Question - If you could ask Hiro Mashima five questions, what would they be? | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Question If you could ask Hiro Mashima five questions, what would they be?

natsu x777

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
4) True, it was the third most famous manga in the world after One Piece and Naruto, but after the GMC arc it dropt way down, dunno why he started to write really bad.
True, although I personally liked the arch of the village of the sun and Tartaros was a good arch for me.

And Mashima did something quite difficult, which was to be quite close in terms of popularity and sales with the greats of the Jump at that time, so despite everything FT is still a monster in this aspect, I do not know if this affected your ideas.

And in addition, this fourth question was complemented with the fifth question that I would like to ask, because the original idea that Hiro had in the GMG was spectacular, since the operation of the guilds was left aside and we went on to explore the world with dragons everywhere, the idea was spectacular, I still imagine what it would be like ...

Raven

Registored User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Why Natsu's character development reset every arc?
Why Bacchus get no spot light?
Did you change END plot in the last arc?
Is there a final END transformation you prepared?
Are voice actors opinions made you change original ideas you planned or impacted vital decisions in the story?

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Be careful how you word things as can't be disrespectful to author who giving your time to answer on why something went out like that. Especially new info that came out in Afterword possibly contribute to issues on the series points. Not going to like 'shitty' if you act more troll than genuine person.
What makes you think I care about being respectful when he literally turned the manga into pure crap? It was okay/average, but then it turned horrible and stayed there.

Fox666

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
1. Why'd we get such a shitty ending to FT vs. Acnologia? Why not have the team of dragon slayers take out Acnologia instead of just Natsu?
Doesn't every single villain was seriously hyped, to be defeated in a pathetic way?

What makes you think I care about being respectful when he literally turned the manga into pure crap? It was okay/average, but then it turned horrible and stayed there.
Fairy Tail used to be a series about mages and adventure.

At some point the plot became an excuse to show girl boobs.

At some point the plot became an excuse to show girl feet.

At some point the plot became an excuse to show underage girl boobs and feet.

There, I said it.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Nah not really as a whole. Final arc was, but judging on whole series more good than bad.

Then you get kick out of the interview. He try to listen to you if your insulting a gut who probably have good reason why FT turn the way it did that might have been out of his hands. Coming at him as disrespectful troll won't have him see your way, just ask you to leave. Your in Japan, being respectful is very deep thing there. You can discuss things on the issues while having respect. You wouldn't do this real life to a celebrity if you got the chance. Same way here.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Doesn't every single villain was seriously hyped, to be defeated in a pathetic way?

There, I said it.
Nah some villains actually pretty good. Now you letting bandwagon hate mess you being honest critic. That's bad.

You mean fanservice? The general trope majority if not every anime has especially like One Piece? Dude that is lame kinda petty thing to not like it as you can say the same to many others.

He doesn't really fanservice underage ones. Always older ones, not your clouding your judgment too much.

FT quality didn't go down due to fanservice, it was stated in interviews if you learn how to search he had no plans on this see for long term compare to his past and future works. He wanted short term originally before popular and sells boom so much on it, he decades to continue on it.

Telling you the truth.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
You mean fanservice? The general trope majority if not every anime has especially like One Piece? Dude that is lame kinda petty thing to not like it as you can say the same to many others.

He doesn't really fanservice underage ones. Always older ones, not your clouding your judgment too much.
One Piece is very different. While it has fan service, you can overlook it as it's a gag scene or something.

Fairy Tail isn't. The plot literally becomes an excuse for fan service. The scary villain decides that, instead of attacking Lucy, they should get naked together in a bath tub just because.

And somehow the MacGuffin of the last arc is naked Mavis.

Veni Vidi Vici

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
True, although I personally liked the arch of the village of the sun and Tartaros was a good arch for me.

And Mashima did something quite difficult, which was to be quite close in terms of popularity and sales with the greats of the Jump at that time, so despite everything FT is still a monster in this aspect, I do not know if this affected your ideas.

And in addition, this fourth question was complemented with the fifth question that I would like to ask, because the original idea that Hiro had in the GMG was spectacular, since the operation of the guilds was left aside and we went on to explore the world with dragons everywhere, the idea was spectacular, I still imagine what it would be like ...
I didn't know those things, what did he say precisely?

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
One Piece is very different. While it has fan service, you can overlook it as it's a gag scene or something.

Fairy Tail isn't. The plot literally becomes an excuse for fan service. The scary villain decides that, instead of attacking Lucy, they should get naked together in a bath tub just because.

And somehow the MacGuffin of the last arc is naked Mavis.
Same thing man. Look how he use Nami and Robin for fanservice. Oda is no different. Fanservice was never the issue. It was planning for a story.

Not every villain did that to her and wasn't Nami in current arc had 'Happiness Punch' again? Again no difference, but like I said doesn't ruin the story or writing.

Not in fanservice way. She was trapped in magic property. Hardly related to fanservice stuff. Your overpushing it and being biased there.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Vietnam
@Ebony Maw @grey matter pretty good discussion you had there. Maybe thats the reason why Bloodman didnt have Macro because Seilah is still inside Mira? Also if Zeref wanted to die but couldnt, why didnt he just ask Bloodman to do that underworld teleport thingy since it's pretty hax? Plot hole

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
@Ebony Maw @grey matter pretty good discussion you had there. Maybe thats the reason why Bloodman didnt have Macro because Seilah is still inside Mira? Also if Zeref wanted to die but couldnt, why didnt he just ask Bloodman to do that underworld teleport thingy since it's pretty hax? Plot hole
My thoughts exactly. I was thinking of this a long time.

Well, Zeref wouldn't die then, right? He'll just be in the underworld (unless there is the requirement that those who go there, other than demons, need to be dead); maybe he can meet the demons he bound to earth through books there lmao, and end up getting tortured.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
I have reasons to believe that heel/underworld does exist and that they're actually from hell/underworld.

References of hell/underworld:
- Invel
- Mard Geer
- Bradman

Invel's ice armour is from apparently from underworld.
Mard Geer is the king of the underworld.
I don't remember where exactly, but seemingly Bradman is the ferryman to the underworld.
Not too sure if I trust any of them tbh. Mard was a chronic liar, and Invel and Bradman could just be talking their attacks up.
My theory: this is why he has powers of the Tartarus demons, cause they 'died' in earthland and got ferried back to the underworld, hence Bradman got their powers.
My only issue with this is... why would Zeref limit Bradman like this?

It makes more sense to me to think that Zeref gave Bradman the Three Seals + Tartaros curses/Magic and he just had PIS rather than Bradman having such an arbitrary limit.

That said, it would be mega convenient for Zeref to give him the Curses of the Demons that all happened to form a cult as well as a form of Devil Slaying Magic that we happen to have seen before...
Also, the entire storyline of Zeref is that, you cannot create life. So it makes little sense that he created actual living creatures out of nowhere (unlike Eileen's enchantments, these things were actually living beings)
Very good point, not sure how I forgot this!
But like you said, nothing is conclusive cause Mashima explained jack.
Demonic lore could've been some awesome storytelling, but like always Mashima has no time for it (but has time for drawing naked women, lul)
Well, he didn't even tell us Acno's backstory. He doesn't even have a motive except Zero 2.0 lmao, why am I surprised about him missing out demon's lore lmao. But he will draw us 10 pages of naked Eileen, :P
And to think we could have had 10 pages of naked Bradman... :(

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

There, I said it.
Yeah but WHY? And it also became normal to solve issues with giving Natsu and Erza super asspull powers and have them win. Fairy Tail was decent when it was about mages and adventures, but Mashima ruined it with his BS. The 100-Year Quest is much better though, but that's probably because I have no expectation whatsoever from the manga.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Yeah but WHY? And it also became normal to solve issues with giving Natsu and Erza super asspull powers and have them win. Fairy Tail was decent when it was about mages and adventures, but Mashima ruined it with his BS. The 100-Year Quest is much better though, but that's probably because I have no expectation whatsoever from the manga.
Why?

The series had a good premise, and some cool characters, but it wasn't meant to last more than 200 chapters.

Around the same time, there was Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, which already had hundreds of chapters and had no ending in sight... so Mashima joined the bandwagon.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but honestly Mashima is not good enough to compete with these other authors.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Why?

The series had a good premise, and some cool characters, but it wasn't meant to last more than 200 chapters.

Around the same time, there was Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, which already had hundreds of chapters and had no ending in sight... so Mashima joined the bandwagon.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but honestly Mashima is not good enough to compete with these other authors.
I agree, he isn't. Hell, even Oda's overrated, but OP's never gotten as bad as FT did, although FT did have one good arc (apparently) after many bad arcs.

It's odd because 100-Year Quest is better. Guess he kinda started anew with the series.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I agree, he isn't. Hell, even Oda's overrated, but OP's never gotten as bad as FT did, although FT did have one good arc (apparently) after many bad arcs.

It's odd because 100-Year Quest is better. Guess he kinda started anew with the series.
I think everyone agrees that even Naruto and Bleach went downhill. Naruto was good for 200-450 chapters depending of who you ask, Bleach was 200-300...

I'm seeing a pattern there.

While some people say One Piece is not as good after the time-skip, it didn't dropped the quality much, especially compared to these other series.

Last edited:

yutu

Reaction score
Country
France
For my part, naruto was good until the end of course I find it has flaws but overall it was good.

For one piece the punk random bow I found it bof and the beginning of dressrosa the same. After that depends on how the reader feels to tell if he finds the wrong bow in a manga.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I think everyone agrees that even Naruto and Bleach went downhill. Naruto was good for 200-450 chapters depending of who you ask, Bleach was 200-300...

I'm saying a pattern there.

While some people say One Piece is not as good after the time-skip, it didn't dropped the quality much, especially compared to these other series.
Naruto wasn't bad or too bad until the last arc though. Pain Invasion saved it, and had Kishimoto kept that momentum, it'd have been great. Bleach, I dunno. One Piece is debatable as many say the first few arcs weren't that good, and many say the arcs after the timeskip are bad or whatnot.

FT though is kind of unique? I mean, it was shit from GMG 'til Tartaros (dunno how many arcs passed between those two), and then it went back to shit. Or was Bleach like that too?

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Naruto wasn't bad or too bad until the last arc though.

Pain Invasion saved it, and had Kishimoto kept that momentum, it'd have been great. Bleach, I dunno. One Piece is debatable as many say the first few arcs weren't that good, and many say the arcs after the timeskip are bad or whatnot.

FT though is kind of unique? I mean, it was shit from GMG 'til Tartaros (dunno how many arcs passed between those two), and then it went back to shit. Or was Bleach like that too?
The last arc of Naruto you talking about is the 4th Shinobi War? It's 1/3 of the manga, and honestly it was that bad.

Maybe Naruto at its worst never got as bad as Fairy Tail's worst... but they aren't that far apart. It's the same bullshit: dead characters are brought back to life, villains are super hyper but are defeated by ridiculous means, etc.

I agree about One Piece being not so great before the Grand Line, but the author was preparing it for something bigger. I think overall One Piece maintained some great consistency then, even if on average it's not as good as before after the time-skip. Dressrosa in particular dragged on for literally over 1 year at some boring parts.

About Bleach... it wasn't anything amazing before the Seireitei arc. The consensus is that Seireitei arc was the high point of the series. I also think the Hueco Mundo arc was still great, while some do not see it that way.

But the Fake Karakura Town arc was shit. The Espadas were disappointing. And Aizen was a boring villain. He won't shut up and humiliates everyone, yeah yeah I got it.

After that we got the principle of an amazing arc, that was the Quincy invading Seireitei. Have you read it? The first part was amazing, but... after they reach the Royal Palace, it becomes one of the worst things I have ever read.

There are too many characters, and none of them do anything important. There are too many plot points, and none of them are resolved. And the big bad is super annoying, and possess a series of reduntant abilities that makes him win any fight instantly. And the final battle ends abruptly, and the big bad looses pathetically.

aaannnnannan

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
England
The last arc of Naruto you talking about is the 4th Shinobi War? It's 1/3 of the manga, and honestly it was that bad.

Maybe Naruto at its worst never got as bad as Fairy Tail's worst... but they aren't that far apart. It's the same bullshit: dead characters are brought back to life, villains are super hyper but are defeated by ridiculous means, etc.

I agree about One Piece being not so great before the Grand Line, but the author was preparing it for something bigger. I think overall One Piece maintained some great consistency then, even if on average it's not as good as before after the time-skip. Dressrosa in particular dragged on for literally over 1 year at some boring parts.

About Bleach... it wasn't anything amazing before the Seireitei arc. The consensus is that Seireitei arc was the high point of the series. I also think the Hueco Mundo arc was still great, while some do not see it that way.

But the Fake Karakura Town arc was shit. The Espadas were disappointing. And Aizen was a boring villain. He won't shut up and humiliates everyone, yeah yeah I got it.

After that we got the principle of an amazing arc, that was the Quincy invading Seireitei. Have you read it? The first part was amazing, but... after they reach the Royal Palace, it becomes one of the worst things I have ever read.

There are too many characters, and none of them do anything important. There are too many plot points, and none of them are resolved. And the big bad is super annoying, and possess a series of reduntant abilities that makes him win any fight instantly. And the final battle ends abruptly, and the big bad looses pathetically.
Well i don't know why everyone is keep saying that the 4th shinobi war arc was so bad.
On the Kaguya part i completely agree , but with the discover about Obito's truth , Madara being so badass , Naruto and Sasuke teaming up at their best of strength , seeing in action Hashirama , Tobirama , Hiruzen and MINATO , Neji's touching death , Itachi having one of the best scenes in the serie , Uchiha Brothers great feat against Kabuto , the Rinnegan show , Obito's redemption , Karachi vs Obito which is THE BEST FIGHT IN THE SERIE after Rock Lee vs Gaara , Madara farewell to Hashirama (that shit made me cry), Madara fucking the 5 Kages , Ino-Shika-Cho being the best trio , all the plan that was behind that (before Zetsu's betrayal) I think that this Arc is a really good one.
Sure it's not at the level of Chuunin Exams Arc or Pain Arc , but it's still a good one.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Naruto should've ended by pain arc, period.