Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 236 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 12 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 236 - Spoilers & Discussion

nfinitfx

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Everyone here misses the Great Comedian Takaba. Even Gege wrote, his power can rival that of Gojo. Takaba can beat Sakuna, if someone just teaches how to use his power properly...

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Gojo was never the protagonist he’s more so a deuteragonist, Yuji was always the protagonist ,Gege just did a phenomenal job at miss directing some readers. To quote the Great Explosion Murder God Dynamight, Gojo was always an “extra” that had too die (unfortunately) to push the story forward. & let’s be real, the remaining fighters left who do you actually see winning or surviving against Sukuna? I’ll answer it for you NONE! So chances are they’re all going to die. Yuji will live, or maybe Megumi will be the one too live & Yuji dies as well. Either way, I see what he said (if in fact, he actually did) coming to fruition. It looks like everyone’s going to die, except for one person.
Gojo is part of the group of protagonists, I would say that's clear.

The argument was "Either one dies and the others remain alive, or the others die and one remains alive".

As of today, only Gojo is dead for sure, so I would go for the second option.

It being understood that to date the one who is most at risk of death is Yuji, given that his death is the necessary condition for him to finish the Culling Game and begin Kenjaku's plan (because yes, the Culling Game is still in progress and Kenjaku is still alive , even if everyone seems to have forgotten).

Griffithpt

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Nobara is dead dude. Drop the copium
I honestly have no horse in the race, on whether Nobara is alive or not, but if she were, it would have made sense for her to show up in Gojo's death sequence.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I would like to point out one thing however.

Tengen clearly explains the owner of the six eyes is a figure that appears every period to protect the Star Plasma Vessel and consequently Tengen.

Now, Gojo failed to protect the Star Plasma Vessel, and consequently with Tengen's evolution into a curse-like being and the fact that Kenjaku managed to absorb him, his role in the world was lost. ...

Gojo has now exhausted his role and purpose, Kenjaku has won, the only thing that could upset his plans is the presence of a wild card, in this case Sukuna.

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
I honestly have no horse in the race, on whether Nobara is alive or not, but if she were, it would have made sense for her to show up in Gojo's death sequence.
Wow that's a good point.

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Everyone here misses the Great Comedian Takaba. Even Gege wrote, his power can rival that of Gojo. Takaba can beat Sakuna, if someone just teaches how to use his power properly...
I predict final fight would be Sakuna vs Takaba, and somehow takaba thinks it'd be funny if everyone is alive, then everyone gets revived including Gojo, and it'd become a everyone vs Sakuna battle.

Lord Escanor

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Would be funny if kashimo who was introduced recently is the one to beat sukuna, will pess up everything.

Sukuna still has some plot related stuff to show though so it's not his time yet, all in all the fight is great, i even like the way it ended, just wished there was more character interactions and plot stuff before the fight.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
That means Gege did not do a good job in this fight -- if their objective truly was to show how OP Sukuna was
I agree, he did not and that is one of many issues here

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Everyone is debating who’d beat Sakuna.

in other mangas there’d he no debate i.e for naruto we all know he’d beat madara, in blackclover asta will win.

in jjk, obviously Itadori has to beat Sakuna right? The fact that readers can’t imaginebhow suggest that Itadori is one of the weakest shounen manga character (within it’s own series, not comparing to others) i.e supposedly we are towards the end of the series and Itadori can’t lift a candle towards one of the main villian. What sort of accelerated plot sword would Itadori need to hold to slay sakuna?

Last edited:

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria

in other mangas there’d he no debate i.e for naruto we all know he’d beat madara, in blackclover asta will win.

in jjk, obviously Itadori has to beat Sakuna right? The fact that readers can’t imaginebhow suggest that Itadori is one of the weakest shounen manga character (within it’s own series, not comparing to others) i.e supposedly we are towards the end of the series and Itadori can’t lift a candle towards one of the main villian. What sort of accelerated plot sword would Itadori need to hold to slay sakuna?
Isn't that what makes it interesting?

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia

I think what will happen is Sukuna will be weakened / and or force to be imprisoned back in Itadori. Since Itadori is the only proper seal for him, and nobody can beat him, this seems like the most likely conclusion to his current rampaging. This also saves Megumi.

Gojo stated that eventually Sukuna's CTs will be engraved on Itadori, he'd have some of it etched into him by now.

The acceleration will be Sukuna's regained strength speeding up this process.

Queue Sukuna getting released and Itadori fighting Sukuna with Sukuna's own CTs.

papypopo

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
France

Pure revenge. In a manga where the mc has lost a lot of nakama it’s always that :XD

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I think what will happen is Sukuna will be weakened / and or force to be imprisoned back in Itadori. Since Itadori is the only proper seal for him, and nobody can beat him, this seems like the most likely conclusion to his current rampaging. This also saves Megumi.

Gojo stated that eventually Sukuna's CTs will be engraved on Itadori, he'd have some of it etched into him by now.

The acceleration will be Sukuna's regained strength speeding up this process.

Queue Sukuna getting released and Itadori fighting Sukuna with Sukuna's own CTs.
If that happens it'd be too anti-climatic, we want a Itadori vs full power Sakuna fight.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Pure revenge. In a manga where the mc has lost a lot of nakama it’s always that :XD
Nakama Power. Though we rarely see this in JJK.

Darklord#10

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Did gege purposely make gojo look bad 😂. Damn. I'm still rereading this manga again. I love it.
I wonder how sukuna is going to lose if even gojo couldn't make him go all out

Ero-Sanji

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
This is the same Gojo who when sealed just went "Nah, they'll be fine" re: his students,. He's always been like this.

Besides what do you want the man to do about it? He's dead and is at peace
Thank you!

The notion that Gojo was this concerned hero has always been far from the truth. The man was a borderline psychopath who referred to himself as the Buddha did and had no qualms killing his enemies and friends should they cross his path.

Also, it's fascinating how so many are just ignoring the fact that he's literally beating up Megumi. He had no reservations or plan in saving him, in exorcising Sukuna (and he's an exorcist!), it was kill mode from the get go. He even went as far as to go into detail in how he would kill Sukuna, by crushing his intestines. Dude, didn't even flinch when Sukuna said that it was Megumi who ate his infinity.

Media literacy is so dead in this place.

The whole reason Gege didn't show us the slash is to reiterate that Sukuna is operating on a plane that Gojo, even with his Six Eyes can't comprehend with that slash.
Exactly. It seems as if people have also forgotten that this technique ignored infinity. Mahoraga effortlessly cut of his arm during the second adaptation, what do you expect the king of curses is going to do with that technique?

Broseph

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
This manga fell off so hard after Shibuya. Did Togashi ghostwrite that arc?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
This manga fell off so hard after Shibuya. Did Togashi ghostwrite that arc?
We understand that without Gojo the manga makes no sense to you, shall we move on?

Broseph

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
We understand that without Gojo the manga makes no sense to you, shall we move on?
I never said that, Shibuya didn't have Gojo other than the start and it was peak. No need to put words in my mouth

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I never said that, Shibuya didn't have Gojo other than the start and it was peak. No need to put words in my mouth
But it was still largely about him, even when he wasn't there.

Instead, much of Culling Gam work without Gojo's rol in the story.