Semifinal - Jellal Fernandes vs Laxus Dreyar | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Jellal Fernandes vs Laxus Dreyar

Which fighter advances?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 36 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Voting Rules:
  • This Battle is a 1 vs 1.
  • During the Semi Finals, voting and discussion will end at the same time.
  • You may vote for one character in this fight.
  • So you voted early and someone/something changed your mind? You can use the 'Change Vote' option to choose again.
Jellal FernandesLaxus Dreyar
Discussion & Voting will end on: June 27th, 2016

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Voting for Laxus with high difficulty. I'd be very surprised if either could win with less than high difficulty. Laxus' physicals get him over the line here, as their offence is comparable enough.

Ebony Maw

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Wow.... this is incredibly tough. Going with Jellal in an extreme-diff (like 51-49) fight. That said, I could change my mind at any moment. Only reason I'm going with Jellal is I feel he could get the Meteor + GC off, not that that would put Laxus down but I think it would provide him with an opportunity. I wish there was a draw option.

BluePegasus

Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Well, the battle of the century. I'd say draw, but since that option isn't possible I'll give my vote to Jellal with max high diff.

Here's why:

Attack: Jellal = Laxus
Pretty impossible to say who has higher attack power. Jellal has Grand Chariot, but Laxus has Red Lightning. Jellal has Sema, but Laxus has his lightning nuke. Jellal has Abyss Break, but Laxus has Fairy Law. Yeah, they're just equal in this.

Defense: Jellal > Laxus
I'd give this to Jellal thanks to Meteor. Once he uses it, he is almost untouchable. Jellal's Meteor has shown a better defense rate than Laxus' Lightning Body. Not to forget that he can fly once he uses Meteor.

Stamina: Laxus >>> Jellal
Obvious. Laxus tanked most of Wahl's spells, while Jellal couldn't take on an unnamed spell from Neinhart.

Speed: Jellal > Laxus
Even though Laxus is really fast once he uses Lightning Body, I'd still give this to Jellal. Meteor surpassed Racer in speed with ease, while Hades could keep track of Laxus' Lightning Body.

Intelligence: Jellal >> Laxus
I don't think there is much need to explain this. Jellal has always been a good strategist.

Spell diversity: Jellal > Laxus
While Laxus uses more spells, all of them are lightning based attacks. I don't need to explain this further, because Jellal's Heavenly Body Magic is really impressive when it comes to spells.

AoE: Jellal > Laxus
Sema and Laxus' lightning nuke are more or less equal in AoE. I still give this to Jellal, due to Abyss Break.

Summer

Reaction score
Country
Poland
Laxus took this.... jellal is just too overrated in my opinion . In reality he's not that strong . Not even close to natsu or gray level .

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
ATTACK POWER - Laxus = Jellal - Sema is bigger than Laxus' casual nuke but it is casual
DURABILITY - Laxus > Jellal - Laxus for obvious reasons
SPEED - Jellal >= Laxus - Jellal is probably faster but he can be reacted to. Laxus is also close if not equal to his speed. he appeared behind Tempesta before the latter even knew what happened
STAMINA - Laxus > Jellal - Laxus takes this handily

VERSATILITY - Laxus => Jellal - Laxus has Lightning magic, DS magic, Red Lightning, Fairy Law. Jellal has Heavenly Body Magic, Abyss Break, Sema
INTELLIGENCE - Laxus = Jellal - both of them are not stupid but they are far from being genius
MP - Laxus = Jellal - hard to say but I will say that they are equal

Laxus takes this with high diff. if they battle it out equally then Laxus can always use Fairy Law.

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Meteor doesn't even increase defence......What am I reading?
I think they mean his defense is boosted through evasiveness which I think is a fair point, the only person who's hit him in Meteor is Jura and that was because he sent multiple bits of earth to hit him, and even then he managed to set up GC.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Well, the battle of the century. I'd say draw, but since that option isn't possible I'll give my vote to Jellal with max high diff.

Here's why:

Attack: Jellal = Laxus
Pretty impossible to say who has higher attack power. Jellal has Grand Chariot, but Laxus has Red Lightning. Jellal has Sema, but Laxus has his lightning nuke. Jellal has Abyss Break, but Laxus has Fairy Law. Yeah, they're just equal in this.

Defense: Jellal > Laxus
I'd give this to Jellal thanks to Meteor. Once he uses it, he is almost untouchable. Jellal's Meteor has shown a better defense rate than Laxus' Lightning Body. Not to forget that he can fly once he uses Meteor.

Obvious. Laxus tanked most of Wahl's spells, while Jellal couldn't take on an unnamed spell from Neinhart.

Speed: Jellal > Laxus
Even though Laxus is really fast once he uses Lightning Body, I'd still give this to Jellal. Meteor surpassed Racer in speed with ease, while Hades could keep track of Laxus' Lightning Body.

Intelligence: Jellal >> Laxus
I don't think there is much need to explain this. Jellal has always been a good strategist.

Spell diversity: Jellal > Laxus
While Laxus uses more spells, all of them are lightning based attacks. I don't need to explain this further, because Jellal's Heavenly Body Magic is really impressive when it comes to spells.

AoE: Jellal > Laxus
Sema and Laxus' lightning nuke are more or less equal in AoE. I still give this to Jellal, due to Abyss Break.
I will not say Jellal's stamina is worse than Laxus.He was soaked in Etherion for few months,casted a self destructive spell on himself and after that gave a little bit of energy to Natsu who entered DF and defeated Zero.Neinhart's spell didn't actually defeat him.He was just knocked in the sea and the poor guy didn't know how to swim.:p

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
M.Attack: Laxus < Jellal (Laxus' spells are huge but it is not high attack, Jellal take this)
Ph.Attack: Laxus >= Jellal (Laxus is stronger than Jellal in Ph.Attack but Jellal's spells like Sema is physical too)
Defense: Laxus >> Jellal
Speed: Laxus >= Jellal (Jellal is fast but he use meteor while Laxus use lightning. Lightning>>>>Meteor)
Versatility: Laxus << Jellal
Intelligence: Laxus > Jellal (Jellal is not smart, but many people here think that he is over smart)
MP: Laxus >> Jellal (Nothing to say, Laxus oneshot two of spriggans with his casual attacks while Jellal bring sky help for power up his spell)

Laxus > Jellal

Laxus will win.
Difficult - 6\10

Last edited:

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
That's not defence, let alone the fact he thinks lightning cloak is faster which gives Laxus more evasiveness.
Eh, evasiveness can be seen as defense tbh, I see it like that but I get what you mean. Not sure about the last bit though, I rate Meteor a bit faster than Lightning Cloak.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
I think they mean his defense is boosted through evasiveness which I think is a fair point, the only person who's hit him in Meteor is Jura and that was because he sent multiple bits of earth to hit him, and even then he managed to set up GC.
Thats not defence really..

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
Thats not defence really..
I guess it could apply to speed but I could also see it as defense as it does provide a form of defense. BTW I've just checked @BluePegasus quote and he didn't actually say that Lightning Cloak > Meteor so... :/

Edit: Just realized that you were talking about @Tirl post in regards to Lightning Cloak.... I have no idea either.

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
It is just one little rock... Even Romeo take no damage from it
They were brick-sized objects tossed at high-speeds......

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
If you don't consider this as an increase of defense..

..Than I don't know what to say.
That's speed, he gets hit by one rock and immediately falls out of the sky.....

Ebony Maw

Reaction score
Country
Sunspear
That's speed, he gets hit by one rock and immediately falls out of the sky.....
It's speed but you could consider it defense, Jura sent loads of those rocks at him and he managed to set GC up before he got hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.