Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 214 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 214 - Spoilers & Discussion

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Yuji's basic speed, strength, and durability are now obviously and undeniably superhuman. Yuji has cursed energy, else cleave wouldn't have touched him and Sukuna would've commented on that and switched to dismantle. He's not quite up to Sukuna's level though; he still got shredded by a weakened cleave.

Sukuna seemingly recognizing Yuji as being similar to someone he encountered in the past makes me think Sukuna's stacked up against a heavenly restriction user before.

$5 says the whole point Yuji is an experiment to see what you get if you make a hybrid human/special grade curse and then completely suppress the special grade "side" to the point where it counts as a heavenly restriction. If heavenly restriction is a powerup to essentially balance out the demerit from the loss of cursed energy, going from a special grade level to zero would be massive.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Yuji's basic speed, strength, and durability are now obviously and undeniably superhuman.
Well, they always have been like this

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Out

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Seriously hoping Angel didnt die from just that. If that really is the end for her then that was just pathetic writing.
Splat lol. Sukuna would've gotten points if she died. Plus there's more to explore considering their history/differences. Its interesting looking back last chapter, Sukuna took the attack head on, could've evaded like he did vs. Jogo or even cleaved Hana. Then, used his vessel to manipulate Hana, and threw her like trash. Basically, spitting all over Angel and his/her ideals. Though now I wonder if Angel's attack is what opened things for Megumi's counter.

Probably the first time I've found myself enjoying Yuji's character in the series.
:nah at least better late than never

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
:nah at least better late than never
Sukuna was the only interesting thing about him. Genuinely never really found him interesting at all. His morality thing about feeling guilty over the Shibuya stuff was good but I feel like it didnt affect his characterization much in the long run.
You are a fan of him? I actually dont know your favorite JJK characters, just realized.:XD

Then, used his vessel to manipulate Hana, and threw her like trash. Basically, spitting all over Angel and his/her ideals. Though now I wonder if Angel's attack is what opened things for Megumi's counter.
Feel like Megumi has been fighting internally this whole time. Naruto is the one who opened things for the counter :nod

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sukuna was the only interesting thing about him. Genuinely never really found him interesting at all. His morality thing about feeling guilty over the Shibuya stuff was good but I feel like it didnt affect his characterization much in the long run.
You are a fan of him? I actually dont know your favorite JJK characters, just realized.:XD
Favorites are Sukuna, Nanamin, and Todo in that order. Yours? A decent gap after these three, but I think Yuji's solid, really liked him in Shibuya, and for CG, his encounter with Higurama and this chap were strong too.

Feel like Megumi has been fighting internally this whole time. Naruto is the one who opened things for the counter :nod
Lol. Though that would go against what Sukuna said in the opening of last chapter.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Favorites are Sukuna, Nanamin, and Todo in that order. Yours? A decent gap after these three, but I think Yuji's solid, really liked him in Shibuya, and for CG, his encounter with Higurama and this chap were strong too.
Megumi, Sukuna, Yuta. Sadly this series has a subpar female cast :nah I feel like Maki is overrated a bit, that whole Zenin massacre thing was one of the lowest points of the story tbh.
To me Yuta feels like a better MC than Yuji. JJK Zero was great.

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Eeeeeeeeeh

To me Yuta has nothing on Yuji other than power. JJK wouldnt work if Yuta kept being the MC, his story ended in vol 0. And honestly Vol 0 is the weakest and most generic thing Gege ever wrote imo.

Last edited:

Orion

Reaction score
Country
United States
:hi5

Sadly this series has a subpar female cast :nah I feel like Maki is overrated a bit, that whole Zenin massacre thing was one of the lowest points of the story tbh.
Still salty about Yuki and Uro's treatment. I don't see the female cast as anything noteworthy but it gets praise, given how low the bar other series its compared to set. My hot take is Nobara is very overrated. She had 2 great moments, but she's irrelevant in Jujutsu, and there's nothing really interesting there to explore.

I probably put them on the same tier.

Hermit

Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
To me Yuta has nothing on Yuji other than power. JJK wouldnt work if Yuta kept being the MC, his story ended in vol 0. And honestly Vol 0 is the weakest and most generic thing Gege ever wrote imo.
Weakest? How so?

Also the chapters following Yuta in the Culling Game were the strongest in the whole arc imo. He's OP, but his character has a certain nuance to it. Unlike Gojou who's happy go lucky all the time.
He would be a decent MC.

My hot take is Nobara is very overrated. She had 2 great moments, but she's irrelevant in Jujutsu, and there's nothing really interesting there to explore.
But when will Nobara come back, Gege-sensei? :nerd

Agree with you on her being overrated. All she did in the Shibuya arc was get destroyed by Mahito.

The best female character is Mei Mei. Shes actually gotten stuff done in the series. Unfortunately she bangs her own brother :-_-

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Weakest? How so?
Probably because it was written by Gege when he was still immature as a mangaka, and it was perceived as a short manga for its own sake that shouldn't have future repercussions.

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Weakest? How so?
Is so PAINFULLY generic, almost Black Clover vol 1 levels of generic, the characters werent as well defined, a lot of extremely vague elements, and Yuta became too much of an untouchable god in just a couple of chapters. Is so clear it was just an inexperienced Gege and it was meant to be a one off thing.

Also the chapters following Yuta in the Culling Game were the strongest in the whole arc imo. He's OP, but his character has a certain nuance to it. Unlike Gojou who's happy go lucky all the time.
He would be a decent MC.
I respectfully disagree about Yuta having the best chapters in the arc (although to each his own) but Yuta right now is just an OP dude who is borderline gary stu, and his personality revolves around friendship and love. And sorry but that take on Gojo is abysmal.

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I also get a strong Mary-Sue from Yuta's character. At least Gojo's enigmatic as a character, Yuta doesn't have any of that mystery or charisma.

From the way the official release phrases it, it sounds like Sukuna recognizes Yuji as "From that time", which I'm interpreting to mean "someone who rivalled Sukuna in his own era". Would there be any way to incarnate an older era's version of Fushigoro Toji? I mean that old witch did, and her technique screwed up since he overwrote her charm and since he wasn't dependant on cursed energy he was basically an unstoppable terminator (JJK's version of edotensei anyone?).

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
From the way the official release phrases it, it sounds like Sukuna recognizes Yuji as "From that time", which I'm interpreting to mean "someone who rivalled Sukuna in his own era". Would there be any way to incarnate an older era's version of Fushigoro Toji? I mean that old witch did, and her technique screwed up since he overwrote her charm and since he wasn't dependant on cursed energy he was basically an unstoppable terminator (JJK's version of edotensei anyone?).
But it must be said that we saw Yuji as a newborn, and also his father (identical to him).