Question - How long do you think One Piece has left in it's story? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question How long do you think One Piece has left in it's story?

electricmastro

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just realized going by how Egghead has played out that we may get more arcs developing each of the Elders individually, because I can’t quite see us going into the final war with Saturn as the only Elder with some personal development. So a few more years tacked onto that would make it at least five years I’m sure.

john ellis

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I think after egghead we just have elfbaf, laughtale and the final war left.

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Here's how I see this. Egghead is are Punk Hazard the Final arc is are Wano. Well I don't think it's going to be as long that but we've got a while.

costicla

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I think after Egghead we go to Elbaf, probably where the final Road Poneglyph, or at least a hint of where it is. Then to Loadstar (maybe the final Poneglyph is actually there), then to Laugh Tale and that triggers the final war. So, probably 3-4 years, who knows, with all the breaks, maybe more.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think after Egghead we go to Elbaf, probably where the final Road Poneglyph, or at least a hint of where it is. Then to Loadstar (maybe the final Poneglyph is actually there), then to Laugh Tale and that triggers the final war. So, probably 3-4 years, who knows, with all the breaks, maybe more.
Considering things like Urogue and Lunarians, I somehow don’t think Oda would tackle those in the middle of an entire war. He didn’t even save Bonney for the final war, so maybe we’ll go to some sky islands after Elbaf.

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Here's how I see this. Egghead is are Punk Hazard the Final arc is are Wano. Well I don't think it's going to be as long that but we've got a while.
Hopefully it be within 3-4 years max as but this is how I see it as well.

Considering things like Urogue and Lunarians, I somehow don’t think Oda would tackle those in the middle of an entire war. He didn’t even save Bonney for the final war, so maybe we’ll go to some sky islands after Elbaf.
I feel like if there's a big war against the WG (or just to eject the CDs and make the WG more democratic) coming, it's not going to be an all-in-one battle like with Marineford, nor will all of it take place in the foreground. The Revolutionaries have already started taking guerilla actions against the CDs, and the SHes have nothing to do with it for the time being.

We're still waiting to see what specifically will shock the world at Egghead. Whatever it is, it's probably going to make the future of the series at leat a little clearer.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States

I feel like if there's a big war against the WG (or just to eject the CDs and make the WG more democratic) coming, it's not going to be an all-in-one battle like with Marineford, nor will all of it take place in the foreground. The Revolutionaries have already started taking guerilla actions against the CDs, and the SHes have nothing to do with it for the time being.

We're still waiting to see what specifically will shock the world at Egghead. Whatever it is, it's probably going to make the future of the series at leat a little clearer.
So a slave punching an Elder wouldn't be shock worthy enough?

RaisinRisin

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So a slave punching an Elder wouldn't be shock worthy enough?
If it was, I'd expect more intense reactions from people in the room (esp. dialogue from both random and big name Marines alike) *even beyond the chapter, and maybe to have seen Morgans' photographer there so we know the "world" will know about it. Instead, Saturn got angry but that's it. We just barrelled on past that moment. Narratively, Luffy punching a CD in Sabaody was treated as a much bigger deal.

*edit to acknowledge they do react in the chapter

Last edited:

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
It's not. Let me put it another way, Oda releases between 30 to 34 chapters a year. Likes to make these post time skip arcs over 50 chapters with the exception of Zou. And I guarantee you the final Arc is going to at least be over 100 chapters.

So probably 5-8 years.

costicla

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Well, I think we will get more info about Lunarians during the war just because that is probably when the Strawhats will go to Mary Geoise. We could also find out more about sky people in general when/if Enel returns to the Blue Sea from the Moon, which might be before they get to Laugh Tale.

Though you might be right about Elbaf and sky islands, there is the giant tree there, maybe that is the way of High West that Gan Fall mentioned for getting to sky islands. Urouge was also on another sky island when he met Kaido.

electricmastro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well, I think we will get more info about Lunarians during the war just because that is probably when the Strawhats will go to Mary Geoise. We could also find out more about sky people in general when/if Enel returns to the Blue Sea from the Moon, which might be before they get to Laugh Tale.

Though you might be right about Elbaf and sky islands, there is the giant tree there, maybe that is the way of High West that Gan Fall mentioned for getting to sky islands. Urouge was also on another sky island when he met Kaido.
I would be surprised if sky islands are never seen again considering how Urouge is from one, yeah.