Discussion - how to deal with loneliness | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion how to deal with loneliness

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I think loneliness is a specific form of emptiness, i.e. lacking something. This "something" is what only people can provide. The "bond" with people you read about it so much in shounen manga is that exact thing I'm talking about, sounds corny but hey :P

But this is still a very general thing, because there are various things that people can provide, and it might only be one very specific aspect you can lack in order to feel loneliness.

Without going into too much details for now, examples of various bonds include drinking friend, a partner, classmate friends, a confidant (someone you can confide in,) a childhood friend, a family member.

All the above have one thing in common: they all provide a sense of belonging in your life. This could simply mean, there's always a place you can go back to when feeling lost or confused.

It's not always easy to pinpoint what exactly you think you are missing in your life, and because of this sometimes it's easy to confuse some form of loneliness with wanting a relationship (just as Kisame Hoshigaki insightfully states above.)

Though this probably will come off as crude advice, but when dealing with loneliness, it will certainly help to figure out what you really want. (Sometimes it can be hurtful to think, but it's a part of growing up and gaining an experience that will help you and even be a blessing to other people in the future.) Sometimes, the people that can take away your loneliness is just within hand's reach. They include existing friends and family. I'd say ultimately, this bond is build on none other than honesty, being honest with your feelings and opening up your heart to people.

Not as easy as it sounds, but it certainly isn't a change that can happen within seconds, so don't give up! Time does wonders to hearts.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Over 8 billion people on the planet, that are human like you, how can you possibly be "alone"?.
not only that, when you consider all of the parasites and micro organisms that live on or around us i dont see how anyone could feel alone

AshCandyPop

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Work out, music, dance, books. I used to pig out but I paid dearly for that...