Country - Italy | Page 4 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Country Italy

rankgain

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Italian Language

Thanks for the great explanation, rykarreolacr. :smile-big

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

rankgain said:
Thanks for the great explanation, rykarreolacr. :smile-big
No problem. ^^
If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

I didn't understand you were talking about the conjugation of the verb :sweat

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Is "molti studenti simpatici" right or "molti simpatici studenti" or "studenti molti simpatici". I'm pretty sure that simpatici was a adjective that comes after, but I also remember something like if there is an adjective that goes after the noun, the adjectives that go before the noun gets pulled in front. Such as I think for "studenti molti simpatici". I think molto is an adjective. By the way, the phase I'm aiming for is "many nice students", not "students very nice". Thanks guys. :)

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

"molti studenti simpatici" means "many nice students"
"studenti molto simpatici" means "very nice students"

It depends on what are you trying to say. They are both correct depending on the context.

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

rykarreolacr said:
"molti studenti simpatici" means "many nice students"
"studenti molto simpatici" means "very nice students"

It depends on what are you trying to say. They are both correct depending on the context.
Thanks. I kinda thought it was "molti studenti simpatici", but wasn't sure.[br]Posted on: January 07, 2007, 08:42:45 AM_________________________________________________In the case of something like "She is a very beautiful girl", will the Italian be "Lei è una molto bella ragazza." or is it "Lei è un molto bella ragazza". I'm not sure if the "un/una" gets modified by the molto or turns feminine because ragazza or lei is feminine. Or some other reason. I'm pretty sure it should be una, but just making sure, since a grammar mistake on my essays turn into big point losses. Thanks guys.[br]Posted on: January 09, 2007, 10:08:31 PM_________________________________________________Uhh, I just remembered that when molto is added to an adjective, the whole thing gets moved to the front of the noun, right? [br]Posted on: January 09, 2007, 10:20:52 PM_________________________________________________Another thing, when you use bello with occhi, it turns into "begli occhi" right? Thanks. I hate this essay.

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

"She is a very beautiful girl" -> "(Lei) E' una ragazza molto bella", you don't need "lei".
In the sentence the subject "lei" is implicit, "una" and "ragazza" are singular feminine because of the subject.
"Begli occhi" is correct, but it sound strange in italian, it is a little ugly.

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Luckas said:
"She is a very beautiful girl" -> "(Lei) E' una ragazza molto bella", you don't need "lei".
In the sentence the subject "lei" is implicit, "una" and "ragazza" are singular feminine because of the subject.
"Begli occhi" is correct, but it sound strange in italian, it is a little ugly.
Thanks, but what would you suggest as an alternate for "begli occhi"?

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

rankgain said:
Thanks, but what would you suggest as an alternate for "begli occhi"?
I didn't suggest one, because you need to change a little the sentence or to use a different adjective.

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Luckas said:
I didn't suggest one, because you need to change a little the sentence or to use a different adjective.
Thanks for the help.

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

You could say: "Lei ha degli occhi molto belli" or something like that. It sounds better.

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

rykarreolacr said:
You could say: "Lei ha degli occhi molto belli" or something like that. It sounds better.
Ooh, never learned how to use "di" like that in Italian before. Thanks.[br]Posted on: January 10, 2007, 04:45:38 PM_________________________________________________When talking about possession, such as "the person's", do I say "il suo uomo"? That is how you use the suo/tuo/mio and those words right? I know that when using those words, the article is automatically added on, so does the "the" from the English disappear?

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

Post some examples please. I don't really understand what you are asking. :p

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Oh sorry. Well, I'm asking how you write someone/thing "possessing" something else. Such as "her game" or "the man's basketball". In the case of "the man's basketball", is it something like "il suo uomo basketball" or something like "basketball di uomo"? Or something else? I'm pretty much asking how you use possession in general since there are no apostrophe s'es (saying "man's" is so much easier) in Italian.

rykarreolacr

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Costa Rica

ok, now I get it.

The man's house ----> La casa dell' uomo
His house -----> La sua casa

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ahh. I kinda get it now. Thanks.

Tsucchi

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

mh... ive just found this 3d.

im a full italian :D i was born and i live in the center of Rome. and im 22 now.

if there is some italian language problem be free to ask me, also via pm.

bella pe tutti!!! <---- Italian Romans Slang ROFL

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Well, I just did an essay (sucks, I know, but it has only been 18 weeks of class so far) for my Italian finals... Sucks, but if anyone has spare time, would you mind a quick check of the grammar of my sentences? Nothing fancy, just the big, ugly mistakes. I would really appreciate it.

Caterina è una ragazza molto bella. È magra e altezza media. Ha lunge capelle, nasa media, e begli occhi. Caterina è una ragazza ingenua. È molto simpatica, ma ragazze usano la sua. Amiche di Caterina controllano e usano la sua. Ha un buon padre e una buona madre. Ha amiche strane, ma soltanta una buona amica. Ha un vita semplice, ma amiche cambiano lei. Prova a adattarsi, ma è non facile. Prova a adattarsi, ma è non facile.
Gianphilipo è il padre di Caterina. Ha bicchierri e è vecchio. È indignato facilmente e severo, ma vuole bene Caterina. Non ha molte cose, ma è felice con famiglia. È un insegnante, ma odia insegnamento. Desidera diventare uno scritore.
Gianphilipo è realistico e Caterina è ingenua. Gianphilipo è vecchio e ha molto esperienze con la vita, ma Caterina mai stato in città prima. Lui desidera cosa è meglio per Caterina. Gianphilipo desidera appena a proteggere Caterina, ma Caterina desidera appena a vivere la vita.

Thanks for all the support you've given me, guys. :)

Luckas

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

There are many errors of spelling, you could use a programm as Word with an italian dictionary to check the spelling.
I corrected the errors of spelling and other things, but if you have time let's see if rykarreolacr or others could give you a second opinion.

Caterina è una ragazza molto bella. È magra e di (d') altezza media. Ha lunghi capelli, naso medio e begli occhi. Caterina è una ragazza ingenua. È molto simpatica, ma le ragazze usano la sua (sua what, it lacks something). Le amiche di Caterina controllano e usano la sua (sua what, it lacks something). Ha un buon padre ed una buona madre. Ha amiche strane (delle strane amiche), ma soltanto una buon'amica. Ha una vita semplice, ma le amiche cambiano lei (after the comma, it isn't clear). Prova a adattarsi, ma è non facile.
Gianfilippo è il padre di Caterina. Usa gli occhiali ed è vecchio. Si (S') indigna facilmente ed è severo, ma vuole bene a Caterina. Non possiede molte cose (non è ricco), ma è felice insieme alla sua famiglia. È un insegnante, ma odia l'insegnamento. Desidera diventare uno scrittore.
Gianfilippo è realistico e (invece/mentre) Caterina è ingenua. Gianfilippo è vecchio ed ha molte esperienze di vita, ma Caterina non è mai stata in città prima. Lui desidera solo cosa è meglio per Caterina. Gianfilippo desidera solo proteggere Caterina, ma Caterina invece desidera vivere la sua vita.

rankgain

Reaction score
Country
United States

Luckas said:
There are many errors of spelling, you could use a programm as Word with an italian dictionary to check the spelling.
I corrected the errors of spelling and other things, but if you have time let's see if rykarreolacr or others could give you a second opinion.

Caterina è una ragazza molto bella. È magra e di (d') altezza media. Ha lunghi capelli, naso medio e begli occhi. Caterina è una ragazza ingenua. È molto simpatica, ma le ragazze usano la sua (sua what, it lacks something). Le amiche di Caterina controllano e usano la sua (sua what, it lacks something). Ha un buon padre ed una buona madre. Ha amiche strane (delle strane amiche), ma soltanto una buon'amica. Ha una vita semplice, ma le amiche cambiano lei (after the comma, it isn't clear). Prova a adattarsi, ma è non facile.
Gianfilippo è il padre di Caterina. Usa gli occhiali ed è vecchio. Si (S') indigna facilmente ed è severo, ma vuole bene a Caterina. Non possiede molte cose (non è ricco), ma è felice insieme alla sua famiglia. È un insegnante, ma odia l'insegnamento. Desidera diventare uno scrittore.
Gianfilippo è realistico e (invece/mentre) Caterina è ingenua. Gianfilippo è vecchio ed ha molte esperienze di vita, ma Caterina non è mai stata in città prima. Lui desidera solo cosa è meglio per Caterina. Gianfilippo desidera solo proteggere Caterina, ma Caterina invece desidera vivere la sua vita.
THANK YOU! You might have just saved my life. :) If you ever need anything non Italian related, feel feel to ask.