Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 245 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 245 - Spoilers & Discussion

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Honestly, my main problems comes out with Good Guys plan mainly it's shite :yodawg

Let's make a reverse gauntlet against Sukuna cause that makes sense... Next chapter my bet is on Maki jumping in alone and get blasted after that we will see but Miwa is at end of gauntlet :lambirb

Ero-Sanji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
"Protagonists" getting handled isn't the case here. Sukuna is given a deus ex by the writter everytime a chance of him being defeated is presented. A retcon was given both to Mahoraga and Confiscation so Sukuna would stand still battling. Chrollo and Sensui were both better at "handling" protagonists and none of them were given things outta nowhere. Earlier in the series Chrollo's ability was already explained, and Sensui was someone who also was presented as a stronger version of Yusuke.
What Deus Ex and what retcon? Higuruma never fought someone without a cursed tech, and that person lost his cursed energy instead. Now, he faces off against someone wielding a cursed tool and that got confiscated instead. This is neither deus ex or a retcon, this is a rule enforced in an unfamiliar situation. This is like saying Itadori was granted a deus ex/retcon because Sukuna made him immune to Mahito's cursed technique.

Also, I don't think you understood what I meant by handled. Itadori vs Mahito is the perfect example of what I meant. In most other shounen, Itadori would have screamed his way into getting a new power once Nobara died, but instead he crumbles and gets wrecked. He wins not by acquiring a new power but by a tag team battle and "nothing" but his fists, there's no secret ultimate attack just a cheeky trick and black flash. As a matter of fact everyone in Mahito's group are all perfect examples of my point:

Hanami gets unceremoniously crushed by Gojo's innate tech, not even getting the space to show us her domain expansion.
Dagon finally loses in a three vs. one turned four vs. one turned five vs one battle. Again not by an ultimate attack but by a cursed tool her friends have been tanking.
Jogo doesn't even get done in by a hero, he gets wrecked for fun by another antagonist.

In your standard shounen the four of them would've gotten outdrawn battles were they and the protagonists exhange values, flashbacks and ultimates. Again, I totally understand if people find the lack of this jarring. I, personally find it refreshing.

2.) Itadori is TRASH. Like I love his personality but Itadori has got to be the worst MC to ever happen and Gege really messed up by having him as the MC. Itadori has done absolutely NOTHING to warrant him to even be part of the final battle. This is gonna be a case like madara and ywach where they have to just do something. I just don’t understand
I respect your opinion but whole heartedly disagree. The irony is that nobody agrees with you more than Itadori. He has never seen himself as a hero nor a chosen one, and neither does the narrative. Gojo, Megumi, Yuta and heck even Maki have more of that vibe going for them. Itadori refers to himself as a cog nothing more, nothing less.

You know who else agrees with you? Kenjaku and Sukuna. Both of them are wondering why Itadori is still here and that's what I love about him. He's still here. He's gone through so much in his life, this past year, but he still shows up and does what he can to aid in the battle.

Also, if the issue here is that Sukuna is becoming another Madara/Space woman/Ywach/Aizen, doesn't that make Naruto and Ichigo the worst? Like I wrote earlier, random power ups has never been a thing here. I believe Sukuna will be defeated like Mahito was, by a whole lot of people doing their part in wearing him down. Itadori will probably deliver the final blow.

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Even Ryu tanked a slash from Sukuna, it doesn't mean anything.
He didn’t really “tank” a slash Sukuna just didn’t think he was strong so didn’t adjust his slash.

André Vinícius

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
In your standard shounen the four of them would've gotten outdrawn battles were they and the protagonists exhange values, flashbacks and ultimates. Again, I totally understand if people find the lack of this jarring. I, personally find it refreshing.
For me the problem isn't this, but the fact that in the end they are going to win. If Sukuna wins then I would agree with you.

Also, if the issue here is that Sukuna is becoming another Madara/Space woman/Ywach/Aizen, doesn't that make Naruto and Ichigo the worst? Like I wrote earlier, random power ups has never been a thing here. I believe Sukuna will be defeated like Mahito was, by a whole lot of people doing their part in wearing him down. Itadori will probably deliver the final blow.
This is going exactly in the Madara/Ywach direction, Gege wrote himself in a corner, right now the protagonists will only stay alive if Sukuna wants till they somehow defeat him

Higuruma and Kusakabe are still alive because Sukuna wants to see Higuruma sword and from here on out Gege will need to make new and new excuses for why they are still alive, since right now Sukuna can kill anyone there whenever he wants (but won't because reasons Gege will create in next chapter)

Phaizzy

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think Higuruma was the one who confiscated 10s. It's said on the translations that Sukuna PROBABLY lost the use of 10s after Gojo's match when he abandoned Megumi's bode to reincarnate/ressurect.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Why is Itadori trash tho? He's - maybe - the only protagonist that's been "realistic" alongside Guts. They are strong and become proportionally stronger as the time passes but with limitations since they are dealing with beings with power beyonde their comprehesion. Oda needed to make all supernova, Yamato and awaken Luffy's fruit for Kaido to be defeated.
Luffy become OP every time he fights someone, Naruto became the strongest shinobi of his era during his teenages (not even Sasuke with all bijuus could deal with him), Deku's quirk become more powerful everytime just like Luffy's powers, Ichigo would be related to every "class" that was shown on his anime and a heir to it's powers, Natsu would eat even shit to defeat the villains... I don't think Itadori is trash, I think he's grounded. You can see his evolution, it's just that others area already on another level. And please, don't you forget that Kenjaku alredy said both Sukuna AND Yuji would be the eye of the storm.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

"Protagonists" getting handled isn't the case here. Sukuna is given a deus ex by the writter everytime a chance of him being defeated is presented. A retcon was given both to Mahoraga and Confiscation so Sukuna would stand still battling. Chrollo and Sensui were both better at "handling" protagonists and none of them were given things outta nowhere. Earlier in the series Chrollo's ability was already explained, and Sensui was someone who also was presented as a stronger version of Yusuke.

He fought 40 sorcs before this occasion, how come not even one of them had a cursed tool? He can glimpse how simple domain works from a narrowed explanation and seeing it once but can't come up with the conclusion of "if the target have a cursed object does the chance of it being taken instead of the person's ct exists?". It's just logic. They were sitting there watching and discussing everything and nobody thought about that? EVEN TAKING INTO CONSIDERATION THE OUTCOME IT HAD ON ITADORI?

I'm a Gojo fan and it's easy to spot but y'all just being like Gege and glazing Sukuna. He's like Meruem and Shippuden Sasuke: things are given to him and people are like "WOAH SO COOL SO STRONG".
When I say Itadori is trash., I mean that. Not character wise. But in JJK he’s like… trash. lol. He’s not strong enough to do anything by himself really and when he did it was Sukuna.

people keep bringing up Kaido and that doesn’t count because at the end of the day luffy was the one who took him down. Luffy was the strongest person there and just got a power up. Itadori as far as we know has very little power development since this has all started. He’s a brute fighter yet nothing he does is outside of what he has done in the start: a prime example is gon from HxH. Dude has the most basic ability but he makes it work. Naruto and Sauske no arguing. Natsu is the epitome of bad writing imo, no shade to fairy tail specially with the latest chapter. Ichigo I can’t argue for that.

Again not saying Itadori is a trash character writing wise but if I was in JJK verse I wouldn’t be scared of Itadori in the slightest. He has had very few character developments. Sukuna does not even acknowledge this dude. Mocked him like a mad man. As of right now the only way Itadori can stand a chance is some BS power up.

You missed all the prep chapters, I see.

How can we talk about a retcon when we still know very little about Sukuna's technique today?

Give yourself a break, first of all. Second, it is nowhere written that some of Higuruma's opponents have cursed instruments.
Prep chapters for what? Lol.

they did all that prep, amped Gojo up still for him to get his was beat by non 100% Sukuna.

Itadori has done NO prep whatsoever.
Now!! What I wouldn’t mind if that punch Itadori did actually had some hidden meaning in it. Maybe like magna from black clover then I can see a battle of brawn’s…. Though even then 1 finger sukuna DEMOLISHED Itadori… how is he gonna fair against revived Sukuna? It won’t work

What Deus Ex and what retcon? Higuruma never fought someone without a cursed tech, and that person lost his cursed energy instead. Now, he faces off against someone wielding a cursed tool and that got confiscated instead. This is neither deus ex or a retcon, this is a rule enforced in an unfamiliar situation. This is like saying Itadori was granted a deus ex/retcon because Sukuna made him immune to Mahito's cursed technique.

Also, I don't think you understood what I meant by handled. Itadori vs Mahito is the perfect example of what I meant. In most other shounen, Itadori would have screamed his way into getting a new power once Nobara died, but instead he crumbles and gets wrecked. He wins not by acquiring a new power but by a tag team battle and "nothing" but his fists, there's no secret ultimate attack just a cheeky trick and black flash. As a matter of fact everyone in Mahito's group are all perfect examples of my point:

Hanami gets unceremoniously crushed by Gojo's innate tech, not even getting the space to show us her domain expansion.
Dagon finally loses in a three vs. one turned four vs. one turned five vs one battle. Again not by an ultimate attack but by a cursed tool her friends have been tanking.
Jogo doesn't even get done in by a hero, he gets wrecked for fun by another antagonist.

I respect your opinion but whole heartedly disagree. The irony is that nobody agrees with you more than Itadori. He has never seen himself as a hero nor a chosen one, and neither does the narrative. Gojo, Megumi, Yuta and heck even Maki have more of that vibe going for them. Itadori refers to himself as a cog nothing more, nothing less.

You know who else agrees with you? Kenjaku and Sukuna. Both of them are wondering why Itadori is still here and that's what I love about him. He's still here. He's gone through so much in his life, this past year, but he still shows up and does what he can to aid in the battle.

I love your response and your stance on it.

I hated how bleach ended with a passion and bleach is my second favorite anime next to D gray man. Naruto became horrible during the whole madara stuff for this precise reason.

I do get the hero feeling from Itadori though. It’s not the typical I’m here to save the day but more like Saitama… I won’t let nobody get hurt on my watch but I’m not actively looking. I don’t see a whole gang of people jumping Sukuna because in theory he should be able to kill them all almost instantly. Nobody can withstand his domain expansion from what we seen. Yuta might but the moment you pair Yuta vs Sukuna you are really digging Itadori in the trash.

i get the whole see it through but let’s be honest… Itadori is now more of a liability than an asset. Like does he even have techniques? Cursed ninja tool? Like why not make him another toji or something.

so I respect how you like the simplistic nature of itadori. I love how relatable he is but I don’t believe he should have been the MC. Megumi has more importance than Itadori. Idk

wthgege

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sabertooth
What Deus Ex and what retcon
Space Cleave + Makora being able to replicate other people technique + "your weapon get confiscated instead". You're being blind if you think those arent plot devices for Sukuna to keep going.

He wins not by acquiring a new power but by a tag team battle and "nothing" but his fists, there's no secret ultimate attack just a cheeky trick and black flash
I dont see how it's bad + Black Flash isnt something everyone can pull just fine. Itadori evolves, he just isnt Deku, Naruto, Luffy or Ichigo. He is grounded. Even Sukuna was surprised by his growth twice in a row (when he possessed Megumi and when he was punched by post-training with Kusakabe and Kamo/Choso Yuji).
And you still keep ignoring that Yuji is something twisted Kenjaku made.

Itadori is now more of a liability than an asset. Like does he even have techniques? Cursed ninja tool? Like why not make him another toji or something.
Read the above. My response to you wasnt about how Itadori's personality is, it's about his growth. An atypical growth when It comes to shonen, but not an inexistent one and I love it. While other protagonists surpass their peers in a small time frame, he takes his time.

Mocked him like a mad man.
Sukuna mocked even Gojo and Kashimo (although he also acknowledged both in the end). That's his nature.

How can we talk about a retcon when we still know very little about Sukuna's technique today?
I'm not talkin about his technique, I'm talking about Makora, weapon confiscation and space cleave.
I dont get how Sukuna, the most versed and skillful sorcerer so far needed Makora for that slash application. I dont get how Higuruma+gang with all the information and experience he stacked didnt thought about this outcome. I dont get how Mahoraga goes from "i adapt" to "I can use my host technique".

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Prep chapters for what? Lol.

they did all that prep, amped Gojo up still for him to get his was beat by non 100% Sukuna.

Itadori has done NO prep whatsoever.
You should reread the manga.

Last chapter was all about strategy.

Bradhimself

Reaction score
Country
Australia
LOL

It's not a new rule.

Even Ryu tanked a slash from Sukuna, it doesn't mean anything.

Gojo however was sliced by Mahoraga.
I thought Mahoraga was the template for Sukuna to improve his own slashes, making the one that killed Goji his own. Might have that wrong and need to reread but I'm quite certain that the purpose of Mahoraga was to use his adaptive ability to further sukunas own progress.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Gege is the master of trolling readers. From Mahito getting one panelled by Kenjaku, to Gojo getting off-screened, Gege is similar to George RR Martin in how he kills off characters when he bores of them.

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
You should reread the manga.

Last chapter was all about strategy.
You aren’t understanding what I’m saying. Not once did their “strategy” go as planned except for Yuta and seeing how this Sukuna Shit happen l doubt that’s the end of it too.

my issue is with how everything we are seeing “prep” is useless. Like incredibly useless. Like let’s keep it 100. If that lightning dude and Gojo fought together Sukuna would’ve lost imo. I don’t understand the logic of killing everybody one by one when you can simply be a sacrifice.

Space Cleave + Makora being able to replicate other people technique + "your weapon get confiscated instead". You're being blind if you think those arent plot devices for Sukuna to keep going.

I dont see how it's bad + Black Flash isnt something everyone can pull just fine. Itadori evolves, he just isnt Deku, Naruto, Luffy or Ichigo. He is grounded. Even Sukuna was surprised by his growth twice in a row (when he possessed Megumi and when he was punched by post-training with Kusakabe and Kamo/Choso Yuji).
And you still keep ignoring that Yuji is something twisted Kenjaku made.

Read the above. My response to you wasnt about how Itadori's personality is, it's about his growth. An atypical growth when It comes to shonen, but not an inexistent one and I love it. While other protagonists surpass their peers in a small time frame, he takes his time.

Sukuna mocked even Gojo and Kashimo (although he also acknowledged both in the end). That's his nature.

I'm not talkin about his technique, I'm talking about Makora, weapon confiscation and space cleave.
I dont get how Sukuna, the most versed and skillful sorcerer so far needed Makora for that slash application. I dont get how Higuruma+gang with all the information and experience he stacked didnt thought about this outcome. I dont get how Mahoraga goes from "i adapt" to "I can use my host technique".
That’s interesting. Because itadori has had very little and I mean VERY little growth outside of his “resolve”. I get what you are saying but he’s more of a side character. We have more fleshed out side characters than him. Hell Takaba is more fleshed out imo. I just want them to give Itadori SOMETHING to work with.
But at the end of the day maybe itadori is meant to have a fanbase like you and not me. Again I love itadori but do something with him besides making him the annoying ant that never dies.

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
You aren’t understanding what I’m saying. Not once did their “strategy” go as planned except for Yuta and seeing how this Sukuna Shit happen l doubt that’s the end of it too.

my issue is with how everything we are seeing “prep” is useless. Like incredibly useless. Like let’s keep it 100. If that lightning dude and Gojo fought together Sukuna would’ve lost imo. I don’t understand the logic of killing everybody one by one when you can simply be a sacrifice.

That’s interesting. Because itadori has had very little and I mean VERY little growth outside of his “resolve”. I get what you are saying but he’s more of a side character. We have more fleshed out side characters than him. Hell Takaba is more fleshed out imo. I just want them to give Itadori SOMETHING to work with.
But at the end of the day maybe itadori is meant to have a fanbase like you and not me. Again I love itadori but do something with him besides making him the annoying ant that never dies.
Itadori is heavily foreshadowed to be some sort of hybrid engineered human mixing the traits of heavenly restriction and “can eat any cursed object and control it without being overtaken” perfect host.
Imagine if Toji zen’in could eat cursed objects and then amplify his supernatural physical prowess by completely suppressing their cursed energy.
Yuji is essentially an incomplete experiment to that end.

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
Not once did their “strategy” go as planned except for Yuta and seeing how this Sukuna Shit happen l doubt that’s the end of it too.
So far only Gojo has fared badly. We have yet to see Higuruma, and the entire plan prepared by Yuji is also missing.

my issue is with how everything we are seeing “prep” is useless. Like incredibly useless
Everything ?

If that lightning dude and Gojo fought together Sukuna would’ve lost imo
Taking into account that Sukuna hasn't even revealed his technique to date, how can you say that?

I don’t understand the logic of killing everybody one by one when you can simply be a sacrifice.
There's a difference?

Honestly, my main problems comes out with Good Guys plan mainly it's shite :yodawg
What ?

Franz

Reaction score
Country
Italy
More than Sukuna's luck, I believe that the failure of the tactic was mostly due to Higuruma's general combative incompetence (who, let's remember, has mostly faced novice sorcerers like him) and the fact that not even he fully knows his power and its applications. (which was reiterated in the last chapter).

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Now everything is in Itadori hands.

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
I thought Mahoraga was the template for Sukuna to improve his own slashes, making the one that killed Goji his own. Might have that wrong and need to reread but I'm quite certain that the purpose of Mahoraga was to use his adaptive ability to further sukunas own progress.
It’s true. And people here seems to forget that Sukuna needs some preparations to unleash his super slashes even if it’s not always seen. He need to do a chant to apply some effects on his slashes as seen in chapter 238.

Higuruma never fight someone with a cursed tool so he never knew about that possibility.
For me everything is logical here.

Last edited:

Athrin

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would've assumed the murder weapon (in this case a curse technique), would be taken, but the cursed tool instead? Interesting twist

papypopo

Reaction score
Country
France
I would've assumed the murder weapon (in this case a curse technique), would be taken, but the cursed tool instead? Interesting twist

I kind of think of it as a proportional thing base on the sentence. More and more is take base on the totality of charges retained against him

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Who's the guy that jumped in?