Chapter - Hunter x Hunter Chapter 399 Spoilers & Discussion | Page 5 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Chapter Hunter x Hunter Chapter 399 Spoilers & Discussion

Is Nobu a Fake?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 23 100.0%

• Total voters

uberfayt

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
The walls of the room. They expected the entrance to be a trap but they didn't try to cut through the wall. Which is what Nobu did when he went to the toilets.
In the previous chapter he tried to cut the walls between laundry and shower rooms. I guess he assumed that all the walls in the base are protected, which is probably true.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
If the Heil-Ly didn't know the Spiders are working with the other 2 Mafias now they do.

Toby_Temple

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
No, it sounds like it's gonna be Perigold.
I think you are right, based on the TCP scans (but the original[japanese] could had said the same thing). "Kikan" is not Terebellum, but Perigold

Last edited:

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Still curious what this organ is supposed to do.

Toby_Temple

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
What is this "organ"? Is it really a "body part" organ?

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Some of us are Forever Skeptical. It’s very easy to get into Semantics with HXH. But just follow what most of us are trying to point out.

Hei-Ly has 23 Members. We’ve been introduced to a few who have been picked off early; All of them are not incompetent, hasty or lack foresight. They are on high learning curve right now, learning as time goes on and from thier mistakes; Their hideout is defended well by multiple abilities. They have a very good way to move throughout the levels of the boat.

Now remember we have 3 arcs already of Nen battles.

YorkNew Arc we had Strong/High lv Nen users dukeing it out. Straight forward, high speed action with a few abilities shown specifically designed towards Combat.

GreedIsland we got Rookie Nen/intermediate Nen users competing on an island through challenges. The Whole thing is a Nen training game.

Chimera Ant Arc, we were shown how capable experienced Nen users can be against Amateur/inexperienced but inhuman/monster lv Nen users….

This Arc is centered around Strong Nen abilities, created from vows, restrictions & limitations. Brute Force isn’t going to work in a lot of scenarios.

^^Wrote that reading the spoilers before reading the actual chapter..

Heil-Ly imo are going to continue to pose a threat. & Shake up the balance both on the boat and the political scene of the Mafia’s….yes they are rookies but they are being manipulated by someone capable. As shown if they play their roles correctly they’ll be ok, but their lack of experience is being taken advantage of but their abilities seem to help save them from being annihilated.

Overall the Bromance between Nobu & Hin is awesome! They seem to work well together so far. Hin being introduced on a cliffhanger years ago to be this impactful in these Chapters…easily favorite Kakin Mafiaso at the moment

Last edited:

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
The point is, it is a little contradictory that novices can come up with such comlicated skills, meanwhile Nen geniuses like Gon and Killua can only come up with the most basic Hatsu out of their category.

It's actually outright nonsense compared to previously established rules. Like even if you become a Nen user and gain massive aura through Contagion, where comes the skill of using aura from? Gon and Killua were trained by a double star Hunter (Biscuit) after already learning Nen through Wing, and still remained scrubs that could only beat a rather average guy (compared to Biscuit/Hisoka/Razor) like Genthru with a dedicated plan.

Could anyone imagine Shachimono Tottino stopping the Phantom Troupe at the Auction House? He's been a Nen user longer than any of these guys...
Morena soldiers have nen levels, which may indicate that maybe their abilities can't become stronger just by training like the regular nen users. There's also a chance that their skill "floor" is higher than the average new nen user, but their "ceilings" can be lower making it impossible for them to reach the level of nen masters. This would make things a little more balanced but morena is still a massive threat.

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Wasn't expecting Morena to be this smart and a Nen master. Honestly if she had a year to train the Heil-Ly wonder how powerful they'll be?

Tavore

Reaction score
Country
England
Honestly I could see the younger Spiders acting like the Heil-Ly did this chapter.

YipYip

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
As far as I understood it, there is no way to enter the living room than using the real physical entrence to their hideout.
Or the livingroom teleporter gets disabled and reactivated, whenever they are processing

McNuss

Reaction score
Country
Germany
If we are honest, this chapter was boring.
Deflating the tension sure is a trope subversion... but not a good one.
This was just nothing but more built up, which seems to never end in this arc.

I am very thrilled by the high stakes and the potential of this arc.
But right now Hunter x Hunter is not a pleasant reading experience.
Chapters don't lead anywhere. Infinite build up that alludes to great potential but seems to never stop.
Togashi doesn't even bother to name like a third of his characters anymore, making it very hard to even access all of the information he just bombards you with.

We went from the PT wiping out the ten strongest Mafia Nen users like the worms and dogshit they were themed after, and now we have the Phantom Troupe trolled by desk job guys.

I am honest I don't like the Morena guys at all. Morena is cringe. Her guys are shallow. Their motive is implausible and boring. Also don't feel like a Mafia at all, more like Batman villains. The Mafia plot so far has been hyper lame.

By the way, what kinda shabby mafia boss is Hinrigh? Like on Tier 1, mere guns can kill you, everywhere else you don't even have to bother to bring anything but knives into the secret lair of an enemy mafia full of psychopaths, which you suspect to be a trap? Like don't control mafias the black market? Where you can get stuff you cannot get in stores?? And that's with his ability not even considered, what was he gonna transform these knives into? He'd been better off with a surfboard for an alligator, guy makes so little sense...

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
If we are honest, this chapter was boring.
Deflating the tension sure is a trope subversion... but not a good one.
This was just nothing but more built up, which seems to never end in this arc.

I am very thrilled by the high stakes and the potential of this arc.
But right now Hunter x Hunter is not a pleasant reading experience.
Chapters don't lead anywhere. Infinite build up that alludes to great potential but seems to never stop.
Togashi doesn't even bother to name like a third of his characters anymore, making it very hard to even access all of the information he just bombards you with.
I get you, as I felt kinda "cockblocked" during my first reading of the chapter (because I really wanted those Heil-ly pricks to be put back to their place). The main culprit for this is the fucking Hiatus. If the chapters came out every week without interruption the current pace of the story would not be a problem at all. But alas, it is what it is. I'm sure once the arc is complete, all of this build up will feel natural.

By the way, what kinda shabby mafia boss is Hinrigh? Like on Tier 1, mere guns can kill you, everywhere else you don't even have to bother to bring anything but knives into the secret lair of an enemy mafia full of psychopaths, which you suspect to be a trap? Like don't control mafias the black market? Where you can get stuff you cannot get in stores?? And that's with his ability not even considered, what was he gonna transform these knives into? He'd been better off with a surfboard for an alligator, guy makes so little sense...
lol that's true why the fuck didn't he pack a 45m gun or something? I agree this one doesn't make sense
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

We went from the PT wiping out the ten strongest Mafia Nen users like the worms and dogshit they were themed after, and now we have the Phantom Troupe trolled by desk job guys.
Just goes to show how solid the Heily defenses are and how crazy nen abilities can be in general. It solidifies the fact that even a veteran has to be careful around unknown nen abilities. And nobody got "trolled" yet.