Anime - HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Anime HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...) - Part 4

TemplateR

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

I have decided to make a Anime-Thread for the new Anime of HxH, which will be started in fall.

So, here is some confirmed information about the new HxH-Anime:

HXH anime on Nippon Television.

Start Date: 2nd October 2011

Start Time: 11:55 (GMT+9)

by Madhouse

The supposed staff listing for the new anime, which was posted by 2ch:

Director: Kawajiri Yoshiaki
Assistant Director: Masuhara Mitsuyuki
Series Composition: Hanada Jukki
Character Design: Minowa Yutaka
Chief Animation Director: Abe Hisashi, Miyamae Shinichi
Music: Ike Yoshihiro
Animation Production: Madhouse ( confirmed now )

Here is some "questions" about the anime, which we should get new information this week:

- It is a remake of the old TV-Series ? *confirmed*
- it is a continuation from the OVAs ? *busted*
- Who will be in the anime-stuff of HxH-Anime ? ( probably confirmed already, s. o. ) *busted*

The first new Information about new HxH-Anime !!!

According to Mainichi, the new Hunter x Hunter anime will start on October 2nd. Madhouse Studios will remake it from the beginning of the manga. The production staff and the voice cast are renewed. Nihon TV prepared a new programming block for the new anime at 10:55 am on Sundays.

Staff
Director: Kohjina Hiroshi
Series Composition: Maekawa Atsushi ("Prince of Tennis", "Bakugan" series)
Character Design: Yoshimatsu Takahiro
Program Producer: Nakatani Toshio ("Death Note", "Nana", "Kaiji")

MangaHelpers

Now Sentient!
Reaction score

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]2990669[/split]

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

The episode could have been much better. There was no plot development with this glacial pacing. Too much time was wasted on the citizen of the country and his fear of needing to escape as well as too much time on Poufs explanation and then Youpi, which we've gotten tired of this tenth episode in a row with him still using the same dull physical moves.

With how things are going, I assume the fights would be wrapped up in some quick one or two episode thing to bring everything altogether in some splendid manner? Or does that even wrap up slowly?

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: HxH MadHouse Anime Discussion! (Use Spoilers for safety...)

I have decided to make a Anime-Thread for the new Anime of HxH, which will be started in fall.

So, here is some confirmed information about the new HxH-Anime:

The supposed staff listing for the new anime, which was posted by 2ch:

Director: Kawajiri Yoshiaki
Assistant Director: Masuhara Mitsuyuki
Series Composition: Hanada Jukki
Character Design: Minowa Yutaka
Chief Animation Director: Abe Hisashi, Miyamae Shinichi
Music: Ike Yoshihiro
Animation Production: Madhouse ( confirmed now )

Here is some "questions" about the anime, which we should get new information this week:

- It is a remake of the old TV-Series ? *confirmed*
- it is a continuation from the OVAs ? *busted*
- Who will be in the anime-stuff of HxH-Anime ? ( probably confirmed already, s. o. ) *busted*

The first new Information about new HxH-Anime !!!
Did we know why they need to make a new series now?
Are they not pleased with HxH 2011?

/edit
Ah. Nevermind -.-
/edit end

Anyways. This Episode was very entertaining. It felt like te pace was faster now. Very good! I loved the ending. And i am anticipating the next one becausei believe we will get to see netero again. Finally. :D - Even if it will be only for the End of the Episode.

Last edited:

leiatte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Incredible episode, Man Pouf can be one scary dude, he is a really smart dude. all the more reason to fear him, when he showed up behind gon in the end, I was kind of scared of whats going to happen, and what he thinks of the situation especially since pitou is healing Komugi, who he dislikes with a passion and not to mention gon is still beyond angry, anything can unfold.

Youpi is awesome, I love him but man he is really getting the wool pulled over his eyes, all though Morel and Knuckle's plan was really smart, I didn't see it coming so how can I blame Youpi, although I really love seeing Youpi's facial expressions they are some of the most wicked and surprised faces in the series. looked like a g, when he popped up behind Morel, man I thought Morel was in trouble.

ksfst

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

The episode could have been much better. There was no plot development with this glacial pacing. Too much time was wasted on the citizen of the country and his fear of needing to escape as well as too much time on Poufs explanation and then Youpi, which we've gotten tired of this tenth episode in a row with him still using the same dull physical moves.

With how things are going, I assume the fights would be wrapped up in some quick one or two episode thing to bring everything altogether in some splendid manner? Or does that even wrap up slowly?

Netero's fight against the King will not wrap up quickly, but that's just my wild guess... and Gon vs Pitou shouldn't drag too much, unless they decide to over explain everything (mostly Pitou's offensive ability) and repeat stuff (which they have done before...). By the preview and what I remember from my last reading, Youpi won't be fighting a whole lot more (at least not in the way that he's fighting right now).
The thing I'm most worried right now is how they'll handle Welfin. Jesus fuck, I remember how pissed I used to be at him when reading weekly, cause I knew a freaking hiatus could come anytime and Togashi was wasting time on this cannon fodder character... Though after reading it a second time I think his dialogue and reactions add a lot to the arc... but I feel like the anime crew could use it to drag some episodes, Welfin A.K.A 'the over-thinking, over-analytical and super coward strategist wolf'.

Lutv

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
Knov hair is all black again when he saving Shoot
Eww MH

mrsticky005

Reaction score
Country
United States

Too much time? They hardly spent any time on Bizeff and he's more than just a citizen.
I actually find Bizeff to be one of the most interesting characters in the Chimera Ant Arc.
I think it's interesting how he's cool with bloodthirsty ant monsters but is afraid of people.
I want to see more of Bizeff in the future of the manga. I think he's a really shady character and those to me are always a lot of fun to read.

The only thing I would agree is Pouf's long explanation. But that's Togashi for ya
and it's just one of the things you gotta deal with.

Youpi uses the same moves...because they work.

GalekC

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Knov hair is all black again when he saving Shoot
Eww MH
He was off in a shadowy distance..?

W/e honestly. You can see what's about to happen in the preview anyway.

Lutv

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
He was off in a shadowy distance..?

W/e honestly. You can see what's about to happen in the preview anyway.
My mistake, after checking the Manga

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany
My mistake, after checking the Manga
Why do you think it was a mistake? I believe they just showed him as a complete (black) shadow. So the Hair Color isnt back but instead Shoot just saw the shadowed silouette of him.
Like in the Manga where his dark clothes where shown to be white, here its the ther way around with his white hair showed dark, like everything else too.

SHINOBI-03

Reaction score
-EPISODE 120-
Manga: Page from 281, last three pages of 283, 284, 285, most 286
The anime is much bloodier than the manga!

---

Pouf's voice is unaltered. I was thinking they'd give it a higher pitch since he got smaller (and cuter) since that's the norm, but hearing his normal voice coming out of that is really a different feeling!
---
"Smoking is bad. I'll take your pipe."

Yep, totally not cool now!

Now let the student fight instead.

You better let him fight

---
So this confirms the curse was left from Cheetu (as if that wasn't obvious already)

Okay, how the hell could Bizeff, an average Joe survive a mount of concrete on top of him?!! At least the manga made more sense with one piece on him, but the anime? I say that's too much!

So it was one piece on him, but the perspective in his first shot gave the impression that he was under a pile instead of the one we see here.

And this is why you don't say "I'll do anything for you.". Ever!

But... why would Hina be interested in treasure? I thought the ants were not interested in money or human stuff in general! I guess I missed something, but the arc is already at its 45th episode and I can't remember much of the earlier stuff...
-------------
In the anime Morel "kills" Pouf's core by crushing it in his hand. In the manga he used his two fingers.

Who could this be?

---

The heck?!

No Jojo pose here!

What if Youpi got the real one!

Come at me, fool!

Wait a minute...

---

-----------------------
Man, it feels like a lot happened this episode compared to the last few ones! Well obviously Pouf stole the show this time.

8/10

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Too much time? They hardly spent any time on Bizeff and he's more than just a citizen.
I actually find Bizeff to be one of the most interesting characters in the Chimera Ant Arc.
I think it's interesting how he's cool with bloodthirsty ant monsters but is afraid of people.
I want to see more of Bizeff in the future of the manga. I think he's a really shady character and those to me are always a lot of fun to read.

The only thing I would agree is Pouf's long explanation. But that's Togashi for ya
and it's just one of the things you gotta deal with.

Youpi uses the same moves...because they work.

I would expect different moves to work not just random handswinging, Its far more creative.

GalekC

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I would expect different moves to work not just random handswinging, Its far more creative.
Youpi's just being cocky for now.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Youpi's just being cocky for now.
Youpi didnt fake losing his cool this time, he actually got pissed

im curious to see what pouf is going to do with gon just chilling next to pitou

i have a feeling gon would wipe him out in one blow

Zoro Zoldyck

Reaction score
Country
Iraq
As powerful as gon seems lets be real.. I don't think he can take two royal guards at once and Pouf is not to be underestimated.. I didn't really like pouf before but now he's my favorite, it's so entertaining to watch him do "his thing" and since pitou isn't doing anything he's keeping that title for a while :D
But man, this episode was amazing! I loved it especially the ending! And everything else just flowed perfectly but I'm kinda worried about them going through chapters too fast cuz I don't want this to end *_*
9.5 ep! Loved it

Last edited:

meeedoooz

Reaction score
Country
Egypt
reading these scenes in the manga gave me a feeling that is now concrete , Morel is the most awesome character in HxH

BurnSchulz

Reaction score
Country
Germany

The heck?!
Wow. Lol. How could you even spot this. xD They're mocking Yupi really bad there. No wonder hes pissed all over again.

REN KOUEN

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
reading these scenes in the manga gave me a feeling that is now concrete , Morel is the most awesome character in HxH
Morel is flat out awesome

he is the man

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------

As powerful as gon seems lets be real.. I don't think he can take two royal guards at once and Pouf is not to be underestimated.. I didn't really like pouf before but now he's my favorite, it's so entertaining to watch him do "his thing" and since pitou isn't doing anything he's keep that title for a while :D
But man, this episode was amazing! I loved it especially the ending! And everything else just flowed perfectly but I'm kinda worried about them going through chapters too fast cuz I don't want this to end *_*
9.5 ep! Loved it
He could beat pouf, if hes all pissed and hits him with janken its curtains bro

i dont see anyway pouf could live

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I feel like people are starting to underestimate the Royal Guards a tad bit too much :XD They've been foreshadowed to be insanely strong, so it shouldn't be hard to assume that they actually are.

Guess starting with the next episode people will take them a bit more serious again :teehee

---------- Post added at 12:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

March List

3/11
Director: Daisuke Yoshida
Storyboard: Hiroyuki Yano
Animation: Won Chang-hee

3/18 -
Director: Junichi Fujise
Storyboard: Hiroyuki Yano
Animation: Takahiko Abiru

3/25
Director/Storyboard: Shinichiro Ushijima
Animation: Mika Takahashi

4/1
Director: Masaki Matsumura
Storyboard: Junichi Sakata
Animation: Tomoko Mori

4/8
Director: Woo Seung-wook
Storyboard: Migmi
Animation: Jang Kil-yong
Noticed something looking at the info for upcoming staff on episodes and couldn't help but be reminded of a little talk we had some weeks ago.

Surely that episode on April 8th will be crap *remembers seeing some korean names during the naruto anime episodes and assumes every guy with a korean name will do a crap job" :derp

Hopefully we can avoid that talk this time, I'm pretty sure they won't disappoint this time either, even if there should be no top-notch animation :nod