Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 252 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 252 - Spoilers & Discussion

Battle Wolf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I am afraid Yuji development is an adequate reflection of manga plot progression middle-past Shibuya.
Agree with you, but considering a position of MC compared with others MCs of other shonen mangas like Naruto (who definitely evolved during his training), Midoryia (Who trained to gain control over the OFA quirks), his development is almost close to zero when he needs to go full throttle against the MV

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He is not enjoying anything.... He said he is bored, there's nothing for him after Gojo died. He is just there waiting for his boredom to take control and send everybody to limbo.
My complain is exactly this. He is bored, already said that he plays around until he feels satisfied (something he is not feeling since he killed Gojo) but this is something he is not feeling at all: satisfaction, fun, joy. We know he can end this anytime he wants, the narrative says so and we as readers already knows that too, there's nothing to admit anymore and nothing left for him to patiently wait to happen, he doesn't expect anything from anyone because he is the supreme existence nobody can deal with. And everybody knows that. So why? Why this fight keep going for more than a year? If it was for Yuji to grown up as the oponent who will defeat him as the protag, there wasn't the necessity to prolong for so long the path who guided him for his power ups, instead, Gege is making Yuji surpass everybody in a few weeks, maybe days and in manga time? In a few hours! Omg... this fight is losing the logic every chapter and i fear Sukuna will end up like Ywach from Bleach.
And i don't know if i want Sukuna or the heroes to win this war anymore. Maybe everybody dying, including Sukuna, will be the best option...
He doesn't expect much from anyone but he still allow people that have at least a little bit of potential to try and entertain him. Choso was immediately cut down by a single attack and ignored because sukuna just didn't gave a single fuck for him during the fight, on the other hand yuta and yuji are getting stronger as the fight goes on, so he's at least a little bit interested in yuta (yuji is a special case), the same way he's interested in Maki now and was in Higuruma. This is just what he lives for. Even if at this point no one was able to match the level of exciment that fighting Gojo provided, this is all that he have left in his life and we can assume that this is exactly like how he travelled across the country killing people during the heian era.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I don't understand why people keep downplaying Sukuna's chances against Gojo without Mahoraga. I have always held the opinion that the battle against Gojo would have ended with the domain expansions had Sukuna started off in his original form. This is because domain amplification gets through limitless and 4 arms with domain amplifications dominates or atleast draws with Gojo in hand to hand, meaning Gojo would not have been able to damage Sukuna enough to break his domain. After expanding his domain 5 times, Sukuna would then close his domain and whittle Gojo's cursed energy down. It may be that Gojo eventually recovers his technique after some struggle thereby repelling all slashes from the domain but Sukuna will then be fighting Gojo within an active domain and every clash with domain amplification would let the slashes through. This is where it would have gotten rather tedious. It would be a slow burn to the death essentially provided Gojo does not decide to play keep away. I suppose it makes sense that this approach is not Sukuna's style, he would rather overcome the technique than side-step it.
We don't know actually. There's a chance that this would've been the outcome, but at the same time he wouldnt been able to use mahoraga to escape Gojo domain which would result in a one hit ko from Gojo domain if he eventually landed. The whole thing is that Sukuna needed to learn how to improve his technique to bypass barriers like Gojo and the only way he had was to put his own life on the line.

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
I don't think he can use Megumi's techniques anymore.
He should be able to.
He doesn't expect much from anyone but he still allow people that have at least a little bit of potential to try and entertain him. Choso was immediately cut down by a single attack and ignored because sukuna just didn't gave a single fuck for him during the fight, on the other hand yuta and yuji are getting stronger as the fight goes on, so he's at least a little bit interested in yuta (yuji is a special case), the same way he's interested in Maki now and was in Higuruma. This is just what he lives for. Even if at this point no one was able to match the level of exciment that fighting Gojo provided, this is all that he have left in his life and we can assume that this is exactly like how he travelled across the country killing people during the heian era.

We don't know actually. There's a chance that this would've been the outcome, but at the same time he wouldnt been able to use mahoraga to escape Gojo domain which would result in a one hit ko from Gojo domain if he eventually landed. The whole thing is that Sukuna needed to learn how to improve his technique to bypass barriers like Gojo and the only way he had was to put his own life on the line.
Your replies reads like you didn't actually read my comment. If Sukuna started off with 4 arms, his domain would never have been broken because he would have been able to match Gojo in hand to hand combat, meaning UV would never have hit in the first place. Gojo would have his domain broken 5 times and he would be unable to heal his cursed technique with rct until he dies.

kingRoXaS

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He NEEDED Big Raga for world cleave. His other curse techniques would not have penetrated through infinity.
It's not use, bro.
People just see what they want to see

And the out of character airport scene didn't help at all

Sometimes feels like Gege is kinda lost

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Yes, it makes sense. A sorcerer is only fighting at FULL potential when it's completely into the fight. Gojo only surpassed himself when he was fighting sukuna. Sukuna only needed to learn new stuff to win when he was using 10 shadows against Gojo. They were both trying their best to follow their own plans and defeat their enemy. After that, Sukuna is kinda just dealing with nuisances and seeing if they have any potential, but he's getting tired in the process. His energy reserves are getting low, but his potential to fuck everyone up and becoming even more dangerous is rising because he's stating to feel like MAYBE he's cornered in this situation.
I dunno if "cornered " is the word to describe what he is feeling, it's more like he feels that no one will ever surpass him and because of this sensation he kinda of lost hope? The loneliness of the strongest he and Gojo felt? That's what he feels and he had high hopes for this generation but now is more like " meh, forget it, no one was worth my time".

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Just to remember that Sukuna lost once, that's why all his 20 fingers was scattered.

nfinitfx

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
In this chapter,Sukuna will use an forgotten "old heian period spell" and everyone will loose.
What turned out to be a guess spoiler, may just turned out to be true for next chapter........

Just to remember that Sukuna lost once, that's why all his 20 fingers was scattered.
Would be good to see that fight again.. they should make it in a prequel movie

LYEL

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
At this point, i don't think he lost, he probably simple gave himself away

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He was the one that divided his own power into the fingers to be born again on a later era.

Dr34d

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
It's not use, bro.
People just see what they want to see

And the out of character airport scene didn't help at all

Sometimes feels like Gege is kinda lost
It feels like you are the ones seeing what you want to see. Yes, we don't believe any of Sukuna's techniques (hidden or not) can get through infinity but does domain amplification bypass Infinity? YESSSSS. It is on this basis that Sukuna can beat Gojo. DOMAIN AMPLIFICATION! READ IT WELL!

Bebo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Macedonia
It’s honestly annoying at this point how much Gege glazes Sukuna, the whole Jumpkaisen moment was good and Sukuna was getting literally spat on but suddenly ‘’he’s holding back’’. Manga’s been on a downfall post Gojo fight, gege needs to wrap it up.

Vici

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
If Yuji has a million haters I'm one of them. If he has one hater it's me. If he has 0 haters I have died. If the world is against Yuji I am with the world, if the world is for Yuji I am against the world.

Dr34d

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
If Yuji has a million haters I'm one of them. If he has one hater it's me. If he has 0 haters I have died. If the world is against Yuji I am with the world, if the world is for Yuji I am against the world.
I understand the hate but I don't think Yuji is anywhere near Maki's level at the moment. He is still the weakest of the special grades (if you can even call Yuji a special grade atm). She will physically overpower Yuji easily.

Griffithpt

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal
I see numerous similarities between the current situations of My Hero Academy and Jujutsu Kaisen.

In both manga the protagonists (Izuku and Yuji) are engaged in an all-out fight against a semi-omnipotent villain (Shigaraki for Izuku, Sukuna for Yuji) who seemingly resists everything that is thrown at him.

In both situations, the protagonist tries to damage the opponent by hitting his spirit and the fights are centered on wanting to save someone at all costs (for Yuji Megumi and for Izuku Shigaraki himself) and in both situations the protagonists are supported by someone who sacrifices himself for them or tries to help them (for Izuku the six predecessors).
Here's another similarity for you. The fanbase of both manga hate the protagonist.

Yuji (despite against Mahito) never did anything that deserves to be the MC.

Neala897

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Here's another similarity for you. The fanbase of both manga hate the protagonist.
Except in Bnha some people simply cant outgrow their edgelord phase while Jjk has an actual undevelopment problem

Antonho

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
He should be able to.

Your replies reads like you didn't actually read my comment. If Sukuna started off with 4 arms, his domain would never have been broken because he would have been able to match Gojo in hand to hand combat, meaning UV would never have hit in the first place. Gojo would have his domain broken 5 times and he would be unable to heal his cursed technique with rct until he dies.
If he started their fight with that last form, he wouldn't have a last resort heal in case Gojo pulled some shit Sukuna couldn't defend against AND he wouldn't be able to learn what he needed to improve his own CT. He wasn't fighting Gojo just to win, he was fighting Gojo to improve. Even Sukuna didn't expected UV to do THAT much damage in such a short time. Gojo exceeded Sukuna expectations to a point where going off with his original plan almost killed him. So even if starting the fight with his original form could result in a different outcome, that would not be a decision that made sense for the character we are reading for years, the same way Gojo could've killed yuji after he ate some fingers and prevented ALL of this but that decision would be completely out of character.

Ero-Sanji

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Sukuna has four arms. Two for Hollow Wicked Basket which means no UV. Gojo's domain will crumble from Sukuna's and all Sukuna has to do now is spam lightning on Gojo's head while unleashing his sure-hit. We still don't know what Open: Fuga truly is and we still don't know what his last weapon could do.

I agree with the rest though, Sukuna nerfed himself in order to get stronger. However he also needed to keep some of his arsenal to himself because other people were watching and learning.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Did u see my other post where I compare Yuji with BNHA MC?