Joint Review of Bleach 491: Toden Engel | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Joint Review of Bleach 491: Toden Engel

vagabond87

Banned
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Ill be late. Ill post my stuff in 2hours.

---------- Post added at 04:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Fanboy

It was one of those chapters that puts smile on persons face for looooong after reading it:yodawg
This chapter - named Toden Engel - gave me feeling that I didnt got since long time. Feeling of extremlly powereful enemy that is not like anything we have seen before. Kirge Opie in the way he looks is exact opposite of Ulquiorras segunda etapa but just like him he can be called definition of power. He is shown to be powerhouse and being able to tank Ichigos getsuga tenshou shoot to his face. If its just first of the opponents I can already imagine how awesome fights are awaiting us in near future:zomg
For most chapter it looks like he cant be harmed in any way by our main hero. If blows from point blank range cant even nick his neck than what can do the trick?! Answer is easy. Allon can. Tres bestias can summon him now even without relasing- that show us how much they evolved. End of the chapter shows us that even Quincy in final form can be put on the ground with brutal strenght of monster among monsters:arro

Design of Kirge is getting more amazing with every chapter- all those world war II references in way he looks, moves and acts make him more and more terrifying to us, readers. Last thing beside art in this chapter that made my eyes bigger was how calm Ichigo was for most of pages. He didnt go bankai right off the bat and tried to see what he can do without it and that is awesome, making him protagonist that we want to see. Even seeing Kirge show off he didnt looked like "Im gonna PWN u with my Bankai bitch:pwnge"(and we all know that he would be able to pull this off in bankai).
This chapter was complete in every way I can think off and that is BIG accomplishment. Way to go Kubo! Give us more of this!:spaz

I will do rest tomorrow morning coz now Im dead tired.

Predictions
When It comes to predictions I have very few ideas about how things can go from now on.
It would be great build up if Allon gets :pwned and I think its most likely outcome. Kirge for last few chapters is shown to be amazingly strong enemy, so I dont think that Allon would beat him up to pulp but we might be in for suprise.
If I go predictable route from here I think that Allon + Ichigo will beat up Kirge and then Allon- that cannot be controlled- will try to attack Ichigo. Then our main hero might go bankai on chimera because Allon IS stronger than shikai Ichi- he managed to hurt Opie using simply brute strenght, normal punch. I think that Ichigo still cant use Bankai because Kirge is badass that Ivan wasnt and he knows that he can end up with his bankai blocked/absorbed by him.
And I think that ending of next chapter would be best time to show us one of the capitans from SS almost beaten up(I hope it wont be some foot-ending chapter once more:gwah) and fighting some Awesome Quincys Stein Still.

Last edited:

OtakuModeEngage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Otaku Hater Debut; Bleach SMASH!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the most eloquent words befitting this tragedy of and exploded G-pen are most simply strained as, ‘this chapter sucked.’ I think we can sum up this chapter’s art with a quote from Ichigo, in what is perhaps his only notable action of this chapter, or indeed notable action of any character in this chapter, as he enlightens us to what is most painfully obvious, “such a sad excuse for a costume.” Although he was regarding only the Quincy’s outfit, it is by no means a far stretch to claim Kubo is being meta here, as give it a page or two, and our villain (forget his name, for its not important) replies that his outfit is indeed, “unnerving.” He trails on to rant about how he’ll execute Ichigo, and as a reader I can’t help but to hope he takes my head first and ends this madness. I find it annoying that Urahara takes the time to explain to Ichigo what we have known since the second arc. I find it aggravating, that Kubo then takes this established fact and throws it out the window, informing us that the so called family of ‘geniuses’, has been reduced in an instant, to ingrates that failed natural selection due to their refusal to evolve. Why would you refuse to better your race, does that make sense? Is that something a genius would choose? If so then Kubo has surely painted the Ishida’s paper thin. No, if one were to accuse Kubo of throwing the quality of his story aside so that he may troll us for another century, they would indeed be correct. And what the hell are Chad, Orihime, and Urahara doing? Picking up dandelions, bowing the seeds, and watching them fly in the wind? There’s a fucking battle going on here! Pointless!

Last edited:

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Poll:

How much do you like Bleach?

• I FUCKING LOVE BLEACH!!!
  • I occasionally enjoy Bleach
  • I take Bleach 2 times a week 3 chapters each
  • Bleach? I've never heard of that pokemon before

---------- Post added at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

updated OP.

/off to PM Otaku to post the review

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Meanwhile you can subscribe in the 492 thread.

And don't make me PM you again to remind you to subscribe :noedu

OtakuModeEngage

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Posted

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

Its sad how easy it was to hate this chapter of Bleach