Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 219 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 219 - Spoilers & Discussion

Flexadelic

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
According to Yuji, Yuta should be able to handle Sukuna with 15 fingers, and I don't see why Sukuna wouldn't want to reach his fullest potential.
Perhaps this was the case when Sukuna was with Yuji, I don't know if 10 Shadows Sukuna with a fully tamed mahoraga and with better control can be beaten by Yuta. Also I wouldn't place too much weight on Yuta's words, since Yorozu also claimed that she would kill Sukuna, and I'd argue that Yorozu known better about Sukuna than Yuta did about him a few hundred years after.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Perhaps this was the case when Sukuna was with Yuji, I don't know if 10 Shadows Sukuna with a fully tamed mahoraga and with better control can be beaten by Yuta. Also I wouldn't place too much weight on Yuta's words, since Yorozu also claimed that she would kill Sukuna, and I'd argue that Yorozu known better about Sukuna than Yuta did about him a few hundred years after.
Yuta hasn't been serious yet, in my opinion people tend to consider too much what they saw during the three-way showdown in Sendai.

If he is considered the strongest sorcerer of the modern era after Gojo, therefore even superior to Tsukumo who almost killed Kenjaku, there must be a reason.

Flexadelic

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yuta hasn't been serious yet, in my opinion people tend to consider too much what they saw during the three-way showdown in Sendai.

If he is considered the strongest sorcerer of the modern era after Gojo, therefore even superior to Tsukumo who almost killed Kenjaku, there must be a reason.
Perhaps there is a reason, I don't deny the existence of such reason, but to consider Yuta's words as something definite is probably wrong, since we have enough reason to doubt it too, but so far the feats being shown, weighs in favor of Sukuna. Not to mention, no one really knows what Sukuna's CT is, what's there to say that Yuta can absolutely counter that?

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Who are "everyone else"?
At the moment, the only ones who should be stronger than him in 1 v 1 are a few characters, and almost all of them are quite strong.

Compared to the average sorcerer he is still at a very high level.
We don't care about the average sorcerer though not sure how they're relevant to the point I'm making.

Maki, Yuta, Hakari, Kenjaku, Sukuna, Urame and Kashimo are far stronger the Yuji.

Yuji's strength, speed and durability only amount to so much.

Hence my point to Yuji needing a power up, because whatever way you wanna look at it the way he currently is he'll just be used as back in a fight.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I wouldn't bet too much on Uraume.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Not to mention, no one really knows what Sukuna's CT is, what's there to say that Yuta can absolutely counter that?
As mentioned, we also have no idea of the limit of Yuta's CT

Flexadelic

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wouldn't bet too much on Uraume.

As mentioned, we also have no idea of the limit of Yuta's CT
Didn't say that we did, I'm just saying how the feats that has been shown weighs in favor of Sukuna, and just the sole statement of Yuta saying he could beat 15f Sukuna, or saying he isn't serious doesn't really add much to the argument.

Athrin

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What's the point of bringing up who can beat who when we're not even at that point yet? Aside from that, Yuji just scaled a building at least 35 stories, with a jump, from the base level. It's pretty clear in 214 a change happened to him. And the fact he kept up with Maki - who we all know became a lot stronger recently - should further exemplify that. We don't really know anything about what he can do because we don't know how Kenjaku changed him.

I can't imagine who we switch to next week. Would've loved to know more about Tsumiki, but that's pretty much it for all Zenin clans relations.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I can't imagine who we switch to next week. Would've loved to know more about Tsumiki, but that's pretty much it for all Zenin clans relations.
Considering she wasn't even a Zenin and her only reason for being in the story was Megumi....

Come to think of it, we've never even seen her speak, outside of flashbacks.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
What's the point of bringing up who can beat who when we're not even at that point yet? Aside from that, Yuji just scaled a building at least 35 stories, with a jump, from the base level. It's pretty clear in 214 a change happened to him. And the fact he kept up with Maki - who we all know became a lot stronger recently - should further exemplify that. We don't really know anything about what he can do because we don't know how Kenjaku changed him.

Yuji is an experiment on manipulating the rules of Heavenly Restriction. The details will be fun but that's been literally his character from the moment Fushigoro saw him in highschool and remarked that he's similar to Maki.

I think something most people haven't considered with regards to Yuta is this: his copy technique involves consumption of a part of the CT user's body. Whether or not he can counter Sukuna with his current arsenal of techniques is an interesting question, but Yuta eats a piece of someone to gain their power. What's going to happen if another of Sukuna's fingers shows up? Will Yuta risk possession and eat it? Or maybe ingest a drop of blood from Yuji? Or a hair of Yuji's from his brush when he was Sukuna's vessel?

Yuta might be able to copy Sukuna's technique and with that, analyze it. He wouldn't stand up to Sukuna in terms of output, but he'll be able to copy him.

I really, really wish Gege would quit it with these throwaway characters who are supposed to have emotional impact with their deaths. You have to DEVELOP a character first to have any impact with their absence, either on the plot or emotions of the characters and readers.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I really, really wish Gege would quit it with these throwaway characters who are supposed to have emotional impact with their deaths. You have to DEVELOP a character first to have any impact with their absence, either on the plot or emotions of the characters and readers.
Technically the character we should feel sorry for is Tsumiki, no Yorozu.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
That's the wild part. Tsumiki was seen all the way back in 136 when it comes to Kenjaku and then connected to the Culling Game in 143, and this is all you do with her... 🤦‍♂️

Why it's important to have actual plotting instead of fight after fight after fight after fight.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
That's the wild part. Tsumiki was seen all the way back in 136 when it comes to Kenjaku and then connected to the Culling Game in 143, and this is all you do with her... 🤦‍♂️
More than anything, as mentioned, outside of flashbacks we haven't even seen her speak.

Why it's important to have actual plotting instead of fight after fight after fight after fight.
This is not the problem.

It's not how much you use a character, it's how you use it.

Not surprisingly, a character like Toji, despite appearing for about ten chapters, still managed to establish himself in the hearts of fans.

An arc over a tournament.....with battles upon battles?

But look how strange.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Not convinced Yuta can do much against Sukuna as he is. He didn't go for the kill against Uro and Ryu, but he was serious enough to use full abilities of Rika plus a domain. Sukuna so far one shotted Ryu (something Yuta couldn't do no matter how you look at it), and was toying with Yorozu like its nothing. Add the fact that his CT is not even known...

We can argue about Yuta beating Kenjaku, but not Sukuna imo.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Not convinced Yuta can do much against Sukuna as he is. He didn't go for the kill against Uro and Ryu, but he was serious enough to use full abilities of Rika plus a domain
But he didn't use it in the end.

And despite this, he still won.

An important rule in manga is that one should never dwell on whether character X had a hard time against character Y as a measure of strength.

Otherwise, we would assume that Hanami was only weak because she was pushed to the limit by Yuji and Todo

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Hanami is strong, but weak when compared against certain characters. Gojo wouldn't have been manhandled by Yuji and Todo that way no matter what.

No one is arguing about Yuta being weak, but whether he is strong enough to take on Sukuna based on his previous feats.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Speaking in terms of One Piece, it's like judging Shanks weaker than the other Yonkou because in his first appearance he got his arm eaten by a sea monster.

The three-way showdown in Sendai should be taken for what it is, a demonstration fight that serves to introduce Yuta into the story.

On his next challenging fight, surely Yuta will bring out more powers and abilities, I take that for granted.

Dynamight

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Damn I feel for Megumi. I’m interested to see what happens with him, he’s broken, lost the only family he had left. Gege & Sukuna are cold. This is going to get really dark. I’m having a hard time seeing how this works outs for the good guys. Gojo’s return is looking like a miss now. Idk what to expect from Yuta & what he can do to Sukuna. Yuji’s head is spinning rn & he’ll only suffer more once he finds out what Sukuna did to Megumi. Wth happened to Angel, alive or dead? & Kenjaku may still have an Ace up his sleeve. Villains are up BIG.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Byakuya769

Reaction score
Country
United States
Sukuna’s personality seemed very different in the Hein era.