Discussion - I could never eat that ! | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion I could never eat that !

Aazholh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't eat sushi or raw seafood in general. Blech!:nowant

FetherMan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
my friend recently made this "health" drink for me. it taste horrible, but the end results are fabulous on the body.
guaranteed to make you feel superhuman / bankai style.

the drink includes the following ingredients:

1. Cauliflower
2. Broccoli
3. Beets
4. Blueberries
add 1/2 cup of orange juice and water and blend together into a nice drink.

IF YOU DARE TRY THIS, ENJOY.

ravensley

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I can't eat cauliflower in cooked form, raw yes, but not cooked it stems from having left it in a thermos far to long and my loving mother making me smell the decomposing thing to this day as soon as I smell cooked cauliflower I gag.

The_kid

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Special Thee, Its black and its creepy is hate it.
Its almost like Omai Rice (t:ed/the horrible rice)

Crude

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I always find it very hypocritical when people say the couldn't eat a dog or whatever when they eat cute animals such as cows and pigs. I'm a dog lover but I think I'd be willing to try dog meat at least once. As for things I can't eat:

- Rabbit: Once on a school trip to Spain we had lunch at a cafe and we were all forced to eat Rabbit Rice (I think that's what it was called). Thing is the dish was basically just a small portion of rice surrounding a rabbit skeleton with only a teeny tiny bit of flesh. Put me off from ever eating rabbit again.

- Duck: No big reason, I simply dislike Duck meat.

- Oysters, mollusks, shellfish and any seafood excluding fish/octupus/lobster: I've never really understood the appeal of seafood, particularly shellfish. It all just looks disgusting to me.

- Snails: I can't even imagine eating something like a snail...

- Broccoli: I can eat Broccoli but I can't say I'm much of fan. I always complain when I find it in my food, and I loathe the smell.

Other then that I'm pretty open to trying new things. I saw an ad the other day which showed people somewhere in Asia catching bugs, frying them and then eating them. It looked pretty good actually!

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France
Hehe, I have no problem with all 5.
Rabbit is a really good meat when cooked properly. It's low in fat and still has a nice taste.
For seafood, I understand oysters are not everyone taste, it's really particular. The sea snails I guess are like the regular snails, not very appealing. But there are some shellfishs which are very good in taste and look. Of course there is the traditional Belgium Moule frite, but also scallops. You have to be very difficult to not like such delicate seafood.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
There are still some manufacturers who still use pig's intestines in sausages. I'm not really a meat eater though of course I do consume some red meat for health reasons.

I don't particularly like anything that makes me feel disgusted. I have tried some food that are uncommonly consumed, like bats, crocodile, rabbit, raw fish, eel. I have tried some fresh worms as well, when I was in South Korea where there were fisherman market and they fished the worms directly from the sea and sold them. As consumers, you put the live worm into your mouth and it will wriggle down your throat, and with your swallowing reflexes, the worm will get into your stomach as you swallow it. It was an interesting and eye-opening experience. It gave a very funny feeling when the worm struggled in your mouth and after the worm has been swallowed, it can still be felt in the throat as if it was stuck in there.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Pork because of religion, snail, and those extreme street foods in Thailand and Taiwan, like scorpions, bats, etc. Disgusting.

I ever ate an alive cricket during university orientation program, because the senior students forced us to. We had to get rid of the hind legs, and the feeling of it wriggling in your hand was just.. it was ticklish. Now I regret... why didnt we rebel back then :fail

Riku

Dirty Blonde
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Torumekian Empire
Bats, scorpions, snakes, questionable street vendor rodents. That Thailand/Taiwan/Parts of China stuff I'll probably never encounter anyways.

Another one, that I might encounter, is eating something alive. Like a fish, that is served still flapping. I avoid animal products anyways from ecological reasons, but that's something I wouldn't eat also for ethical reasons.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
I get where you're coming from, in terms of eating an animal 'humanely'.

There are many food items that I don't like eating on their own, or cooked in certain ways. Cooked in another way, it might be edible. Or blend it in with something. My mother used to grind cow heart with other beef cuts for mince, as I struggled to eat heart when I was a kid, for example. I wouldn't try bat, rat, etc, either.