Anime - Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission (new film, 27/12/2013) | Page 11 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime Hunter x Hunter: The Last Mission (new film, 27/12/2013)

The Invertroid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Just because I didn't pay for it doesn't mean I can't have an opinion on it
I completely agree. I didn't pay a cent to see the movie, and that didn't stop me from voicing my opinion of it. I just think a lot of people here are taking the movie's quality a little too personally. Viewing it didn't negatively impact them in the slightest. They can still point out the film's flaws, of course, (more power to them), but I don't think any of us have the right to act like Madhouse did us a disservice by making the movie the way they did. We didn't pay to see it, and thus we are not entitled to a good movie in the same way the people in Japan who spent money to see it were.

In other news, The Last Mission managed to crack the top 30 animation DVD sales list in Japan It ranks #12 on the most recent list, with 4,330 discs sold. This is the first time I've seen a Hunter x Hunter home media release chart. We can all at least agree that Hunter x Hunter selling well is a good thing, right? :super

IsayWhaat

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
As Kurapika is my favorite char in the anime, seeing him fight again in the movie was like dream come true. Movie was good, nothing special tho, but I really enjoyed every second of it.

As I didn't read manga, only watched anime, after Yorknew City arc (which is by far my best) I was hoping to see more of Kurapika and Phantom Troupe. That didn't happen. There were like 2 pictures of Kurapika in the upcoming 80 episodes and 1 episode with Phantom Troupe fighting ant queen. Anime is about to end in this chapter "13th Hunter Chairman Election arc" and years will pass till we get Dark Continent arc. As I don't wanna spoil myself the story, I didn't read what will happen there, only saw that Kurapika will be a part of the main story again. So, as disappointing as it was not to see Kurapika in this last few Arcs, I can say, watching movie was rather comforting.