Shounen - Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Chapter 188 was full of everything, I was expecting a jealous Takagi-san but she was very soft this time. Nishikata is making more developments into accepting her advances too, it's like they both accept it's not teasing anymore.

The Valentine Day's chapters were always great, I can't wait to see how Nishi's brithday will go. :blush
Yeah i was expecting too a little bit of jealousy too but i think shes now fully confident about Nishi being uninterested, and also she knows about Houjou's romance so she probably expected it to be an advice. also 1st time i see Takahgi apologizing to Nishikata

THis page : :zomg

Nishi is so cute by thinking this is admitting his feelings somehow :teehee

raaah takagi is so adorable, time for Nishi for opening his eyes/being more confident, deep inside he knows but still he lacks a little confidence but that a part of what makes him such an adorable guy !

Last edited:

revo

The Witch of Certainty
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Yeah i was expecting too a little bit of jealousy too but i think shes now fully confident about Nishi being uninterested, and also she knows about Houjou's romance so she probably expected it to be an advice. also 1st time i see Takahgi apologizing to Nishikata

THis page : :zomg

She apologizes if she's making him too uncomfortable and wants to directly ask him what he likes for presents, it's like a new very shy side of Takagi-san we see, it's refresing and nice, it's like if they just started to date. :blush
Nishi is so cute by thinking this is admitting his feelings somehow :teehee
raaah takagi is so adorable, time for Nishi for opening his eyes/being more confident, deep inside he knows but still he lacks a little confidence but that a part of what makes him such an adorable guy !
Yeah Nishi always thinks down of himself, it's like if such a girl as Takagi-san liking him would be impossible, that and he thinks she's evil and likes to mess with him. :Haha
But it's like character development from them little by little; since chapter 100 Takagi-san barely teases him, everything is a direct hit at this point and honestly she has basically confessed many times; while Nishikata is starting to less naive and admiting things on his own, he's just very shy and stubborn.

This moment made me grin the most, and it was a slight tsun-tsun moment of her.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
She apologizes if she's making him too uncomfortable and wants to directly ask him what he likes for presents, it's like a new very shy side of Takagi-san we see, it's refresing and nice, it's like if they just started to date. :blush

Yeah Nishi always thinks down of himself, it's like if such a girl as Takagi-san liking him would be impossible, that and he thinks she's evil and likes to mess with him. :Haha
But it's like character development from them little by little; since chapter 100 Takagi-san barely teases him, everything is a direct hit at this point and honestly she has basically confessed many times; while Nishikata is starting to less naive and admiting things on his own, he's just very shy and stubborn.

This moment made me grin the most, and it was a slight tsun-tsun moment of her.

yep , I think she apologized for misleading him, bc he really thought she was mentioning someone else. she definiely has a shy side and she showed it several times when she secretly blushes etc. , but i can see her teasing him and playing so he tries to guess who is it, thats so her. But this face of him, somehow shocked/maybe hurt, maybe she realized she shouldnt have. And maybe she was trying to test his jealousy, too.

then he was relieved.

But that shows how she cares about his feelings, and maybe she knows he cares a lot for her too, especially considering his disppointed expression above. thats why i think she admitted this was mean.
Both of them are revealing a little more lately, sadly i have the impression that the series is closer to the end. But im looking so badly forward a confession :zomg and i hope it will be Nishikita who will makes the 1st move, i m under the impression that Takagi is the one who s trying the most, even if im 100% about his feelings for her.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Takagi was jealous I thought. She played Nishi like usual but it wasn't for her own enjoyment, and that's why she admitted she was acting out of meanness straight away; she's mature. Nishikata always pulls up before doing anything mean with his pranks too.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Takagi was jealous I thought. She played Nishi like usual but it wasn't for her own enjoyment, and that's why she admitted she was acting out of meanness straight away; she's mature. Nishikata always pulls up before doing anything mean with his pranks too.
Thats what i thought too, at 1st before remembering this scene, Takagi is clever and observant, she knew very well what was going with those two :
chapter 79

chapter 108

this last page makes to me clear imo, that everyone in their class is aware about whats happening with houjou x hamaguchi and nishi x taka. So might be wrong but i think Takagi suspected that houjou only wanted a piece of advice from Nishi, but she indeed played with Nishi, she probably was testing him and she eventually felt bad about it. Yeah she acted maturely.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Oh this chapter (120) could possible one of the best if not the best lately , Nishikata was just so so so awesome, im sure you ll appreciate his gentleman's demeanor, @Brandish , he really scored a lot to my eyes in this chap ! :wtf And Takagi was so so cute ! both are just so sweet ! i could quote every single page lol but just those will be enough to illustrate this chapter greatness !

Props to Souichiro, he delivered the best chapter possible this month.

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Perfect chapter for Valentines Day! Circling back to an iconic moment/scene means we've got to be on the home stretch... if it wasn't already apparent.

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
As I always think, Nishikata is a little gentleman. I absolutely love his character development in the last chapters, such a good boy! That happy smile she gave when he came back for her... he has been giving her many critical hits lately. :lovebunny

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Perfect chapter for Valentines Day! Circling back to an iconic moment/scene means we've got to be on the home stretch... if it wasn't already apparent.
Oh definitely close to the end, i dont see the manga lasting too long now, maybe a couple of months, half year more/less, hard to say due to the format but really close to conclusion now. Takagi is showing more and more vulnerable and Nishikata was subconsicensly knowing he has some feelings for her, but now hes definitely starting to admit it, his coming back for her is just a proof hes now not scared to show openly he cares for her. :zomg he just need a little push to speak them up, and im really looking forward to it, Takagi really deserved it, shes been working so hard for months.

Chapter 121 was nice, but no way as close as amazing as 120, but still has some cute moments.

Loved the disguised compliment here :

and this :teehee
Takagi is really so great, nice move !

Little note about Setsubun

Setsubun

Setsubun (節分, "seasonal division") is a festival held on February 3 or 4, one day before the start of spring according to the Japanese lunar calendar. Setsubun is not a national holiday.
For many centuries, the people of Japan have been performing rituals with the purpose of chasing away evil spirits at the start of spring.
Around the 13th century, for example, it became a custom to drive away evil spirits by the strong smell of burning dried sardine heads, the smoke of burning wood and the noise of drums. While this custom is not popular anymore, a few people still decorate their house entrances with fish heads and holy tree leaves in order to deter evil spirits from entering.

In modern days, the most commonly performed setsubun ritual is the throwing of roasted beans around one's house and at temples and shrines across the country. When throwing the beans, you are supposed to shout "Oni wa soto! Fuku wa uchi!" ("Devils out, happiness in"). Afterwards you should pick up and eat the number of beans, which corresponds to your age.
As all traditional festivals, setsubun is celebrated in many variations throughout the country.

Source : https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2285.html

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Chapter 125

Wholesome chapter, I love these moments of Takagi-san just wanting to do something good for Nishi, and him understanding despite the teasing
Hope to see more chapters of them together like this in school again. :blush

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Only one chap this month sadly ! I loved a lot how takagi was thoughtful , she always is, but she is showing more and more, and he noticed her kind thought, ande even did thank her, he didnt see it as teasing but more like a nice move from her. He really has a nice chara development, and Takagi was so cute and so sweet :zomg

fave panels :
:wtf

+
the Takagi pic from the cover (cleaned)

Last edited:

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Imagine going to a video shop and bumping into Takagi... Nishikata lives the best life.

Takagi is building to a confession, why she deserved 10pts in the Top 10 Game recently :nod

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Those 2 chapters made me smile, glad i get to read them today, they were really sweet, i love how nishi could definitely read Takagi’s intentions , he just need a little bit more self confidence, and that was so cute from her.

126 fave panels : Takagi is so adorable and Nishi blushing even when hes at home, he is really such a sweet guy.

chap 127 its me or they re being slightly more closer ? i feel like something interesting might happen in upcoming chapters hopefully, they seem to have taken some little steps, seems to me espeially nishi, he is more and more aware about his own feelings and about Takagi's intentions, he isnt event feel annoyed anymore by her teasing, he s now just blushing lol. Love this scene, and love how takagi manages to hide her emotions, and even has the guts to make use of the situation to get more of nishi (hes such a lucky guy)

Fave 127 panels

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Hmm I think 127 has been like a few others recently, where it's getting closer to them becoming an item. I thought 126 showed more on that front, actually.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
oh i liked both, ive read them in a row, so i get similar feeling from both, but agree with you about 126 coz it has no teasing dimension to it so it was definitely more "revealing" no mask/no game and more genuine intentions/reactions of both and i liked how he was sorry t have spoiled her, and how she was still happy to watch his pick. and in 127 despite being sweet, the hand touching thing is a little bit cliché while the whole video recommendation was more elaborate way of both to express themselves.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
chap 128 : Oh this chap is just so perfect, Takagi was brilliant and just tooooooo sweet, open your eyes Nishi !!

Those panels are pure gold :love

and her eyes expression, so eloquent :wtf

But actually he knows, baka nishi, need more self confidence !!

Baaaaaka !!

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
128 was more of the same, which is good, definitely getting closer to that ship.

The cover was heaven though.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
128 was more of the same, which is good, definitely getting closer to that ship.

The cover was heaven though.
Yeah seems we re really close to the end, its only a little step left. want it to be epic, takagi is just incredibly patient, but Nishi deserves it.
yes cover was amazing. Also appreciate the notes of the translator and their efforts to find wording/replacemnt, for hard/impossible to translate or cultural things that needs creativity, its not easy to do, and they truly do it well, and its not the 1st time.
Only a chap this month seemingly, sadly

revo

The Witch of Certainty
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
Chapter 129 is out.

Lately each chapter has been getting closer and closer to the real thing.
Nishikata getting more aware of her and his feelings while Takagi has been almost zero teasing and more hopeful about him.

Really like their little moments like this, Takagi was particulary prettier in this chapter, all these little smiles and blushes :blush I don't think the author will do the final advance to the final chapter so this is still wholesome for now.

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Another great chap, takagi is really lovely, she anticipated the misunderstanding and didnt want Nishikita to feel uneasy, thats so thoughtful of her :zomg she s great when it comes to reading him, and lets be honest wasnt nishikita's quiproquo, an obvious slip ? :teehee i love his reaction when he saw her, it's so eloquent !

she s such a sweetie again thats more than a hint, Nishi open your eyes !

takagi has all waifu qualities, see she s anticiapating, didnt want him to feel uneasy, took the right initiative and reassured him, absolutely no wrong teasing just pure love and kindness ♥

best panel , s so so great ! :wtf

really nishi, really ? :fan

Lovely color page :zomg

Brandish μ

Can you?
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Alvarez Empire
Chapter 133 was beautiful as usual. Hope nishikata went to her house.

The flashback special seeing younger TKG and ABC was good too - wonder is nishikata figures it out, and realises she's had him in her web for that long?