Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 183 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 183 - Spoilers & Discussion

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Considering how the nen skills had become in the last few chapters, I wouldn't consider it a good thing .....
I kinda like complex abilities. It makes the fights way more interesting than just DBZ levels of punching stuff.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I must admit I didn't understand jack shit and I will just wait for the official translation. But even with that, I might not understand (same as Naobito's ability... Never understood the concept).

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
But even with that, I might not understand (same as Naobito's ability... Never understood the concept).
I think it's based a lot on cartoon frames.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Gege's terrible at explaining the abilities, to the point that it seems that he's intentionally throwing big words in order to make it as convoluted as possible, but I do like the creativity!

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
This shit's starting to remind me of "Black Trigger" in its inanity. Yes I get that fighting manga is essentially soap opera with fancy paper-rocks-scissor thrown in, but fighting manga authors seem to constantly forget that the action is a vehicle that drives the plot, not the other way around.

LeMillion_

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
One of the things I love about jujutsu kaisen is the creativity of the techniques and the way Gege explains them. It makes me want to re-read HxH and Jojo

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
If now Akutami freed Gojo and wrote a manga where he one shots everyone, and brought back Inumaki, Nobara, Nanami and the kids from Kyoto, I bet the interest would be much greater and there would be much less criticism.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
If now Akutami freed Gojo and wrote a manga where he one shots everyone, and brought back Inumaki, Nobara, Nanami and the kids from Kyoto, I bet the interest would be much greater and there would be much less criticism.
Agree.

I like the way Gege is handling it. Can he improve the way he explains abilities ? Yes absolutely, but I don't think it makes the fights boring or too complicated yet. I think HxH is far more complex with a shitload of text to read compared to Jujutsu so far.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Definitely Akutami was very brave to revolutionize his manga and write a story as he likes.

Did he do it right?

Only time will tell.

MonsterEnvy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Considering how the nen skills had become in the last few chapters, I wouldn't consider it a good thing .....
I love the Nen skills in Hunter X Hunter

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Many no, just as many are hating Akutami's complex techniques and big explanations.
I assume you meant, "Many don't."

Have you taken a poll?

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I rely on the various opinions I read around.
Sure, and I can find an equal amount for the other side.

This isn't really the place for it (which is why I'm trying to keep the focus on Kaisen, but it always seems to come back to HxH), but some specifics would be nice (besides "too much text, didn't read").

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
This shit's starting to remind me of "Black Trigger" in its inanity. Yes I get that fighting manga is essentially soap opera with fancy paper-rocks-scissor thrown in, but fighting manga authors seem to constantly forget that the action is a vehicle that drives the plot, not the other way around.
Do you mean World Trigger?
I feel WT is better in terms of explaining the power system and how it's developed. I actually prefer WT ways than JK, but maybe it's just matter of opinion.

Or maybe you meant something else XD

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Do you mean World Trigger?
I feel WT is better in terms of explaining the power system and how it's developed. I actually prefer WT ways than JK, but maybe it's just matter of opinion.

Or maybe you meant something else XD
Probably Black Clover. Though I've never read it.

luck002

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
World Trigger abilities are simple. The fight is a little bit complex just because we have to read almost everyone ways of thinking: players, commentators and spectators. And oh boy they are all a bunch of overly thinking people. Lmao.

JK's abilities and fights are both complex to read. My small brain heat up everytime I read a new fighting scene with new characters. I still enjoy it though.

Senpai_BasedGod

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I feel like people make rash decesions in judging the chapter being that it hasn’t came out yet? I also believe had the technique been something we were more familiar with like Black Jack instead of something that sort of needs a learning curve they’d be less complaining

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sorry yeah meant World Trigger. So tedious and boring, they turned a fighting tournament into a godforsaken team job interview. With written tests and essays and shit.

The chunin exam test in Naruto way back in the day is as close as a fighting manga should ever get to that sort of thing.

Uriel

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Sorry yeah meant World Trigger. So tedious and boring, they turned a fighting tournament into a godforsaken team job interview. With written tests and essays and shit.

The chunin exam test in Naruto way back in the day is as close as a fighting manga should ever get to that sort of thing.
LOL, I ACTUALLY LOVED THAT. A twist on tournaments and shits. Anyway, I don't feel JK is always complex...It's now due to the nature of this arc. I personally don't mind because I feel this is better showcased in anime form, so I can read lightly without trying to understand the ability too much with the knowledge that the anime will make it clearer.