Discussion - Is Tristan Partly Human? | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Is Tristan Partly Human?

Undina

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I know, and when i say that she is half human, i am talking about the biological aspect (which is reflected in things such as her age and her body which are closer and similar to humans than any other race).

As for the powers, i know that she is 100% G power.
But that is also why she is generally deemed more goddess than hybrid. And by extension, Tristan is simplified as a nephilim(demon-goddess hybrid, instead of...what did they call it in Vampire Diaries...I think it was tribrid or something)

Redpercy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
But that is also why she is generally deemed more goddess than hybrid. And by extension, Tristan is simplified as a nephilim(demon-goddess hybrid, instead of...what did they call it in Vampire Diaries...I think it was tribrid or something)
Yeah, but this doesn't negate the fact that he is still partially biologically human, which seems to be reflected in his age and physical structure.
It seems that his body and age are even more similar to humans than Demons or G
While in terms of powers, it seem his power completely mixture of demon power and G power

Last edited:

Meliodaf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes but it doesn’t appear to matter so also no. It’s easier to just treat him as if he’s not because the human thing is never going to matter. His mother started as a goddess so he’s half demon half goddess

Redpercy

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Yes but it doesn’t appear to matter so also no. It’s easier to just treat him as if he’s not because the human thing is never going to matter. His mother started as a goddess so he’s half demon half goddess
It doesn't seem to matter when we talk about powers and magic
But it seems important and influential on matters such as age, physical structure, etc...

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
In fact, she is half human according to her own admission

Mera's artificial Nephilim a mixture of G and Demons spirits (but she didn't mention any percentages like 50% or whatever)
Elizabeth's has his original G spirit, but she remains half-human and has human biology

+ Mera's knowledge of Tristan itself was superficial and she made mistakes about him in other matters.

I'm sure no one was feeling human power from Escanor (Sunshine clearly wasn't human power) but did that mean he wasn't human?
Chaos, without a doubt, is not a human power, but I don't think that this means that Arthur is not human
Likewise, Elizabeth always possessed the powers of the G clan, but that does not prevent her from admitting that she is half human.
Guila now has demonic powers, but I don't think that prevents us from considering her human
etc....
But why is he called a Nephilim then? Elizabeth called herself "Half-Human" because her body is Human, but it doesn't change her true nature. I consider it similar to Fraudrin living inside Dreyfus. Do you think she can enter Camelot? Mera didn't talk about percentage, she said it was a fusion of Demon and Goddess soul. It has nothing but these two.

You said it yourself, Sunshine wasn't Human power so it's no wonder people didn't state such things. They were surprised because he was that powerful as a Human. And because it wasn't Human power and was incompatible with his body, he ended up dying.

Chaos has no race but it's clearly meant for Humans which perfectly embody it. Which is why Arthur is the King of Chaos. No one found Chaos power unfitting for him. Guila is a Reactor, her race didn't change. Also, in the fan book, Elizabeth is considered a Goddess, she isn't really an hybrid.

Last edited:

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Chaos has no race but it's clearly meant for Humans which perfectly embody it.
Hmm, I disagree with this point since the whole mess with Arthur has to have at least partly something to do with nobody being a fit host for Chaos. The thing is too big and too powerful to be safely held by a single living being. Best case scenario it eventually fully disperses into the whole of mankind. I know he has his reasons to hate Meliodas, the Sins, the demons' and the AAs' hands in the destruction of his original kingdom, but him being this extent of a lunatic, dismissing the lives of and torturing his own people, has to be under the influence of either Cath(figment of Chaos) or the entirety of Chaos in a too small "container".

Even Percy should be in a safer position, because his human host houses only one or few LSs, anyway, a limited enough in number and power entities that it shouldn't drive him crazy.

Tri Tri I've learned to see as demon-human hybrid physically and demon-goddess(nephilim) soul-wise. :catshrug The soul part takes priority so we're down to nephilim.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Hmm, I disagree with this point since the whole mess with Arthur has to have at least partly something to do with nobody being a fit host for Chaos. The thing is too big and too powerful to be safely held by a single living being. Best case scenario it eventually fully disperses into the whole of mankind. I know he has his reasons to hate Meliodas, the Sins, the demons' and the AAs' hands in the destruction of his original kingdom, but him being this extent of a lunatic, dismissing the lives of and torturing his own people, has to be under the influence of either Cath(figment of Chaos) or the entirety of Chaos in a too small "container".

Even Percy should be in a safer position, because his human host houses only one or few LSs, anyway, a limited enough in number and power entities that it shouldn't drive him crazy.

Tri Tri I've learned to see as demon-human hybrid physically and demon-goddess(nephilim) soul-wise. :catshrug The soul part takes priority so we're down to nephilim.
Arthur turning evil doesn't change the fact that Humans are the beings who embody Chaos perfectly. He was literally fated to become King of Chaos.

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Arthur turning evil doesn't change the fact that Humans are the beings who embody Chaos perfectly. He was literally fated to become King of Chaos.
As far as I recall, they are the closest in traits, that never implied they should necessarily house and use it. *facepalming while glancing at Merlin*
Main point is that we were told for a long time that they have the least magical potential(without intentional boosts from Chaos being out and about), they're merely very versatile, so that's why the other races are still the peak and why Tristan's nephilim status is more meaningful than his connection to the human race.