Discussion - Is Shanks Rogers equal? | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Is Shanks Rogers equal?

Is Shanks Rogers equal

• Yes he is

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • No he's weaker

Votes: 23 67.6%
  • I actually Shanks is stronger

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

WILDCARD 1 7

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
It has been confirmed over and over by Oda himself, that Shanks > Roger. First of all, Roger wasn't as strong as many might believe. He couldn't have beaten the Rocks Pirates without the help of Garp, Shanks and co. Second, Roger is the father of Ace. Ace is far weaker than Shanks. Logically, Roger cannot be as strong as Shanks either. Finally, Roger never had the title of being the strongest swordman in the world, despite using a sword. Mihawk is far stronger than Shanks will ever be. Thus: Even young Mihawk was already stronger than Roger. I think, the hype around Roger needs calm down.
This logic is so bizarre that I'm thinking your just being a troll.

anime4expert

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This logic is so bizarre that I'm thinking your just being a troll.
Where is it bizarre, if I may ask? When was it ever stated, that Roger was the world's strongest swordman? We need to keep in mind, there are only three main villains: Imu, Monkey D. Dragon and Mihawk. Blackbeard and Shanks seem OP, but in fact they are hyped and extremely weak in comparison to the former three monsters. Joyboy Luffy easily defeats Blackbeard and Shanks at the moment. And Roger was never as strong as Joyboy, only post-Kaido was (fighting Joyboy toe on toe, and basically lost because Joyboy used dirty tricks)

WILDCARD 1 7

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
Where is it bizarre, if I may ask? When was it ever stated, that Roger was the world's strongest swordman? We need to keep in mind, there are only three main villains: Imu, Monkey D. Dragon and Mihawk.
When did I say anything about Roger being the world's strongest swordsman? Answer never. In dragon and mihawk being the three final antagonists that's just no.
So to answer your question all of it is bizarre.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Shanks is not Roger's equal but the closest thing to it that we have right now in the story.

If Roger is 100, Shanks is 97

Prime whitebeard is probably 99.5

Vanshrimp

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
currently shanks not equal to roger. because i think roger had abilities which shanks does not, like understanding the language of sea kings, since no proof of shanks being able to do thar, i think he cannot (actually closer for comparison with rayleigh),

also hard to compare one dead pirate with one pirate raised on the ship of that same dead pirate.
if i had to generalize this topic, i would say, who is the king among kings (based on CoC/ACoC). i don't remember (chinjao or kaido) asked luffy , what kind of king are he is trying to become .

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Shanks is definitely not on Roger's level, no one was on equal footing with Whitebeard, not even Kaido. Whitebeard only lost at Marineford due to deciding to handicap himself, and he was at Marineford to commit suicide in order to allow his crew to escape without being chased, but Ace being a fool ruined that.
Ace in a way disgraced Whitebeard's sacrifice, he was a victim of his insecurities and his pride, and it cost him.
I guess that does humanise him in a way, no one can make the right decisions every time, I guess anyone can make a bad decision anytime, such is life.
Even Mihawk is regarded as a superior Swordsman to Shanks which personally means to me Mihawk is superior to him, so I can't say with certainty he's remotely superior to Roger or Whitebeard.
I think the story has just established Roger and Whitebeard as just being in a league no one else was at.

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
If roger is 100, Whitebeard is 100. They were surely equals. dont care where Shanks is, 99 or 89, he's not an equal.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

currently shanks not equal to roger. because i think roger had abilities which shanks does not, like understanding the language of sea kings, since no proof of shanks being able to do thar, i think he cannot (actually closer for comparison with rayleigh),

also hard to compare one dead pirate with one pirate raised on the ship of that same dead pirate.
if i had to generalize this topic, i would say, who is the king among kings (based on CoC/ACoC). i don't remember (chinjao or kaido) asked luffy , what kind of king are he is trying to become .
i think scoring is battle only. If you consider other things, its not a fair scale. Like Roger could understand sea kings, but so what? Whitebeard protected islands, did Roger do that?
Unless sea kings could act on his talk, its all meaningless.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like to the the Voice of All Things has a hidden battle component.

Just like how everyone swore CoC was a useless ability until ACoC was revealed.

I wonder if Luffy learns to use the VoAT to "hear his opponents" in a way that gives him an edge in battle.

I wonder if Roger had this as of yet unseen ability as well.