Round of 16 - Irene vs. Misaki | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Round of 16 Irene vs. Misaki

Who wins?

• Irene Belserion

Votes: 25 89.3%
  • Misaki

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Lol i forgot about Ajeel :tem but again Ajeel himself stated that that would not have downed him (then again he is an arrogant idiot so you might have a point here).
Yes, which is why I said either one shot (if we are to trust August), or severely injure (if we are to balance it with that Ajeel himself stated)
Personally, I'd put more weight to what August stated here.

Anyway, point was that Erza saw Laxus use one of his high end spells. I mean there aren't many spells that can one shot or severely injure someone like Ajeel, who tanked multiple hits from Erza
So there is something to compare to.

I see what you mean about Acno, but i disagree with you on that. Even as a mindless monster this should not have worked on him. This is RoT Acno, a far stronger version then Tenrou Acno. Makarov didnt do a thing. Like Zeref said Acno was playing with ants, and like Gildarts said he wasnt even serious. Compare that to a mindless rabid dog who was planning to destroy the world.
Let me provide you my counter argument.

Let's assume a 5 year old kid is pushing me.
If I pay zero attention to him and doesn't resist, I will fall down. If I resist even mildly, I wouldn't budge.

Same logic here. Acno's dragon body acts only on instinct, and resists only to threats such as transport (like ships) or DS

As for Eileen and Erza MP thing, i go by feats, portrayal and i maybe some statements but yes its not like i can measure it lol
Overall i would say that they are still not comparable. Portrayal wise i just cant see Erza's power to be like characters stated beyond comprehension and in a completely different dimension just like August and Irene, unless Mashima said Fuck it lol :XD
Oh, I forgot she said that about Suzaku. When did she say that? During their fight in Elentir?
Yep, that's all I am saying. There is no way to prove one way or another.

We had previously thought Hades and Mard were on a completely different dimension. They were relatively even far above FT members in their arcs, than August/Eileen and even Zeref was in Alverez arc.
Yet FT top tiers surpassed or at least became comparable to them, from x791 to x792.

Point being, FT top tiers surpassing August/Eileen in MP after 1 year wouldn't be any more mind blowing, than the insane power creep we saw from Tartarus to Alverez

Honestly, it's shit tier writing. But this is how Mashima rolls. Personally, I maintain my position that "powercreep" should've never surpassed the likes of Hades, Makarov and Mard Geer.....for a good and consistent narrative. Makarov and Hades are treated as once in a lifetime genius, and Laxus' great potential is pretty much solely attributed to Makarov's blood.

Erza mentioned that about Suzaku when talking to Elefseria

Orphan Prince

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Irene is such a hard counter to Misaki it isn't even fair.

Irene could easily replicate Erza's Scarlet Dimension feat and murders Misaki, like mother like daughter. Irene low diffs.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
Let me provide you my counter argument.

Let's assume a 5 year old kid is pushing me.
If I pay zero attention to him and doesn't resist, I will fall down. If I resist even mildly, I wouldn't budge.

Same logic here. Acno's dragon body acts only on instinct, and resists only to threats such as transport (like ships) or DS
Hm, man thats quite an analogy there, its not like it does not make complete sense, but i would strongly disagree on. Would a 5 year old really push down an adult to the ground while he was raging like a wild beast hellbent on destroying his house?

grey matter

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
India
Hm, man thats quite an analogy there, its not like it does not make complete sense, but i would strongly disagree on. Would a 5 year old really push down an adult to the ground while he was raging like a wild beast hellbent on destroying his house?
I would say yeah.

Let's say I went mad and I am punching the shit out of a table (an analogy to what Acno is doing, to a much lower scale).
If I pay zero attention to the 5 year old behind/beside me and offer no resistance in that direction, the 5 year old using all his power charged would probably push me down

The analogy here is that, Acno was rampaging by sending every beams around him while flying. He was offering zero resistance to any force coming from above him, unless that was from a DS or some transport falling on him directly (which would trigger his instinct)

At the end of the day, with no resistance, he is simply a mass of that dragon. Irrespective of how powerful he actually is.
Let's say Erza was offering no resistance, and say Nab (some fodder in FT guild) punched her. The punch wouldn't do much to her, but would send her flying. Because at the end of the day, with no resistance offered, Erza is just a mass of a human woman.

The attack from Erza did nothing to Acno at all, it just pushed him down due to force when he wasn't even resisting.
I don't see how it is any more impressive that Jellal who pushed a sentient Acno back when he was exerting force against him. Or Makarov pushing back Acno when Acno was exerting force against him.

Valhalla

ᛏᚺᛖ ᚹᚺᛁᛏᛖ ᚹᛟᛚᚠ ᛟᚠ ᚷᛖᚱᛟᚡᛟ
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
I would say yeah.

Let's say I went mad and I am punching the shit out of a table (an analogy to what Acno is doing, to a much lower scale).
If I pay zero attention to the 5 year old behind/beside me and offer no resistance in that direction, the 5 year old using all his power charged would probably push me down

The analogy here is that, Acno was rampaging by sending every beams around him while flying. He was offering zero resistance to any force coming from above him, unless that was from a DS or some transport falling on him directly (which would trigger his instinct)

At the end of the day, with no resistance, he is simply a mass of that dragon. Irrespective of how powerful he actually is
Let's say Erza was offering no resistance, and say Nab (some fodder in FT guild) punched her. The punch wouldn't do much to her, but would send her flying. Because at the end of the day, with no resistance offered, Erza is just a mass of a human woman.

The attack from Erza did nothing to Acno at all, it just pushed her down due to force when he wasn't even resisting.
I don't see how it is any more impressive that Jellal who pushed a sentient Acno back when he was exerting force against him. Or Makarov pushing back Acno when Acno was exerting force against him.
Nah, imo i think its quite a reach to even have an analogy like this. But honestly in the end its Mashima again, he just went with it to be done with Acno already. Someone needed to push this world destroying godly dragon on a boat for stuff to happen. Like you said F to logic.

Jellal, he barely pushed him and even that failed and Makarov only held him for a monologue or two, if he pushed him thats anime only. As for Erza, she straight up shot him down from the sky like he was a bird. Erza's feat if more impressive imo.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Nah, imo i think its quite a reach to even have an analogy like this. But honestly in the end its Mashima again, he just went with it to be done with Acno already. Someone needed to push this world destroying godly dragon on a boat for stuff to happen. Like you said F to logic.

Jellal, he barely pushed him and even that failed and Makarov only held him for a monologue or two, if he pushed him thats anime only. As for Erza, she straight up shot him down from the sky like he was a bird. Erza's feat if more impressive imo.
It's not that impressive. Acnologia was still able to move in the sphere. And @grey matter said that acnologia offered no resistance except to things that could harm him. If acnologia felt it would harm he would have dodged. Seriously it wasn't that impressive. He was still able to rip apart the sphere just with pure brute force

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
One of the Domus fights from some time ago. And my opinion has not changed.
Irene low diffs Misaki. Complete mismatch and counter in all abilities.
Erza's magic power could overwrite Misaki's dimension. Irene on the other hand whose magic power has the same feel as Erza's but is in a completely different tier of power, would crumble the dimension away.
Misaki cant immobilize Irene since she can fly, even without her dragon form. And with enchant Irene could overturn Misaki's dimension and use it against her or just nuke her with atmospheric enchantments, turn her into a chair, make her clothes into bombs, take away her dragon slayer magic etc. And then there is Irene's dragon form, which imo does not even need to be used. So yeah.
fr? i forget lmao

Jhonatas Fernandes

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
In Masaki's best chance, she is defeated by Irene, and after that Irene is so injured from being in her dimension that she passes out with deadly injuries, but, even so, Masaki would be defeated first and so would be the loser of the fight.

Lucy>Wendy&Elfman

Reaction score
Country
France
Irene wins. Turns Blue Dimension into a Scarlet Dimension with her monstrous MP and beats Misaki with her own magic.