Quarterfinal - Irene vs DiMaria | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Quarterfinal Irene vs DiMaria

Who wins this QF battle?

• Irene

Votes: 65 87.8%
  • DiMaria

Votes: 9 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ohhhhhhh bet bet, now I see where LPN is coming from. I forgot August's copy magic also neutralizes the caster's magic. That's fair then. So guess Command T and Age Seal both have magic power restrictions, which is fair since they're too hax

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
MP is not the case I think. We know that there are some hax magics can work on wizards with higher MP like Ice Slave on Mavis and Rules of Area on Jacob.

I think Irene being the strongest woman in Alvarez and DiMaria losing to her here are simply because Irene is a dragon, and dragons > gods in FT universe, apparently.

Though, I wonder why/how the hell Erza could slash Irene's head (it bisected Irene's hat) with freakin' without-dragon-slaying-magic, bunny swords. Because she is Erza? :derp

Jean Grey

Reaction score
Country
Croatia
MP is not the case I think. We know that there are some hax magics can work on wizards with higher MP like Ice Slave on Mavis and Rules of Area on Jacob.

I think Irene being the strongest woman in Alvarez and DiMaria losing to her here are simply because Irene is a dragon, and dragons > gods in FT universe, apparently.

Though, I wonder why/how the hell Erza could slash Irene's head (it bisected Irene's hat) with freakin' without-dragon-slaying-magic, bunny swords. Because she is Erza? :derp
well, God Zeref > Acnologia.

then again, Natsu one shotting Zeref doesn't help him much :cheez

Doughboy

Reaction score
Country
United States
That weakass sword didn't do anything though, DF Wendy damaged Irene more than Erza did on her own.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Well Irene used Erza's red pants sword to commit suicide though

Jko

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well Irene used Erza's red pants sword to commit suicide though
That's because the sword was imbued with DS magic, and she put her defense down to stab herself. She also stabbed herself in her human form so she can hit her vitals easier. The sword was far from killing her (with DS) she just killed herself bcs they can win.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I would have to go for irene. Irene is an actual, bonafide dragon. Realistically speaking even with a time freeze dimaria would have rather limited options to cause harm to irene. Evidenced by mira, takeover is limited by the user's magic and powers so even if a god is as powerful as a dragon odds are that the takeover would have human limits. So that would make it unlikely dimaria could fully bring it out. I mean, this is a creature that should by any logic vastly exceed all of mira's takeovers. And of course, mira is not exceptionally powerful, I would rate her beneath dragon force wendy at this point, but dimaria would need a ridiculous amount of power to actually use the full power of a creature as powerful as a god. It's a fair bit of speculation on my part but I have my doubts about a human having the capacity to use that much magic to begin with. So irene transforms, dimaria throws everything she has at her, runs out of juice and then irene beats her. The fight takes literally a second given the circumstances. And that is assuming irene doesn't have a counter to time magic, she is bullshit levels of broken so she might as well have that.

Kay3795

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Irene is on another tier entirely. She'd resistsl the time girl & render her powerless with enchantments.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
The hype for Irene has been ruined since Erza defeated her.

So apparently gods do exceed dragons. Dimaria takes this rather easily with Age Seal, then.

coolerthanzerok

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The hype for Irene has been ruined since Erza defeated her.

So apparently gods do exceed dragons. Dimaria takes this rather easily with Age Seal, then.
I mean, Erza lost that fight. She was on ground hardly moving, Irene was holding a sword and still standing. Irene also took a lot of unnecessary hits due to trying to body snatch Wendy. When Erza cut her hat with a Wendy-enhanced attack, Irene blocked it with her head and bled a little. Irene can enchant the frickin' air. Mashima wrote two characters that he made too strong so he needed them to kill themselves in order to remove them from the battlefield. Irene's feats are so crazy that she tanked the Deus-Sema defeating sword attack *enchanted by Wendy* and it didn't KO her, even if it knocked her out of dragon form. What madness.

BluePegasus

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I mean, Erza lost that fight. She was on ground hardly moving, Irene was holding a sword and still standing. Irene also took a lot of unnecessary hits due to trying to body snatch Wendy. When Erza cut her hat with a Wendy-enhanced attack, Irene blocked it with her head and bled a little. Irene can enchant the frickin' air. Mashima wrote two characters that he made too strong so he needed them to kill themselves in order to remove them from the battlefield. Irene's feats are so crazy that she tanked the Deus-Sema defeating sword attack *enchanted by Wendy* and it didn't KO her, even if it knocked her out of dragon form. What madness.
Okay, that's cool. She can enchant the air, oh well. Dimaria can manipulate time, you know.

coolerthanzerok

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Okay, that's cool. She can enchant the air, oh well. Dimaria can manipulate time, you know.
It wasn't an argument against DiMaria so specifically. I just think it's badass. I think the fact that she blocked enchanted Erza's sword strike with her head and can turn into a dragon would be enough to overpower time stopping. If Natsu could do it in a weaker form than IgNatsu, then Irene, a real actual full power dragon, can do it too. Irene is even hyped higher than DiMaria in universe. DiMaria wouldn't be able to subdue Irene, even in stopped time *if* it worked, which I'm not convinced it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.