Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 219 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 219 - Spoilers & Discussion

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Sukuna’s personality seemed very different in the Hein era.
Not really.

Sadistic tyrants don’t kill everyone they see. There’d be no one to fear and worship them. They torture, kill, abuse, and above all enjoy themselves and the process of ruling with an iron fist by fear.

Also IIRC Sukuna was a human originally. How he became the king of curses is an interesting question because he’d have had to be killed for that to happen.

Byakuya769

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not really.

Sadistic tyrants don’t kill everyone they see. There’d be no one to fear and worship them. They torture, kill, abuse, and above all enjoy themselves and the process of ruling with an iron fist by fear.

Also IIRC Sukuna was a human originally. How he became the king of curses is an interesting question because he’d have had to be killed for that to happen.
Nothing to do with killing whoever he sees, and more to do with his general indifference in that era. This is in contrast to his sarcasm and sadistic enjoyment in causing others misery and seeing their despair for the bulk of the series.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
English translation
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't think Sukuna was a human who died and then returned as a spirit, rather, I believe he is like Tengen. A human who has somehow transcended humanity by becoming something akin to curses.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Can Sukuna summon Mahoraga's wheel and have its adaptation effect affect him personally? It's as if he used his own body as the vessel for the adaptation technique, and then passed it on to Mahoraga so it could make use of it.

If true, that gets rid of Mahoraga's downside of being able to be one-shot before it adapts, as carrying the wheel's effect on to Sukuna makes him the "tank." As he gradually adapts, he can shift the wheel, and then turn the fight into a two-versus-one, with him having an adapted Mahoraga by his side.
Having Madoka Deer by his side will likely allow him to save up on Cursed Energy by not having to use Reversed Cursed Technique as well...

I'm starting to see what the big deal about the Ten Shadows is. It's even becoming believable that it can match Limitless and the Six Eyes.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Can Sukuna summon Mahoraga's wheel and have its adaptation effect affect him personally? It's as if he used his own body as the vessel for the adaptation technique, and then passed it on to Mahoraga so it could make use of it.

If true, that gets rid of Mahoraga's downside of being able to be one-shot before it adapts, as carrying the wheel's effect on to Sukuna makes him the "tank." As he gradually adapts, he can shift the wheel, and then turn the fight into a two-versus-one, with him having an adapted Mahoraga by his side.
Having Madoka Deer by his side will likely allow him to save up on Cursed Energy by not having to use Reversed Cursed Technique as well...

I'm starting to see what the big deal about the Ten Shadows is. It's even becoming believable that it can match Limitless and the Six Eyes.
Yes that's what he did. But what I find interesting is that Sukuna tamed Mahoraga without going through the ceremony. I am not sure whether this is the Sukuna haxx in play, but can we assume that Megumi has de facto control over Mahoraga now (assuming of course that Sukuna will be kicked out fro Megumi's body one way or another).

Agreed as well. I can see how the Zenin ancestor could stand up to the Limitless.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Yes that's what he did. But what I find interesting is that Sukuna tamed Mahoraga without going through the ceremony. I am not sure whether this is the Sukuna haxx in play, but can we assume that Megumi has de facto control over Mahoraga now (assuming of course that Sukuna will be kicked out fro Megumi's body one way or another).

Agreed as well. I can see how the Zenin ancestor could stand up to the Limitless.
I think he just tamed it off-screen; it feels like Akutami's skipping stuff that does not have to be shown but can instead be implied.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I feel Sukuna was a Lower Tier Special Grade Sorceror as a human, then had someone kill him without curse energy and became a Vengeful Spirit. We could see Naoya had a substantial increase in power from dying that way and he was just Supreme Grade 1.
There’s a definitive reason why sorceror families are seemingly constantly reminded to kill sorcerers with cursed energy and I feel Sukuna might be the reason. With the founders of the big 3 families most likely doing the same thing as Sukuna to cement their power in a time of [on average] more powerful sorcerers.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I feel Sukuna was a Lower Tier Special Grade Sorceror as a human, then had someone kill him without curse energy and became a Vengeful Spirit. We could see Naoya had a substantial increase in power from dying that way and he was just Supreme Grade 1.
There’s a definitive reason why sorceror families are seemingly constantly reminded to kill sorcerers with cursed energy and I feel Sukuna might be the reason. With the founders of the big 3 families most likely doing the same thing as Sukuna to cement their power in a time of [on average] more powerful sorcerers.
In my opinion the fact that Kenjaku sees Sukuna in Tengen is a sign that the two are similar characters.

Also because Sukuna seems to be known even by simple humans in the Heian era.