Ken Kaneki vs Jellal Fernandes vs Guts | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Ken Kaneki vs Jellal Fernandes vs Guts

Who wins?

• Ken Kaneki

• Jellal Fernandes

• Guts

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiki

Ruin me, Ruan Mei
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Ken Kaneki

vs

Jellal Fernandes

vs

Guts

Lambu

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Wow, this is truly a hard choice, too much for the first round.
I think the 3 of them have the charms and the choices to get to the finals but I will go for Kaneki this time. Jellal is like a "male waifu" and Guts butcher side is creepy, uhmmm... even though that applies to crazy Kaneki too. :p

Good luck to the three nominations, they will all need it.

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
They all had their share of traumas and are also charming characters, so it is not an easy choice to make....
I'll vote for Jellal I suppose.

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Let's see... A half-man who is akin to a cardboard cutout next to Kaneki, or an uber intense brute who's ten times as messed up inside. Yeah it's as I thought. Nobody can even hold a candle to the glory of Kaneki Ken. He's got the charisma, the multiple persona's, the compassion, the emotion. He has it all.After all, who better to win the gold in the Husbando Wars but the love interest of the queen of Waifu's, Touka?

Last edited:

uberfayt

Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
All three of them have charism but... Let's be honest Guts is too gore to be Husbando material. I could go for either Jellal or Kaneki, but since the first has already a big support from the FT fandom here, I will go with Kaneki then.

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
What's with that idea that Guts is too brutal? He is only violent with his enemies, and now he's not as ruthless as before due to character development, if you are not part of God Hand or Zod he can deal with you as the calm master swordsman that he is. It's not his fault that the world he lives in is full of horrible people. He is nice with his friends and even kids. And despite Casca's state and his suffering he is still doing his very best to treat her well, it's the reason he accepted to have companions again and started to calm his rage.

Last edited:

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2

Nice job judging the man when more than likely most everyone who says guts is a brute or any other insult hasn't even read berserk properly except for some pic on the Internet or bits and pieces of it.

Nothing wrong with not liking guts but judging with little information... *tsk tsk* I'm so dissapointed.

The dude is a great man. And funnily enough does have the qualities of a great "husbando"

Can't hate this

Last edited:

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Nice job judging the man when more than likely most everyone who says guts is a brute or any other insult hasn't even read berserk properly except for some pic on the Internet or bits and pieces of it
And that my friend, is a vote wasted

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
And that my friend, is a vote wasted
True but gotta stick to one's ideals even when losing. Ken is a great character but guts encompasses a lot more if you read it. Definitely think kaneki is universe's above jamal tho :v pfft

Spirit

Certified Sensei
Reaction score
Country
Australia
True but gotta stick to one's ideals even when losing. Ken is a great character but guts encompasses a lot more if you read it. Definitely think kaneki is universe's above jamal tho :v pfft
Fair enough. Welcome to the bath of salt my friend. :hi

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
No matter how hopeless it looks you must fight! Your vote is not wasted. You read Berserk, you should understand this!

Vandred

Plan Deviser
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind
True but gotta stick to one's ideals even when losing.
That's what I think as well. As a big fan of Kaneki's character, I couldn't possibly vote for anybody else.

Than Guts, obviously. :derp

He'd just be a much better husbando than the competition. I don't really know the third guy, but I don't think he can compete with him anyway.

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
That's what I think as well. As a big fan of Kaneki's character, I couldn't possibly vote for anybody else.

He'd just be a much better husbando than the competition. I don't really know the third guy, but I don't think he can compete with him anyway.
Pssst. He's from fairy tail. The most friendship power-up bs ridden manga known to mankind.

To clarify, I do read (still do Ft but more for the occasional giggle from the plots inanity)

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2

Lol just saw the spoiler. I'm so bright
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
I'm being an immature dick by misspelling it on purpose, bro.

Like your pic tho... is it the mc from valkyria?

Last edited:

Lambu

Reaction score
Country
Spain
To be honest Guts deserves to get to the finals. I have read Berserk and I think he is one of the best manga characters ever created, even though now that he is more "calmed" he has lost a little of his charisma (in my opinion of course, dont kill me please).

Now, this is an event with multiple details to keep in mind. If the Kaneki we are talking about is only the badass one I would go for Guts without any doubt, but Ken has so many aspects about his character... Guts is a soldier with a terrible past that starts a journey to take revenge (even though that starting to change in the latest chapters) when Kaneki is trying to understand his inner self, seeking power to protect his friends and have a reason to live on.

I know Guts has a good side, that he wants to be with Casca and find a way to be happy in his f*ckd up world, but he still is the Black Swordsman, a brutal warrior that sheds all necessary blood to accomplish his mission: kill all the apostles and Griffith in the end, that butcher side is still there and if I were to choose him as husbando I would be quite scared, thats something that doesn`t happen with Ken (at least after he understood he was wrong when he insanely searched for power, if you know what I mean "cough, cough" centipede "cough, cough")

I dont know if I explained myself well, just trying to explain my vote, peace! :tem

Dragoon

Reaction score
Country
Band of the Hawks 2
To be honest Guts deserves to get to the finals. I have read Berserk and I think he is one of the best manga characters ever created, even though now that he is more "calmed" he has lost a little of his charisma (in my opinion of course, dont kill me please).

Now, this is an event with multiple details to keep in mind. If the Kaneki we are talking about is only the badass one I would go for Guts without any doubt, but Ken has so many aspects about his character... Guts is a soldier with a terrible past that starts a journey to take revenge (even though that starting to change in the latest chapters) when Kaneki is trying to understand his inner self, seeking power to protect his friends and have a reason to live on.

I know Guts has a good side, that he wants to be with Casca and find a way to be happy in his f*ckd up world, but he still is the Black Swordsman, a brutal warrior that sheds all necessary blood to accomplish his mission: kill all the apostles and Griffith in the end, that butcher side is still there and if I were to choose him as husbando I would be quite scared, thats something that doesn`t happen with Ken (at least after he understood he was wrong when he insanely searched for power, if you know what I mean "cough, cough" centipede "cough, cough")

I dont know if I explained myself well, just trying to explain my vote, peace! :tem
No wrong opinion and while I'm still as much a fan of berserk now as I was back then. It does jar you bit when he starts changing

Demonspeed

Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
Guts is not even obsessed with revenge anymore. Right now he just wants to restore Casca's sanity.

Vandred

Plan Deviser
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Imperium of Mankind

Considering the five or six personality flips he's had in about three years, Kaneki isn't exactly the most stable of characters either. :p With the difference that Guts has started to change for a while now and has more or less reached some inner peace because of the love for his woman. Besides, he has to be brutal when he fights because him, his woman and everyone else will die if he doesn't.

While Kaneki has never really taken in consideration the feelings of others in his actions, has only claimed to protect his friends because of selfish reasons, has abandoned everyone with the deliberate intent of dying more than once by now and has had his moments of murderous madness too (in which he hurt his own friends who didn't die just because they're ghouls). Actually, I think he would be a terrible husbando. :teehee

Probably still better than the third guy, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.