Voting Round 2 - Katakuri Charlotte vs. Kogami Shinya | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Voting Round 2 Katakuri Charlotte vs. Kogami Shinya

Who wins?

• Katakuri Charlotte

• Kogami Shinya

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
That first round passed so fast. :darn

Well, up there @syx posted some Psycho-Pass greatness but for the people who haven't checked that anime yet, please do it, I can say you wont be disappointed. :)
At least with the first season, the Makishima case is sincerely the best arc by far and Shinya Kogami is, with the antagonist, the reason for how good it is.

My reason for nominating him for best husbando is not his good looks or his badass style. I mean, he does look good in many aspects, but what caught my eye over everything else was his determination and particular mindset.
He's a man of culture, truly smart and acute, with a very strong sense of righteousness that feels incredibly refreshing, even more so in the futuristic enviroment where he lives.

Its also so hard to completely understand him, he's quite the straightforward type of person but that doesn't make him rush his decisions. He would definitely risk his life if one of his comrades or friends are in danger and always values their well being over the objective.

He's not an easy guy to catch and follow but its absolutely worth it, I hope you get to know him well in this wars. :thumbs

Hermit

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Mozambique
Kogami is my favorite character in Psycho Pass, I like him more than Makishima. He gets my vote here :)

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Shinya for me too.I really liked him.

Elusia

Reaction score
Country
Philippines

*incoherent fangirl noises* :luv :luv
Kogami gets my vote~

Also, @Lambu, take this as a compliment but everytime I see this guy, I always think that you look like him irl :cookiehand

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Classic Kogami :amuse

*incoherent fangirl noises* :luv :luv
Kogami gets my vote~

Also, @Lambu, take this as a compliment but everytime I see this guy, I always think that you look like him irl :cookiehand
Elu indeed has great recognition powers, you nailed it. :hip

Seriously now, I might have some similarities with him but not as many, Im much shorter and not as "stern looking" :XD
We share the love for philosophy though. Thanks for the compliment :awe

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
>Enters the thread
>Sees that this stopped from a competition about best husbands and is just best character.

I will follow the rules unlike all you :mono but... there is something that itches:

Kogami is my favorite character in Psycho Pass, I like him more than Makishima. He gets my vote here :)
Bruh, how could you do this to me??:gwah:biblethump:emocat
I supported Minato for a shitty reason, and then you do this to meeee!!!:disappoint

:notsure

First... What the hell is a Husband??

Wiki said:
A husband is a male in a marital relationship. The rights and obligations of a husband regarding his spouse and others, and his status in the community and in law, vary between cultures and have varied over time.

In heterosexual marriages, the husband was traditionally regarded as the head of the household and was expected to be the sole provider or breadwinner, a role that is still maintained in some cultures (sometimes described as paternalistic).

The term husband refers to Middle English huseband, from Old English hūsbōnda, from Old Norse hūsbōndi (hūs, "house" + bōndi, būandi, present participle of būa, "to dwell", so, etymologically, "a householder").

"Husband" further refers to the institutionalized form in relation to the spouse and offspring, unlike father, a term that puts a man into the context of his children. Also compare the similar husbandry, which in the 14th century referred to the care of the household, but today means the "control or judicious use of resources", conservation, and in agriculture, the cultivation of plants and animals, and the science about its profession.

a husband was obliged to protect and support not only his wife and children, but servants and animals of his domain, and the father (as the "patron") was awarded with much authority, differing from that of his wife (in these cultures, no polygamy existed).

A Hindu husband traditionally took his wife to his home. He is expected to provide for her and to prove his abilities to do so.
So, they are people that have feelings, thoughts, postures, social recognition, great abilities, biceps, tattoos, leather clothes, etc.

Second... how the hell both *single* characters got inside such competition?? :XD Because, we're here to prove who's really chosen to fit the role!

Charlotte Katakuri belongs to the Charlotte family and he's the second son of Charlotte "Big Mom" Lin Lin, matriach of the family. Has 48 yrs old, heights 509 cm, was born in a triplets birth and he works in Totland's Archipielago as the Minister of Flour governing an entire island, Komugi Island.

He got a job, is fit, and there is some charms that this man has like:

His name is based on that very Violet lily flower.

One Piece universe has a ranking of bounty posters that the higher the amount, the stronger the person (usually)... Katakuri stands to 1.056.000.000, the higher bounty amount ever released by now. -If you surrender it to the marines, you're automatically millionaire :kappa-

At One Piece world, exists a power that is related to know what character would do before performing it, Katakuri is a prodigy on that matter, he can see the future, imagine every action that might hurt you, Katakuri would be able to foresee it and give the immediate solution to it, be it accdiental, on purpose, ranting, sickness, seizures, yellings, etc.

He has a Devil Fruit which consist on Mochi, which is a rice paste that is edible and sweet... you literally can eat this man:awe

He also got the most notable acknowledgement by his family, one of his sisters told us what she thinks of the man here:

Which woman would not want this prospect as Husband??? :hurr

A dream come true... and not to say his leisure time, he loves sweets!!

He's prudent, perfectionist, pragmatic, loyal and humble to not brag his awesome self... imagine taking his heart, and he let's you enter his "Shrine" :whistle

Vote for the greatest.

Vote Katakuri:datass

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
>Enters the thread
>Sees that this stopped from a competition about best husbands and is just best character.

I will follow the rules unlike all you :mono but... there is something that itches:

Bruh, how could you do this to me??:gwah:biblethump:emocat
I supported Minato for a shitty reason, and then you do this to meeee!!!:disappoint

:notsure

First... What the hell is a Husband??

So, they are people that have feelings, thoughts, postures, social recognition, great abilities, biceps, tattoos, leather clothes, etc.

Second... how the hell both *single* characters got inside such competition?? :XD Because, we're here to prove who's really chosen to fit the role!

Charlotte Katakuri belongs to the Charlotte family and he's the second son of Charlotte "Big Mom" Lin Lin, matriach of the family. Has 48 yrs old, heights 509 cm, was born in a triplets birth and he works in Totland's Archipielago as the Minister of Flour governing an entire island, Komugi Island.

He got a job, is fit, and there is some charms that this man has like:

His name is based on that very Violet lily flower.

One Piece universe has a ranking of bounty posters that the higher the amount, the stronger the person (usually)... Katakuri stands to 1.056.000.000, the higher bounty amount ever released by now. -If you surrender it to the marines, you're automatically millionaire :kappa-

At One Piece world, exists a power that is related to know what character would do before performing it, Katakuri is a prodigy on that matter, he can see the future, imagine every action that might hurt you, Katakuri would be able to foresee it and give the immediate solution to it, be it accdiental, on purpose, ranting, sickness, seizures, yellings, etc.

He has a Devil Fruit which consist on Mochi, which is a rice paste that is edible and sweet... you literally can eat this man:awe

He also got the most notable acknowledgement by his family, one of his sisters told us what she thinks of the man here:

Which woman would not want this prospect as Husband??? :hurr

A dream come true... and not to say his leisure time, he loves sweets!!

He's prudent, perfectionist, pragmatic, loyal and humble to not brag his awesome self... imagine taking his heart, and he let's you enter his "Shrine" :whistle

Vote for the greatest.

Vote Katakuri:datass
Debate about 'what is a husband' is banned.

Kogami protects his lady! Not his fault the government is corrupt and wouldn't let him be a husband.

And that guys muscles look off :s

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
>Enters the thread
But... Kogami is one of the best male characters in his series and best husbando, remarking his good and interesting traits as characters should be part of the campaign. ;)

Which brings to this:

how the hell both *single* characters got inside such competition?? :XD Because, we're here to prove who's really chosen to fit the role!
Agreed. Katakuri would be, at least, an interesting choice over one charismatic detective like Kogami.

... yeah :oh

:pjsalt

Reactions: syx

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
But... Kogami is one of the best male characters in his series and best husbando, remarking his good and interesting traits as characters should be part of the campaign. ;)

Which brings to this:

Agreed. Katakuri would be, at least, an interesting choice over one charismatic detective like Kogami.

I repeat: that's the dream.

Shobu_Yoruichi

Reaction score
Country
Chile
Debate about 'what is a husband' is banned.
Please...

"A husband is a male"

End of debate :cookiefinger

Kogami protects his lady! Not his fault the government is corrupt and wouldn't let him be a husband.
So, the government is the responsible for... Shinya being *single*

Is he... married to the government?? :yodawg

If the man doesn't have the balls to exit the system for his beloved one, GTFO!! :gtfo

And that guys muscles look off :s
He can be anything, sista!

Bulky? Sure...

Fatty? Of-fucking-course!!

Social?? Deerling! I will hang out with the guys, wait for me, wait for me <33

Thoughtful?? Gawd, obviously... even cute!

Unkillable?? Since he was born!

Katakuri is a man of culture, malleable in any aspect:datass

Which brings to this:

Is this... your idea of being salty, my dear Lambu????:fail

First of all, let me remind you and you all, that as long as Shinya is a detective, his life is in danger... who geerl would like to spend almost all the day thinking if his hubby will return at night??

Mah boi Katakuri works at the Ministry of Flour, HE WILL ALWAYS RETURN TO HOME:allthe:\m/:\m/

I went to inform myself about Kogami Shinya, and the first thing that crossed my mind was that he's a person that thinks too much about himself... with quotes like:

• Kogami thinks that the essential minimum of things he needs for living abroad is knowledge, wisdom and physical strength.
  • While being depicted as someone who rarely shows emotions, Kogami's smile while with his former teacher Saiga is shown to be sincere
  • His motto is, "Be gentle to others but strict to oneself."
  • Kogami's favorite saying is "Believe in your own power. Don't always rely on others."
  • His strengths are "Flashes of genius backed up with intelligence" and his weakness is "Kindness."

He's a man that spends more time working for his persona, than for others.... How can someone that thinks kindness is a weakness, doesn't likes to rely on others, doesn't shows emotions and for living doesn't include someone be a good husband???

Is this a joke??:yodawg:pjsalt:pjsalt He's a poor loner, mah boi Katakuri is always thinking in what the others might think about him and worries for his family, because he knows that thanks to them he has that life that cherishes to the utmost degree:datass

Reebi

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Please...

"A husband is a male"

If the man doesn't have the balls to exit the system for his beloved one, GTFO!! :gtfo

Bulky? Sure...

First of all, let me remind you and you all, that as long as Shinya is a detective, his life is in danger... who geerl would like to spend almost all the day thinking if his hubby will return at night??

Mah boi Katakuri works at the Ministry of Flour, HE WILL ALWAYS RETURN TO HOME:allthe:\m/:\m/

I went to inform myself about Kogami Shinya, and the first thing that crossed my mind was that he's a person that thinks too much about himself... with quotes like:

• Kogami thinks that the essential minimum of things he needs for living abroad is knowledge, wisdom and physical strength.
  • While being depicted as someone who rarely shows emotions, Kogami's smile while with his former teacher Saiga is shown to be sincere
  • Kogami's favorite saying is "Believe in your own power. Don't always rely on others."
  • His strengths are "Flashes of genius backed up with intelligence" and his weakness is "Kindness."

He's a man that spends more time working for his persona, than for others.... How can someone that thinks kindness is a weakness, doesn't likes to rely on others, doesn't shows emotions and for living doesn't include someone be a good husband???

Is this a joke??:yodawg:pjsalt:pjsalt He's a poor loner, mah boi Katakuri is always thinking in what the others might think about him and worries for his family, because he knows that thanks to them he has that life that cherishes to the utmost degree:datass
Well, with Oda's artwork who knows what his wang looks like :s

Fine, I will do the math to prove how much better Kogami is:

Eyes/Face: 13/15
Charisma / Personality: 8/10
Hair: 8/10
Muscles: 9/10
Husband Material: 3.5/5

Charolette

Eyes/Face: 6/15
Charisma / Personality: 7.5/10
Hair: 8.5/10
Muscles: 3/10
Husband Material:4/5

I was being unbiased :p

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Fine, I will do the math to prove how much better Kogami is:

Eyes/Face: 13/15
Charisma / Personality: 8/10
Hair: 8/10
Muscles: 9/10
Husband Material: 3.5/5

Charolette

Eyes/Face: 6/15
Charisma / Personality: 7.5/10
Hair: 8.5/10
Muscles: 3/10
Husband Material:4/5
That’s literally not math, just opinion presented in a number system you yourself made up.

And you even said yourself that Katakuri is more husband material (which is really just the general term for the sum of all other factors), so end of discussion. :cookiehand

But sure, I’ll give some nonsense “proof” as well. I will do the poems.

Katakuri
Shall I compare thee to a donut’s glaze?
Thou art more tasty and more delicate
Rough scars do nothing to defoul your face
And a thousand donuts add nothing to your weight
Yum~~

Kougami
Roses are red
Your eyes are gray
Gray is literally used as a synonym for “dull and nondescript”

I’m also unbiased. <_>

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Please...

"A husband is a male"

Bulky? Sure...

Im not salty Shobu, I just wanted to spice a little the thread. :D
I dont think Katakuri would be a bad husbando.

I do think his gluttony would be a turn off for me though :p

Your attacks on Kogami though, I dont see the bad points. How is someone with the iniciative to take things on their own a bad husbando trait? Man, it doesnt make sense. :mono

As for "Kindness" he doesnt think its a weakness, its just one thing someone said about him.

As for not including a partner as an essential thing to live, I also dont get whats wrong about it.
You dont really die for being on your own, sure a partner will always complement your life and even piece it strongly together, but it should never be an essential thing to live, it sounds freaking dramatic. :XD

Finally, for him being reluctant of showing emotions is part of his character for a reason. He's not a regular detective and doesnt have the same rights as Akane (the main character). If you watch Psycho-Pass you will understand.

I’m also unbiased. <_>
You sure are :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.