Semifinal - Jellal Fernandes vs Laxus Dreyar | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Semifinal Jellal Fernandes vs Laxus Dreyar

Which fighter advances?

• Jellal Fernandes

Votes: 44 55.0%
  • Laxus Dreyar

Votes: 36 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormsfury

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Grand Chariot is a basic spell from Jellal, it doesn't exactly take a lot of time to power up, and this time considering he didn't hold back like all the other instances he used it in, it's pretty safe to say Jellal's spells are more destructive than they look...
By portrayal of feats, NeinHart is stronger than Azir or Wahl, think about it, he was able to fight an entire front on his own, consisting of several S-class and high tier mages while Azir had his hands full simply by fighting Team Natsu and a retreating Makarov, and Wahl (fake) was beaten by only 4 mages while the real one had his hands full fighting Laxus..
Jellal taking out NeinHart is more impressive than Laxus taking out either Ajeel or Wahl since Neinhart is stronger than them
You are literally the first person I ever heard who said that Neinhart is stronger than Ajeel and Wahl.............:cookiestare
Everyone else considers him to be the clown of the Spriggan's. The fact that you also think that what Jellal did was more impressive then what Laxus did is a joke. Laxus took on a Spriggan who had a natural advantage against him, while he was half dying and still won, Jellal nearly got one-shot by a casual Neinhart spell. Not to mention Laxus got up and took out Hades after that.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Lol i agree with Laxus one shotting him in lake.But he was soaked in Etherion for many days in one portion of the tower.His skin was strong enough to endure it.
True, but would that change the fact that ToH Jellal lost to DF Natsu/Erza the way he did? (I can't remember the ToH etherion bit that well tbh, so I might have it way wrong). Perhaps being soaked in etherion is something a person with similar endurance/physicals can achieve. I'd have no problem suggesting Laxus could pull that off, given his body isn't human (dragon slayer properties) and has endured anti-magic particles for a year.

Though that's in the past now, Jellal should have better endurance right now. He just needs feats... well he kind of has feats with beating Neinhart and then continuing to help drive out Alvarez soldiers.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
True, but would that change the fact that ToH Jellal lost to DF Natsu/Erza the way he did? (I can't remember the ToH etherion bit that well tbh, so I might have it way wrong). Perhaps being soaked in etherion is something a person with similar endurance/physicals can achieve. I'd have no problem suggesting Laxus could pull that off, given his body isn't human (dragon slayer properties) and has endured anti-magic particles for a year.

Though that's in the past now, Jellal should have better endurance right now. He just needs feats... well he kind of has feats with beating Neinhart and then continuing to help drive out Alvarez soldiers.
True i agree.Laxus has more durabiltity.He defeated an opponent with illness.It's like a player winning a boxing match with fever.

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Everyone else considers him to be the clown of the Spriggan's.
Wasn't this Lessio?
Laxus took on a Spriggan who had a natural advantage against him, while he was half dying and still won, Jellal nearly got one-shot by a casual Neinhart spell. Not to mention he got up and took out Hades after that.
I'm not denying Laxus's feats, on the contrary I'm actually taking them into account here....think about it, Laxus didn't exactly beat Wahl by himself, he needed Freed's help with the Runes, and by that point in time he was nearly dying due to all the attacks he had taken from Wahl, while Jellal didn't even have any injuries after he was hit by NeinHart's initial spell...
Regarding Laxus taking out Hades, when he was revived by NeinHart,he didn't have his heart did he? That should have made him considerably weaker than he was when he was alive

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
After thinking about this one for a bit I think I am going to go with Gerard. My basis for this will be how both did against jura a while back.

A year back we saw gerard fighting jura. It was a short fight in which neither really managed to get much of an advantage over the other. BUT gerard was interrupted before being able to use his strongest technique. And we just saw that technique and it looks respectably powerful... It is all too likely the technique would have secured the victory against jura if it was capable of defeating a springan.

In turn we have the fight between jura and laxus. Laxus pulled a win but the margin in which he did was rather small and laxus was at times the one at a disadvantage.

Well, my post does assume a few things: gerards technique would have actually defeated jura and that their difference in power remains constant... after a year. Though I don't think either is too unreasonable. And there really is not much to go on.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
After thinking about this one for a bit I think I am going to go with Gerard. My basis for this will be how both did against jura a while back.

A year back we saw gerard fighting jura. It was a short fight in which neither really managed to get much of an advantage over the other. BUT gerard was interrupted before being able to use his strongest technique. And we just saw that technique and it looks respectably powerful... It is all too likely the technique would have secured the victory against jura if it was capable of defeating a springan.

In turn we have the fight between jura and laxus. Laxus pulled a win but the margin in which he did was rather small and laxus was at times the one at a disadvantage.

Well, my post does assume a few things: gerards technique would have actually defeated jura and that their difference in power remains constant... after a year. Though I don't think either is too unreasonable. And there really is not much to go on.
I agree with you for the most part, however i think you got something confused. The techique Jellal used to defeat Neinhart was Grand Chariot, which Jura blocked rather easily during GMG. The spell Jellal couldn't cast on Jura because of Meldy/Ultear, was Sema.

Stormsfury

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't this Lessio?

I'm not denying Laxus's feats, on the contrary I'm actually taking them into account here....think about it, Laxus didn't exactly beat Wahl by himself, he needed Freed's help with the Runes, and by that point in time he was nearly dying due to all the attacks he had taken from Wahl, while Jellal didn't even have any injuries after he was hit by NeinHart's initial spell...
Regarding Laxus taking out Hades, when he was revived by NeinHart,he didn't have his heart did he? That should have made him considerably weaker than he was when he was alive
Really -__-.... are you for real right now? It seems like people like to use potrayal and feats when it suits them the most here, I only use feats and look at a game plan and how a battle might turn out. Laxus was nearly dying from his illness not from Wahl's attacks, they hurt him but that wasn't the primary reason he was suffering. You say it was Freed's help, but what indication do you have to show it was Freed who helped him? Laxus drew the circle and activated the jutsu-shiki himself, he did it against Wahl and he can do it against Jellal. He drew the rune not Freed, I'm sick and tired of people crediting Freed for Laxus' feats, they did it for the battle of fairy tail and they're doing it now.
The fact is that the casual blast from Neinhart took him down, I don't care about scratches or injuries, it knocked him out so I'm pretty damn sure that a casual nuke from Laxus would end him too. Hades was still a monster without his heart, he nearly took down the entirety of team Natsu without it and he easily took down Makarov without it.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Grand Chariot is a basic spell from Jellal, it doesn't exactly take a lot of time to power up, and this time considering he didn't hold back like all the other instances he used it in, it's pretty safe to say Jellal's spells are more destructive than they look...
By portrayal of feats, NeinHart is stronger than Azir or Wahl, think about it, he was able to fight an entire front on his own, consisting of several S-class and high tier mages while Azir had his hands full simply by fighting Team Natsu and a retreating Makarov, and Wahl (fake) was beaten by only 4 mages while the real one had his hands full fighting Laxus..
Jellal taking out NeinHart is more impressive than Laxus taking out either Ajeel or Wahl since Neinhart is stronger than them
Nein is not stronger. He has more MP than Wahl but it is nothing if he cant fight. Nein never fight an entire front, it was his projections.
And Ajeel never been below Nein. He has realy high MP to instantly cast sand wave with mountain size, he can fight toe-to-toe with the same lvl mage, he easely block Jupiter shot while Nein was defeatrd by GC. Ajeel>>Nein.

Fake Wahl was defeated with one kick from Ichia and Freed. It is just robot like others his troops.

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I agree with you for the most part, however i think you got something confused. The techique Jellal used to defeat Neinhart was Grand Chariot, which Jura blocked rather easily during GMG. The spell Jellal couldn't cast on Jura because of Meldy/Ultear, was Sema.
Ah, you are correct. Which would basically mean gerard has a stronger technique than the one he used to beat a springan.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
he needed Freed's help
Well Jellal need Kagura's help to come back from sea, to defeat Simon and to be alive. If she didnt help him, Jellal became food for fish.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Ah, you are correct. Which would basically mean gerard has a stronger technique than the one he used to beat a springan.
Yeah, pretty much. =)
Sema actually defeated Oracion Seis, though i don't know if we could call it a one shot since they got hit beforehand. By Grand Chariot if im not mistaken.
So i agree, Jellal has some very powerful weapons in his arsenal; but so does Laxus. Tbh i think they are equal in terms of attack power.

Crimson Ice

Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
It's ashame the two strongest meet in the semi finals instead of the finals.

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Sema actually defeated Oracion Seis
Yeah, cool Sema defeated OS who were fine after 5 minutes... Laxus "kill" spriggan with first one attack. And he must kill him if August didnt block attack.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
You say it was Freed's help, but what indication do you have to show it was Freed who helped him?
Um, coz Laxus said it himself?

Got it straight from Freed....it's like Natsu receiving the Flame of Rebuke from Jellal to go DF

Hades was still a monster without his heart, he nearly took down the entirety of team Natsu without it and he easily took down Makarov without it.
Huh? I'm pretty sure they started turning the tables on him when his heart was destroyed..

Also when Hades beat Makarov earlier his heart was intact.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Yeah, pretty much. =)
Sema actually defeated Oracion Seis, though i don't know if we could call it a one shot since they got hit beforehand. By Grand Chariot if im not mistaken.
So i agree, Jellal has some very powerful weapons in his arsenal; but so does Laxus. Tbh i think they are equal in terms of attack power.
I agree, I think they would be relatively similar in a lot of regards. Both have magics which seemingly allow them blinding speeds and overall boosts to their basic capabilities. Jura was caught a bit off guard by gerard's speed a year ago... As far as techniques go though, I think gerard has shown a bit more with grand chariot and semma. Laxus stronger techniques so far seem to be the dragon roar which seems to be a mid level DS technique and the lightning spear as his strongest. Ultimately gerard seems to have the greater nukes.

Jean Grey

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
eh why are people using Jellal vs Jura and Laxus vs Jura?? Jura didn't even took Jellal seriously as he did with Laxus. we have no way of knowing if it would defeat Jura or if he could have blocked it. Sema is bigger than Laxus' CASUAL NUKE. lets not mention Fairy Law.

Takuan

Reaction score
Country
France
Yeah, cool Sema defeated OS who were fine after 5 minutes... Laxus "kill" spriggan with first one attack. And he must kill him if August didnt block attack.
I understand your point of view. But keep in mind Jellal fought against OS in order to recruit them and "save them from darkness" or whatever. He didn't consider them as ennemies and while being all out, he never intended to end their life

Last edited:

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
I understand your point of view. But keep in mind Jellal fought aainnst OS in order to recruit them and "save them from darkness" or whatever. He didn't consider them as ennemies and while being all out, he never intended to end their life
How can blow somebody with Sema (which looks like Grand Canyon size) and not defeat them??
And also what Jellal thought when use against Jura spell which can blow whole city but not defeat Jura (bs Jura is stronger than OS).

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Sema defeated OS who were fine after 5 minutes.
Wait, I'm pretty sure you know Jellal was holding back on that Sema, right? Considering he wasn't trying to kill them but recruit them into Crime Sorciere, it's the same way he was holding back against Natsu so that he wouldn't destroy the Tower of Heaven

Tirl

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Wait, I'm pretty sure you know Jellal was holding back on that Sema, right? Considering he wasn't trying to kill them but recruit them into Crime Sorciere, it's the same way he was holding back against Natsu so that he wouldn't destroy the Tower of Heaven
Read my previous post. Sema is falling star. How he can hold it? It is city size ball. It must flatten every one

Status
Not open for further replies.