Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 236 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 236 - Spoilers & Discussion

Bradhimself

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Australia
If that happens it'd be too anti-climatic, we want a Itadori vs full power Sakuna fight.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Nakama Power. Though we rarely see this in JJK.
Oh Sukuna would be full power. But I doubt Itadori would fight solo. Itadori + Megumi and Mahoraga vs Sukuna full power.

Riverskull

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Gotta say, ive never seen a shonen mangaka that gives so many Ws to his villains and being so ruthless towards his heroes like Gege. From all the damage Mahito did until he was defeated, to all the shit Kenjaku and Sukuna have been getting away with.... And the heroes being constantly on the ropes suffering insane consequences.

This kind of stuff was unthinkable back in the big 3 era; 2000s and early 2010s

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Gotta say, ive never seen a shonen mangaka that gives so many Ws to his villains and being so ruthless towards his heroes like Gege. From all the damage Mahito did until he was defeated, to all the shit Kenjaku and Sukuna have been getting away with.... And the heroes being constantly on the ropes suffering insane consequences.

This kind of stuff was unthinkable back in the big 3 era; 2000s and early 2010s
Fujimoto.

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Fujimoto.
Thing with Fire Punch is that it wasn’t as successful as JJK

CSM on the other hand is much more crazier, so you’re kinda not surprised that much when villains get their way

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
Thing with Fire Punch is that it wasn’t as successful as JJK

CSM on the other hand is much more crazier, so you’re kinda not surprised that much when villains get their way
yeah fire punch was too realistic in a moral way, nothing comparable to Chainsaw or JJK. Agni’s struggle was way too deep for the audience imo

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
I believe that in JJk this cynicism stands out more because it starts and develops largely like the classic battle shonen.

Probably the first shock is Junpei's death.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I believe that in JJk this cynicism stands out more because it starts and develops largely like the classic battle shonen.

Probably the first shock is Junpei's death.
Tbh Junpei’s death came as a shock more because of Mappa including him in the opening and making him look like one of the main characters haha

Darklord#10

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Tbh Junpei’s death came as a shock more because of Mappa including him in the opening and making him look like one of the main characters haha
They even gave him the jujutsu high uniform. I thought bro was going to be somebody important 😂

Riverskull

Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
Fujimoto.
I was thinking about Fujimoto aswell, and i just realized that Fire Punch was a shonen and not a seinen lmao. In Chainsaw Man really things start to go south for Denji and co towards the end of part 1. But part 2 so far has been rather tame.

But yeah as you said before, the reason it may look a bit more impactful in JJK is because it feels like a more grim take on the classical shonen formula, and how familiar and "lighthearted" it started. And is a constant of getting more somber and tragic with time.

Last edited:

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Can you all look up the possibility of cutting empty space in physics? Technically cutting something involves there to be something to begin with, how can Sakuna cut nothing, and yet still hurt Gojo?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also I know who Sakuna can't beat, he can't beat the four emperor captain buggy.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
A similar thing happens in the manga too, given that Gege had included him in a cover with Yuji and the others

Orion

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Sukuna vs. Kashimo be like

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Oh Sukuna would be full power. But I doubt Itadori would fight solo. Itadori + Megumi and Mahoraga vs Sukuna full power.
like the sasuke + naruto vs madara fight? not sure if gege would go the typical shounen way

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
like the sasuke + naruto vs madara fight? not sure if gege would go the typical shounen way
Yeah I don't see anyone 1v1 beating Sukuna.

coolerthanzerok

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah I don't see anyone 1v1 beating Sukuna.
I think it'll play out as successive fights in which characters take cards out of Sukuna's hand. He's lost his domain and many of his Shikigami, so far, including Mahoraga. That's a big deal and brings him a little closer to reality.

Zehahaha

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Imagine Kashimo being the final villain lmao

zafool974

Reaction score
Country
France
I think it is perfect as it is. If Gojo had beat Sukuna, Kenjaku would be doomed right away and the whole plot would fall apart. It's good that we saw how great Gojo is and it's also great that we saw Sukuna best him in strategy and CT. Like Gojo said, he didn't go all out and it's good for the plot.

Moreover, Gojo's death scene à la Genryusai was pretty awesome and he IS resting in peace. That fight was probably the best of the manga hands down and the anime will do it justice for sure.

Now how will Kashimo fare against a now upgraded yet weakened Sukuna?

Byakuya769

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Seeing how this fight played out and Gojo's comments afterwards, I have a thought. Gojo has been on a mission to change the Jujutsu world partly by finding people he could trust that could someday rival him in strength. Perhaps a few of those pupils progress far enough to be able to challenge Sukuna as a team. This would represent the antithesis of one strong sorcerer standing on top of the Jujutsu world, but instead a collection of peers that have each other's backs.. kind of what Gojo hoped for him and Geto before he left him in the dust and Geto went bad.

What Sukuna needs to see is not someone who can rival him, but really strong sorcerers that can approach him only through their teamwork and support of one another. Gojo's powers have always been wrong for working with others (partly, I think, because he trained that way because he was as skeptical as any about others being able to really be on his level and not get in his way).