Discussion - How did Meliodas and Elizabeth meet? | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How did Meliodas and Elizabeth meet?

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
This is something I begun wondering after we saw Meliodas as his "old" self fighting Escanor. Based on what we saw it kinda looks like meliodas from back in the day was rather uncompromisingly evil and extremely vicious. Melascula even considered herself a dead woman the moment she saw Meliodas even though she was a fellow demon and at that point they were presumably on the same side.

Even Estarosa commented and praised Meliodas' reckless disregard for life and how he would kill without a speck of hesitation. So, if meliodas was as we just saw him then how exactly could Elizabeth and Meliodas could have met that did not result in Meliodas instantly killing elizabeth? The circumstances must have been rather extraordinary as old meliodas does not seem like the type that would be swayed by the power of boners. Or rather, he could be swayed by the power of boners but only murder got him off anyways.

So.... here are a few possibilities though most of them seem rather implausible:

1.- Diplomatic mission: Elizabeth and meliodas met before the war as a result of a diplomatic mission. What makes me doubt this though is that 10 commandments meliodas does not seem to have the tact to handle diplomacy. He seems like his views on diplomacy would match Ludociel's, which means his approach to it will be immensely practical in that if he commits genocide there is no need for diplomacy.

2.- They just.... ran into each other randomly? I guess if it's something entirely random and elizabeth doesn't provoke him them he might not murder her on the spot. Then shenanigans follow, maybe he cop a feel by accident, and the power of boners did the rest. I am not quite sure on how this would result in him going from his 10 commandment persona to the guy we know.

3.- Elizabeth met him, used her light based powers and then the evil was banquished or pushed back or whatever. Then the power of boners kicks in.

Anyways, those are the things I could come up with. I also have to wonder what exactly is mel's 10 commandments persona. I mean, it is quite a change and so far it seems like an entirely different persona. How does mel just revert to that? if he is aware of what he is doing then what exactly does this entail when it comes to taking responsibility for his actions? So far he seems like he doesn't even remember who he was...

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Whatever happened, I think the two of them were forced to spend a lot of time together alone.

I'm going to say that love bloomed on the battlefield and the two of them either, became familiar with one another after numerous fights, or they were separated from their respective clans somehow and were forced to work together to survive whatever situation they were in and grew closer that way. I'm leaning more towards the latter as it's a simple way to garner sympathy for the relationship as Mel probably hated the hell out of Elizabeth and wanted to kill her the first chance he got, but as per usual, she broke him down and and overcame his hate and fell in love with her or some nonsense.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Whatever happened, I think the two of them were forced to spend a lot of time together alone.

I'm going to say that love bloomed on the battlefield and the two of them either, became familiar with one another after numerous fights, or they were separated from their respective clans somehow and were forced to work together to survive whatever situation they were in and grew closer that way. I'm leaning more towards the latter as it's a simple way to garner sympathy for the relationship as Mel probably hated the hell out of Elizabeth and wanted to kill her the first chance he got, but as per usual, she broke him down and and overcame his hate and fell in love with her or some nonsense.
I can't imagine a situation that extreme to be honest. Elizabeth is definitely powerful however she is not quite a combatant as far as we know (though she did have a light sword when she was shown fighting the supreme goddess and demon king alongside meliodas). Besides, their thing must have happened before the holy war as far as we know. Not to mention that demons and goddesses are insanely resilient, given their healing and regenerative abilities it is hard to imagine a demon and goddess as powerful as they are would be impaired to such a degree. And even impaired, if you clock at over 100k then even skipping can take you a pretty long way.

Piety

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Gotei 13
Being the daughter of the GQ, Meliodas seen her as a good enemy and went up to her to fight but Elizabeth did not want to fight and gave a long speech about how fighting gets you no where and after a long book about that Meliodas seen her point of view and followed in her steps. I would go more in-depth but not sure how. Or They did fight and Meliodas noticed that she is a good opponent while she did not want to fight and Mel noticed it and stopped. Realizing fighting gets you no where.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
I think both of them met in the battlefield and somehow fell in love with each other.

Very similar to Inuyasha-Kikyo episode.

Skibbie

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
well it all started when Meliodas and Elizabeth gazed at one another.

Gojo Satoru

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is an old thread.

But we know that they met on a battle field where him and Zeldris got confronted by her possibly she had came to fight them both by herself cause we know how confident she is in herself like when she said she would fight 4 Commandments at the same time. (Or try talk to them we know how she is)

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
This is an old thread.

But we know that they met on a battle field where him and Zeldris got confronted by her possibly she had came to fight them both by herself cause we know how confident she is in herself like when she said she would fight 4 Commandments at the same time. (Or try talk to them we know how she is)
Yeah I don't see why Meliodas wouldn't take the chance to kill the princess of the Goddess Clan lol, it would be the ultimate trophy for someone who had no regard for life/hunted Goddesses regularly.

Makes me believe Meliodas and Goddess Elizabeth AT least had a small fight between each other, I don't believe she just talked about her morals of peace and virtue and it all was soaked by him and he never tried to take her life, especially if they meet on the battlefield, which seems to be true.

Either way I'm hoping we get more backstory between them.

Gojo Satoru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I don't see why Meliodas wouldn't take the chance to kill the princess of the Goddess Clan lol, it would be the ultimate trophy for someone who had no regard for life/hunted Goddesses regularly.

Makes me believe Meliodas and Goddess Elizabeth AT least had a small fight between each other, I don't believe she just talked about her morals of peace and virtue and it all was soaked by him and he never tried to take her life, especially if they meet on the battlefield, which seems to be true.

Either way I'm hoping we get more backstory between them.
I would die if I found out they had a little fight cause they are my favourite ship.

But if they did I would be interested to see Elizabeth's Ark going head to head with his Hellblaze Enchantment .

Bøjan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
It's weird since he was in Assault Mode (should have no emotions / shouldn't care for anything or anyone from the GC) when he met her and he didn't kill her on the spot, which makes me think it was love on first sight.

OtakuFreak

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum
It's weird since he was in Assault Mode (should have no emotions / shouldn't care for anything or anyone from the GC) when he met her and he didn't kill her on the spot, which makes me think it was love on first sight.
We just have one picture of Elizabeth and Meliodas meeting and it seems neutral, we don't know if it was love at first sight and I don't believe it to be, since Meliodas had no regard for life (especially for Goddesses) and wanted to be the strongest of all demons.

I believe Elizabeth and Meliodas might've had a small battle, and he realised she might've been too difficult to kill and because of that he took an interest into her and eventually fell in love with her.

Love at first sight doesn't really make sense. Realistically, during times of conflict between the Goddesses and Demons why wouldn't you try to kill the princess of your enemy, it's one of the biggest achievement you could get.

Bøjan

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
We just have one picture of Elizabeth and Meliodas meeting and it seems neutral, we don't know if it was love at first sight and I don't believe it to be, since Meliodas had no regard for life (especially for Goddesses) and wanted to be the strongest of all demons.

I believe Elizabeth and Meliodas might've had a small battle, and he realised she might've been too difficult to kill and because of that he took an interest into her and eventually fell in love with her.

Love at first sight doesn't really make sense. Realistically, during times of conflict between the Goddesses and Demons why wouldn't you try to kill the princess of your enemy, it's one of the biggest achievement you could get.
I feel like this is going to start a war again :fan but the reason i said that it was probably love on first sight because would it make sense for Elizabeth to make it out alive from a battle with AM Meliodas? (and at that time he didn't know her so... no holding back like with the slap).

Gojo Satoru

Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like this is going to start a war again :fan but the reason i said that it was probably love on first sight because would it make sense for Elizabeth to make it out alive from a battle with AM Meliodas? (and at that time he didn't know her so... no holding back like with the slap).
Maybe he choked her :cheez
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Maybe he choked her :cheez
Then she gave him an estarossa bitch slap and got away

Shutensatsu

Reaction score
Country
United States
Merlin wouldn’t even let her get anywhere near Assault Meliodas when he lost his memory during the Escanor battle.

She was equally as useless as every other sin.

Gojo Satoru

Reaction score
Country
United States
Merlin wouldn’t even let her get anywhere near Assault Meliodas when he lost his memory during the Escanor battle.

True not gonna lie but here's the thing she kept on insisting to intervene with the fight she wouldn't do that if she was truly incapable of doing nothing...

Plus she's proven herself able to actually harm him in Assault Mode with her ark and when she was choked by Estarossa who's power level should be about a few thousand below Meliodas in Assault Mode she ark slapped him too and he fell to the ground after the impact.

She could have just have a scribble fight and got herself overwhelmed then made a last minute ark slap and escaped.
Maybe after she actually hurt him he took an interest in her for being the only Goddess to really hurt him and started hunted her down to meet her again.

Shutensatsu

Reaction score
Country
United States
True not gonna lie but here's the thing she kept on insisting to intervene with the fight she wouldn't do that if she was truly incapable of doing nothing...
She also said she would be willing to fight all the commandments by herself in the flashback.

Does that mean she was actually going to accomplish anything fighting 7 commandmnets, or however many of them were there at the time, alone because she offered to fight them?

Plus she's proven herself able to actually harm him in Assault Mode with her ark and when she was choked by Estarossa who's power level should be about a few thousand below Meliodas in Assault Mode she ark slapped him too and he fell to the ground after the impact.
Meliodas was a gag.

She just used a ark like 3 chapters before that on 60K Estarossa before he ate any commandmnets at all, and both Sariel and Tarmiel said he was completely undamaged from her ark.

You’re not going to tell me she actually hurt 100K+ Estarossa after failing to hurt 60K Estarossa because he fell over right?

Or Assault Mel for that matter?

She could have just have a scribble fight and got herself overwhelmed then made a last minute ark slap and escaped.
Maybe she could hit him once and run away

I don’t deny she’s maybe capable of that.

She can’t put up any kind of fight against him though.

Diane said if Escanor couldn’t beat him, nobody could.

And when Eli offered to help, Merlin said he’d kill her and the rest of the group if she let him out, and there was nothing could do but wait it out until noon.

The point is it was made completely clear not a single person there other than Escanor was fit to even attempt to stand up to Assault Mel.

Maybe after she actually hurt him he took an interest in her for being the only Goddess to really hurt him and started hunted her down to meet her again.
Why wouldn’t the Archangels by able to hurt him(if she could), when all of them are stronger than her?

Last edited:

Inuhanyou123

Reaction score
Country
United States

Merlin didnt want her anywhere near Mel even after he was beaten by Escanor. I sincerely doubt Merlin's account matters for much if Mel can even tell who she is despite being lost to his darkness(as we saw the first time)

Meliodas was a gag.
Hitting Meliodas into a wall with a huge ass ark to escape was a gag? If you believe that i guess...

Bøjan

Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
Hitting Meliodas into a wall with a huge ass ark to escape was a gag? If you believe that i guess...
Some of it was for comedic effect i can assure you, but some of it wasn't.