Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 229 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 229 - Spoilers & Discussion

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
He was a sorcerer, that learned how to turn himself into cursed objects. His name is the King of Curses. He is also an incarnation. I'd say he is more Curse than Human atm.
He can't be a simple sorcerer, because his appearance was anything but human.

lexx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
He was a sorcerer, that learned how to turn himself into cursed objects. His name is the King of Curses. He is also an incarnation. I'd say he is more Curse than Human atm.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

New tech for sure. Haven't seen him use Blue or Purple yet either.
His opening shot at Sukuna, with the boost by Utahime, was "purple".

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
He can't be a simple sorcerer, because his appearance was anything but human.
It seems like you just stopped reading my comment when you got the word Sorcerer.

I said he was a Sorcerer, and then listed all his other definitions. He is called the King of Curses which suggests he is a curse.

He is also an incarnation on a human's body, so he is driving a human like a soul does.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
It seems like you just stopped reading my comment when you got the word Sorcerer.

I said he was a Sorcerer, and then listed all his other definitions. He is called the King of Curses which suggests he is a curse.

He is also an incarnation on a human's body, so he is driving a human like a soul does.
Geto was also referred to as a curse in Zero. A curse is not a cursed spirit.

Besides, Sukuna cannot be a cursed spirit because he uses Reverse Cursed Technique and he kept differentiating himself from Jogo and the rest.

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Geto was also referred to as a curse in Zero. A curse is not a cursed spirit.

Besides, Sukuna cannot be a cursed spirit because he uses Reverse Cursed Technique and he kept differentiating himself from Jogo and the rest.
It's an interesting debatable point. I think him being able to use Reverse Cursed Technique has to do with him being incarnated to a host. He has mentioned it was the power of his host that has held him back (In his fight with Yuuji).

He can also use his own Domain and the cursed techniques of his host. As we haven't had clarification, it is still ambiguous.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
He's not a cursed spirit, but he's not a human either

Rjbtv

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
He's not a cursed spirit, but he's not a human either
Sukuna likely Kenjaku's first succesful experiment at creating something beyond human and beyond cursed spirit. much like what he is trying to do with Tengen which will be many times bigger. He has been somewhat failing at creating something bigger and better because he needs specific conditions to succeed, which were not present for a thousand years

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So does Gojo lose here or does he pull out some new technique to turn the tides?
I wouldn't be shocked if we would pull something similiar to Gojo and Toji thing when Gojo dies and comebacks after few chapters in this case.

Unless Sukuna will eat his body I can see him coming back more likely than Nobara :yodawg

Last edited:

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am new here. Caught up to the manga. When does the next chapter come out?

Having symptoms of impatience 😢

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Hi I am new here. Caught up to the manga. When does the next chapter come out?

Having symptoms of impatience 😢
Usually with the other Weekly Shonen like One Piece, Black Clover, MHA etc. so basically every Sunday if you're looking for official Translations. You can get your hands on some Fan Translations between Thursday and Friday most of the times though.

Other than that, welcome to the Jujutsu Domain.

So does Gojo lose here or does he pull out some new technique to turn the tides?
Goatjo ain't gonna lose. Not sure about some new Technique coming into play here next but i don't think his struggle with Mahoraga will last too long, what's more worrisome is what Sukuna is gonna plot while this is all going on.

Gojo is definitely gonna suffer from this battle's backlash though, his allies are gonna have to be quick when this is over. That nosebleed picked Okkotsu's attention for a reason after all.

joedorben

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
American Samoa
What manga are you reading? He's the GOAT in many shapes and forms, lol.
How? He's just the current iteration of Six Eyes + Limitless, it's like saying if someone made a carbon copy clone of Magic Johnson in 100 years and that clone accomplished exactly the same things as Magic did, that the clone would be the GOAT. Like, he can't be a GOAT due purely to the fact that MJ/Lebron exists, but there's also nothing whatsoever separating him from the original Magic Johnson in terms of greatness

Calm down bro it's just a fictional character.

like someone said before I hope this fight goes on for a little bit more and has un unpredictable conclusion.
storywise it has always been extremely obvious that sukuna was gonna win, from even before the fight began. also gojo can't do anything to mahoraga, his ct is burnt out, and he's about to be in sukuna's domain rn (which he won't be able to destroy bc mahoraga will destroy unlimited void if he even manages to use it again). his death is imminent. gege hasn't done anything unpredictable since shibuya, why do you expect him to start again now?
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Goatjo ain't gonna lose. Not sure about some new Technique coming into play here next but i don't think his struggle with Mahoraga will last too long, what's more worrisome is what Sukuna is gonna plot while this is all going on.

Gojo is definitely gonna suffer from this battle's backlash though, his allies are gonna have to be quick when this is over. That nosebleed picked Okkotsu's attention for a reason after all.
Again with the silly "Goatjo" shit, he's far from that. And wdym, of course he is gonna lose. There is literally nothing he can do. Mahoraga is right there and his CT is burnt out

Seraph

Reaction score
Country
Finland
Again with the silly "Goatjo" shit, he's far from that. And wdym, of course he is gonna lose. There is literally nothing he can do. Mahoraga is right there and his CT is burnt out
I guess you just fail to understand the greatness that is Goatjo Satoru.

Goatjo can do all kinds of things at this point, the Mangaka's G-Pen is still burning hot after all.

As a Fan all i need to believe this is:

Oh, and this:
How? He's just the current iteration of Six Eyes + Limitless, it's like saying if someone made a carbon copy clone of Magic Johnson in 100 years and that clone accomplished exactly the same things as Magic did, that the clone would be the GOAT. Like, he can't be a GOAT due purely to the fact that MJ/Lebron exists, but there's also nothing whatsoever separating him from the original Magic Johnson in terms of greatness
This is a really dumb comparison. Why would anyone care about the previous Six Eyes + Limitless Users when they've never been on screen/panel? We call Goatjo the GOAT because he quite literally is the most impressive and skilled Jujutsu Sorcerer we've seen on panel throughout the entire Manga.

Having said that:

Last edited:

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
He really isn't, he's a genius that does everything on his first try who just happens to have Limitless and the Six Eyes.
Based on portrayal, Gojo is far above all of his predecessors; the fact he just bested a 20-finger Sukuna (without the Ten Shadows) is a clear indicator of that.

Kenjaku stated 400 years ago that Sukuna was without question the absolute best, and that was around the time the last Six Eyes and Limitless user was around. That indicates that the previous user was not close to Sukuna's level; Satoru is just that much better.

Gaku

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
Kenjaku stated 400 years ago that Sukuna was without question the absolute best, and that was around the time the last Six Eyes and Limitless user was around. That indicates that the previous user was not close to Sukuna's level; Satoru is just that much better.
i thought the last one born with both was 100 years ago.

Gallon

Artichoke
Reaction score
Country
Joker
i thought the last one born with both was 100 years ago.

The picture doesn't load, but I believe it was stated Satoru is the first to be born with both in 400 years.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just realized I’ve seen people seriously argue the whole “Goatjo” but this fight has proven that Gojo is stronger than Sukuna based on what we’ve seen. If Sukuna didn’t have a vessel he would have lost. Fushigoro’s Ten Shadows is the only reason he’s able to keep matching Gojo.The ability to use Mahoraga prevented him from taking an L.Sukuna is outclassed without Fushigoro’s body. If this was Sukuna 1000 years ago he’d be dead now. He’d be dead if that was Itadori’s body he possessed instead.

Some of you won’t like it but based on this fight and this fight alone Sukuna was only the best because Gojo wasn’t born yet.He’s not outclassed but Gojo definitely has the edge

korwinkrulpolski

Reaction score
Country
Poland
You don't know that. Sukuna might as well planned the battle like that because he knew he could turn the Mahoraga wheel in the shadows and adapt to Limitless.

We don't know full scope of Sukuna abilities, we don't even know what his innate technique is or what "open" technique does and mean beside the fire arrow. I wouldn't jump to such conclusion given Sukuna regeneration and physical abilities are on a different level. He's probably not as near being to his limit as Gojo's is, hence nose bleeding.

Griffithpt

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
So, I may be completely wrong here but I think we might have a hint on how this battle might end with this chapter. Since it was Megumi's soul and not Sukuna's that adapted to limitless, and since Sukuna has experienced the damage of limitless first-hand, I think the winning move would be for Gojo to get rid of Mahoraga and then be in a position where he is sure to hit Sukuna with Limitless. Since Sukuna himself didn't adapt to limitless, but rather Megumi's soul did, he would have to give Megumi temporary control over his body to avoid disintegrating, thinking that he could get it back very quickly afterwards.

It would be poetic if the Sukuna's Trump card against Gojo ended up being the very thing that enabled his defeat.

Or I might be completely wrong... but whatever, just a thought that crossed my mind since both parties seem to be nearing their limits.