Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 198 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 198 - Spoilers & Discussion

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
The only 2 domains that can fuck up Maki and Toji would be Gojo and Sukuna’s domains. Once you’re in, it’s game over
Gojo on the basis of what we have seen can fuck up Toji even without a domain

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Gojo on the basis of what we have seen can fuck up Toji even without a domain
Totally. I am just saying that his domain is so haxx that I don’t see Maki/Toji beating it just because they have no cursed energy

29views

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
St Lucia
I don't think Gojo's domain would impact Maki/Toji. The sure hit effect would be canceled out. I love Maki's character and development.

TarXan

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Gojo's domain would impact Maki/Toji. The sure hit effect would be canceled out. I love Maki's character and development.
It may, the hit isn’t guaranteed, but maybe if they stay in the domain for too long they may feel the effects of IV

Either way I’m sure Maki & Toji can speed blitz the domain easily before it wraps around them

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Didn’t Gojo’s domain affect regular humans, even those with not enough CE to see curses ?

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Didn’t Gojo’s domain affect regular humans, even those with not enough CE to see curses ?
Yep

But Maki and Toji had 0 cursed energy.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Infinite Void shouldn't have an effect on Maki from what we've been shown, unless we're told later specifically that Gojo's domain locks on enemies regardless of cursed energy levels. So far, it seems as if barriers fail to recognize Maki and Toji as targets, and therefore the sure-hit is nullified by default.

Sukuna's barrierless domain is the only one that counters this phenomenon, in addition to Dismantle and Cleave targeting both inanimate objects with no cursed energy and individuals with cursed energy.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
So zero cursed energy is almost a divide by zero asymptotic power up huh. Insanely enhanced physical ability, “invisibility” to the sixth sense and now immunity to domain expansions.

The “next stage of human evolution” is going to be heavenly restriction for all. Calling it now. Even Sukuna would find that a challenge.

How does Gege explain the rest of the world lacking cursed and cursed energy if to do so means an automatic superhuman power up for all?

Comparing JJK to the MCU: Maki is now captain america, not technically a superhero but more like the pinnacle of what a regular human could become.
Which makes me think why Sukuna is so interested in Megumi. He is the son of Toji, someone who just like Maki had zero cursed energy but was insanely strong and all these 3 are from the same clan. I still think the Zenin clan has something special about them, because most of the families have an innate ability, but the Zenin clan has 1 innate ability and 1 anomaly type of power that opposes all jujutsu world rules. And even this anomaly type energy is different from each user. Because if i remember correctly, Toji couldn't see curses, but Maki can and this is an good example of how even this ability is evolving. Maki is walking the path to become even stronger than Toji, the fanboys like it or not the possibility is really high.
Waiting for Geto reaction for the new level of "monkey" Maki. I hope she punches him in the face.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I know Gojo's domain has a sure hit kill effect, but it seems to more like an AoE that once you're in, you are caught in it and there is no way out. That's why I am a bit debating whether Maki/Toji are really immune from its effects. Sukuna's domain is also an AoE that just attacks anything within the specified range irrespective of whether it is a living being or an inanimate object.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I know Gojo's domain has a sure hit kill effect, but it seems to more like an AoE that once you're in, you are caught in it and there is no way out. That's why I am a bit debating whether Maki/Toji are really immune from its effects. Sukuna's domain is also an AoE that just attacks anything within the specified range irrespective of whether it is a living being or an inanimate object.
I don't know about Sukuna's DE rules, but Gojo's ability destroys everything on a molecular lvl, in that case it doesn't matter if the person has cursed energy or not. So Toji and Maki are probably not immune to the skill, besides, even if they were immune, Gojo has so many more ways to defeat an opponent that i don't think it's even fair to put him in a "human lvl" debate. :3c

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I don't know about Sukuna's DE rules, but Gojo's ability destroys everything on a molecular lvl, in that case it doesn't matter if the person has cursed energy or not. So Toji and Maki are probably not immune to the skill, besides, even if they were immune, Gojo has so many more ways to defeat an opponent that i don't think it's even fair to put him in a "human lvl" debate. :3c
Sukuna's domain doesn't really create a separate dimension/physical space, and so it gives the enemy the option to escape (in theory). However, because of the absurd range and the way the attacks can basically hit anything within the 200m radius, then your only options to survive would be:

1. Fast enough to escape from Sukuna before the attacks are launched. I am not even sure there is anyone who can do that except for Gojo perhaps
  2. Somehow have some resistance/ability to tank the attacks, which no one has displayed so far

Stardustphantom97

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sukuna's domain doesn't really create a separate dimension/physical space, and so it gives the enemy the option to escape (in theory). However, because of the absurd range and the way the attacks can basically hit anything within the 200m radius, then your only options to survive would be:

1. Fast enough to escape from Sukuna before the attacks are launched. I am not even sure there is anyone who can do that except for Gojo perhaps
  2. Somehow have some resistance/ability to tank the attacks, which no one has displayed so far
You can probably cast your Domain to disrupt the the Sure hit effect. But the issue is that Sukuna can keep his Domain open for a long time. So whenever the Sukuna fight starts the only way I see his domain being countered in a meaningful way is that the reason why the range is so huge is at the cost of a barrier and the Sure hits tendencies to ignore defense. So if you're tough enough or have a technique that can shield you it's possible to survive his Domain.

Gaku

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Because if i remember correctly, Toji couldn't see curses, but Maki can and this is an good example of how even this ability is evolving.
Toji has always been able to see curses, and now that Maki in on the same level she can too.

YumekuiYumeji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you think Maki can see dismantle and cleave? Sukuna was impressed that Mahoraga could see it so it seems like a feat that would be relevant to a character who just unlocked the ability to "see everything".

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I think people don’t like Maki because she’s constantly being used a measuring stick to gauge Toji’s prowess. People love Toji but don’t like the idea of Maki being used as his stand in & eventually surpass him. I think a lot if the Maki haters would prefer to see these feats performed by Toji opposed to a character they think’s less cooler
It's funny because Toji is just a supporting character that Gege used to show what one of the protagonists could become.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I can't understand so much hate on Maki when she is an infinitely better character than Toji in every aspect.

I can only imagine that some people here would love to be a member of the Zei'n by the looks of it.

sazon

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Ignoring the fact that Sukuna and Gojo could win without necessarily needing a domain, I really believe she wouldn't be affected, after all, the barrier doesn't recognize her as a target.

Remember that any human being has cursed energy, no matter how weak and that's probably why they are still recognized, Maki and Toji are said to be the only ones with zero energy.

But on second thought, it can all depend on the skill in question. Techniques like Hikari's can be totally useless against her and domains like Jogo, which turn the environment into lava can affect her.

It's still too early to be sure how well this works.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Chapter confirms a lot of things about Maki:
She is on Toji Level (sorry fanboys, this is canon now).
She can see "everything's souls".
Her sword is a replica of Toji's and can cut souls no matter how hard the skin/durability is and the condition to cut it is the capability to see the souls (which she has now)... imagine Maki cutting a building in half...
DEs can't sure-hit her when summoned.
DEs can't trap her inside if she doesn't choose to participate/accept the rules.
She is "invisible" to cursed energy.
Mai's soul is inside the sword and Maki can see her sister because as the chapter revealed, She can see the souls of everything with her eyes now.
She can move freely inside domains if she is not bound by the rules.
Maki is called "fierce human-god of war" at the end of chapter. :tss but this is basically Yuuji's/Sukuna "title" when he is possessed.

Neala897

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Chapter confirms a lot of things about Maki:
She is on Toji Level.
She can see "everything's souls".
Her sword is a replica of Toji's and can cut souls no matter how hard the skin/durability is and the condition to cut it is the capability to see the souls (which she has now)... imagine Maki cutting a building in half...
DEs can't sure-hit her when summoned.
DEs can't trap her inside if she doesn't choose to participate/accept the rules.
She is "invisible" to cursed energy.
Mai's soul is inside the sword and Maki can see her sister because as the chapter revealed, She can see the souls of everything with her eyes now.
She can move freely inside domains if she is not bound by the rules.
Maki is called "fierce human-god of war" at the end of chapter. :tss but this is basically Yuuji's/Sukuna "title" when he is possessed.
It does sound a lot like Mary Sue type. Though again Gege loves this trope

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It does sound a lot like Mary Sue type. Though again Gege loves this trope
Yep, and with 90% of the series with a bunch of Marty Stu as well :twitch