with her yet, beyond start to get a few relics on her,,,but a good Main Body piece continues to evade me.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
whats your dream team?
my dream team would be Luka, Arlan, Yanqing + a [Bennett-like] boy in HSR. but among the current cast, that final spot is Gepard, since shielding is actually incredibly important in this game (unlike in genshin)

I guess Healing is important, but in Simulated Universe, there are many ways to get healing (Nihility path + blessing that heals HP everytime an enemy takes DoT), and in non SU.