Voting Round 3 - Irisviel von Einzbern vs Jeanne D'Arc | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 3 Irisviel von Einzbern vs Jeanne D'Arc

Who wins?

• Irisviel von Einzbern

• Jeanne D'Arc

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Winterfell
@Atom, please have a look at this:

I never received a special greeting from anyone in my entire life. How do you intend to counter this?

Reebi

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
All these Jeanne supporters ...:whynot

I have the impression it mostly becomes a popularity contest when two characters of the same series are against each others. Or is it because Jeanne looks like Saber? (Not that it would be a good reason).
Jeanne is a cuter version of Artoria but they look like sisters. I don't see the appeal though, I'm sure those who jerk-off to Jeanne will get smitten by God.

Iris is 100% Waifu

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Before anyone say they don't know Irisviel, here is her wiki page. You're welcome.

Now, considering everything that's been said since the Waifu Wars started, I think most people here are not into platonic love; so I doubt that Jeanne, a virginal Saint, is what most people want as a Waifu. ^^

Anyway, Jeanne fought a war for her God as a Saint while Iri fought a war for her husband and their ideals as a Waifu.

Vote Iri!

You make good points. The only reason people vote for her is because of her 'looks', not because her being a good waifu. Sad, but true. I'll vote for Irisviel. And yes I'm definitely triggered after that piece of fake trash took out Esdeath.

Laxus

Reaction score
Country
Dragonstone
Iris 100%.

Iris, Rindou and Hinata for the finals.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Iri ❤

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
Hmm, why don't you? You'd be the expert after all :kappa
I fear I'd have a biased pov on the matter, so I'd rather have your objective opinion.
Also, I'm surprised you voted for Jeanne. She is way too pure for your likings. ^^

Irisviel is too perfect, its unsettling tbh. I mean she's okay with her husband, the father of her child, diddling another woman, what up with that? Its just too weird for me, never been into media where the protag actually succeeds in having a harem. Trying to fulfill Kiritsugu's dream while she has a daughter to look after is weird too. I'd take Ilya as a waifu over her, and im not particularily into lolis.
So yeah, Jeanne for me, I like her design a lot better too, in fact its possibly my favorite design so far for a drawn heroine.
Your post is unsettling tbh, and not because it is too perfect. :pjsalt She is too perfect so you're not voting for her?! What kind of argument is that? xD

- She is OK with her husband having a mistress because she understands him. She knows he needs that side relationship. He actually met Maiya before Iri. Kiritsugu is a man with a dark and troubled past but Iri loves him regardless and he loves her too. It's not like Kiritsugu is "having" a harem. This a complicated relationship between three people, the three of them are fine with it and respect each other. That doesn't mean Iri is a bad waifu, quite the contrary actually.
- Hmm... you do understand that Kiritsugu's dream is to give the world - and so his daughter - a bright future in which people won't suffer because of war and people's selfish desires, don't you? How is Iri fighting for that dream not the ultimate proof of affection for her daughter?
- I don't get why you'd take Ilya over Iri. For her looks? She is literally a younger clone of Iri. For her personality? She became kind of crazy, unfortunately.

My dear fellow member, it's fine if you vote for Jeanne because of her looks - some people do think it's the best quality of a waifu. But next time, if you have no real argument to discredit a rival, just say directly that your vote is based on design only :^_^

Also, here is the opening scene of Fate/Zero. I'm sure it'll help some people understand the kind of amazing waifu Iri is.

TrienDarkform

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Trying to fulfill Kiritsugu's dream while she has a daughter to look after is weird too.
As a homunculus, her lifespan is limited to begin with...

...even without being a grail vessel and losing her humanity after absorbing the slain servants.

Hm. Is that a strike against her?

(Still haven't decided where I'm placing my vote here yet...)

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I was already leaning towards Irisviel - also thanks to @MArGi's efforts during this round - but @Atom's stubborn refusal to campaign for Jeanne in any way sealed the deal for me. :hmph
He lets Saber fans do all the work.

Last edited:

Vandred

Plan Deviser
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
He lets Saber fans do al the work.
If that's not the mark of an undeserving husbando, I don't know what is.

*cough*

On a completely unrelated note, did I mention that I'm voting against Yui?

Reactions: syx

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Waaait a minute, Maiya is Kiritsugu's mistress? And Iri knows and doesn't mind? What? O.O
Maybe it's because it's been years since I watched Zero but I don't remember that. Weren't Kiritsugu and Maiya just co-workers in a sense? Or at least Iri would think that?

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
If that's not the mark of an undeserving husbando, I don't know what is.

*cough*

On a completely unrelated note, did I mention that I'm voting against Yui?
No but that's... fine. As long as you vote for Holo.

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
If in doubt, don't vote for Atom's waifu.

Plus it seems to be a given that Iris > Jeanne.

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Waaait a minute, Maiya is Kiritsugu's mistress? And Iri knows and doesn't mind? What? O.O
Maybe it's because it's been years since I watched Zero but I don't remember that. Weren't Kiritsugu and Maiya just co-workers in a sense? Or at least Iri would think that?
Kiritsugu's reason was retarded TBH. IIRC he said it was because "He needed training to be able to support Iri's eventual death". Frankly I don't think he got anything from it.

Never got the impression that Iri was aware of it, from the anime at least.

GrySun

Reaction score
Country
Japan
Kiritsugu's reason was retarded TBH. IIRC he said it was because "He needed training to be able to support Iri's eventual death". Frankly I don't think he got anything from it.

Never got the impression that Iri was aware of it, from the anime at least.
Sounds really stupid, but then again we're talking about Kiritsugu so it makes sense I suppose..
What's funny is Maiya even died before Iri. She was extremely punchable and her death was frankly one of the anime's highlights.

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
As a homunculus, her lifespan is limited to begin with...

...even without being a grail vessel and losing her humanity after absorbing the slain servants.

Hm. Is that a strike against her?

(Still haven't decided where I'm placing my vote here yet...)
True, but Kiritsugu gave her a chance to abandon the grail war and run away with him and Ilya, but she refused cause she wanted Kiritsugu to fulfill an ideal she doesnt even understand. Devotion is one thing, but Iriviel takes it to another level, an unsettling one imo.
Your post is unsettling tbh, and not because it is too perfect. :pjsalt She is too perfect so you're not voting for her?! What kind of argument is that? xD

- She is OK with her husband having a mistress because she understands him. She knows he needs that side relationship. He actually met Maiya before Iri. Kiritsugu is a man with a dark and troubled past but Iri loves him regardless and he loves her too. It's not like Kiritsugu is "having" a harem. This a complicated relationship between three people, the three of them are fine with it and respect each other. That doesn't mean Iri is a bad waifu, quite the contrary actually.
- Hmm... you do understand that Kiritsugu's dream is to give the world - and so his daughter - a bright future in which people won't suffer because of war and people's selfish desires, don't you? How is Iri fighting for that dream not the ultimate proof of affection for her daughter?
- I don't get why you'd take Ilya over Iri. For her looks? She is literally a younger clone of Iri. For her personality? She became kind of crazy, unfortunately.

My dear fellow member, it's fine if you vote for Jeanne because of her looks - some people do think it's the best quality of a waifu. But next time, if you have no real argument to discredit a rival, just say directly that your vote is based on design only :^_^

Also, here is the opening scene of Fate/Zero. I'm sure it'll help some people understand the kind of amazing waifu Iri is.
Haha, its just too weird, no one is that forgiving, its not right.

-"She knows he needs that side relationship"? Really? Come on, people dont need a side relationship, they want one. And Kiritsugu is the bloody father of her child, he could at least have had the decency to wait til she's dead. I wouldnt want a woman who's okay with me messing around with another woman.
-You do realize that Iri doesnt even understand Kiritsugu's ideal world, dont you? She was just playing along, his yes-woman, pretending to believe in what he believes in. Though thinking about it now, Iri did want to win so that Ilya wouldnt have to be the next grail, so i cant fault her for that.
-Nah, Irisviel is physically much more appealing to me than Ilya. I'd take Ilya over Iri because Ilya is much more interesting and awesome.

It comes down to this, i like a devoted woman, but blind devotion irks me. Iri is still a great waifu, better than most, but that irksome quality is enough for me to out her under Jeanne, who i've enjoyed and havent had issue with so far in Apocrypha.

MArGi

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
France
It comes down to this, i like a devoted woman, but blind devotion irks me. Iri is still a great waifu, better than most, but that irksome quality is enough for me to out her under Jeanne, who i've enjoyed and havent had issue with so far in Apocrypha.
The anime or the LN?

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Love Jeanne's design :hearts
But who are we trying to kid? Irisviel is the best option here, by far. :noworry

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
She is OK with her husband having a mistress because she understands him.
Not singling you out but I've seen people mention this before in regards to Iris and I'm not sure why that should be seen as a bonus. Unless you're into polyamory, I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.