Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 188 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 188 - Spoilers & Discussion

Flippo

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
If you look at the spoilers on Mangabird, you will see Hakari announces a ''special'' gambling move in the end which surprises Kashimo
Link, pls?

nfinitfx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
If you look at the spoilers on Mangabird, you will see Hakari announces a ''special'' gambling move in the end which surprises Kashimo
Perhaps Hakari has 2 domain expansions?

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
With the exception of Higuruma, agreed.

I'm just waiting to get back to the main plot/narrative at this point.
Higuruma's fight was good but Higuruma only needed to be developed enough to basically serve as a source of commentary on Itadori's nature. Maki's "awakening" to
The series is one of the most well-liked in Jump atm. I think it can handle a little pushback.

I can’t speak for lexx, but I never said these characters don’t have any motivations, characterization, or personalities. Just that Higuruma is the only standout in that regard.

And it’s why you usually want to do this characterization before a conflict instead of mid-fight.
Usually or at least in better written series, antagonists also have well developed motivations and backstories, which are then fleshed out with new twists during or after their fights with the protagonists, leaving the audience with an emotional shift after the fight. Think Gaara vs Naruto, Byakuya vs Ichigo, etc. this doesn’t apply to villains; only antagonists.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The chapter ends with Hakari just unleashing yet another domain expansion, even with a hole in his side, to Kashimo's shock. There's no guarantee it will work even, but Hakari is taking a huge gamble.

The Angel

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
I don’t think he’s done if it was the case then I wouldn’t understand why Gojo or Yuta put him that high in their ranking. Plus there is no point for Hajime to win here. He’s basically another Ryu who just want to have the fight of their life

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Usually or at least in better written series, antagonists also have well developed motivations and backstories, which are then fleshed out with new twists during or after their fights with the protagonists, leaving the audience with an emotional shift after the fight. Think Gaara vs Naruto, Byakuya vs Ichigo, etc. this doesn’t apply to villains; only antagonists.
The thing is, those examples were from arcs with a very different structure and objetives, with characters that already had and incredible amount of chapters of built up because they were mostly the final oponents to beat for the MC and had still an unresolved conflict. In this current JJK arc is very different because the arc is about a grand scale battle royale with a lot of participants, which the good guys have to use as means to an end, basically is all about stepping into the unknown. This means, encountering a lot of strangers to fight is pretty much a given.

Basically it gives room for a villain of the week/mini boss type of structure, where they need mostly to be serviceable, and even then, most of the antagonists/characters so far were pretty well characterized during their fights and left alive to become potential allies in the future or have other uses.

Jorden Rivera

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
But these guys shouldn't be getting compared to people Gaara and Byakuya (who were main antagonists of their respective arcs). They're minor villains who serve specific purposes. The Culling Game opponents we've had so far are comparable to antagonists like La Squadra from Jojo Part 5 or think Ikkaku, specifically, from Soul Society. They're written to be opponents of the main characters, but that doesn't mean they're poorly written. We still got motivations and backstories; we just didn't go in-depth with any of them (at least for now). The ones who survive like Higuruma, Ishigori, and Uro are probably going to get more development later (which is why they survive).
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The thing is, those examples were from arcs with a very different structure and objetives, with characters that already had and incredible amount of chapters of built up because they were mostly the final oponents to beat for the MC and had still an unresolved conflict. In this current JJK arc is very different because the arc is about a grand scale battle royale with a lot of participants, which the good guys have to use as means to an end, basically is all about stepping into the unknown. This means, encountering a lot of strangers to fight is pretty much a given.

Basically it gives room for a villain of the week/mini boss type of structure, where they need mostly to be serviceable, and even then, most of the antagonists/characters so far were pretty well characterized during their fights and left alive to become potential allies in the future or have other uses.
Damn, you beat me by seconds.

LeMillion_

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Based on the chibi with the word "death" I believe that Hakari's domain has a modifier for when the user is near death.

Edit : I just remembered that Hakari's fourth roll is always a guaranteed Jackpot.

Last edited:

bernard

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
hakari unleashing his DE at the end of chapter is big. It is his 4th try and it is guaranteed jackpot.
1 failed against charles, 1 successful against charles, 1 successful against kashimo and this one at the end of chapter.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I was thinking about how these chapters do nothing but reiterate how inferior the main character are .....

In short, how many upgrades should Yuji and Megumi have to get there, I don't mean at the level of Yuta, but at least at that of Hakari?

LeMillion_

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I was thinking about how these chapters do nothing but reiterate how inferior the main character are .....

In short, how many upgrades should Yuji and Megumi have to get there, I don't mean at the level of Yuta, but at least at that of Hakari?
Yuji just needs Sukuna's CTs

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
We don't even know what Sukuna's real CT is at this stage. I do hope Yuji will awaken his own, but since I suspect that Yuji is a perfected cursed womb specifically created for the purpose of hosting Sukuna, then this might not happen.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Fucking ouch.
Mad respect for Hakari, what a badass.

It's funny though, I've never seen 4 minutes go by so fast. Also, the detail of RCT being generated from the head while CT from the stomach (abdomen? Stomach sounds odd, so I assume from the center of gravity of the person) is interesting; can you temporarily impair or block CE outflow by a strong punch to the abdomen? A headshot can also kill before RCT can act, that's good to know.

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Fucking ouch.

It's funny though, I've never seen 4 minutes go by so fast.
The funniest thing, is thinking they probably spend whole 4 minutes hitting that container lmao

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Both Hakari and Kashimo are chads. Man this chapter will be lit once animated. Seems the fight will be over next chapter

LeMillion_

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Fucking ouch.

It's funny though, I've never seen 4 minutes go by so fast. Also, the detail of RCT being generated from the head while CT from the stomach (abdomen? Stomach sounds odd, so I assume from the center of gravity of the person) is interesting; can you temporarily impair or block CE outflow by a strong punch to the abdomen? A headshot can also kill before RCT can act, that's good to know.
Kashimo thinks that CE comes from the Abdomen, but Todo already proved this wrong ages ago. Seems like Hakari also understands this too.

For a reminder

"Every individual actually exists in the world with their entire mind, body, and soul, something most people take for granted."