Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 230 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 230 - Spoilers & Discussion

Lord Escanor

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
So Sukuna's burned out his own brain just like Gojo with the repeated domain + RCT + domain spamming. Yay! This frankly monotonous domain battle is over. Never thought it'd be possible for me to be bored with a Sukuna & Gojo domain fight, yet here we are.

Megumi's CT hasn't been burned out yet, Sukuna's got that departing gift from Yorozu. He's still favored to win.
UV messed up sukuna's brain, not RCT and domain spamming.

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Because they need to stay nearby in case Gojo loses so they can jump Sukuna. Sending half after Kenjaku would only get that half killed.
You think? Damn. So they're banking on Gojo to defeat both Sukuna and Kenjaku?

Anyway, finally the DE round is over. Now, it's pure CT skill. Hopefully we'll see the fire tech now and also the maximum techs.

MonsterEnvy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
That would be very much like him but since he needs Sukuna to do him a favour, I suspect he will focus on GOATJO instead
Kenjaku is not going to come.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Gege has been cooking this entire fight!

I still don't understand why half the group aren't hunting him.
Cause they need to all be around to fight Sukuna if Gojo loses, and they don't know where Kenjaku is.

Dynamight

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
GeGe is writing at an all time high!. Now that the DE battle is over. It’s all about hands, CT & skill. These cliffhangers are so Great & misleading, are things gonna work out in Gojo’s favor?, is Sukuna going to use what Yorozu gave him?, idk what to expect now honestly. Enjoying this ride & great writing.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Alright. Now I say with the utmost confidence that Gojo is in fact stronger than Heian Era Sukuna and I don’t feel like his CT is a significant enough factor to argue otherwise.

This was awesome. They’re so much better than everyone else. Itadori is severely underpowered for a protagonist in this kind of manga

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Alright. Now I say with the utmost confidence that Gojo is in fact stronger than Heian Era Sukuna and I don’t feel like his CT is a significant enough factor to argue otherwise.

This was awesome. They’re so much better than everyone else. Itadori is severely underpowered for a protagonist in this kind of manga
I'm curious, where is the confidence from?

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm curious, where is the confidence from?
With Mahoraga, another person’s soul and the ability to choose between his and another person’s Cursed Technique he still managed to fight Gojo to essentially a draw. And now that Sukuna’s explained that he pretty much sacrificed his cursed technique to combat infinite void, im certain whatever his ability is will have made no difference against infinite void. Sukuna decided his best chance at beating Gojo was an ability not his own and still only managed the result we have.

You PC Bro

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder if Gojo has something else beyond Purple. By his own words, Purple is known to only a few within his clan, but given that he's basically the uber genius of the series, I wonder if he's developed something beyond Purple and just never had a reason to use it because nobody's given him this kind of a fight before.

Lord of Shadows

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Guys I dont know but im feeling the fear about gojo goin to die.. i dont know how but somehow will die by Sukuna secret move, i dont know..

I Am Atomic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I dont know but im feeling the fear about gojo goin to die.. i dont know how but somehow will die by Sukuna secret move, i dont know..
I think Gojo has to die for the story to progress. He is way too strong for the enemies to make any threatening moves. Yuji, Megumi, Hikari and Yuta all need to step up their game.

Then there is also Kashimo with his one use CT that can only be used against Sukuna.

I wonder if Sukuna will die with Gojo or he will be the final boss?

Wookitake

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Given the connection between Sukuna and Yuji, I prefer him to be the final boss, not Kenny.

But if I had to guess, it would be Kenjaku. An even more powerful version, to be precise. How he'll get there I don't know.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Given the connection between Sukuna and Yuji, I prefer him to be the final boss, not Kenny.

But if I had to guess, it would be Kenjaku. An even more powerful version, to be precise. How he'll get there I don't know.
Sort of agree. Kenny’s currently pretty strong but two or three grade 1 sorcerers with appropriate CT could take him down. His whole master plan is increasingly looking like “I want the world to give birth to a whole new kind of superpower Ed human/curse hybrid which I will then parasitically possess”.

JJK’s whole deal is repetition and variation of some of the more annoying macguffins central to the plot of Naruto. Namely immortality via body possession and as a means to facilitate multi-lifetime research into the nature of chakra/cursed energy.

Kenny’s whole thing is that he’s JJK’s version of Naruto’s Orochimaru. He possesses new bodies and gains their cursed techniques in addition to his own, while expanding the horizons of cursed energy knowledge via human experimentation. His current gambit seems almost like he’s trying to birth the JJK version of Naruto’s Jyuubi which he will then become the host of.

Sukuna is essentially JJK’s version of Naruto’s Uchiha Madara combined with the 9-tailed demon fox. Starting out as the “nuclear batter” powering Itadori Yuji’s newfound chakra on sorry cursed energy, he’s now become more like Uchiha Madara - history’s most feared villain, who’s figured out body-hopping himself in the same way as Orochimaru/Kenjaku.

Naruto kind of..punted on the whole “what is chakra” thing (powers gained from an alien tree’s fruit, at first used to supercharge human connection and empathy, later on used to supercharge human physical prowess).

JJK has, to me, spent more time contemplating the ramifications, origins, and future potential of cursed energy. While it’s calibre of plot and character writing has been overall far below that of Naruto, I’m hoping that it does a better job with exploring the philosophy of humans having magic that is essentially powered by negative emotions. (Funny enough that’s essentially the explanation in Naruto of how the Sharingan works).

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Sort of agree. Kenny’s currently pretty strong but two or three grade 1 sorcerers with appropriate CT could take him down.
I doubt it. If it didn't succeed one of the four strongest sorcerers in the world....

Last edited:

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Sort of agree. Kenny’s currently pretty strong but two or three grade 1 sorcerers with appropriate CT could take him down. His whole master plan is increasingly looking like “I want the world to give birth to a whole new kind of superpower Ed human/curse hybrid which I will then parasitically possess”.

JJK’s whole deal is repetition and variation of some of the more annoying macguffins central to the plot of Naruto. Namely immortality via body possession and as a means to facilitate multi-lifetime research into the nature of chakra/cursed energy.

Kenny’s whole thing is that he’s JJK’s version of Naruto’s Orochimaru. He possesses new bodies and gains their cursed techniques in addition to his own, while expanding the horizons of cursed energy knowledge via human experimentation. His current gambit seems almost like he’s trying to birth the JJK version of Naruto’s Jyuubi which he will then become the host of.

Sukuna is essentially JJK’s version of Naruto’s Uchiha Madara combined with the 9-tailed demon fox. Starting out as the “nuclear batter” powering Itadori Yuji’s newfound chakra on sorry cursed energy, he’s now become more like Uchiha Madara - history’s most feared villain, who’s figured out body-hopping himself in the same way as Orochimaru/Kenjaku.

Naruto kind of..punted on the whole “what is chakra” thing (powers gained from an alien tree’s fruit, at first used to supercharge human connection and empathy, later on used to supercharge human physical prowess).

JJK has, to me, spent more time contemplating the ramifications, origins, and future potential of cursed energy. While it’s calibre of plot and character writing has been overall far below that of Naruto, I’m hoping that it does a better job with exploring the philosophy of humans having magic that is essentially powered by negative emotions. (Funny enough that’s essentially the explanation in Naruto of how the Sharingan works).
As far as we know, Kenny doesnt want to be host of anything else. He just simply wants to see the result of all his plans and experiments til now, what everything could lead to, body swaping was just a mean to an end, to give himself more time until his plans finally works. He said it himself to Choso back then; "I do it because i find it interesting" He is simply carried by curiosity as a scientist. Is pretty different goal to that of Orochimaru, who simply wanted inmortality because he was afraid of death and had that trauma since his parents died and considered human life too fragile.

The same with Sukuna, sure he is the most feared villain in history, but thats completely normal when any story has their most feared foes, And we dont even know the whole picture yet. These endless comparisons to Naruto are pretty silly tbh, Naruto didnt even invent most of these tropes in media either.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Honestly, they seem like somewhat inaccurate comparisons to me.

Madara of Sukuna has little things in common. He doesn't appear to having any plans so far, and so far he's been very passive as a character.

Kenjaku in contrast, is the one who has contributed most to the plot so far. If he hadn't moved, we wouldn't have Jujutsu Kaisen now.

Lord of Shadows

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I think Gojo has to die for the story to progress. He is way too strong for the enemies to make any threatening moves. Yuji, Megumi, Hikari and Yuta all need to step up their game.

Then there is also Kashimo with his one use CT that can only be used against Sukuna.

I wonder if Sukuna will die with Gojo or he will be the final boss?
i absolutely agree, probably we will see the death of gojo...

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
As far as we know, Kenny doesnt want to be host of anything else. He just simply wants to see the result of all his plans and experiments til now, what everything could lead to, body swaping was just a mean to an end, to give himself more time until his plans finally works. He said it himself to Choso back then; "I do it because i find it interesting" He is simply carried by curiosity as a scientist. Is pretty different goal to that of Orochimaru, who simply wanted inmortality because he was afraid of death and had that trauma since his parents died and considered human life too fragile.

The same with Sukuna, sure he is the most feared villain in history, but thats completely normal when any story has their most feared foes, And we dont even know the whole picture yet. These endless comparisons to Naruto are pretty silly tbh, Naruto didnt even invent most of these tropes in media either.
Granted but Naruto is probably the current strongest influence on most shonen manga authors, just as Dragonball was for the Naruto generation of authors.

They shoehorned in some humanity to Orochimaru’s backstory but barely. His whole thing was about about studying all ninjutsu and by doing so learn the truth about chakra and it’s origins and possibilities. Immortality was a means to an end because the span of a human lifetime was inadequate. Sound familiar? That’s Kenjaku’s whole M.O. also both of them experimented on fetuses and were into blurring the boundaries between life and death. The similarities abound.

You’re noticing differences and attempting to use those to invalidate the similarities.

yoseb

Reaction score
Country
United States
I personally want a twist ending to this fight where neither die but are both incapacitated to different degrees -- Gojo rendered unable to fight for the duration of the series (due to the severe brain damage - possibly even unable to use his CT again?) and Sukuna able to make an eventual comeback for Yuji to confront at last. (Without the confrontation, the torment yuji has gone through becomes meaningless...) Wishful thinking maybe?

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
i absolutely agree, probably we will see the death of gojo...
Gojo probably dies and somehow get Sukuna out of Megumi and back into Yuuji.

Yuuji needs to get Sukuna's Cursed techniques as Gojo mentioned he would.

At the least I see Gojo and Sukuna nerfed hard after this fight, with Sukuna having to get into Yuuji like a parasite.

Young Aizen

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gojo probably dies and somehow get Sukuna out of Megumi and back into Yuuji.

Yuuji needs to get Sukuna's Cursed techniques as Gojo mentioned he would.

At the least I see Gojo and Sukuna nerfed hard after this fight, with Sukuna having to get into Yuuji like a parasite.
Idk honestly it could turn into a "Protect Gojo" mission if he wins because he'll most likely be burnt out and outbof comission for majority of the finale...that's a way they could keep him alive without him just steamrolling every other villain