Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 235 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 235 - Spoilers & Discussion

nfinitfx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Just read the chapter, even Sakuna is getting nervous, he was so overconfident before.

coolerthanzerok

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Don't the shikigami trickle down in power when defeated? Shouldn't Megumi's divine dog be extremely powerful now? I guess that doesn't *really* matter if it has lost the ability of "adaptation" and can't hit through limitless anymore...

Lord of Shadows

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Lol guys what a volume.. what's gonna happen next... idk anymore.

RatibTM

Reaction score
Country
United States
What is amazing about this fight is no one has any idea who is going to win and how.

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
Im sure sukuna has a very vast toolkit but how much of it works against gojo?
Sukuna is still a fraud until proven otherwise, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves now on some spoilers that have led people astray before.

All Sukuna has "revealed" to us so far is two abilities of his own and a bunch of stolen powers of present time characters: After 100s of years, why would Angel come back with a murder-grudge for a man who's only abilities are cutting and instant goth redecorating?

Surely, Sukuna's abilities are more varied than the abilities of the average quiet kid in middle school.

Scene hasn't even changed from the battle yet and Sukuna's post-"win" reactions are decidedly absent. This isn't over yet.
Sukuna’s not going to die rn that’s for sure in FACT, we still don’t know who angel his, Kashimo needs to fight him, yuji need to get his revenge over him…

Like i said before either that chapter was the beginning of another round, base on the FACT that gojo curses energy and RCT seems to have been replendish with the black flash, sukuna’s still being in megumi’s body with somes cards left, or the end of one of the two by another hand.

Still thinking kenkaju may come to absorb someone here, but what if sukuna maintain his ego while being absord ? Kenkaju may also only merge sukuna with tengen, thus sukuna retains his ego. He can try to steel gojo’s body too (sukuna), angel will still be of use in that case…

It’s just the beginning of another round somehow that’s for sure

Last edited:

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
This series lost me around the time they trapped the guy...now i see he's in some endless fight with the big bad and it's like...is there even a story anymore or is it just endless battling? Is Yuji even the protagonist anymore? lol, i can't even with this anymore.

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I feel unease even after GoatJo victory. Sukuna was defeated? Yes. Sukuna feels or considers himself defeated? We don't know yet. Kenjaku will stay quiet about this? Not a chance. Is Gojo in danger?

Something tell me a big YES!!!

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This series lost me around the time they trapped the guy...now i see he's in some endless fight with the big bad and it's like...is there even a story anymore or is it just endless battling? Is Yuji even the protagonist anymore? lol, i can't even with this anymore.
You're not wrong, really. The story is...meandering? I think is the best word? It has some fun characters and a compelling magic system in terms of its imagery and themes, but the characters and their backstories, their pathos are not particularly well written.

Yuji was never really the protagonist, he was a "normal guy" (except not normal whatsoever) who by chance entered the JJK world and was the POV character for a long time because the other characters explaining the world of JJK was a convenient way to front load a ton of exposition without being obnoxious about it.

Aeneas

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I don't have an issue with Yuji not being the focus, but this fight has definitely made some forget about how many issues the CG (has?) had. But that's what happens when nearly all the focus is on how raw/peak/hype/"kino" fights are.

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
You're not wrong, really. The story is...meandering? I think is the best word? It has some fun characters and a compelling magic system in terms of its imagery and themes, but the characters and their backstories, their pathos are not particularly well written.

Yuji was never really the protagonist, he was a "normal guy" (except not normal whatsoever) who by chance entered the JJK world and was the POV character for a long time because the other characters explaining the world of JJK was a convenient way to front load a ton of exposition without being obnoxious about it.

I think the main point is that Gege focuses way more in advancing the plot and fighting than anything else. He treats his characters for the most part as chessboard pieces. And i dont see much problem with that, although some of the main complains of JJK is the limited character interactions and downtime moments, but these are simply not Geges priorities.

In a way Gege style of writting is almost the complete opposite of Fujimoto, who tends to do more character driven type of stories. But even then id say JJK still has managed to get some well written characters along the way and a somewhat consistent story despite having quite a problematic pacing and some questionable decisions here and there.

Last edited:

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Can someone explain how Gojo made this final move? I skipped most of the advance mechanics of Gojo's techniques - too busy, so just skimmed through the recent chapters.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Can someone explain how Gojo made this final move? I skipped most of the advance mechanics of Gojo's techniques - too busy, so just skimmed through the recent chapters.
Blue attracts, Red repels, Hollow Purple combines the two and tears apart by repetitive attraction and repulsion.

Gojo uses Blue to destroy Agito. He pushes Sukuna and Mahoraga back and prepares a Red. Sukuna expects Gojo to shoot it at him, but instead Gojo fires it in the direction of the Blue that remained after Agito was crushed. Sukuna realizes this, orders Mahoraga to destroy Blue because if it collides with Red, it'll form Purple and that's the one attack that can kill Mahoraga.
Mahoraga charges at Blue, but because it has already adapted to it, its attraction does not affect it; Gojo uses this to his advantage by having his own Blue pull him, making him reach it before Mahoraga does in order to protect it from destruction.
Sukuna appears from Mahoraga's shadow, shoots Piercing Max Elephant Water at Red in order to stimulate it and make it explode before the merging, but Gojo strengthens Blue with a chant, making its attraction stronger and absorbing the water attack instead. Oh no, there's no time for another attack to prevent the collision. Oh fuck, they're about to merge. Oh shit, we're too close. Oh n- BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Lord Escanor

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Kinda agree with you, this fight should've been at the climax of the series, and the final fight against kenjaku who's the final villain. Alot could be done before this fight, tie loose ends, explore the lore, more fights since this is supposed to be the culling games, alot of stuff could've happened before this fight.

Plus the swap to megumi's body really left yuji with no plot for now, especially since he is supposed to be important , the final villain gave up his couchie to conceive him, we should atleast explore thatplot point.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think the main point is that Gege focuses way more in advancing the plot and fighting than anything else. He treats his characters for the most part as chessboard pieces. And i dont see much problem with that, although some of the main complains of JJK is the limited character interactions and downtime moments, but these are simply not Geges priorities.

In a way Gege style of writting is almost the complete opposite of Fujimoto, who tends to do more character driven type of stories. But even then id say JJK still has managed to get some well written characters along the way and a somewhat consistent story despite having quite a problematic pacing and some questionable decisions here and there.
But the fights are often coming off as gibberish. "Haha, now i will do blue again" "I think he's going to do purple soon, i will guard with...". It's just going in circles so long that you forget what the point even was to start with.

Gallon

Artichoke
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Nah, I do agree that the character development isn't particularly great in Jujutsu Kaisen, but the way fights are handled is incredible, both from a choreographical and tactical standpoint.

The arsenals Gojo and Sukuna have shown were completely known to us, yet they bent the applications of their techniques and used them very creatively. I don't remember the last time a manga predefined certain abilities, had its characters pull nothing from their asses, and still delivered like this.

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Kinda agree with you, this fight should've been at the climax of the series, and the final fight against kenjaku who's the final villain. Alot could be done before this fight, tie loose ends, explore the lore, more fights since this is supposed to be the culling games, alot of stuff could've happened before this fight.
The thing is, i think we are precisely in the climax of the series lol

I agree that we shouldve had more time to breathe before this fight, honestly that whole two months timeskip after Gojo got unsealed was kind of a waste. But more fights in the same format of the colony fights would have been stale, people were already getting tired of the colony fights, and they wanted the plot to finally move.

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
I don't think it is a coincidence that we had a break this chapter. We are getting a big surprise and my money is on Sukuna turning this around. I thought about poison taking effect but meh....who can predict Gege at this point. I just know this fight is far from over. Show us why you are the king of curses, Sukuna!

Sinister22

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Kenjaku making all past sorcerers into "cursed objects" and yuji being able to "eat anything" will eventually uncover his real use for kenjaku. Kenjaku then takes over yuji's body then boom - the perfect cursed-human "god" hybrid. ------ Nah, I'm just excited for the nxt chap.

Griffithpt

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Blue attracts, Red repels, Hollow Purple combines the two and tears apart by repetitive attraction and repulsion.

Gojo uses Blue to destroy Agito. He pushes Sukuna and Mahoraga back and prepares a Red. Sukuna expects Gojo to shoot it at him, but instead Gojo fires it in the direction of the Blue that remained after Agito was crushed. Sukuna realizes this, orders Mahoraga to destroy Blue because if it collides with Red, it'll form Purple and that's the one attack that can kill Mahoraga.
Mahoraga charges at Blue, but because it has already adapted to it, its attraction does not affect it; Gojo uses this to his advantage by having his own Blue pull him, making him reach it before Mahoraga does in order to protect it from destruction.
Sukuna appears from Mahoraga's shadow, shoots Piercing Max Elephant Water at Red in order to stimulate it and make it explode before the merging, but Gojo strengthens Blue with a chant, making its attraction stronger and absorbing the water attack instead. Oh no, there's no time for another attack to prevent the collision. Oh fuck, they're about to merge. Oh shit, we're too close. Oh n- BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
10/10 Summary. No notes.