Chapter - Hunter x Hunter Chapter 399 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Hunter x Hunter Chapter 399 Spoilers & Discussion

Is Nobu a Fake?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 23 100.0%

• Total voters

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
So A Battle of Wits's strength depends on their actions towards the Ei and their base. It's kinda like a Counter type ability.

Very curious to know what they were talking about. Could it be something they are planning for the banquet?

Just as Nobu said, Morena is the reason why they are even a threat.

_goshi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Antarctica
I'm on the verge of tears knowing we only have one chapter left...this is too good, I just can't deal with hiatus and waiting anymore :babyrage:babyrage:babyrage
You're not alone. I've been dreading that moment as well. I can't believe how invested in the story I became after a mere handful of chapters. Togashi awoke my HxH flame and made it burn very, very bright.

The excruciatingly long waiting game begins, again T_T. (I'd rather be pessimistic now and be pleasantly surprised if there's no hiatus announced next week)

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
This Chapter solidifies the fact that even amateurs fresh to nen can be a threat given the right ability and conditions. Now we see why Rihan was really concerned about the people from Kurapika's lesson getting nen abilities.

In fact, I think the real (narrative) reason for having both Nobunaga and Hinrigh sent to the base is to convince us of the Heil-ly's solid defenses (and how much of a threat Morena is), as we see they were effective even on a high level nen user. If Hinrigh were alone the effect would not be the same as we could have thought that he is just weak. Togashi iz da besto.

Last edited:

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Wonder if all of them have Nen now? Guessing Dogman is hunting his prey so he should be lvl 50 or above now. Hmm wonder what the "organ" is? Honestly if the Heil-Ly have a few members who reach lvl 100 and the lvl 50 or over don't the other 2 Mafia families should be fodder to them. I like Tere he seems very competent and his ability is pretty cool. The Heil-Ly are starting to become cool in my eyes I like the dynamic between them.

Alpha_paisen

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello, first time posting here (been lurking the whole time)

I know the Spanish and english versions are out, but can someone please post the Imgur link with the full raws.

I always love to read HxH specifically in its original language (japanese).

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
This Chapter solidifies the fact that even amateurs fresh to nen can be a threat given the right ability and conditions. Now we see why Rihan was really concerned about the people from Kurapika's lesson getting nen abilities.

In fact, I think the real (narrative) reason for having both Nobunaga and Hinrigh sent to the base is to convince us of the Heil-ly's solid defenses (and how much of a threat Morena is), as we see they were effective even on a high level nen user. If Hinrigh were alone the effect would not be the same as we could have thought that he is just weak. Togashi iz da besto.
I know the objective was to show that they can be a threat but I can't help but wonder if they could have done something if Nobu had cut through the wall like before.

I know the Spanish and english versions are out, but can someone please post the Imgur link with the full raws.

Welcome.

It'll probably be posted tommorow.

Copy Panda

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
China
The point is, it is a little contradictory that novices can come up with such comlicated skills, meanwhile Nen geniuses like Gon and Killua can only come up with the most basic Hatsu out of their category.

It's actually outright nonsense compared to previously established rules. Like even if you become a Nen user and gain massive aura through Contagion, where comes the skill of using aura from? Gon and Killua were trained by a double star Hunter (Biscuit) after already learning Nen through Wing, and still remained scrubs that could only beat a rather average guy (compared to Biscuit/Hisoka/Razor) like Genthru with a dedicated plan.

Could anyone imagine Shachimono Tottino stopping the Phantom Troupe at the Auction House? He's been a Nen user longer than any of these guys...
I thought the same thing but tbh Im pretty sure Morenas jutsu allows the target to ✨manifest ✨ an ability that fits them once they hit 20, i.e. they don't have to go through the same process of deliberation and grind bc Contagion gives them an alternative path to gaining power.

I think this method is meant to contrast Kurapika's method of teaching the guards, which tbh is a nice symmetry

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I thought the same thing but tbh Im pretty sure Morenas jutsu allows the target to ✨manifest ✨ an ability that fits them once they hit 20, i.e. they don't have to go through the same process of deliberation and grind bc Contagion gives them an alternative path to gaining power.

I think this method is meant to contrast Kurapika's method of teaching the guards, which tbh is a nice symmetry
My thoughts exactly.

I know the objective was to show that they can be a threat but I can't help but wonder if they could have done something if Nobu had cut through the wall like before.
Which wall?

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Morena should have some powerful Warriors and Tanks in her RPG party.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
My thoughts exactly.

Which wall?
The walls of the room. They expected the entrance to be a trap but they didn't try to cut through the wall. Which is what Nobu did when he went to the toilets.

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I just made this picture with the layout of the Heil-ly base, to understand the current placement of Boconte's warping traps. Let me know if you think something is not right.

Toby_Temple

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
So they know about the Phantom Troupe. And still did not bother at all when they saw one of them. I'm impressed.

And Yokotani's ability could easily have lead to Nobu's death if those players were allowed to take him and Henry out.

SamsaNeki

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
France
Kinda surprised by Nobu's lack of reaction about the loss of his katana (he looks way more pleased by the his new "friend" Hinrigh reappearance ).

Also, when Hinrigh reappeared behind him, he immediately tried to grab his missing katana. Could it have a link to his hatsu ? (Well, I don't realy believe it, I'm more and more convinced that he simply enhanced his katana and that's it).

This chapter confirmed that as individuals, none of the Hei-lys shown are a real threat as individuals but are dangerous and hard to deal with as a group. This little war makes me think of a board of chess, Morena is not necessarily a powerful fighter, but move her pieces extremely well (sacrifices some pawns (the ones killed earlier by Hinrigh) to gain informations, keeps more useful pieces safe (Kikan dude), let her bishop go wild to set things in motion (the dude who could teleport) and reinforces her knights (dogman)...
It's just a guess on my part, but I don't see Morena as a threat in fight, but as a great strategist ruling the board.

I'm really curious to see how the other mafias and the PT will react, I can't see a way to beat them on their field (but well, I'm not Togashi). This could lead on a battle of attrition, killing them one at a time whenever they succeed to get one (but well, Morena's not stupid, she'll keep the importants ones safe).
The most plausible way to kill them would be either to lure them out of their hideout or the find a way to storm in, but I have no idea how...

OfficialHxH

Reaction score
Country
United States

Woops thought I did. Here ya go!

Toby_Temple

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Ok. Can someone tell me what LSDF mean? :huh:
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The walls of the room. They expected the entrance to be a trap but they didn't try to cut through the wall. Which is what Nobu did when he went to the toilets.
Nobunaga tried cutting the wall back in chapter 398, right?

Last edited:

charrockero

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Mexico
I enjoyed this chapter a lot. Togashi is excellent in preparing action scenes.

So they know about the Phantom Troupe. And still did not bother at all when they saw one of them. I'm impressed.
And Yokotani's ability could easily have lead to Nobu's death if those players were allowed to take him and Henry out.
I remember that in Uvo's fight with the Shadow Beasts these guys trembled once they found out who they were... Heil-Lys might be amateurs but they are confident, I liked that detail a lot.

As for Yokotani's ability, probably the very specific conditions to summon his guards only allow him to deter outsiders from their hideout. It's already remarkable that if they are attacked, their aura increase according to the degree of attack. Nobunaga is an Enhancer and Emmiters and Conjurers are exactly the worst types he can fight against.

My notes on the chapter:

(1) Heil Lys are a threat as a group. Their abilities have been developed to work as a team and will become a nuisance... I still think that somehow Morena will inspire Chrollo or the Troupe into some change of sides.

(2) Nobody seemed disturbed when Hinrigh throwed his knife. Perigold even tried to make use of his ability. Do they all have counterattack/defensive abilities? Maybe the "tanks" of their group are focusing on abducting the 4th Princes bodyguard.

(3) I think Nobunaga's Hatsu is exactly as almost all other Enhancers. He just expands his aura into his Katana.

(4) Is Terebellum the Kikan? What did they mean by that? I didn't understand anything in their conversation but maybe they will use his ability to transfer damage to one of the Princes. I noticed Gellato was reading some paper.

(5) The closing subtitles of the chapter mentioned that the princes are on the move, I guess we will finally see Kurapika after 4 years. I bet he will notice Hisoka is on the ship.

(6) Please God, no Hiatus... Give Togashi a break after Christmas but not another 4 years. I really like this arc.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Seeing how Perigor wanted to see how fast he could heal I guess he is an Enhancer.

I enjoyed this chapter a lot. Togashi is excellent in preparing action scenes.

I remember that in Uvo's fight with the Shadow Beasts these guys trembled once they found out who they were... Heil-Lys might be amateurs but they are confident, I liked that detail a lot.

As for Yokotani's ability, probably the very specific conditions to summon his guards only allow him to deter outsiders from their hideout. It's already remarkable that if they are attacked, their aura increase according to the degree of attack. Nobunaga is an Enhancer and Emmiters and Conjurers are exactly the worst types he can fight against.

My notes on the chapter:

(1) Heil Lys are a threat as a group. Their abilities have been developed to work as a team and will become a nuisance... I still think that somehow Morena will inspire Chrollo or the Troupe into some change of sides.

(2) Nobody seemed disturbed when Hinrigh throwed his knife. Perigold even tried to make use of his ability. Do they all have counterattack/defensive abilities? Maybe the "tanks" of their group are focusing on abducting the 4th Princes bodyguard.

(3) I think Nobunaga's Hatsu is exactly as almost all other Enhancers. He just expands his aura into his Katana.
They aren't that disturbed because they are killers themselves. That's how they got to that level. Their base is literally a slaughterhouse.

As for Nobunaga's Hatsu we don't know enough. He simply used Shu on his katana in this chapter.