Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 253 - Spoilers & Discussion | Page 3 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Jujutsu Kaisen Chapter 253 - Spoilers & Discussion

Senoirmeow

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Never thought I’d see the day where people criticise a combat manga that *doesnt* have strange & copious amounts of dialogue during a fight and gets straight to it.

Dr34d

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Never thought I’d see the day where people criticise a combat manga that *doesnt* have strange & copious amounts of dialogue during a fight and gets straight to it.
This is confirmation that no matter what you do, people will complain. You can't please everyone at the same time.

Battle Wolf

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
IMO ppl are not criticizing the battle itself but the overpower Sukuna, of course we all know from the beginning that he was the strongest a lot of years ago, but the way that he kill all sorcerers are just bizarre, but all that IMO.

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
IMO ppl are not criticizing the battle itself but the overpower Sukuna, of course we all know from the beginning that he was the strongest a lot of years ago, but the way that he kill all sorcerers are just bizarre, but all that IMO.
Right on, my friend

Dynamight

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
That’s the main reason it’s getting boring to me personally. I get he’s the god of jujutsu but at this point, I’m almost convinced he’s going to come out victorious.

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Now i understand, what a chapter!

Phaizzy

Reaction score
Country
United States
That’s the main reason it’s getting boring to me personally. I get he’s the god of jujutsu but at this point, I’m almost convinced he’s going to come out victorious.
Agreed and honestly Sukuna is my second fav behind Inu.

They have hinted time and time again Sukuna is just OP and yet to go all out. If Sukuna was barely trying with Itadori and he somehow manages to go all out then Itadori in theory should just die.

The only way and I mean the ONLY way I can see this taking a turn is if he uses his real power and that was an opening OR Megumi decides to fight back

But then again adding Megumi won’t do nothing since maharaga is dead. There is literally no scenario in which Sukuna does not win.. to make matters worse his assistant seems to have the edge over the Elvis looking dude. Can choso blood bend?

I’m enjoying the fights but I understand where people like you are coming from. Seeing him defeat the first couple people was enough to showcase.

They also stated the reason they didn’t jump Sukuna is because he likely had a backup plan incase he got jumped yet he has gotten jumped several
Times and did nothing. Which furthers how I feel about them needing to kill Gojo to keep Sukuna afloat. Sukuna in theory would’ve died if Mai, Gojo and Yuta jumped him

Dr34d

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Agreed and honestly Sukuna is my second fav behind Inu.

They have hinted time and time again Sukuna is just OP and yet to go all out. If Sukuna was barely trying with Itadori and he somehow manages to go all out then Itadori in theory should just die.

The only way and I mean the ONLY way I can see this taking a turn is if he uses his real power and that was an opening OR Megumi decides to fight back

But then again adding Megumi won’t do nothing since maharaga is dead. There is literally no scenario in which Sukuna does not win.. to make matters worse his assistant seems to have the edge over the Elvis looking dude. Can choso blood bend?

I’m enjoying the fights but I understand where people like you are coming from. Seeing him defeat the first couple people was enough to showcase.

They also stated the reason they didn’t jump Sukuna is because he likely had a backup plan incase he got jumped yet he has gotten jumped several
Times and did nothing. Which furthers how I feel about them needing to kill Gojo to keep Sukuna afloat. Sukuna in theory would’ve died if Mai, Gojo and Yuta jumped him
This way of thinking is funny. You have made several assumptions which are just off:

"Megumi won't do nothing since Mahoraga is dead" How are you sure Mahoraga is dead? or there isn't an ultimate Chimera that creates something even greater than Mahoraga? Megumi can even help in other ways, like limiting Sukuna's output even further. Because you can't think of the possibilities does not mean there is something wrong with the writing. The same goes for Yuji. Did you imagine that Yuji would learn reverse cursed technique and suddenly be able to hang around in the same fight with Yuta?

"....Maki, Gojo and Yuta jumped him" this is just crazy. Like as if you are not reading the same manga we are reading. Yuta literally apologised to Kusakabe for thinking they could interfere after Gojo pulled off that make shift Hollow purple. Do you think Yuta and Maki would have been able to survive that? Assuming they interfered and Yuta blocked off Mahoraga, there is no telling what Sukuna would have pulled off. Again, because you can't think of the possibilities does not make the writing bad.

kingRoXaS

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
This way of thinking is funny. You have made several assumptions which are just off:

"Megumi won't do nothing since Mahoraga is dead" How are you sure Mahoraga is dead? or there isn't an ultimate Chimera that creates something even greater than Mahoraga? Megumi can even help in other ways, like limiting Sukuna's output even further. Because you can't think of the possibilities does not mean there is something wrong with the writing. The same goes for Yuji. Did you imagine that Yuji would learn reverse cursed technique and suddenly be able to hang around in the same fight with Yuta?

"....Maki, Gojo and Yuta jumped him" this is just crazy. Like as if you are not reading the same manga we are reading. Yuta literally apologised to Kusakabe for thinking they could interfere after Gojo pulled off that make shift Hollow purple. Do you think Yuta and Maki would have been able to survive that? Assuming they interfered and Yuta blocked off Mahoraga, there is no telling what Sukuna would have pulled off. Again, because you can't think of the possibilities does not make the writing bad.
Just about Mahoraga... Sukuna destroyed/killed Megumi Snake Shikigami on first arc and he couldn't use her again
Gojo evaporated Mahoraga, feat that no one on the Gojo or Zenin clan achieved

Zehahaha

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I think people should enjoy it as it is and not literally take what Uraume said. One thing I liked about Fraudkuna is that he isn't a villain who slips, as in underestimates the enemy and make silly mistakes. So although he wasn't as excited as he is now when he faced Yuta and the rest, it doesn't mean he didn't fight seriously (maybe not 100%, but still serious enough)

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
So does the fact that Kusakabe managed to deflect the Uzumaki make sense?

Battle Wolf

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Sukuna really pissed with Maki then Bang a black flash in her... Kusakabe can show us some interesting fight finally?

Dr34d

Reaction score
Country
Uchiha Clan
Just about Mahoraga... Sukuna destroyed/killed Megumi Snake Shikigami on first arc and he couldn't use her again
Gojo evaporated Mahoraga, feat that no one on the Gojo or Zenin clan achieved
You haven't said anything. Destroyed Shikigami of the 10 shadows have their powers transferred to other shikigami through totality. Even if no extra unknown conditions are introduced, we still have the escape rabbit, max elephant, bull and the dog. They could all form the basis for new forms.

Franz

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Uriel

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Marvelous chapter again. Gege is on a roll.

Quite interesting, I don't think Maki has been taken out yet.

Hohenheim

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Italy
don’t know how many of you guys come from the fairy tail times, it was one of the first manga I bought physically and the way it dragged itself towards the end was so much painful, this is the same thing even worse because this story had incredible potential, a mix of hxh with the sorcerer abilities, friendship, an incredible teacher, funny gags, beautiful design and stellar animation, only to be chopped down to “i’m yet to show my true strength“ / got excited by a character well perfect let’s end him/her.

It reminds me the same path Chainsaw man and baku no hero are taking, rushing towards the final stages. GoT had a similar problem where you had such incredible storyline with endless connections, twists, character evolution, only to be destroyed. We could also say that naruto had a similar problem altought in my humble opinion was only in the final arch /battles so it’s still an exceptional achievement.

I think it’s a generalisation but it’s a good mental exercise, when profit gets in the way of the author almost always bad thing happen, even a monster like Oda was obligated to take a break; in black clover they’ve changed to a longer schedule (another promising anime that was destroyed by nakama power much like fairy tail). HxH is another example, although in this particular case is due to the author health, but the excitement and happiness to read even a few chapter is incredible, the joy to find out even a few hours of story development just to be flooded by three chapter of a character internal thoughts (i’m exaggerating).

I think this ties well in our modern society that requires everything and as soon as possible, milk jujutsu kaisen as much as you can as long as it’s at its popularity peak.

Are there any manga that you really enjoyed from start to finish ?

lexx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
The writing of JJK has been mid throughout. Both the heroes and the villains lack any motivation or pathos that resonates strongly with the audience.