Discussion - How did you come across Manhwa? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion How did you come across Manhwa?

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Veritas was what made me fall in love with manhwaverse. More than couple of years, I prefer to read manhwa over manga. And I have found some very interesting series. It wouldn't surprise you if I told you my most favorite series are manhwa, rather than manga.

Shader, its sad you couldn't get into Noblesse. I suggest you to give it a try. It becomes so so better afterwards.

Last edited:

kidopitz27

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
my first Manhwa was PING then Veritas , ID , Aflame Inferno , Breaker , Shin Angyo forgot the other ones but i thought that Manhwa and Manga are the same so i didn't even bother researching :D

but then i noticed something when i read manhwa is like reading an english comics (reading from right) and i read those manhwa by reading left (got me confused except for breaker)

most of my favorites are now on HIATUS damn you Dall-Young Lim for putting Legend of Maian , Aflame Inferno on hiatus and focus on your nonsense named Freezing

i will look forward for the Manhwa adaptation of LEGENDARY MOONLIGHT SCULPTOR in the future (they already announced it):D

leneq

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I saw "Goong" drama and since I had no idea what drama even is as I only knew soap operas and long ass series I googled it and learnt that the story is based on a manhwa. I was so fascinated by Korean culture and found "Goong" so amazing that I just had to read the manhwa.

Brandan White

Reaction score
Country
Japan
I watched few KDramas then i heard its has webtoon too so that is how i come across Manhwa i read it Line webtoons

Spirit

Certified Sensei
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
I was introduced to Tower of God by some of @lawlett-kun 's enticing avatar's. He was even kind enough to send me some links.

Lady pompom

Hell Kaiser Ryo
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I'm not sure if it was the first Manhwa I've read, because I only found out about manhwa's existence some years after, but the first I can remember was Kisswood, I was entranced with the color, story. Then, after finding out I started reading Crepuscle, The Breaker and searched for more. Along the way, I started reading Noblesse, Dr. Frost, The gamer and others.

kalliniki

Reaction score
Country
Greece
As I was searching baka-updates for further details about the manga I was currently reading, I always see the recommendations... I can't remember which was the first Manwha title I've read. It was Boy of the Female Wolf or Savor.