Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Joint Review of Bleach 483: KriegsErklarung

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
'Kay, chapter's out. We have a lot of beginner reviewers on board, let's make the dealine on sunday, March 4th.

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
You can always split up the analysis in plot analysis and character analysis if you want to

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
You can always split up the analysis in plot analysis and character analysis if you want to
We could do that, if we had some more experienced reviewers on the team... ;)

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

like you :mono

benelori

The Hero MH Deserves
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
I'm pretty sure if The Underscore and mattia will wok together, they can pull it off:p

mattiaildivino

九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
Italy
I'm pretty sure if The Underscore and mattia will wok together, they can pull it off:p
actually,I think it's better to do that as we (we? they! :p) have always done. an analysis over plot would be okay,cause it would imply the summary of the story,compared to the previous chapter,but an analysis about characters would be boring imo,especially since there aren't much developments in a single chapters over characters...

The Newbie.

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm doing a chapter analysis myself anyway, since Underscore will probably take a day or two. Buckle up.

Chapter starts with a color page featuring Ichigo and the new kid. Will he have any relevance this arc? Who knows. But his posture and expression suggests that he is motivated but nervous to come ahead while Ichigo helps him improve "Don't step back; I'm here". Kinda looks like Ichigo is Zangetsu training a younger person with colorful clothes. Speculatin' we will see the new shinigami grow throughout this arc.

The next three pages might not seem like much. We see the intruders talking with Yamamoto and the title "KriegsErklärung", and Google Translate tells me that it means "Declaration of War", so I'll have to believe it's true. Hold on there, I'm not done yet. As I said, the intruders adress Yamamoto with a conversational tone, commenting on the low security. This is important, because while we don't know who this people are (And how did they put those cloaks on without help), we know from this small conversation that they are not drones sent to tell Yamamoto about the invasion, but actual people (?).

Moving on to Ichigo and Ivan's squirmish. Not much happens here. We get another clue that the guy is probably a Quincy, and another question about his mask. For the sake of the argument I'm going to assume is is an actual Quincy and not an hybrid and that huge flamethrower is his bow. Although he would probably do more damage against any other person, he can't even touch Ichigo, who casually dodges and deflects every attack easily. Ivan taunts Ichigo to get him to use Bankai, and since Ichigo's got nothing to lose, he accepts. This next part is something I will have to break down:

-Back to the assumption that Ivan is indeed a normal Quincy, his weapon is a bow, the thing he used on the first chapter was an Extra-Strong 30 Second Effect Hollow Bait (r) and the thing he uses on Ichigo pulled out of one of his fancy pockets (http://www.mangareader.net/bleach/483/10) is one of the Ginto: * Gintō (銀筒, Silver tubes): Gintō are small liquid-filled capsules that store spiritual energy, and are used by the Quincy for spell casting in the same way that Shinigami use Kidō. Like Kidō, they are activated by calling out various commands.[22]
I recommend you to check the wikia for dem techniques, since it has a few neat .gifs showing a few of the Silver Container Techniques TM in action: http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Gintō
As you can see, the flower-looking thingy looks and works like a Ginto, and was either designed to work better as the power of an opponent increases or as a seal, since Ivan was so interested in ending Ichigo's Bankai.

-We don't know if Ichigo could have actually won against Ivan. Quincy are more dangerous the more skilled they are, not how powerful their reiatsu is. Back to the wikia examples above, we see Ishida injuring a Menos and almost defeating his dad without having regained his powers yet. He later manages to injure Szayel Aporro seriously. A well done Quincy technique can take out opponents much stronger than the user, so before anybody jumps to the conclusion that Ivan is stronger than Aizen/Ichigo, think again. The technique might exist for the sole purpose to seal a Bankai permanently for all we know.

-For that matter, why is Ivan so interested in Ichigo's bankai? His words didn't sound like he wanted to kill Ichigo, but more like he just wanted to stop him from using Bankai again. Is Ivan working with the masked guys in Yamamoto's office? Was he sent to distract Ichigo and stop him since he is probably stronger than the Vander Reich? We'll just have to wait and see.

So Ichigo proves once again that nothing can contain him (Rukia's bakudou 1 as a human, Tessai's full bakudou 99, Hachi's barrier, Aizen's ultra powered 90 hadou with full incantation and Yukio's videogame), breaks the thing and attacks Ivan. This is the last we see of them this chapter. Ivan is genuinely scared about Ichigo breaking the flower thingy. It was capable of breaking those Xs in his wrist, so he probably thought that Ichigo would lose for sure.

Back to that guy th- Oh, he is dead. Ok. Back to Yamamoto's- No, wait, Yamamoto's vice captain is not dead yet. His Zanpakutou is still released, and those tend to revert to their normal state when the owner is incappable of keeping it released, so he might survive. Aaaaaaaaaaanyway, the masked guys impaled that guy with a huge arrow (Quincy!) without moving just like they put on those fancy cloaks (Quincy!) and speak some words in German (Quincy!). They tell Yamamoto that in five days Soul Society will be erradicated by the Vander Reich, which translates to Burger Kingdom. Chapter ends here.

Prediction:
-Burger Kindom guys are as strong as Yamamoto if they can casually talk about killing him.
-Ivan's mask is not a hollow mask in the sense that he is an arrancar, but he is badly scarred from years of fighting and wears that mask to cover his now useless eye, torn off from the hollow that did that to him. Same for Burger Kingdom guys.
-Mayuri will make an entrace and face of the intruders. He knows a lot about the Quincy and might even be able to counter their attacks just like Szayel countered most of Ishida's attacks.
-Ichigo is going to defeat Ivan easily and take him to Ryuken and talk about what's going on.

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Right, I know I forgot your post about wanting to write the analysis, but I already divided that section between underscore and mattia :bored

Whatever, I updated the OP with where the first half and the second half are tilted(?), so underscore/mattia, you two just write your own part of the analysis, once you're ready I'll edit it all together with newbie's stuff and once everything is ready you scold me for being such a bad organizer. /sigh

---------- Post added March 02, 2012 at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was March 01, 2012 at 01:05 PM ----------

Just wanted to remind everyone, that even if the deadline is on the 4th, it doesn't mean you should wait till the evening of the 3rd and only than start writing. I think a realistic date is to have the review finished by March 2nd/3rd.

The Underscore

Reviewer
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Out of sheer protest to Alpha's organisational skils, I decided to quickly analyse the entire chapter :p.

Anyways, the analysis is in the spoiler tags below. I wrote it in one go without even checking it, so see what you keep and what you get rid of Alpha ;). I'll check on it again tomorrow night to see whether I have to tweak it a bit or not. (Hopefully I won't have to rewrite it entirely because I'm unsatisfied by my own work :sweatdrop). For your information:

The parts between the square brackets [] are notes to go with the review. Mostly to refer to what picture I'd like to go at that part of the analysis :amuse. Also, I made a half-way point, assuming you'll only want to use the first half of the review as was initially planned ;). That way Mattia can pick it up starting from page 11.

I apologize for the sloppiness of the analysis (which I think there will be as I haven't checked it), but I'm assuming that the part written by The Newbie will be added along with Mattia's to make a sensible whole :eyeroll. Good luck with the editing Alpha ;). Good thing I got it to you today, huh?

Just kidding there with the dropping all the work on your lap Alpha :amuse. Let me know if you need me to do something more. I'll check up again in about 22 hours from now. Assuming I won't be horrified by what I wrote here forcing me to rewrite this analysis, I can use the time left to help out with what you need to wrap up this joint review ;).

[cover page]
The color page has Ichigo and Yuuki on display. Though I’m rather curious as to what role Yuuki will play in this arc, I guess that Kubo is making preparations for this character by slowly having him spend more time with Ichigo. Hopefully this guy won’t get in the way of Rukia’s screen time :amuse.
What I especially like about this color page has to be the pattern on Ichigo’s hood. Though the last time we saw Ichigo wearing his Hollow mask, he had a more simple and symmetrical pattern, I always preferred the one we’re seeing on Ichigo’s hood right now :amuse. All in all, I quite like this look Ichigo has. The black and red even ties in with Ichigo’s Bankai. As for Yuuki… I guess he’s the next generation or something. Though Ichigo probably is younger than Yuuki, Ichigo has more experience as a Shinigami. Perhaps Ichigo will get to play tutor?

[PAGE 3, FIRST FRAME]
The declaration of war has been made by these (presumably) Quincy. But apparently, these guys are more interested in asking Genryuusai why he doesn’t have people guarding his private quarters. The ringleader is even boasting about how they broke in. Admittedly, this guy has a point… that is, if Genryuusai were just any old geezer. For people who decided to declare war, they rea~~lly should’ve done their homework. Lucky for these guys, they have an excellent teacher who can teach them about Genryuusai: Genryuusai himself.

The man holding the title of strongest Shinigami for over 1000 years points out that there’s no need for security with him around. It’s not like anyone could even dream of killing him. Just look at the trouble Aizen had to go through to harm Genryuusai. Creating a special Arrancar that could nullify Genryuusai’s Zanpakutou, then having to use Genryuusai’s own power against him to hurt him, only to get rid of one of Genryuusai’s arms after quite some effort. And in the end, even that lost arm was all Genryuusai’s own work. Almost makes you think Genryuusai is fighting himself because he’s bored with everyone else around :p.

Whatever the case, Genryuusai isn’t worried with the whippersnappers standing in front of him. The whippersnappers, however, feel the old man is too arrogant for his own good. In fact, they feel that those arrogant words will be the last words Genryuusai will speak. Though I’d put my money on those being the last words Genryuusai will have to speak to them.

[PAGE 7, FRAME 1]
Ivan and Ichigo are still at it. Last week, Ivan revealed himself to be the owner of a Quincy cross. Though I had my doubts about his weapon being a bow, we see that he has something close enough to it. At first I thought I was seeing lasers, but only a second later I remembered that Quincy arrows are practically lasers in the first place :amuse. Doesn’t change the fact that Ivan’s weapon is an odd one. It looks more like an arc with multiple laser canons mounted on it than an actual bow shape. Interesting though this may be, I’m hoping this isn’t what’s to come for Ishida in the future. But we aren’t even sure what form of a Quincy Ivan actually is.

While Ivan is joyfully firing off his “arrows”, Ichigo just wipes them out with a swing of his Zangetsu. He isn’t even worried about the attacks Ivan is throwing at him as much as he’s intrigued by the shape of Ivan’s charm. The only real difference between the two charms is the circle on Ishida’s, where Ivan’s just consists of the five lines. Perhaps Ishida’s Quincy cross is one for a higher class of Quincy. Or perhaps Ivan is from a different clan altogether, where the cross just shares similarities due to it being the best basis for Quincy-like techniques. But judging by this chapter’s title (declaration of war, in German) and the Quincy Zeichen (sorry, my German’s a bit off so I’m doubtful of whether I spelled this right) Ivan possesses, I’d say he has a greater tie with the Quincy’s than his Arrancar mask suggests. Doesn’t change the fact that he has a Hollow-like mask on… which is exactly what’s bothering Ichigo as well.

Looking at the mask, however, I’d almost suspect it has something to do with Ivan’s weapon. From the angles at which I’ve seen his weapon, he has four cannons, and thanks to his mask, four eyes (his right eye, and three holes in his mask). Probably just a coincidence, but who knows :amuse.

While Ichigo is contemplating on things, Ivan keeps blasting away. Amusingly, Ichigo doesn’t even have to think to stop the blasts. Yet Ivan seems to think differently…

[PAGE 9, FRAME 1]

Ivan asks Ichigo why he’s only dodging attacks and isn’t on the offense himself. Though it’s more than obvious Ichigo doesn’t need a Bankai to deal with this, Ivan demands to see more from Ichigo. In fact, he’s rather set on seeing some Bankai action from Ichigo. Luring out a Bankai using an obvious taunt, Ichigo knows that he’ll have to play along if he wants to get some answers.

Ichigo calls out his Bankai, triggering not only Zangetsu’s transformation, but a reaction from Ivan as well. Reaching into one of his pockets, Ivan takes out a strange object. All the while, he’s thinking how lucky he is that Ichigo fell for his taunt. The reason he’s so happy and he took out the object? He plans on ending Ichigo’s Bankai!

[END OF ANALYSIS FIRST PART/BEGINNING ANALYSIS SECOND PART]
As the smoke from Ichigo’s transformation dissipates, he witnesses what Ivan pulled out. While Ichigo is taken back by this sudden display of trickery, Ivan starts using the tool for its intents and purposes. Pillars of light surround Ichigo and Ivan starts chanting. As the chanting proceeds, Ichigo’s Bankai suddenly starts breaking apart. It would seem that Ivan actually has the means to destroy Ichigo’s Bankai. That is, until Ichigo’s Bankai breaks the Bankai breaker.

Much to Ivan’s dismay, Ichigo manages to break the pillars of light and fires off a Getsuga immediately after. Of course, considering how Ichigo managed to do the same with a nineties level Kidou before, (actually, he did it twice, once with Tessai and once with Aizen :amuse) this isn’t too big of a surprise. Then again, those Kidou weren’t meant to target a person’s Bankai specifically. What’s odd is how well it worked on Ichigo’s Bankai. The armguard and a part of the sleeve actually disintegrated because of the spell. But this isn’t even the most important part here. The real issue here is the fact that Ivan targeted Ichigo’s Bankai specifically.

So how many reasons could one have to target Ichigo’s Bankai? Considering the Mugetsu’s power, I’d say that’s the reason. Perhaps it’s even tied to Isshin as well. With this being part of a 1000 year old war, this could have something to do with Isshin’s use of the Mugetsu. Though it makes you wonder whether that took place 1000 years ago… I’m not sure what to make of this attack on Zangetsu besides this for the moment. But with this spell apparently aimed at the Bankai, and not the Shikai, I’d say it’s all meant to keep the Mugetsu in bay. But would Ichigo ever be desperate enough to use it again? Or rather, can Ichigo use it again? His Bankai changed and his powers now consist of not only his own, but parts of other Shinigami as well. This affected Zangetsu’s appearance, so perhaps it did the same to its abilities? But more on that in a different chapter I suppose.

[PAGE 16, FRAME 2]
Meanwhile, at Yamamoto’s place, we find out that the Sinister Seven aren’t declaring their war based on nothing. These jerks actually went so far as to plant Sasakibe onto Genryuusai’s wall with a gigantic arrow! U guess it livens up the place? (REALLY bad pun here… especially considering how Sasakibe seems to have some fatal wounds to which he almost succumbs rather than staying alive)

Genryuusai actually seems to be surprised at the sight of this. Then again, so am I. These 7 guys haven’t even moved from their spot, yet they somehow managed to put Sasakibe on an arrow? Either these guys are blindingly fast, or they had a rig or ally who shot Sasakibe down. The ringleader then tells Genryuusai not to worry about Sasakibe too much. In fact, Genryuusai should be glad that Sasakibe showed Genryuusai how he will die… as if. Not only don’t I believe that Sasakibe is dead, I doubt that Sasakibe put up much of a resistance. Sure, he’s the captain commander’s vice-captain, but has he ever shown us anything that proves this title (strength wise that is)? At least Sasakibe will give the fourth squad the opportunity to research the enemy’s abilities while saving another (after)life. That is, if Soul Society doesn’t fall in five days time!!!

So the playing field is set. We get a five day long battle between Soul Society and (drumroll please….) The Vandenreich! Though my German is far from decent, I can tell you that this is an odd name (from a Dutch perspective at least). As far as I can tell, Vandenreich would mean ‘of (Van) the (den) empire/realm/kingdom (reich)’. But I guess it sounds okay.

A final note here. Genryuusai’s reaction seems to be rather odd. Why would he stand there so calmly when his vice-captain just got shot down? Let’s face it, Genryuusai could easily take down three or four guys in a single blow. Even if they can defeat Sasakibe. Could it be that Genryuusai just realized who these guys truly are, flashing back to his youth from 1005 years ago? (This isn’t a typo, I wrote 1005 years ago :p) Perhaps there’s more to these (pseudo-)Quincy’s than meets the eye….

Good luck with your parts Alpha, Mattia, and Saito!

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
thank's,I guess I'll deal with my job tomorrow,since today I was rather tired and busy,although I had some time to post some random posts. by the way,it's a pity that Newbie wanted to do the analysis too,especially since he has already done the analysis. perhaps,this time there's no need I do my review,since it would imply newbie's is canceled/with no value.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
thank's,I guess I'll deal with my job tomorrow,since today I was rather tired and busy,although I had some time to post some random posts. by the way,it's a pity that Newbie wanted to do the analysis too,especially since he has already done the analysis. perhaps,this time there's no need I do my review,since it would imply newbie's is canceled/with no value.
No, you write your analysis. It's partially my fault for overlooking Newbiew's post, partially his for writing the analysis when he shouldn't have in the first place. Bottom line. You write the stuff, I edit it all into one big thing :arf

The Newbie.

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
No, you write your analysis. It's partially my fault for overlooking Newbiew's post, partially his for writing the analysis when he shouldn't have in the first place. Bottom line. You write the stuff, I edit it all into one big thing :arf
I did the analysis for free. Even if I hadn't written one here I would have done it for myself anyway. Besides, I don't focus on describiing the chapter but what's going on.

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yes,sir :hip ! (:p)

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

Ichigo realizes then that Ivan pulled out soemthing,and wonders what it can be. Meanwhile,Ivan is smiling and that suggest he is pretty confident in that tool of his,which shoots towards Ichigo a lot of energy rays. The shinigami is totally unaware of what's going on,and when Ivan pronounces a magic formula,the former starts suffering,while the reiatsu armor crashes. It looks like Ivan's aim was to force Ichigo to use his bankai in order to destroy it,or Ivan might have changed his mind after being called "arrancar". By the way,due to the fact Ivan already disposed of that weapon, his goal was most likely to destroy Ichigo's bankai. Unfortunately for the Quincy,Ichigo destroys with his sword those energy pillars in front of an astonished Ivan, who is now about to get Zangetsu's Getsuga Tenshou.
Kubo doesn't show us whether it hits Ivan or not, someone may interfer nonetheless,yet the fact the enemy didn't expect Ichigo's counterattack makes me think he hasn't got any other weapon in his arsenal. There should be a reason why Ivan aimed to Zangetsu's bankai, he may be interested in its power,as was Ginjou towards Ichigo's fullbring,although we can't be sure that Ivan's target was just Ichigo, since he didn't appear in front of him 2 chapters ago,but where he and his friend had gathered. It's also possible Ivan needs a Mugetsu user,and the reason he appeared now is due to Ichigo's loss of powers 2 years ago and their recent reactivation thank's to Captains' reiatsu.

The scene moves to Yamamoto and those new antagonists,where Sasakibe is shot by an arrow of those odd enemies, whose arrow reach the wall. Yamamoto is very surprised and worried about his vice-captain, who looks like having just fought those guys,according to the sword he is still holding. It is the zampakuto which hints Sasakibe is still alive, since it is still released,whereas it shouldn't be if the user is dead.
The leader of the enemy warns Yamamoto that Sasakibe's end will be his one as well, telling him that the vice-captain has fought and sacrificed everything,being defeated nonetheless. So,the wrapped guy warns the Captain Commander,who pitiful witnesses the scene, that in 5 days Soul Society will be annihilated by them, revealing they are Vandenreich. As far as I know/read, Vanden comes from Dutch language whereas Reich is German (although it's not very used since the 2nd war world) and means "of (Van) the (den) emprie(reich)". Hence those new villains are "of the Empire"
Another strange thing is how they could have defeated Sasakibe, notwithstanding we haven't seen him in action yet,he must be strong and probably stronger than the other vice-captains,since he is the lieutenant of the Captain Commander (whose power paralyzed Kyoraku's vice-captain in Soul Society). Yamamoto was talking with them, and as replies to his "arrogant words", that arrow arrived in front of him, even though the Vandenreich didn't move at all.
Either those guys are insanely fast,or they are there with some allies who were fighting Sasakibe while the others were threatening Yamamoto,or they dispose of some kind of weapon which arrived when they called for it. This last possibility isn't much suitable to the situation, since it seems they defeated him after he had tried to resist.
Personally,I was a bit disappointed that Yamamoto was astonished and listened to them quietly,instead of wiping the floor out of rage. A good explanation/excuse may be given by the fact he already knew the "Vandenreich",which might have existed before Soul Society Kingdom,and that could be the reason of his tear. Yet the fact they are so sure of themselves makes me think they are really strong,and they shouldn't be so stupid ,as was Ivan, to get their ass kicked. They are the new main villains so they will give us a great arc. However,the fact they are so confident in being able to kill him,makes me wonders something: "if even the Captain Commander can't deal with them,who can?"

that's my job,tell me if I am wrong somewhere,and don't worry: adjust it if I was wrong ;)

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Cool. I already wrote my section and edited everything up until your parts into the review. All that's left is Saito's predictions. Gotta PM him again. :shifty

---------- Post added March 03, 2012 at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was March 02, 2012 at 09:01 PM ----------

Also, to everyone who finished writing their bits into the review. Meanwhile you can go visit the Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread and make there an intro post like you did in this thread, because we'll be discussing all the other review-related stuff over there.

mattiaildivino

Reaction score
Country
Italy
anyway,please don't worry and don't hesitate to modify what I wrote,since I'm sure your English is better than mine and since you should be able to add something that I might have misunderstood in the chapter,if I had. Furthermore,I'd be glad if my points of view are merged with those of The Underscore and of Newbie.

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
anyway,please don't worry and don't hesitate to modify what I wrote,since I'm sure your English is better than mine and since you should be able to add something that I might have misunderstood in the chapter,if I had. Furthermore,I'd be glad if my points of view are merged with those of The Underscore and of Newbie.
On it.

Anyway, if someone can, make a poll. My brain is full of f*ck, I can't come up with one. :bored

The Underscore

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Let's see, a poll concerning this chapter... you have no idea how last minute I usually think these ones up :amuse

Two options:

Vandenreich predicted Soul Society's end in five days. What means could they have to accomplish this?

An elite group of powerful soldiers on par with the captains
An army of mindless drones created from the Rukongai abductees
An extremely powerful bomb, set to go off in five days time
They intend to shift Soul Society off the dimensional grid
A combination of (some of) the aforementioned options
I don't know
I don't care

Second option:
Why would Genryuusai allow Sasakibe to be attacked the way he's been?

He didn't, he just couldn't do anything about it
He would've done it himself eventually
Just for kicks
Genryuusai knows the importance of casualties for plot progression
Sasakibe used to be a great vice-captain, but then he took an arrow to the guts

I'd say these polls are interesting enough :eyeroll.

SaitoSpike

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Cool. I already wrote my section and edited everything up until your parts into the review. All that's left is Saito's predictions. Gotta PM him again. :shifty

---------- Post added March 03, 2012 at 12:53 AM ---------- Previous post was March 02, 2012 at 09:01 PM ----------

Also, to everyone who finished writing their bits into the review. Meanwhile you can go visit the Reviewer Alliance HQ Thread and make there an intro post like you did in this thread, because we'll be discussing all the other review-related stuff over there.
hey i sent that to you yesterday, i didnt know if i should just post it here or if you needed to personally review it first

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
hey i sent that to you yesterday, i didnt know if i should just post it here or if you needed to personally review it first
Check again :ohaielmo

I got your PM alright, and I edited it all into one thing. I'm posting it as we speak... or actually rather write (?)... whatever.

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

OP updated.

The Newbie.

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
Now post it in the reviews page on the Bleach Section.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Wait. Don't post it yet. Who the hell wrote the impression? "Oh, so boring! 12 pages of nothing". Really? After 3 different people wrote analysis, the person who wrote the impression didn't bother to make a more in depth impressiion about the content itself and the direction the story might take? And who is so important to write a personal impression within a review that was written by 5 people? Was there a group discussion about the chapter that I missed? I don't think there was, someone must have decided to write his own opinion in the official thing rather than the comments.

The Underscore

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I have to agree with newbie on this one. It's a bit rash to declare half a chapter boring because there's no indication of the distance between two characters(?). Admittedly, it was obvious Ichigo would be able to break out of Ivan's spell using sheer force, perhaps being the part that's predictable. But that doesn't change the fact that Ivan's goal being to destroy Ichigo's Bankai was something I hadn't seen coming. Still you say that it's your own opinion (though I didn't see that it was Alpha's opinion in the actual review ;)), and you do emphasize that you find character progression more important for this part of the chapter. So I don't really see why we couldn't post this now. Perhaps it will lead to a discussion similar to the one that's (somewhat) started here :amuse.

I do agree with the rest of the impression, mind you.

On a personal note on the captions, for the one with Genryuusai, don't you guys think that it's just a bit disappointing that Genryuusai didn't say, 'there's no better security than me'? It would've gone so much better with the original song :D. Too bad we can't change the fact that Genryuusai says 'than this' in the actual picture :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.